Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineembrollo
Homecucumelero
I'm a teapot

WBS: canary seed only (will it work?) * 1
    #26406891 - 12/29/19 10:00 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Helloooooo there!

i'm exploring substrates. wanna try wbs and the cheapest thing i found was
PURE CANARY SEED

which looks like this:

i read that any whole grain will do, provided that it isn't oily like sunflower seeds.

i wanna make some jars for innocullation and g2g...

watchathink?

--------------------
As it is. Infinite.:mushroom2:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMycoStu
Male
Loc: USA Flag
Re: WBS: canary seed only (will it work?) [Re: embrollo]
    #26406940 - 12/29/19 10:35 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Only one way to find out for sure. :goodluck:

I know some WBS mix has canary seed in it, I think most people who use WBS look for the cheaper stuff that has mostly milo and millet and almost nothing else added.  Unless you don't have a lot of spores/spawn to work with I'd try a small run using this; but the fact that I can't find any info on it means its not an ideal grain for one or more reasons (could be anything from price is to high to just doesn't work)..
Let us know if you end up experimenting but personally I'd stick to a tested grain and TEK and don't stray if you want the best results.

OfflinecronicrM
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: WBS: canary seed only (will it work?) [Re: MycoStu]
    #26406970 - 12/29/19 10:56 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

It will do it's tricky to hydrate

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

Offlineembrollo
Homecucumelero
I'm a teapot

Re: WBS: canary seed only (will it work?) [Re: cronicr]
    #26412172 - 01/02/20 10:26 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Helloooo

i'm giving it a try.

i soaked the canary seed for 24 hs and rinsed it like hell, let it dry a bit:

i felt like it was to wet after rinsing. the grain kept sticking to my hands when i grabbed a handfull. so i left it a couple of hours like this until it didn't feel too wet on the outside. 

then i prepared some jars with canary seed only, some with yamani rice (similar to whole brown rice) and some with a 50-50 mix of both:

when i PC'd the PC ALMOST run out ow water. i started smelling a ligth toasted smell and when i turned it off and opened it, the rag i use in the bottom of the pc was still wet. it didn't seem like the grain got toasted. i decided to give it a try anyways.

sooo i inocculated some of the jars with a self made spore syringe. will post results as sooon as i see some :P

also did a G2G in one of each types of mixture to see what happens. i used a half jar that i had on the fridge, that i already had used for g2g before. let it sit outside for maybe half and hour and then g2g'd

Pics:

G2G jars, 3 days from inocculation:

the yamani rice colonizes very quickly, i already knew that

the mixture is colonizing half as fast

the canary seed seems to be colonizing slowly, but looking closely the myc is taking over the seeds, just in a slower rate.

i overfilled the jars, so i won't be able to shake them later. we'll see how long it takes for them to overtake the whole jar.

fun fun fun

Quote:

MycoStu said:
personally I'd stick to a tested grain and TEK and don't stray if you want the best results.

i know. but most of the teks i the forum involve materials that i do not have, or are too expensive for me to afford. my challenge (which i'm enjoying a lot) is finding a way to grow using what i have close by and such. the way i'm doing this so far is giving me moooooore than enough shrooms for me and my friends to use, so it's getting more like a hobby in which i experiment and have fun.

growing shrooms is fun :smile:

--------------------
As it is. Infinite.:mushroom2:

Edited by embrollo (01/02/20 10:31 AM)

InvisibleSpunkyMonkey88
Stranger
Male

Re: WBS: canary seed only (will it work?) [Re: embrollo]
    #26412176 - 01/02/20 10:29 AM (1 year, 1 month ago)

After realizing how easy and cheap it was to get a 50LB bag of oats, I will never fuck with anything else....

But honestly I think literally any whole grain will work as long as its properly hydrated...

OfflineJohnny.rotten
Traveller
 User Gallery

Re: WBS: canary seed only (will it work?) [Re: SpunkyMonkey88]
    #26412724 - 01/02/20 03:59 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SpunkyMonkey88 said:
After realizing how easy and cheap it was to get a 50LB bag of oats, I will never fuck with anything else....

But honestly I think literally any whole grain will work as long as its properly hydrated...

I'm with you on that, i see quite allot on here have problems with oats, but the ones I get give me no trouble

--------------------

InvisibleSpunkyMonkey88
Stranger
Male

Re: WBS: canary seed only (will it work?) [Re: Johnny.rotten]
    #26412757 - 01/02/20 04:15 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Johnny.rotten said:
Quote:

SpunkyMonkey88 said:

I'm with you on that, i see quite allot on here have problems with oats, but the ones I get give me no trouble

It's all about figuring put what proper hydration lools like... once u know they are easy AF!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation