Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethe_ponz95
Stranger
First Grow - Salvage fruits from contaminated tub?
    #26426444 - 01/10/20 02:42 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

This is my first Grow and I've got two tubs going. One is doing well but the other has had a sort of musty smell and a blue spot appeared while colonizing. I hoped it was just bruising but now the substrate is beginning to yellow and some green spots have appeared.

Since this tub has already begun fruiting, would I be safe to pull this first flush and then toss, or is there already too much risk of contaminated fruits?

Thanks for all the help and info y'all.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
Re: First Grow - Salvage fruits from contaminated tub? [Re: the_ponz95]
    #26427425 - 01/11/20 01:59 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Looks like bruising to me. Stress related. Surface conditions look a bit sapped. I’m guessing you have more side pins than surface. Fruits will be fine, even if you don’t get many.

Dial in your technique next tub. Make sure your field capacity is spot-on. Adding a top-layer of substrate when you spawn can really help with surface conditions and pinset direction (upwards!)

This TEK has some good info/pictures/animations describing proper field capacity and top-layering.

Offlinethe_ponz95
Stranger
Re: First Grow - Salvage fruits from contaminated tub? [Re: vc77]
    #26427430 - 01/11/20 02:16 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the info! Yes I think a big issue with this was using too big a tub for the amount of material I put in, so it's quite a thin layer. Plus I'm in a very dry climate so this tub has been drying out fast. I'll definitely use a top layer for future batches :thumbup:

Quote:

vc77 said:
Looks like bruising to me. Stress related. Surface conditions look a bit sapped. I’m guessing you have more side pins than surface. Fruits will be fine, even if you don’t get many.

Dial in your technique next tub. Make sure your field capacity is spot-on. Adding a top-layer of substrate when you spawn can really help with surface conditions and pinset direction (upwards!)

This TEK has some good info/pictures/animations describing proper field capacity and top-layering.

OfflineTheStallionMang
Do U know who yur fuckin with?
Male

Loc: IL Flag
Re: First Grow - Salvage fruits from contaminated tub? [Re: the_ponz95]
    #26428857 - 01/11/20 11:50 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

I agree with vc77.  Looks like bruising, a little dry, and the TEK he linked is the best I know of.  You might want to reduce your FAE a little and be careful not to keep it too wet from misting.

Even if it was mold, a little mold in the tub won't contaminate all your fruits and is no reason to throw them out

It's looking good to me, especially for your first grow.  Relax and you'll be enjoying the fruits of your labor in no time
:yougoodjob:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation