Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
Loc: The Depths of My Psyche
Have you ever had feelings of Vertigo on Shrooms?
    #2635893 - 05/04/04 04:16 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quite awhile ago I was reading an article featuring all the physical effects of Shrooms. I?m prone to motion sickness as well as many of my other family members so I was a little concerned. I posted about it and most of the people that suffered from motion sickness said they didn?t get it on Shrooms?so I was relieved (I really want to try them).

I looked up what Vertigo was online and read that it was a spinning feeling, like you?re on a rollercoaster that won?t stop. Up until last night I still wasn?t exactly sure what Vertigo was like.

But last night I was really stoned and while laying still in my bed I soon recognized the sensation. It was a horrible feeling but luckily it didn?t last very long. I was laying down motionless the whole time, if I would have gotten up and tried moving around do you guys think I could have gotten rid of the feeling?

Now, of course, I?m concerned about it again. Has anyone here ever had Vertigo on Shrooms? If so, how did you deal with it? How long did it last? I imagine the sensation would be much more intense while on Shrooms. I certainly don?t want to feel that for 6 to 8 hours!!

Thanks,
ShroomNoob03

--------------------
In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.

-Carl Sagan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMESCALATO
hunting.
 User Gallery

Loc: Central Alabama
Re: Have you ever had feelings of Vertigo on Shrooms? [Re: ShroomNoob03]
    #2635929 - 05/04/04 04:48 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

my girl friend (Waterbug she is a shroomery member) has vertigo....but it has never bothered her after eating mushrooms. send her a PM mabey she can help

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #2636444 - 05/04/04 10:21 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Gravity can feel very wierd on psychadelics. I dont know if i could call it vertigo tho.

One time i was in a wave pool all day, jumping up and down with the waves..... I felt the motion of jumping up and down the rest of the day, really wierd.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#2637766 - 05/04/04 05:05 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Mushrooms mess with your equilibrium. They can be very intoxicating. But I've never experienced intense vertigo on mushrooms. A quarter made it pretty hard to stand up for a while though..

OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
Re: Have you ever had feelings of Vertigo on Shrooms? [Re: Viveka]
    #2642197 - 05/05/04 03:44 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

In what way would you say it messes with you equilibrium? I hate riding rollercoasters because of this feeling I get when the cart drops, would you say it might feel like that?

I felt the same thing when I was on a boat in a storm where the waves were huge and the boat kept rising and falling. I experienced that once and it was hell.

ShroomNoob03

--------------------
In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.

-Carl Sagan

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#2642460 - 05/05/04 04:58 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

No, not intense as a roller coaster drop. But I wouldn't really call that vertigo anyway. More like the dizziness you have when you get off the rollercoaster if anything.

Most people enjoy the feeling when the rollercoaster drops. Maybe you've got a hypersensitivity to that feeling, but it is caused by a sudden drop in elevation. I don't think mushroms are going to feel the same as a sudden drop in elevation for you.

I wouldn't worry too much about it dude. I think the sheer quantity of sensations both physical and mental that shrooms produce will make you forget all about your apprehension of a little dizziness. In a good way!

OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
Re: Have you ever had feelings of Vertigo on Shrooms? [Re: Viveka]
    #2643119 - 05/05/04 08:25 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Just to let you know, the feeling I get with a drop of elevation is much more intense than a "little dizziness". The feeling I get from that is not Vertigo either. My whole family seems to have it, something with the equilibrium. But the feeling only seems to be caused by a drop in elevation like on a boat or rollercoaster.

Thanks for the replies,
ShroomNoob03

--------------------

-Carl Sagan

Offlineimarideronthestorm
AcidRocker

Loc: canada eh
    #2644029 - 05/06/04 12:47 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i get the feeling from fishing ii gues the case of beer and fat sack of weed contribute a little bit... the hard parts getting the boat back on the trailer

--------------------
"Superman or Green Lanturn ain't got nothing on me"-(i bet you know)

InvisibleTRS
The SneakyMastermind
Re: Have you ever had feelings of Vertigo on Shrooms? [Re: imarideronthestorm]
    #2644074 - 05/06/04 01:20 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i get it pretty bad when im really stoned, which is always the cause of me throwing up. ive never had it on mushrooms yet but im still not too experienced, with less than 10 trips under my belt.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Have you ever had feelings of Vertigo on Shrooms? [Re: TRS]
    #2652695 - 05/08/04 05:09 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I used to get it sometimes a little bit, but not any more. Incidently I got diagnosed with a medical condition afterwards that brought out the same kind of dizziness all the time.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Have you ever had feelings of Vertigo on Shrooms? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2653941 - 05/08/04 03:31 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i used to get the rollercoaster feeling when i smoked really potent pot and i loved it and i dont even like rollercoasters that much! didnt get that on shrooms though...

Offlineamorpheus
the world isspinning in myhand...

Re: Have you ever had feelings of Vertigo on Shrooms? [Re: ]
    #2655488 - 05/09/04 12:07 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

well everything pulses and waves around you, i feel like made of fluids and energy...but that is not the prob...it isn't like the crash in blood pressure i have on haxixe sometimes, the problem is the fuckin taste of the shrooms not when but after i ate them...it really makes me so damn nauseas when i burp ;i just wanna puke!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom