Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: Psilynut2] * 1
    #26404577 - 12/28/19 12:00 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
It’s hilarious as fuck you almost got accidentally banned for doing what you say people are unjustifiably accusing you of doing .

You're going to have to spell it out for me, I'm not catching on.  :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger

Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: qman]
    #26404590 - 12/28/19 12:09 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Well looks like you almost got caught up in a blanket ban of what some mod thought was a bunch of racist hate preachers . People accuse you of doing that you say you don’t .  I don’t care what you say or if you get banned or not I  just thought the whole thing is kinda  funny .

--------------------

OfflineBigChumpus
Stranger
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: Psilynut2]
    #26404607 - 12/28/19 12:21 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Real life picture of shroomery mods

Qman you are not alone

InvisibleStygianKnight
A Mushroom

#26404615 - 12/28/19 12:29 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
I'm not sure what type of "trolling" you think I'm engaging in on these forums, so if you have any specific examples, I'm all ears.
I'm pretty sure almost every member here has engaged in playing the devils advocate in one form or another, but that's not really trolling in my opinion.

I’m using ‘trolling’ here loosely to mean say, posting to purposefully get a rise out of someone.

Also chill snowflake, don’t get your panties in such a bunch so fast, I even specifically said that there are broader reasons for posting than logical debate In a political forum, and not something I thought was automatically bannable. 

Quote:

If my memory serves me correct, yourself and Fal have had many disagreements about Trump and Russian involvement. When he asks for evidence for your claim and you come up with nothing for that claim, was that trolling?

It was more like I came to the conclusion that Fal didn’t consider the things damning that I considered damning, that he was ok with the level of involvement that I see as treasonous, and I don’t gain much from spending the time trying to convince him that he should see these obviously anti-american activities as what they are.  That Fal has an excuse for the evidence, doesn’t make it any less evidence.  But more specifically I bowed out around when it became clear documents and people we could all find and read were being consistently misconstrued and mischaracterized to pretend an obviously false narrative existed, and if we can’t agree on basic facts, it’s just a bunch of words being thrown past each other.

Quote:

Or is trolling just people that you disagree with on the political spectrum?  If that's the case, you have now proven how closed minded you are when it comes to political discussion.

I consider your consistent nature to jump to hyperbolic assumptions about others and put claims into their mouths either directly or through ‘just asking question’  in your imagined world to be a facet of trolling for emotional reactions over substance.  If you wanted it spelled out. But not trolling in the sense of against the rules, bannable, offense.

OfflineBigChumpus
Stranger
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: StygianKnight]
    #26404638 - 12/28/19 12:44 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

No the mods are biased little pussies.

Sui banned a guy for not liking his music for fucks sake and then claimed he was a puppet after arguing with the guy for like 4 pages.

Evidence here : https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26399958#26399958

Mods need a binki and naptime imo

Edited by BigChumpus (12/28/19 12:45 PM)

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: Psilynut2] * 1
    #26404688 - 12/28/19 01:09 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
Well looks like you almost got caught up in a blanket ban of what some mod thought was a bunch of racist hate preachers . People accuse you of doing that you say you don’t .  I don’t care what you say or if you get banned or not I  just thought the whole thing is kinda  funny .

You should care if any member gets banned based on an emotional response from a mod, instead of violating the forum rules.

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: qman] * 1
    #26404711 - 12/28/19 01:23 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I’ve read your posts and was happy when you got perma’d and I’m sad that they let you back. You devolve any conversation that you don’t agree with and just make the forum suck basically

Take this as constructive criticism

I won’t be here as long as you’re here. So have at it

--------------------

Rate me here

OfflineSulfurshelfsean
Defender of Cubes
 User Gallery

#26404724 - 12/28/19 01:30 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

StygianKnight said:
Quote:

qman said:
I'm not sure what type of "trolling" you think I'm engaging in on these forums, so if you have any specific examples, I'm all ears.
I'm pretty sure almost every member here has engaged in playing the devils advocate in one form or another, but that's not really trolling in my opinion.

I’m using ‘trolling’ here loosely to mean say, posting to purposefully get a rise out of someone.

Also chill snowflake, don’t get your panties in such a bunch so fast, I even specifically said that there are broader reasons for posting than logical debate In a political forum, and not something I thought was automatically bannable. 

Quote:

If my memory serves me correct, yourself and Fal have had many disagreements about Trump and Russian involvement. When he asks for evidence for your claim and you come up with nothing for that claim, was that trolling?

It was more like I came to the conclusion that Fal didn’t consider the things damning that I considered damning, that he was ok with the level of involvement that I see as treasonous, and I don’t gain much from spending the time trying to convince him that he should see these obviously anti-american activities as what they are.  That Fal has an excuse for the evidence, doesn’t make it any less evidence.  But more specifically I bowed out around when it became clear documents and people we could all find and read were being consistently misconstrued and mischaracterized to pretend an obviously false narrative existed, and if we can’t agree on basic facts, it’s just a bunch of words being thrown past each other.

Quote:

Or is trolling just people that you disagree with on the political spectrum?  If that's the case, you have now proven how closed minded you are when it comes to political discussion.

I consider your consistent nature to jump to hyperbolic assumptions about others and put claims into their mouths either directly or through ‘just asking question’  in your imagined world to be a facet of trolling for emotional reactions over substance.  If you wanted it spelled out. But not trolling in the sense of against the rules, bannable, offense.

Well put!

--------------------

Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: Citizen X] * 1
    #26404759 - 12/28/19 01:48 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Citizen X said:
I’ve read your posts and was happy when you got perma’d and I’m sad that they let you back. You devolve any conversation that you don’t agree with and just make the forum suck basically

Take this as constructive criticism

I won’t be here as long as you’re here. So have at it

There's nothing constructive about it unless you can provide specific examples, but I'm not going to expect those examples from someone who is controlled by their emotions instead of rational thought. :shrug:

OfflineBigChumpus
Stranger
    #26404762 - 12/28/19 01:50 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Keep in mind citizen made a post calling for clearer rules

He doesnt like you so hes ok with you bein banned under arbitrary rules

Hypocrisy comes in beautiful rays of stupidity

Offlineqman
Stranger

#26404764 - 12/28/19 01:52 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

StygianKnight said:
Quote:

qman said:

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe the people that have emotional responses to my posts have the issue here, that's a distinct possibility, correct?

OfflineBigChumpus
Stranger
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: qman] * 1
    #26404771 - 12/28/19 01:55 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

We live in an incredibly polarized age where people would rather go thier corners and circle jerk than meet in the middle and step out of the comfort zone

You step into that middle ground and get punished for it. This is more symptomatic of society generally right now and you're bearing the brunt of it.

We need people like you, an eagle needs two strong wings to fly

InvisibleStygianKnight
A Mushroom

#26404798 - 12/28/19 02:16 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Part of the issue, yes, yes indeed.
Choosing what to read, and what to respond to is absolutely the readers responsibility and while it doesn’t absolve the writer of all actions, the reader is fully responsible for making the choice to continue reading or responding.  So long as someone isn’t being horribly disruptive to the forum flow or targeting someone, ‘just fucking ignore them and press on with your life’ is a much better response than banning, or having a freak out over them.

It’s clear there are some here more interested in a fight than anything else.  But let’s not be all high and mighty evolved liberals or anything, I’m sure everyone here has trolled for emotional reactions or to just be flippant to the opposition at least once or twice, emotions and ulterior motives are just a part of the thing called politics and its discussion, just because I’m not interested in the fight, doesn’t mean it’s suddenly bad or others aren’t interested or won’t get something out of it.

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: qman] * 3
    #26404806 - 12/28/19 02:21 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:

Maybe the people that have emotional responses to my posts have the issue here, that's a distinct possibility, correct?

That's a distinct possibility  :laugh: :thumbup: 

I learn a lot about myself by observing my emotional reactions when reading a post. I used to blame the poster for my reaction until I realized it's only a reflection of me.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: RJ Tubs 202] * 1
    #26404809 - 12/28/19 02:22 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

There’s a simple solution here that everyone is ignoring: simply cede all ideological ground to me and I’ll have no reason to denigrate you.

--------------------

OfflineBigChumpus
Stranger
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: RJ Tubs 202] * 1
    #26404815 - 12/28/19 02:24 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

RJ I love you holy shit

You seem to always approach these issues with a level head even if you disagree

I just wanted to point this out and say more people should have that, I wish I did

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: BigChumpus]
    #26404835 - 12/28/19 02:35 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Dang it, it's been a while since someone told me they love me. Thanks for that.

OfflineBigChumpus
Stranger
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #26404843 - 12/28/19 02:40 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

People deserve more credit. My toxic heart always has a special gilded place for intellectual honesty, a rarity these days

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: BigChumpus]
    #26404923 - 12/28/19 03:32 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

BigChumpus said:
RJ I love you holy shit

You seem to always approach these issues with a level head even if you disagree

I just wanted to point this out and say more people should have that, I wish I did

You might want to try and explain at this point who you are a puppet of and why. You registered two hours ago yet you clearly are familiar with users.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflineBigChumpus
Stranger
Re: i now understand why we have a no flaming rule. [Re: koods] * 1
    #26404938 - 12/28/19 03:37 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I'm Koods

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order