Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineyesNick
kitchy

Loc: Communist China
bulk method for the newbs
    #2641072 - 05/05/04 10:22 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Afoaf recently used this method and was very successful. He has harvested four dry ounces already, and the third flush is just starting.  :crazy2: I want to share his method with all newbs because it is easy and takes minimal sterilization, and although it is more expensive than some other ways, the yields more than make up for it.

You will need a few mycobags and some high mountain compost. The beauty of this is that everything is sterilized/pastuerized and there is little chance of any contams from that factor. As long as you use lysol, keep your grow room clean, and practice sterility at all points (esp. the casing layer) you should be all set. Just innoculate the bags, wait for them to colonize, spawn them to the compost (which is a really great compost imo) and apply a casing layer. Very simple. And I realize that the same thing can be done with straw for a fraction of the cost, but this is for people with no access to straw or just no desire to go through the pastuerization process.

Happy growing!  :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineexan
Experimenter

Loc: Finland
Re: bulk method for the newbs [Re: yesNick]
    #2641205 - 05/05/04 10:56 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Not to flame you, but HMC is a waste of money, so are mycobags, btw out of a regular casing, you can pull 3 oz dry and its not that hard, all you have to do is read

InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Post deleted by Anno [Re: exan]
    #2641242 - 05/05/04 11:07 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek ** Update 10.17.17 **
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

OfflineNickster_154371
entheogen enthusiast
Male
Re: bulk method for the newbs [Re: Citric]
    #2642040 - 05/05/04 02:46 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

High mountain compost already comes pasteurized??

Offlineexan
Experimenter

Loc: Finland
Re: bulk method for the newbs [Re: Nickster_154371]
    #2644537 - 05/06/04 07:27 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

yah but that shit is expensive

Offlineshutup101
Shroom Prophet

Re: bulk method for the newbs [Re: yesNick]
    #2644943 - 05/06/04 10:32 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry biut mycobags are not a waste my dog has used them for a while and he can fully colonize a 3-4 pound substrate within 3-4 weeks. he only lost about 2% of all the bags that he has made. As for the compost i agree its a waste.

InvisibleButterNut
Squash

Loc: Throughout the world
Re: bulk method for the newbs [Re: exan]
    #2644974 - 05/06/04 10:46 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

exan said:
Not to flame you, but HMC is a waste of money, so are mycobags, btw out of a regular casing, you can pull 3 oz dry and its not that hard, all you have to do is read

No they may not be your preferance but for others,spending a little extra money on some ready to use ,high quality compost is very much worth it.Its a pain in the ass to pasturize straw and dung,with HMC all that is done for you.It also produces some very large mushrooms as it is high in nutrients.
Same thing with mycobags,just because you dont like them doesnt mean they are a waste of money.They are very good for spawn,and for beginers,and they also are just about risk free.
So just because you wouldnt buy it doesnt mean they are not good products.To me it is worth buying the compost,besides the hassle,i dont like having a kettle full of shit sitting on the stove in my kitchen for 2 hours,my kitchen is meant for cooking,its not a barn.I dont like nasty stuff where i prepare my food.

--------------------
Butternut squash are softer than acorn or other types of squash, which makes them easier to cut and prepare.

Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

Loc: HellTrack
Re: bulk method for the newbs [Re: exan]
    #2644997 - 05/06/04 10:53 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

if youve never used the compost you shouldnt knock it.I used it twice and was happy.Plus there a sponsor same as mycobag and you shouldnt be telling people not to buy there stuff.

OfflineFirstAvailable
enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: bulk method for the newbs [Re: snatchcakes]
    #2944286 - 07/30/04 11:00 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I disagree. If he feels that a product is bad and not worth the money, he should say so. Regardless of wether or not they are a sponsor. Lets say a hypothetical merchant, lets call him XYZ.com, happened to be a shroomery sponsor. If someone purchased something from XYZ.com and was not satisfied, are you saying they shouldn't post and warn others about this just because the merchant is a shroomery sponsor?

BTW, as a side note, Iv 'e never used mycobags, but I plan on getting a couple very soon. They look like the perfect thing for me. And if you think about it, its not that expensive if you consider that you're saving money by not having to buy jars and a PC, plus you don't have to spend time sterilizing and waiting for stuff to cool, etc...

InvisibleMykey
spectraltraveler

Re: bulk method for the newbs [Re: FirstAvailable]
    #2944897 - 07/30/04 01:16 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I see where you are coming from on this one,but lets look at the situation like this. (just humor me here,if you would)

The comment that exan made was his opinion,which is just fine,but he should have made that clear and stated why he feels that way. That is why you see so many "IMO"'s and IMHO's on these posts. I dont see how anyone can get mad at you for having an opinion,unless you are trying to misconstrue it as being a fact.

As far as the sponsor thing goes...
The post in question makes a general statement about products provided by Shroomery sponsors that are both very good products because they do exactly what they claim. We have to face the fact that people that come here are from all different levels of education,skill,and commitment level and many prefer the "do it yourself approach",while others enjoy the fact that they can trade their hard earned dollars for a reliable product that makes it easier for them to attain success at this hobby. Now if a product comes to you from a sponsor that is defective I think you should first give them the opportunity to make good and offer you a resolution that makes you happy. If you contact them and dont get any cooporation that shows they back up their product and use good business ethics,then you have every right to let the administration and the good people here know what has happened to you and how you feel about it.

I think this is probably exactly what you are saying ,but I just felt the need to elaborate.

MYKEY

OfflineFirstAvailable
enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: bulk method for the newbs [Re: Mykey]
    #2945031 - 07/30/04 01:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mykey said:
The comment that exan made was his opinion,which is just fine,but he should have made that clear and stated why he feels that way.

I fealt that it was pretty obvious that he was merely expressing his opinion. He didnt say that the product was bad or didn't do what it claimed, he merely said it wasnt worth the money that they are charging, although I agree hat he could have done it with a little more tact.

Quote:

Mykey said:
We have to face the fact that people that come here are from all different levels of education,skill,and commitment level and many prefer the "do it yourself approach",while others enjoy the fact that they can trade their hard earned dollars for a reliable product that makes it easier for them to attain success at this hobby. Now if a product comes to you from a sponsor that is defective I think you should first give them the opportunity to make good and offer you a resolution that makes you happy. If you contact them and dont get any cooporation that shows they back up their product and use good business ethics,then you have every right to let the administration and the good people here know what has happened to you and how you feel about it.

I think this is probably exactly what you are saying ,but I just felt the need to elaborate.

Yea, thats pretty much what I meant, more or less.

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: bulk method for the newbs *DELETED* [Re: yesNick]
    #2945568 - 07/30/04 04:01 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: bulk method for the newbs [Re: poke smot!]
    #2945613 - 07/30/04 04:10 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Flollow the WBS tek then pasturize some soaked straw and manure in trays covered with foil. Wash your hands when working on the casing and dont overmist. $20 down the road your growing tons of shrooms and can easily make more, just buy more wbs. The largest investment is the PC, but most people's kitchen has a small one that they can prep 2-3 q jars in and you only need one per square foot.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix