Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAliasInWonderland
Noob

Ream yer holes * 1
    #26426966 - 01/10/20 07:37 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Use a swivel head deburring tool to prevent slicing yourself open on your SAB or jar lids. You could use a file but a deburring tool is cheap and always faster.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesanta mose
Stranger

Re: Ream yer holes [Re: AliasInWonderland]
    #26427200 - 01/10/20 09:57 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

I need to get my grow going soon, it would be fantastic to get those jars drilled nice. I wouldn't mind moseying into your neighborhood and showing the world a merry Christmas special of my favorite treat

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Ream yer holes [Re: AliasInWonderland] * 2
    #26427257 - 01/10/20 10:39 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

This guy certainly didn't ream his holes: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26426770

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Ream yer holes [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #26427317 - 01/10/20 11:52 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Those deburring tools are dangerous as fuck, but they certainly work great in many instances.

I prefer a half round file for a SAB. That said, if you get whatever your using to melt the hole hot enough, it leaves a nice edge that’s easily cleaned with sand paper. No deburring required.

--------------------
A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

I’m sorry it had to be me.

OfflineAliasInWonderland
Noob

Re: Ream yer holes [Re: santa mose]
    #26427714 - 01/11/20 10:49 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

I used a drill press for the holes in my lids but I think it could be done well with a drill and a block of wood. I found it worked best with a slight even pressure and medium speed. My burrs were minimal and the deburr tool made them perfectly smooth. If you poke holes with a screwdriver, then a deburr tool won't help much: you'd need a file.

I'll be burning the holes through my SAB via Bodi's TEK and I'd assume the edges will be quite clean. However, I've been using these tools for years and will still dress the edges with one. A bit of practice and these work like a champ.

OfflineAliasInWonderland
Noob

Re: Ream yer holes [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #26427717 - 01/11/20 10:51 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Quote:

This guy certainly didn't ream his holes: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26426770

Hammer TEK?

InvisibleballsalsaM
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: Ream yer holes [Re: christopera]
    #26427760 - 01/11/20 11:22 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Quote:

christopera said:
Those deburring tools are dangerous as fuck, but they certainly work great in many instances.

I prefer a half round file for a SAB. That said, if you get whatever your using to melt the hole hot enough, it leaves a nice edge that’s easily cleaned with sand paper. No deburring required.

They aren't dangerous at all IME.  I've been using them for the last 18 years to ream copper pipe etc.  I'm  not sure how one could hurt oneself without trying, lol.

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Ream yer holes [Re: AliasInWonderland]
    #26427822 - 01/11/20 12:13 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

If i were to guess, I believe it was the Get Drunk and Hammer Tek.

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Ream yer holes [Re: ballsalsa]
    #26427914 - 01/11/20 01:17 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ballsalsa said:
Quote:

christopera said:

They aren't dangerous at all IME.  I've been using them for the last 18 years to ream copper pipe etc.  I'm  not sure how one could hurt oneself without trying, lol.

They are excluded (by choice) from a lot of machine shops. They have a tendency to slip and cut your opposing hand. Copper pipe is butter though, try using one on harder material where greater force is required.

Source: I massively cut myself with one in my own machine shop (I always laughed at people who said they were dangerous), I’ve worked in machine shops where they were banned, and my day job is in industrial safety and have personally seen several worker’s compensation claims from these. Actual reamers and machine based deburring are preferred these days. In fact, the expectation is that parts come off the machine with zero deburring required.

--------------------
A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Community >> The Pub