Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Gypsum, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | Next > | Last >
OfflinePitcherCrab
Crescent Fresh
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The bottom of the sea.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybe natalensis [Re: A.k.a]
    #27162497 - 01/21/21 11:53 PM (1 month, 11 days ago)

Lol dang! Strong ass mycelium! So you guys are choosing the tomentose growth because the rhizo has too much power? :royalrainbow:

--------------------
PitcherCrab's LAGM 2021
Trade List

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.” - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThe Dalcassian
Dirty Druggie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald lsles
Re: Psilocybe natalensis [Re: PitcherCrab]
    #27162642 - 01/22/21 01:26 AM (1 month, 11 days ago)

I haven't even gotten the option for tomentose. I also have a plate where the myc just grew out the side it was so vigorous.

@nos - i think bod's monotub tek was 4 quarts per 650g brick which is where i started, but dropped to 3 a few months back. Found I get a slightly better first flush and a quicker turn around on tubs. Nothing amazing but it's a difference none the less.

8 quarts seems huge. That's like 1 tub per pc run. With 3 quarts, I get 3 tubs and a quart for expansion from each pc run.

Any one had success with casing or does it seem irrelevant?

--------------------
Here Lies This Individual

My LAGM2021

OfflinePitcherCrab
Crescent Fresh

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybe natalensis [Re: The Dalcassian]
    #27162651 - 01/22/21 01:33 AM (1 month, 11 days ago)

Gawd... I need a print. This species seems like a beast!

--------------------
PitcherCrab's LAGM 2021
Trade List

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.” - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

OfflineMyc_Hunt
Bacteria's Bitch
Male

Loc: Fungal Void
    #27162803 - 01/22/21 05:33 AM (1 month, 11 days ago)

I'm going for tomentose because of the ability to punch through liners and tubs isn't something I want.

I may be totally wrong in my understanding of hyphal structures but with this species in particular the rhizomorphs act as exploratory structures rather than efficient structures. With cubes, or at least to my knowledge with cubes the rhizomorphs aren't as durable/are more efficient at conversion of material to fit bodies, so it won't be a problem putting that on grain and having it give you decent flushes.

This on the other hand seems to use its rhizos to explore and protect the mass. I'm not sure if it's just super sensitive (which it might be. The long spaghetti stipes sure seem like they're trying to escape a bad environment/reach for higher ground) or if it's just something thats being overexamined because we haven't found a solid variable that seems to produce results

--------------------
Tomentose gang

LAGM 2021

Read this and maybe learn some shit

OfflineA.k.a
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybe natalensis [Re: Myc_Hunt]
    #27162808 - 01/22/21 05:42 AM (1 month, 11 days ago)

The rhizo is also definitely the main problem with overlay. With cubes the rhizo might stick up and get a little fuzzy but with these it turns into an enigma type fin that then blows up to ten times normal size. 

When I did a half assed rhizo Vs tomentose tubs I was expecting tomentose to be the one that overlaid but it was opposite.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineMyc_Hunt
Bacteria's Bitch
Male

#27162832 - 01/22/21 06:14 AM (1 month, 11 days ago)

I didn't know that happened with cubes lol. I had a bad case of overlay with them but they were running in the same conditions I ran the nats in which was hot, dry and low fae. I think that's pretty much a guarantee for overlay.

I still think overlay is a shield and imagine a fungal body producing one to fight off water, heat and contaminants just like the animated character I saw on a trip when I was trying to figure out how I fucked those trays up so bad.

Trips where I become fungi are fun

--------------------
Tomentose gang

LAGM 2021

OfflineMyc_Hunt
Bacteria's Bitch
Male

#27163546 - 01/22/21 03:12 PM (1 month, 11 days ago)

Sending these jars along with a third that wasn't as strong on the bounce back but everything smelled on par.

Got three shoeboxes running with different ratios but not much variance, basically all are 1:2

--------------------
Tomentose gang

LAGM 2021

InvisibleJust_A_Noob
Providing
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybe natalensis [Re: Myc_Hunt] * 1
    #27164084 - 01/22/21 07:45 PM (1 month, 10 days ago)

I smell something natty

--------------------

Lead by example
Become the change you want in the world
Wide Mouth 1/2 Pint No-Pour TEK
TC Teks & Links

OfflineMyc_Hunt
Bacteria's Bitch
Male

Re: Psilocybe natalensis [Re: Just_A_Noob]
    #27164420 - 01/22/21 10:20 PM (1 month, 10 days ago)

:wouldyoulookatthat:

--------------------
Tomentose gang

LAGM 2021

InvisibleMelliferousS
Beekeeper

#27164460 - 01/22/21 10:42 PM (1 month, 10 days ago)

:takingnotes:

--------------------
LAGM2021

OfflinePitcherCrab
Crescent Fresh

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybe natalensis [Re: Melliferous]
    #27164529 - 01/22/21 11:24 PM (1 month, 10 days ago)

Have any of you tried it on straight straw or straw/coir? After reading this entire thread I’m super stoked to get my print and jump into this with all you guys. Seems like my main take always are: 1. Low spawn rate 1:2 or 1:3, 2. Straw/Hpoo/Coir substrate. I don’t have ready access to hpoo, so I may try it on straw/coir/verm or something of that nature.

--------------------
PitcherCrab's LAGM 2021
Trade List

OfflineMyc_Hunt
Bacteria's Bitch
Male

#27164539 - 01/22/21 11:27 PM (1 month, 10 days ago)

I haven't but might steal something like that and run an asura lc like with pans just for shits.

--------------------
Tomentose gang

LAGM 2021

OfflinePitcherCrab
Crescent Fresh

Trusted Cultivator
    #27164557 - 01/22/21 11:42 PM (1 month, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Myc_Hunt said:
I haven't but might steal something like that and run an asura lc like with pans just for shits.

I’d love to see that. I was also thinking about trying some MudaBottles also once I get some clean LC... Thinking along the same lines as you!

--------------------
PitcherCrab's LAGM 2021
Trade List

OfflineA.k.a
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27164618 - 01/23/21 12:38 AM (1 month, 10 days ago)

I ran some on hwfp and coir and it definitely didnt hurt. It was super hot during summer though so the conditions were horrible.

Straw could be good. Or maybe compost or something cuz the pictures of it in the Wild seemed to be in a lot of grass and leaf litter.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflinePitcherCrab
Crescent Fresh

Trusted Cultivator
    #27164659 - 01/23/21 01:15 AM (1 month, 10 days ago)

For sure. I think trying to get the substrate to match their natural environment best we can is a really good direction to go. I was convinced by seeing some of Psilo’s hpoo/straw/coir flushes. I wonder what sort of compost mix would be best. :strokebeard: What is HWFP?

--------------------
PitcherCrab's LAGM 2021
Trade List

OfflineFrostyStipe

#27164664 - 01/23/21 01:17 AM (1 month, 10 days ago)

Do you recall the percentage hwfp? I was thinking of trying blocks, maybe something like 25% hwfp, 55% straw and 10% horse manure.

--------------------
1% tripping balls 99% doing dishes

OfflineA.k.a
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybe natalensis [Re: FrostyStipe]
    #27164671 - 01/23/21 01:22 AM (1 month, 10 days ago)

I think it was probably like 40-50% hwfp. <— hardwood fuel pellets, which blow up into sawdust when water hits them.

I ran one sub on composted manure and got the least overlay I’ve had. Again it was in the summer heat which made the experiment useless.

I spawned a shoebox of a clone a couple days ago. Was on autopilot and used a whole quart of millet so it’s packed with spawn.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflinePitcherCrab
Crescent Fresh

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybe natalensis [Re: FrostyStipe]
    #27164672 - 01/23/21 01:23 AM (1 month, 10 days ago)

Never mind I figured it out! Hardwood fuel pellets, of course! I grow all my gourmets on oak fuel pellets so I have a shitload. Also I have a ton of soybean hull pellets. I wonder if natalensis would like those at all. Gourmets love the 50/50 HWFP/Soybean hull mix. Sounds like a fantastic test once I get my cultures up and running.

What sort of temps are you talking Aka?

--------------------
PitcherCrab's LAGM 2021
Trade List

Edited by PitcherCrab (01/23/21 01:24 AM)

OfflinePitcherCrab
Crescent Fresh

Trusted Cultivator
    #27164678 - 01/23/21 01:31 AM (1 month, 10 days ago)

I was just looking in the Woodlovers thread and this is what Celestialexplorer1 was growing his aztecorum on. Presumably they’re similar right?

Quote:

Celestialexplorer1 said:
Hmm it was reptibark, alder pellets, pine bark, humus compost, gypsum hydrated with compost tea and lime.

Might be a good idea to try some mix like that out as well. Do we know anything about how natals like wood based subs?

--------------------
PitcherCrab's LAGM 2021
Trade List

OfflineMyc_Hunt
Bacteria's Bitch
Male

#27164789 - 01/23/21 04:57 AM (1 month, 10 days ago)

I tossed some soaked wood chips into a jar and toss some mycelium on it to see what would happen. It covered it and got old.

--------------------
Tomentose gang

LAGM 2021

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Gypsum, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation