Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Amazon Coir, Gypsum, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDartho
Stranger
Hello, and happy new year!
    #26415235 - 01/03/20 11:40 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Hello... Shroomeryers?Shroomeryites? Everyone!

I was on page 27 of the coir tek before I looked to see how far away the end was. Ten years this month, 191 pages, and an active OP. Wow. You all are awesome people.

I apparently need to have 10 posts, so I thought I'd introduce myself here.

I'm going to be a first time mycologist. I have spores ordered, shipping next week. I'll be getting my PC and other necessary supplies in the interim.

I'm planning on growing B+ in a monotub, using hydrated popcorn as spawn, then Damion's coir tek as substrate, no casing on that. Debating on gypsum, we'll see if the bag the store has is powdered or not already.

I've been interested in this hobby for some time. I still have a video I downloaded 10+ years ago saved to my current PC that first piqued my interest. I wonder if it's someone here that made it? I've always kept that interest, and I'm sure I've perused here many times before posting now.

Anyway to work on getting that 10 posts: I thought instead of me asking questions as I have them (when I can't find answers, I do my due diligence), perhaps the community could 'quiz' me to see if I'm ready.

Cheers everyone!

--------------------
Dartho - Chaotic good 'Sith lord' elf from Elfwood, near Dreamland. Will force lightning tickle you until you pee your pants.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblewildernessjunkieM
Reshitivest
I'm a teapot

Loc: HTTP 404 Not Found
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hello, and happy new year! [Re: Dartho]
    #26415345 - 01/04/20 01:18 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

There are better grain options than popcorn. Why did you pick that over the other options?

And whats your plan for using those spores?

Pro tip: Journal entries count toward your post count.

Edited by wildernessjunkie (01/04/20 01:20 AM)

OfflineDartho
Stranger
Re: Hello, and happy new year! [Re: wildernessjunkie]
    #26415357 - 01/04/20 01:35 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

It is easy for me to get locally in quantities that are neither too small, or too large (2.50 for 4lbs), I like the prep work compared to WBS, and I haven't found a local vendor for rye berries.

From what I've read as long as you get the proper moisture content it can work just as well.

Thanks for the tip too!

--------------------
Dartho - Chaotic good 'Sith lord' elf from Elfwood, near Dreamland. Will force lightning tickle you until you pee your pants.

InvisiblewildernessjunkieM
Reshitivest
I'm a teapot

Loc: HTTP 404 Not Found
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hello, and happy new year! [Re: Dartho]
    #26415370 - 01/04/20 01:53 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

IME the prep is harder than every other grain out there. And at that price you're paying $1.60/lb.

I live where the price of everything is super inflated. I can get various grains at the feed store for around $0.45/lb.

You might check around and see if theres a better deal for you.

OfflineJhole
Stranger
Re: Hello, and happy new year! [Re: wildernessjunkie]
    #26415396 - 01/04/20 02:34 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Happy new year. I'm trying to get some advice on the penis envy strain I'm just getting started not really sure how to work this site yet either help!?!!

OfflineDartho
Stranger
Re: Hello, and happy new year! [Re: Jhole]
    #26415412 - 01/04/20 02:54 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Well it's a cube, and pretty much any tek here will probably help you depending on what you're wanting to know. Don't be afraid to use the search bar like google :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Amazon Coir, Gypsum, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started