Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Coir

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecloverbrew
Stranger
 User Gallery

Does anyone dunk after full colonization but before pins?
    #26432607 - 01/14/20 06:46 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

I've had very slow growth in all of my projects. No good flushes since I started. I'm using a shoe box tek with 100% coir. 50/50 spawn coir. I started the tek on Nov. 28th. I'm starting to see primordia and fully colonized top. Now the substrate has started to pull away from one of the tub sides. I think the sub is a little dry can I do a few hour dunk before pins start to take off? Just FYI it's pretty cool and dry where I live but I have a temp probe under one of the shoe boxes, it reads 19-21 C. Thanks.

Pic for clarification

The substrate is not normally that wet. I over misted it this morning. But put a bag with holes on it to help with evaporation.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMr_enforcer1
Finder-less
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Does anyone dunk after full colonization but before pins? [Re: cloverbrew]
    #26432625 - 01/14/20 07:13 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

I would start over if it’s been in the tub for 2 months. What strain is it? Are any of the other ones fruiting?

--------------------
HOW TO UPLOAD A PICTURE

OfflineMrBovineJoni
Glip-Glop

Re: Does anyone dunk after full colonization but before pins? [Re: Mr_enforcer1]
    #26432641 - 01/14/20 07:36 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

2 months does seem like a lot for a shoebox to not fruit. The surface looks way too wet in the first picture ( as you pointed out yourself - overmisted just before taking the picture).

Which shoebox TEK did you use? Right now I have a box fruiting following this ShaperDreaming's guide : https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26009662

I used the coir hydration guidelines with the pure coir pseudo casing (that has been slightly oversaturated by spraying the top during spawning). This really depends on what kind of shoebox (different lids/latch types etc) you are using but I did not even open mine until pins had formed (about 9-10 days after spawning) and mushrooms clearly needed more FAE (fruits were starting to get a bit gnarly and twisted with longer stipes). After that I unlatched the lid and kept it resting on the box and have lightly misted the box only 3 times in 5 days - fruits started growing properly in the next 1-2 days.

In my box the mycelium has not fully colonised the top of the casing layer (partial spots of mycelium show here and there) but I have already harvested a few big ones and the rest of them should be ready in 1 or 2 days (I got lucky and it looks like I will get close to a full canopy from the box).

Your temperatures are OK - 19-23C should be close to perfect if it doesn't drop too much below that in the night.

Offlinecloverbrew
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Does anyone dunk after full colonization but before pins? [Re: Mr_enforcer1]
    #26432753 - 01/14/20 09:25 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

B+, that is the only shoe box from that grow time, the others are from newer grows.

Offlinecloverbrew
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Does anyone dunk after full colonization but before pins? [Re: MrBovineJoni]
    #26432776 - 01/14/20 09:35 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MrBovineJoni said:
2 months does seem like a lot for a shoebox to not fruit. The surface looks way too wet in the first picture ( as you pointed out yourself - overmisted just before taking the picture).

Which shoebox TEK did you use? Right now I have a box fruiting following this ShaperDreaming's guide : https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26009662

I used the coir hydration guidelines with the pure coir pseudo casing (that has been slightly oversaturated by spraying the top during spawning). This really depends on what kind of shoebox (different lids/latch types etc) you are using but I did not even open mine until pins had formed (about 9-10 days after spawning) and mushrooms clearly needed more FAE (fruits were starting to get a bit gnarly and twisted with longer stipes). After that I unlatched the lid and kept it resting on the box and have lightly misted the box only 3 times in 5 days - fruits started growing properly in the next 1-2 days.

In my box the mycelium has not fully colonised the top of the casing layer (partial spots of mycelium show here and there) but I have already harvested a few big ones and the rest of them should be ready in 1 or 2 days (I got lucky and it looks like I will get close to a full canopy from the box).

Your temperatures are OK - 19-23C should be close to perfect if it doesn't drop too much below that in the night.

Using "SFF Shoebox Assembly TEK" sounds very similar too what you described. With 1/4" pseudo case layer. Dryish lower sub, wetish top layer  The shoebox I used has a very loose fitting lid. So fae shouldn't be a problem. The only reason I took any of the tops off was you make sure the top layer wasn't super dry. Which I ran into on the shoebox that I'm concerned with now. Maybe I need a more "sealed" box for this Tek.

I'll have you check the date, but I'm sure the other boxes have been colonizing for longer than 2+ weeks with no fruits. I'll get back to you after a bit. Thanks

OfflineA.k.a
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Does anyone dunk after full colonization but before pins? [Re: cloverbrew]
    #26432797 - 01/14/20 09:49 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Idk know how it could be possible with shoeboxes, but maybe it needs more air. It doesn’t look like there are any knots even which is crazy for the timeframe.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineCootermonkey
Seeker/lover of knowledge
Male

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: Does anyone dunk after full colonization but before pins? [Re: A.k.a]
    #26432933 - 01/14/20 11:18 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

From what ive seen n read from others that looks like matting from overmisting, if your prep is good you really shouldnt have to mist but Maybe once or twice till first flush. Try givin er some more airflow, aint gotta take the lid n fan could just make it sit a little crooked.

Thats my thoughts but im no professional, try the search function and look up "matting" and im positive youll find tons of info and pics
:goodluck:

--------------------
MyLAGM2020Growlog

Offlinecloverbrew
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Does anyone dunk after full colonization but before pins? [Re: Cootermonkey]
    #26433392 - 01/14/20 03:57 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

So here is an update picture,

These were all started on Dec. 26th. I really haven't misted them very often at all. How do the others look?

I'll look into "matting" thanks.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Coir

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation