Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineResolute
drugprofessional
Male User Gallery

Loc: Auckland, New Zealand
Watery Subs
    #2643051 - 05/05/04 08:05 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Hi, I think this post belongs in this section of the forums.

Last week during the heavy rain in Auckland I noticed that alot of the Subs in my usual spot had much thinner stems and caps, they were much more moist and fell apart pretty easy hence I called them watery subs.

Me and a friend had about 25 between us but we barely tripped, just a few laughs etc. We both noticed that the trip was alot different to our usual wacked out, philosophical, profound and meaningful trips which we quite easily get on 7-10 normal subs.

Anyway, I went to my spot again today and found the mushrooms were back to being normal subs, including a 4cm diameter monster, I wish I had a cable for my digicam. The main difference I noticed was how much the stem and cap brusied (and how quickly) compared to the watery subs. The mushroom I have with me now which was unfortunately half eaten by damn bugs (who are probably in another dimension right now, lucky buggers) bruised really fast, around a minute, it is a much deeper blue then the watery subs.

What i'm trying to get at here is does the rain have an effect on the way the mushrooms grow and does it effect there potency?

Has anyone else found these watery subs yet and have they had a different/less potent trip on them?

--------------------
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
Re: Watery Subs [Re: Resolute]
    #2644038 - 05/06/04 12:51 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Post some pics if you have any left!

if in doubt throw em out :P :tongue:

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Offlinesuboriginal
enthusiast

#2673466 - 05/13/04 12:20 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'd expect that shrooms swell up a bit, and certainly become heavier, if they are well hydrated... that means the same shroom will be less potent by weight and size, if it's had a lot of rain... I guess this also means that a somewhat dried up shroom (like a lot of the subs I'm finding in Melbs) might be more potent 'than it looks', cause maybe it used to be quite a bit bigger before it dried up... hmmmm

--------------------
Peace, love and organic brown rice...

Invisibleadoseofparn0z
Eye Opener
 User Gallery

#2673498 - 05/13/04 12:27 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yes but I think he is more asking why it is that even though he/she picked them from the same area, they were so drastically different in potency and size compared to the last few times he/she has picked them.

Even if the mushrooms were of different size due to less moisture, I think they would still have the same psilocybin/psilocin content.

Obviously, if the mushrooms are extremely swollen up from absorbing so much water the ratio of Psiloc. to weight would be very different, but meh.

Do you normally pick during the middle of heavy rain? Perhaps you just didn't give them enough time to grow to full size. I don't know anything about hunting from actual experience, it is solely based on what I have read and "heard" so I'm not a credible source... Still though, it is a possibility.

Happy Hunting.

--------------------
For a reliable vendor with high quality merchandise at a great price, try BBB

Offlinesuboriginal
enthusiast

Re: Watery Subs [Re: adoseofparn0z]
    #2677008 - 05/14/04 07:23 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I have wondered (though no evidence for it whatsoever) whether the first generation of fruiting bodies from a 'root-stock' (mycelium clump) might be stronger than subsequent ones, cause from an evolutionary/ survival perspective it would make sense to make sure that at least the first few cabs you sent off the rank were loaded up with plenty of resources (read chemical reserves), if you happened to actually be a mycelium clump, just in case all the water ran out... that might mean that subsequent generations (in the exact same spot, from the exact same rootstock or a new one) might differ in potency from ones you'd found there before... this would be less of or not a consideration re cultured shrooms, where there's usually an abundance of nutrients supplied ? Just a zany little idea really, any thoughts appreciated...

--------------------
Peace, love and organic brown rice...

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Watery Subs [Re: suboriginal]
    #2681445 - 05/15/04 06:30 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

the first flush of subaeruginosa is more potent due to the load of tryptophan precursors in the substrates - however rain would not degrade the potency of subs unless they were sufficiently oxidised of psilocin - which i doubt.

--------------------

OfflineFeelers
Anti-Myth-Rhythm-Rock-Shocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz
Re: Watery Subs [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #5788798 - 06/25/06 07:50 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Hey Resolute, I found what I believe to be an unusual phenotype of Ps. subaeruginosa, that could be described as "watery".
Look at the first pic in this thread -
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post5679508

These also fell appart easily - the caps were barely attached to the stem at all. Anything like what you found?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder