Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | Next > | Last >
OfflineCliffsides
Stranger

Re: Official Georgia Actives 2020 (NO I.D Requests) [Re: Wanderer82]
    #26923590 - 09/07/20 06:50 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

[deleted]

Edited by Cliffsides (09/08/20 07:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineconfuzzed
Stranger
Male

Re: Official Georgia Actives 2020 (NO I.D Requests) [Re: Cliffsides]
    #26923993 - 09/08/20 12:15 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cliffsides said:
Cobb here as well, just started hunting recently, but so far nothin.  Has been fun to learn some of the other species and get outdoors tho, yea.  Good to know someone found something locally tho!  HMU if you guys ever want to share any cobb-specific info, I'll do the same if I happen across anything notable.

Not supposed to share specifics.

My Cobb weather station is 12 inches under my Cherokee station this year...  gyms were out early, and even got a a couple batches of chants...  hardly any good flushes in Cobb though.  Currently Cobb=1 day of precipitation in last 15... per my WS..

U need to watch weather and wait for climate to be right OR expand your horizons.
I got soaked east of Roswell last week only to find Cobb dry as hell... 

Cover more ground is my best recommendation for u all...  watch weather and see where is best.

U are in area of students galore..  one reason I don’t go to hunt Cobb anymore...  if u do find them in a park or path, plop up a lawn chair, I bet u will be leaving before a couple hours pass, as u watched someone else show up that quickly and pick em...  believe me I’ve done it!

Not saying u won’t find them in Cobb.. there are microclimates everywhere, but I been running sprinklers like a madman on properties I manage...  and just shoveled years of shit out of a sewer drain in Cobb that i have never seen not flowing... it was bone dry...

I dunno what’s up :shrug:
But good luck!

OfflineK-dubs
Rookie
 User Gallery

Re: Official Georgia Actives 2020 (NO I.D Requests) [Re: confuzzed]
    #26924169 - 09/08/20 06:14 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Oh wow – that’s really interesting about the weather being so different in two places close to each other. I don’t know why didn’t think of that before. :blush:

I think I’m going to explore a little more elsewhere on the weekends coming up. Hopefully we will get some great weather-looks like decent chance of rain for most of the upcoming week.  :amanita2:  :amanita2:  :amanita2:

Edited by K-dubs (01/24/21 11:45 AM)

OfflineCliffsides
Stranger

#26924201 - 09/08/20 07:09 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

<10 posts in, my bad, not schooled on the etiquette yet, thx for the heads up.

Offlineskinnylittleblonde
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26924566 - 09/08/20 11:49 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

confuzzed said:
Quote:

Cliffsides said:
Cobb here as well, just started hunting recently, but so far nothin.  Has been fun to learn some of the other species and get outdoors tho, yea.  Good to know someone found something locally tho!  HMU if you guys ever want to share any cobb-specific info, I'll do the same if I happen across anything notable.

Not supposed to share specifics.

My Cobb weather station is 12 inches under my Cherokee station this year...  gyms were out early, and even got a a couple batches of chants...  hardly any good flushes in Cobb though.  Currently Cobb=1 day of precipitation in last 15... per my WS..

U need to watch weather and wait for climate to be right OR expand your horizons.
I got soaked east of Roswell last week only to find Cobb dry as hell... 

Cover more ground is my best recommendation for u all...  watch weather and see where is best.

U are in area of students galore..  one reason I don’t go to hunt Cobb anymore...  if u do find them in a park or path, plop up a lawn chair, I bet u will be leaving before a couple hours pass, as u watched someone else show up that quickly and pick em...  believe me I’ve done it!

Not saying u won’t find them in Cobb.. there are microclimates everywhere, but I been running sprinklers like a madman on properties I manage...  and just shoveled years of shit out of a sewer drain in Cobb that i have never seen not flowing... it was bone dry...

I dunno what’s up :shrug:
But good luck!

Very true!
Quite new to this & loving the hunt. Despite not finding any actives, I am enjoying the scenery, education & discovery of new things. Last week, I found so many bright yellow, red & orange mushrooms. Gorgeous! But I picked not, as I’m still learning & will only fetch IF I think it might be edible or active.
I’m up in Bartow County & have been for 20 years. I’ve noticed, year after year, that the east side of 41/75/town gets rain more frequently than the west. It’s odd. I blame it on the Georgia power plant. It emits steam clouds continuously. Many days with only a 30-40% chance of rain forecasted, results in rain at my work (west) and nada at home (East side)
When I lived in Florida, we would ‘chase’ the sunshine...driving to one coast or the other, depending on where the rain was heading. Now, I guess I will start ‘following’ the rain :smile:

The hunt continues :smile:

Offlinehotdiggity
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Official Georgia Actives 2020 (NO I.D Requests) [Re: skinnylittleblonde]
    #26924588 - 09/08/20 12:09 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

With all the warm, dry, weather in Cobb, we're due for a big flush as soon as it cools down and rains.  One of my spots shot up pounds of gyms overnight a couple of weeks ago and now looks like a desert.

OfflineFSHuntings
Half Man Half Amazing

Re: Official Georgia Actives 2020 (NO I.D Requests) [Re: hotdiggity]
    #26924600 - 09/08/20 12:25 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

We need some rain, boys. It’s getting a little dusty out there.

Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Official Georgia Actives 2020 (NO I.D Requests) [Re: FSHuntings]
    #26924654 - 09/08/20 01:08 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Rain forecasted north of the city, Thursday thru Tuesday!
Any hints on where to hunt? So far, been hitting creeks & woods...

OfflineMacaulayTokin
Big Dawg
 User Gallery
Re: Official Georgia Actives 2020 (NO I.D Requests) [Re: scyrusurcys]
    #26924659 - 09/08/20 01:11 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Barrow / Gwinnett line

Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Official Georgia Actives 2020 (NO I.D Requests) [Re: MacaulayTokin]
    #26924784 - 09/08/20 02:34 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MacaulayTokin said:
Barrow / Gwinnett line

Quote:

MacaulayTokin said:
Barrow / Gwinnett line

Thank you! I actually meant habitats to hit. Have been surprised at how many folks have been scoring at public parks! Haha, I’ve been hitting more remote locations, to no avail...yet still I roam to creeks & the woods :smile:

Invisiblebreeg89
i'll tell ya hwhat

Loc: mass
    #26925310 - 09/08/20 08:44 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

You need habitats where the ground has been disturbed. There are tons of habitat pics and descriptions in the GA actives threads. Public parks can be good because ground gets disturbed in them and you can easily scope them out on the internet.

OfflineMentalPariah
Pariah of my mind

#26925424 - 09/08/20 10:21 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

skinnylittleblonde said:
Quote:

MacaulayTokin said:
Barrow / Gwinnett line

Quote:

MacaulayTokin said:
Barrow / Gwinnett line

Thank you! I actually meant habitats to hit. Have been surprised at how many folks have been scoring at public parks! Haha, I’ve been hitting more remote locations, to no avail...yet still I roam to creeks & the woods :smile:

Like breeg said, look through the previous years threads, there's ALOT of good information and some obvious locations if you read between the lines. No one here is going to give their spots man :laugh2:
We all have a running joke/saying that you don't find THEM....They find YOU. Get out there and put boots to ground, worst case you see some amazing nature and get some exercise!

--------------------
Whoever appeals to the law against his
Fellow man is either a fool or a coward
Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant
If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven
Such is the rule of honor

OfflineOnly A Conduit
Grateful
 User Gallery
Re: Official Georgia Actives 2020 (NO I.D Requests) [Re: MentalPariah]
    #26925509 - 09/08/20 11:35 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

It can seem difficult to find them until you find your first. Then your eyes will be adjusted and you'll be more attuned to which habitats might have them, or where in a vicinity they would be most likely to grow. But basically what I tell people is that you want to look somewhere that was a pine forest between 2 to 8 years ago. Somewhere that was a pine forest until people cleared the trees away to build stuff. Pine and sweetgum drop a lot of debris that will accumulate quickly and my personal theory is that in a forest it can accumulate more quickly than most fungi can break it down. But when the forest is cleared away and grass is planted on that nutrient rich soil, it creates the perfect habitat for Ps. caerulescens which is lignicolous, which means it feeds on dead wood material, but this species doesn't grow directly from dead wood. They've also been found in areas of the forest that have naturally been cleared by things like pine beetles or storms, but public parks are sooo much more accessible and they are much easier to spot in grass than it the woods. My advice is to find parks, shopping centers, business parks, or mixed use developments that are near you and were built between 2 and 8 years ago, wait till we get some more rain and just start walking. But please use caution and do not trespass if you can help it. Some members of this thread have had legal trouble in years past as a result of this hobby.

OfflineWanderer82
Watching waiting
Male User Gallery

Re: Official Georgia Actives 2020 (NO I.D Requests) [Re: Only A Conduit]
    #26925827 - 09/09/20 07:48 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

More stragglers

OfflineCliffsides
Stranger

Re: Official Georgia Actives 2020 (NO I.D Requests) [Re: Wanderer82]
    #26926062 - 09/09/20 10:28 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Forecast shows 6 days of rain starting Friday.  Good luck hunters.

InvisibleNitro87
Living the Dream
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Clouds
Trusted Identifier
Re: Official Georgia Actives 2020 (NO I.D Requests) [Re: Cliffsides]
    #26926295 - 09/09/20 12:54 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cliffsides said:
Forecast shows 6 days of rain starting Friday.  Good luck hunters.

Hate I gotta work out of town... Y’all save some for me when I get back!

--------------------
Life is worth living

Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Official Georgia Actives 2020 (NO I.D Requests) [Re: Only A Conduit]
    #26927689 - 09/10/20 06:34 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Only A Conduit said:
It can seem difficult to find them until you find your first. Then your eyes will be adjusted and you'll be more attuned to which habitats might have them, or where in a vicinity they would be most likely to grow. But basically what I tell people is that you want to look somewhere that was a pine forest between 2 to 8 years ago. Somewhere that was a pine forest until people cleared the trees away to build stuff. Pine and sweetgum drop a lot of debris that will accumulate quickly and my personal theory is that in a forest it can accumulate more quickly than most fungi can break it down. But when the forest is cleared away and grass is planted on that nutrient rich soil, it creates the perfect habitat for Ps. caerulescens which is lignicolous, which means it feeds on dead wood material, but this species doesn't grow directly from dead wood. They've also been found in areas of the forest that have naturally been cleared by things like pine beetles or storms, but public parks are sooo much more accessible and they are much easier to spot in grass than it the woods. My advice is to find parks, shopping centers, business parks, or mixed use developments that are near you and were built between 2 and 8 years ago, wait till we get some more rain and just start walking. But please use caution and do not trespass if you can help it. Some members of this thread have had legal trouble in years past as a result of this hobby.

Beautiful Info! THANK YOU! I have read every comment on this thread & will go back through past years! I hit a couple plazas yesterday but will hit a local park today! With your insights, I think I will also check out an area that was cleared for a new subdivision, then construction got halted. Haha, I went to a popular park night before last & noticed someone had uprooted a gazillion mushrooms. Looking forward to the upcoming rain! This sounds crazy, but I have a cedar tree out back & recently had a trash tree cut down, as well as a compost pile. I was thinking about getting wood mulch (organic,not store bought) and pine needles to mix in/pile up on my compost pile to see if anything pops up in the spring. :smile: regardless, I AM enjoying the nature, the exercise & the fun!

Invisibleonefortheroad
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: North GA
    #26927842 - 09/10/20 08:42 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

skinnylittleblonde said:
Quote:

Only A Conduit said:

Beautiful Info! THANK YOU! I have read every comment on this thread & will go back through past years! I hit a couple plazas yesterday but will hit a local park today! With your insights, I think I will also check out an area that was cleared for a new subdivision, then construction got halted. Haha, I went to a popular park night before last & noticed someone had uprooted a gazillion mushrooms. Looking forward to the upcoming rain! This sounds crazy, but I have a cedar tree out back & recently had a trash tree cut down, as well as a compost pile. I was thinking about getting wood mulch (organic,not store bought) and pine needles to mix in/pile up on my compost pile to see if anything pops up in the spring. :smile: regardless, I AM enjoying the nature, the exercise & the fun!

I would probably wait for some sky juice.  The best time to look is when everyone is finding them. Of course if you walk for exercise might as well hunt.  Good luck and cheers!

OfflinePurpleDurp
Hobbyist
 User Gallery

Re: Official Georgia Actives 2020 (NO I.D Requests) [Re: onefortheroad]
    #26930224 - 09/11/20 03:25 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Found a few more stragglers today as I was walking the dog. I noticed the spot where I found them is shaded for the majority of the day and as we progress further into the fall season, it seems like the sun cycle gives it even more hours of shade. We also got an hour of rain here yesterday. The hill is out of the sun on the side of the road and breezy there as well. The grass gets cut back there every other month or so and it gets plenty of rain runoff. Sometimes I find them in more sunny areas but not today. Come on rain!!

InvisibleNitro87
Living the Dream
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Clouds
Trusted Identifier
Re: Official Georgia Actives 2020 (NO I.D Requests) [Re: PurpleDurp]
    #26930438 - 09/11/20 05:35 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PurpleDurp said:

Found a few more stragglers today as I was walking the dog. I noticed the spot where I found them is shaded for the majority of the day and as we progress further into the fall season, it seems like the sun cycle gives it even more hours of shade. We also got an hour of rain here yesterday. The hill is out of the sun on the side of the road and breezy there as well. The grass gets cut back there every other month or so and it gets plenty of rain runoff. Sometimes I find them in more sunny areas but not today. Come on rain!!

Nice little guys!

--------------------
Life is worth living

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds