Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomyMcPot
Male

Loc: TX
Sprinkling manure on my casing.
    #2641617 - 05/05/04 02:29 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

After I crumble my cakes for a small 2 cake casing I was thinking of sprinkling some pasteurized cow manure compost from the store over the crumbled cakes and then top off with 50/50. I've never done this before and was wondering if there were complications I hadnt thought of. Should i just lightly sprinkle or pile it on good. Mix with vermiculite? Should it be slightly damp?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Re: Sprinkling manure on my casing. [Re: ShroomyMcPot]
    #2641700 - 05/05/04 02:47 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

if your doing this as your top layer it sounds a bit thick, it will take a while for colonization on top and will prolly get overlay... i would rather mix my crumbled cakes with some manure and/or verm...

Offlinepfshroomer
MASTER OF MY DOMAIN
Male User Gallery

Loc: seeking the truth
Re: Sprinkling manure on my casing. [Re: Tremor1127]
    #2641728 - 05/05/04 02:54 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Ive gotta question:Well you know how shrooms dont grow from wet/damp patties in the wild,they grow from the dried ones,well how will shrooms grow from the pasturized manure if its wet?
Peace,
PF~

--------------------
"Follow the medicine path with an open mind and a clear heart, and you will surely find inner peace and enlightenment."

OfflineShroomyMcPot
Male

Loc: TX
Re: Sprinkling manure on my casing. [Re: pfshroomer]
    #2641784 - 05/05/04 03:15 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

well, i was going to put the manure in a oven bag and put that in a pressure cooker. I was going to put some water in with it because I thought it might colonize better if it was damp.

Offlinepfshroomer
MASTER OF MY DOMAIN
Male User Gallery

Loc: seeking the truth
Re: Sprinkling manure on my casing. [Re: ShroomyMcPot]
    #2641907 - 05/05/04 03:58 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I wasnt directing that question towards you ShroomyMCPot,I was just wondering because I dont have anything to spawn my WBS to except for manure/compost.So I was wondering if I could just take the colonized cakes and then spawn them to pasturized manure..??But I didnt know if that was possible or not because I knew that shrooms wouldnt grow from wet patties in the wild,so I was wondering if they will in fact grow from wet/damp pasturized manure(because when you pasturize it,the manure does in fact get wet of course) ...???
Peace,
PF~

--------------------
"Follow the medicine path with an open mind and a clear heart, and you will surely find inner peace and enlightenment."

Offlineobfuscatelesol
journeyman
    #2641935 - 05/05/04 04:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Put manure in a pillow case and heat it in a pot at 170-180 degrees to pasteurize, then let it drain and cool. Mix it in good with the WBS.

InvisibleMykey
spectraltraveler

#2642822 - 05/05/04 08:46 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

By saying they wont grow on "wet" manure,you must mean when its fresh from cow kinda wet. They dont grow on this kind of poo because it hasnt yet undergone any of the organic breakdown caused by mother nature like the sun and rain. Thats right I said rain,as it is what washes away the components of fresh poo,like ammonia,that are not good for the myc to grow on. You actually want your poo to have a respectable water content as this is what the shrooms will draw on when colonizing it and developing fruits. The purpose of the casing layer is to preserve this initial moisture content,as well as replenish it as it dries out.

Just make sure that the poo you get is the older stuff that looks kinda grey,or else you will have to set it out in the sun and rinse it down for a while to get it to the point of being a good shroom substrate. ---Hope this helps!

MYKEY

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation