Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineeieio
Stranger
 User Gallery
"FBI admits illegal wiretapping of President Trump, issues apology"
    #26430478 - 01/12/20 11:10 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

My understanding is that Obama already got into trouble by having the IRS target and abuse conservative activist groups, presumably, in order to weaken anyone who wasn't Left wing and Democrat.

Is it that much of a stretch to think he did the same with the FBI to dig up dirt on someone opposing his next-in-line, Hillary Clinton? With the fact that Clinton recieved questions from CNN to win the primary, etc, this looks very bad for the Democrats and basically like they've put the end results (at best, helping the little guy and weakest among us) above everything else and will cheat and degrade the office they hold in order to maintain power.

Siccing the IRS, FBI and various 'impartial' government departments under your control on political opponents is a very dangerous line to have crossed.

It basically makes elections, with the handing over of power after elections, very tenuous and wrought with stress and hostility. Elections in many countries are very dangerous times and now, even here, they might lead to bloodshed have already led to bloodshed during this last election, and are now a much more stressful and less accepted part of our society.

It's also noteworthy that much of the violence and protests concerning BLM came to a very abrupt end once Trump took office. Not saying Obama was funding it (as maybe they just feared Trump as 'Literally Hitler'), and I haven't seen any report on this, but it was startling and very obvious, to me, at the time that it just turned off like a spigot.

Did anyone else notice that? Anyways...

I won't mention the corruption of having people on the Trump case that were clearly partisan and scumbags with no morals to boot.

I just wanted to see what people's reaction was to this thing about the FBI apologizing for illegally tapping Trump, as I had not heard that the FBI had admitted to doing anything wrong or illegal.

Thanks for reading, look forward to hearing your thoughts on this. :rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: "FBI admits illegal wiretapping of President Trump, issues apology" [Re: eieio]
    #26430495 - 01/12/20 11:36 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

"One America News Network"?  Why isn't this front page news on all the mainstream media channels?

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineJohnRainy
Stranger

Re: "FBI admits illegal wiretapping of President Trump, issues apology" [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26430531 - 01/13/20 12:31 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I guess the FBI picked on the wrong guy this time. 

The US government has illegally surveilled a lot of people.  Trump happened to be in a position to do something about it, so he did, for himself, not even mentioning all the others who have been violated in one way or the other by illegal police and government actions of this sort.

I don't think he even cares as long as it's not him. 

A real man of the people would have cleaned up Washington.

To be clear, the apology was issued to the court, whom the FBI mislead to get a warrant for a Trump associate.

OfflineJohnRainy
Stranger

Re: "FBI admits illegal wiretapping of President Trump, issues apology" [Re: JohnRainy]
    #26430544 - 01/13/20 12:50 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

That's Trump's favourite channel!  I heard him say something about it once.

Now some people want to make it into another FOXNEWS maybe!  That would be next level propaganda alright.  Republican and Trump centred feel good stories 24/7. 

Trump Allies Explore Buyout of Conservative Channel Seeking to Compete With Fox News Hicks Equity Partners, a firm tied to Republican National Committee co-chair Thomas Hicks Jr., is pitching GOP donors on buyout of One America News Network

mediaibiasfactcheck has some very interesting information on them.  Owned by a Republican donor, they once said Adam Schiff was being investigated by Burisma!

Quote:

Overall, we rate One America News Far right biased based on story selection that consistently favors the Right and Mixed for factual reporting due to promotion of conspiracies, lack of sourcing and a few failed fact checks.
Detailed Report

Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180

History

Founded in 2013, One America News Network (OANN), also referred to as One America News (OAN), is an American right-wing pay television news channel and website. According to the Washington Post since the election of Donald Trump OAN has become pro-Trump in coverage and a favorite news source for the President. The founder of OAN is Charles Herring who has said “Fox News has done a great job serving the center-right and independent audiences…But those who consider themselves liberal have a half dozen or more choices on TV each day from which to get their news.” OAN has been criticized for biased content that favors Donald Trump.

On 10/10/2019, President Trump thanked OANN For Providing ‘Fair Coverage And Brilliant Reporting’.

Read our profile on USA government influence on media.

Funded by / Ownership

According to their about page “One America News Network is owned by Herring Networks, Inc. Herring Networks, Inc. is a family owned and operated, independent media company focused on providing high quality national television programming to consumers via its national cable networks.” Herring Networks is owned by Robert Herring Sr. who is a Republican donor. One America News is funded through advertising and television subscription fees.

Analysis / Bias

In review, OAN is a far right biased news channel and website that uses moderately loaded words in headlines and articles such as this: Sen. Schumer Refuses To Back Down On Border Wall Funding. This article does not offer sourcing at all. In another article Senate Floats Restrictions On Detentions Of Illegal Aliens In Government Spending Bill, there is again a lack of sourced information.

One America News writes articles that are very short and easy to read. Their aim is to keep stories under 1 minute long. Story selection almost always favors the right and in particular President Donald Trump. An article in AdWeek describes how the owner of Herring Networks directs his newsroom to favor Trump: “According to internal emails, Herring has directed his channel to push Trump’s candidacy, scuttle stories about police shootings, encourage antiabortion stories, minimize coverage of Russian aggression, and steer away from the new president’s troubles, according to more than a dozen current and former producers, writers and anchors, as well as internal emails from Herring and his top news executives.”

OAN has also promoted right wing conspiracies such as the Seth Rich Murder and that there was no evidence of chemical attacks in Syria.

A factual search reveals a few failed fact checks by IFCN fact checkers.

Would a Proposed Law ‘Ban the Bible’ in California? – FALSE
Is an Increase in Recorded Crime in England and Wales Linked to ‘Radical Islamic Terror’? – MOSTLY FALSE
Says Adam Schiff is “under investigation for Ukrainian Burisma oil connections.” – PANTS ON FIRE (12/10/2019)
Overall, we rate One America News Far right biased based on story selection that consistently favors the Right and Mixed for factual reporting due to promotion of conspiracies, lack of sourcing and a few failed fact checks. (10/12/2016) (D. Van Zandt 12/10/2019)

Source: https://www.oann.com

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "FBI admits illegal wiretapping of President Trump, issues apology" [Re: JohnRainy] * 2
    #26431226 - 01/13/20 12:30 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

JohnRainy said:
Now some people want to make it into another FOXNEWS maybe!  That would be next level propaganda alright.  Republican and Trump centred feel good stories 24/7.

Interestingly, since Trump got elected CNN, MSNBC, New York Times, Washington Post, etc have all been pushing a surprising amount of fake news, such as Russia-Gate.

Quote:

JohnRainy said:
Owned by a Republican donor, they once said Adam Schiff was being investigated by Burisma!

Schiff made good money from investing in Burisma.  What did Schiff know about Burisma that the rest of us didn't?

Quote:

JohnRainy said:
OAN has also promoted right wing conspiracies such as the Seth Rich Murder and that there was no evidence of chemical attacks in Syria.

Those aren't conspiracies.

You may have missed the prior discussions, but there appears to be more evidence of Seth Rich's involvement with WikiLeaks than there is he wasn't involved.
And you also may have missed the OPCW scandal story stating that there was in fact no evidence of the Douma chemical attacks.

In this case, even the New York Times admits the One America News Network was correct about this.  Yet few others are reporting the story.  Why???  :shrug:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: "FBI admits illegal wiretapping of President Trump, issues apology" [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26431240 - 01/13/20 12:34 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

That report is a complete lie. One America news 😆

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: "FBI admits illegal wiretapping of President Trump, issues apology" [Re: koods]
    #26431261 - 01/13/20 12:44 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:

For real this is just sad the levels of gullibility people have sunk to.

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: "FBI admits illegal wiretapping of President Trump, issues apology" [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #26431273 - 01/13/20 12:47 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Should MSM/Fake News really be scrutinizing other media outlets? :lol:

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: "FBI admits illegal wiretapping of President Trump, issues apology" [Re: qman]
    #26431283 - 01/13/20 12:51 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

What

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "FBI admits illegal wiretapping of President Trump, issues apology" [Re: koods] * 1
    #26431284 - 01/13/20 12:51 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:

Did you miss my link to the New York Times confirming it?  Or what was the lie you are referring to?

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: "FBI admits illegal wiretapping of President Trump, issues apology" [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26431287 - 01/13/20 12:53 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

JohnRainy said:

Interestingly, since Trump got elected CNN, MSNBC, New York Times, Washington Post, etc have all been pushing a surprising amount of fake news, such as Russia-Gate.

Quote:

JohnRainy said:
Owned by a Republican donor, they once said Adam Schiff was being investigated by Burisma!

Schiff made good money from investing in Burisma.  What did Schiff know about Burisma that the rest of us didn't?

Quote:

JohnRainy said:

Those aren’t conspiracies

They are debunked conspiracy theories believed and pushed by propagandists like yourself

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

#26431289 - 01/13/20 12:53 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

koods said:

Did you miss my link to the New York Times confirming it?  Or what was the lie you are referring to?

No even trump says N.Y. Times is FAKE NEWS and the FAILING N.Y. Times.

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: "FBI admits illegal wiretapping of President Trump, issues apology" [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26431291 - 01/13/20 12:54 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

koods said:

There is no information whatsoever the president was ever wiretapped. That is a lie.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinefeldman114
Stragler

Loc: Bravos
Re: "FBI admits illegal wiretapping of President Trump, issues apology" [Re: koods]
    #26431303 - 01/13/20 01:06 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

The NYT article mentions an advisor only, not trump himself.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: "FBI admits illegal wiretapping of President Trump, issues apology" [Re: feldman114]
    #26431318 - 01/13/20 01:12 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

This is about carter page. Not trump. Page wasn’t even on the campaign anymore when they started wiretapping him. The IG report also said the original fisa warrant ordering the wiretapping was legal and appropriate. It was the reauthorization where they had problems.

Right wing media is fucking awful and dangerous to democracy.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26431324 - 01/13/20 01:14 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
They are debunked conspiracy theories believed and pushed by propagandists like yourself

Did you know that make believing something is debunked doesn't debunk it?  :cookiemonster:

If you have evidence showing how any my links have been debunked, I'm all ears.  But again, make believing something is debunked doesn't debunk it.

Quote:

koods said:
There is no information whatsoever the president was ever wiretapped. That is a lie.

No where in their video did they say that.  :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26431349 - 01/13/20 01:23 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

koods said:

No where in their video did they say that.  :shrug:

More falcon gaslighting. Fucking shameful.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinefeldman114
Stragler

Loc: Bravos
    #26431363 - 01/13/20 01:30 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

How come they’re not outraged that this was leaked? FOX hates leaks, effective 2016.

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: "FBI admits illegal wiretapping of President Trump, issues apology" [Re: eieio]
    #26431371 - 01/13/20 01:34 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I'd like to see at least one source to back this claim up. I can't find a single one.

--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: "FBI admits illegal wiretapping of President Trump, issues apology" [Re: christopera]
    #26431383 - 01/13/20 01:40 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

This really seems like a bid to get trump to promote their network more than anything

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order