Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineIntoTheMaelstrom
 User Gallery

Favourite P. Cubensis? * 1
    #26423324 - 01/08/20 05:20 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

What is your favourite cubensis subspecies/strain and why?
Favourite cube?
You may choose many
Why?
You may choose many

Votes accepted from (01/08/20 08:19 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
“I drank to drown my sorrows, but the damned things learnt how to swim” (Frida Khalo, 1907-1954)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShr00mEater
Strange
Male
Re: Favourite P. Cubensis? [Re: IntoTheMaelstrom] * 2
    #26423528 - 01/08/20 07:45 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Great poll, I was able to select all of the available choices.

I thought that was nice.

OfflineSonicTitan
 User Gallery

Re: Favourite P. Cubensis? [Re: Shr00mEater]
    #26423531 - 01/08/20 07:47 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

BC blue caps tho they are not listed there

--------------------
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

Offlinegrati
Explorer
Male

Re: Favourite P. Cubensis? [Re: SonicTitan] * 1
    #26423593 - 01/08/20 08:36 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

African Transkei

--------------------
The eyes are useless when the mind is blind

:trippinballs: Candyflipping :omgawesome:

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Favourite P. Cubensis? [Re: IntoTheMaelstrom]
    #26423771 - 01/08/20 11:25 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

My current favorite is African Transkei. I really enjoy this strain due to its unique "spiritual" experiences Ive had with it. Also, the fruits look like ancient trees and have decent potency by weight, even with MS growing. Really cool strain.

Another favorite is Mazatepeca, for similar reasons.

OfflineCarbonAncestor
Male

Re: Favourite P. Cubensis? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #26423830 - 01/09/20 01:19 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
My current favorite is African Transkei. I really enjoy this strain due to its unique "spiritual" experiences Ive had with it.

Very interesting! Can you elaborate?

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Favourite P. Cubensis? [Re: CarbonAncestor]
    #26423839 - 01/09/20 01:28 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Well, African Transkei produces a trip for me that feels "special" in a spiritual sort of way. Its gentle but powerful, introspective and spiritual, it feels natural and non-intrusive. During the trip, this feeling of it being an ancient teacher. Its a strain that "syncs" with my mind in a profound way, more than any other strain Ive tried. Two other species have produced similar experiences for me, Pan cyans and Ps stunztii.

If i was a shaman conducting sessions, African Transkei would be my shroom of choice. Theres something special about it, something a little more "magical" about it in my experience. Its a strain I trust and enjoy a lot, and would easily give to any newcomers to psychedelics.

Interestingly enough, a weed strain called Durban Poison has a similar effect on me and is also a species native to South Africa.

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: Favourite P. Cubensis? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #26423842 - 01/09/20 01:31 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
My current favorite is African Transkei. I really enjoy this strain due to its unique "spiritual" experiences Ive had with it. Also, the fruits look like ancient trees and have decent potency by weight, even with MS growing. Really cool strain.

Another favorite is Mazatepeca, for similar reasons.

Yeah I was gonna vote for Transkei it isn't on the list so I hit other. Panama makes a mean/Excellent Tea. Transkei's are certainly #1 though! Mazatapecs are a lot lighter than Transkei's and don't have the same amazing body vibe. Vietnam and Quezon are two other extremely good ones :mushroom2:

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Favourite P. Cubensis? [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #26423845 - 01/09/20 01:33 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Damn! Thats three votes in this thread! Amazing!

I agree on the "lighter" aspect of Mazatepeca. Both in potency and in effect.

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#26423850 - 01/09/20 01:40 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I actually have a journal that breaks down Transkei's, Mazatapecs, and a ton of other strains trips for anyone that is interested. Back in the day I sent out tons of prints for Transkei, Cubans, and Panama, hoping the community would keep the good vibes going :awesomenod:
Vietnam is quite intense and for some reason the color green is really vibrant on em, Quezon were amazing too, but think I wasn't able to get as many prints of those guys out. Did trip reports on em in my journal though :tongue:

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26423854 - 01/09/20 01:48 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I think i remember reading that journal entry u made. U detailed a ton of strains!

Its curious that the Vietnam's make green so vibrant as Vietnam has a ton of green jungle vegitation. Green is also my favorite color. :grin: Looks like Im growing Vietnam's in my future. :yesnod:

*edit: Just read your journal. Looks like Im getting Cubans too, which sometimes is your #1! :omgz:

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#26423866 - 01/09/20 02:11 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah a top strain list would be: Transkei #1 (they're just that good and consistent).

After that... Cuban (they're real good), Panama (makes amazing shroom tea), Vietnam, Quezon, and Mazatapec round out the other top tier stuff. Panama Tea is much better than eating them for what it's worth. They get close to a Transkei Trip in tea form and are an extremely high yielding strain.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26423949 - 01/09/20 03:58 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Interesting.

I havent made any teas yet (shocking i know), but from what Ive heard, they taste pretty bad.

OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

Loc: GPS signal lost.. Flag
    #26423991 - 01/09/20 05:56 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I love me some of my homegrown B+. Actually, I mixed one of my jars with B+ and Mazatapec and not ever sure what I'm eating at times.. but I do know it takes me places :lol:

--------------------
:greyalien:

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Favourite P. Cubensis? [Re: psilocybinjunkie] * 1
    #26424382 - 01/09/20 10:54 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

psilocybinjunkie said:
I actually have a journal that breaks down Transkei's, Mazatapecs, and a ton of other strains trips for anyone that is interested. Back in the day I sent out tons of prints for Transkei, Cubans, and Panama, hoping the community would keep the good vibes going :awesomenod:
Vietnam is quite intense and for some reason the color green is really vibrant on em, Quezon were amazing too, but think I wasn't able to get as many prints of those guys out. Did trip reports on em in my journal though :tongue:

I’ll check out your journal after I’ve had tea (stomach first!). I’m really after the type of trip you all describe with Transkeis, and Mazatapec. I’ve just grown Golden Teachers, but when ordering the syringe I nearly went for the Mazatapec....damn!

But I’m getting great benefits from my current B+ batch, and have had good success previously from GT. I hated Ecuador; I could sleep on them, and everything was black or red!

I’m intrigued with the Transkeis though I don’t recall seeing spore syringes online. Guess I should go and visit our sponsors pages.....

Mush love,
DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#26424635 - 01/09/20 01:00 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Interesting.

I havent made any teas yet (shocking i know), but from what Ive heard, they taste pretty bad.

It doesn't taste worse than eating them raw :tongue2:

OfflineSFS96
AstroMan
 User Gallery

Loc: Valleys Of Neptune
    #26424670 - 01/09/20 01:14 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Corumba has been my favorite so far.

--------------------
How I make and preserve tea

Consuming consumes a man That was never a purpose of life To only crave for material joys Is believing the lie - Mellow Mood

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Favourite P. Cubensis? [Re: SFS96]
    #26424692 - 01/09/20 01:28 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I've never noticed a difference between cubensis strains besides potency, they all look pretty cool to me. Maybe I havent tried enough different strains but when I take mushrooms I'm looking to connect and commune with the mushroom intelligence spirit, I'm not paying attention to the other subtle bodily effects it could have

--------------------
"In The Material World One seeks retirement and grows Old
In The Magical World One seeks Enlightenment and grows Wiser
In The Miraculous World One seeks nothing and grows Lighter
As we all tread the Homeward Path we will explore many Realms
And one day... we will all Realize that all experiences are Simply
Different ways in which The
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

Edited by Eclipse3130 (01/09/20 01:39 PM)

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: Favourite P. Cubensis? [Re: SFS96]
    #26424712 - 01/09/20 01:40 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SFS96 said:
Corumba has been my favorite so far.

Nice! I got those from a nice guy in Brazil along with a few other strains like Xapuri and did trades and giveaways with em long ago. Gotta say it is really awesome to see so many of these strains are still circulating :mushroom2:

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Favourite P. Cubensis? [Re: Eclipse3130] * 1
    #26424785 - 01/09/20 02:10 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Eclipse3130 said:
I've never noticed a difference between cubensis strains besides potency, they all look pretty cool to me. Maybe I havent tried enough different strains....

Same here.

I haven't actually grown any cubensis or any mushrooms myself even after being around this place for over a decade now....I only hunt for and harvest outdoor wood-lovers in my area like allenii & cyans....but over the years of eating different cubensis from different sources and working with the allenii & cyans that I harvest from outdoor patches, I can't say I notice any pronounced differences or distinct characteristics between strains or between species other than things like potency (and how quick the trip sets in, and how visual it is....which I also feel are both just the result of overall potency & the ratio of psilocin & psilocybin).

I mean I'm open to there being differences...Someday I'd love to grow a big variety of different strains of cubensis and work with them like once a week or two for a few months and see if I notice any distinct characteristics. But in all my travels over the years there hasn't been any mushrooms that stands out as feeling a bit different or having different "vibes".

And I do consider myself to be a pretty sensitive person and observant and pick up on subtle things that most don't...I certainly do find there to be a lot of nuances and differences between cannabis strains, just can't say I've noticed it with mushrooms.

I don't want to de-rail the thread...but interesting to hear that in your experience you have not noticed any difference between strains of cubensis, since you're one that feels there are differences between crystals/batches of LSD and feel a trip can be changed just depending on the hands that the LSD was passed through. I expected you to feel the same way about mushrooms lol.

-OM

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract