Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBotanyChild
Cuban Frogs Gang
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Bohemian Rhapsody
    #26410699 - 01/01/20 12:09 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Just seen this film the other day, was really good in my opinion. Anyone else watched it yet?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Bohemian Rhapsody [Re: BotanyChild] * 2
    #26410722 - 01/01/20 12:34 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

It's really good as a film about Freddy Mercury. And the actor did a very good job. But as far as an accurate account, it's garbage. Critics attack it for representing that Freddie came about AIDs right before Live Aid, which they said was off by years.

My criticisms as a one time Queen fan are musical. I saw Queen 3 times and thought they were one if the best live acts of all time. Once they did News of the World with We Will Rock You and We are the Champions, I was through. It sounded to me like Hitler's Nurenburg Rally. In the movie it shows them doing their first tour of the States playing Fat Bottomed Girls, which was long after I thought they sucked. That probably came out on the 7th album.

In reality Queen first toured the States as 3rd band behind Mott the Hoople and Aerosmith. I wish I'd seen that that tour.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

OfflineBotanyChild
Cuban Frogs Gang
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26410946 - 01/01/20 03:24 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
It's really good as a film about Freddy Mercury. And the actor did a very good job. But as far as an accurate account, it's garbage. Critics attack it for representing that Freddie came about AIDs right before Live Aid, which they said was off by years.

My criticisms as a one time Queen fan are musical. I saw Queen 3 times and thought they were one if the best live acts of all time. Once they did News of the World with We Will Rock You and We are the Champions, I was through. It sounded to me like Hitler's Nurenburg Rally. In the movie it shows them doing their first tour of the States playing Fat Bottomed Girls, which was long after I thought they sucked. That probably came out on the 7th album.

In reality Queen first toured the States as 3rd band behind Mott the Hoople and Aerosmith. I wish I'd seen that that tour.

Thanks for your input, I figured Hollywood's presentation would be rather off from reality.

I was too young to have experienced their music as an adult. I was born in the 80's. I do remember their MTV videos used to freak me out as a kid though, like most of the pop culture themes going on at that time.

I do agree with your opinions though. I think the movie may have been better to watch than their actual career. Short and sweet, lol

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media