Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleCypressRage
Suicidal Prick
Male

Loc: Flag
Question
    #26400788 - 12/25/19 08:03 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

I always hear people putting down cubes because they aren't strong enough or there's better mushrooms around. In your opinion do you think cubes stand with the rest of the mushroom strains?

My opinion they are in their own category and have stood the test of time cause they are still around. I feel they can be better then other mushrooms in their own way.

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAntigov
Male

Loc: Deep within the BibleBelt Flag
Re: Question [Re: CypressRage]
    #26400798 - 12/25/19 08:12 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CypressRage said:
I always hear people putting down cubes because they aren't strong enough or there's better mushrooms around. In your opinion do you think cubes stand with the rest of the mushroom strains?

My opinion they are in their own category and have stood the test of time cause they are still around. I feel they can be better then other mushrooms in their own way.

Cubes are popular because they are relatively easier to grow then the other species. If you are looking for potency, I highly recommend PE or PEU. They can be finicky to grow, but they are worth it.  Several days ago, I had 3.5 grams of PEU, and it knocked me on my ass. I would have had to taken 6 grams or more of regular cubes to get the same effect.

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Question [Re: CypressRage]
    #26401141 - 12/26/19 05:18 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

I think some people then are a bit harsh! Yes Psilocybe Cubensis is not the strongest psychoactive strain of mushroom, but it is certainly one of the easier to grow. The McKenna brother’s recipe for growing mushrooms helped spread the growing knowledge and cubensis have subsequently entered the realm of legend.

I’m based in the UK, where our common wild mushroom is the Liberty Cap (Psilocybe Semilanceata). I find Liberty Caps to be so much stronger than cubensis, and the trips tend to go far deeper, and have a much darker feel to them than cubensis.

However, I have tried growing Liberty Caps unsuccessfully for about 4 years now. I have followed many threads in the cultivation forums, but as far as I’m aware, there is minimal success trying to grow semilanceata at home.

But just because cubes are less potent, doesn’t make them weak! Does that make sense? I have had some very intense cubensis trips.

If you want a good rough guide to mushroom strength, check out the Shroomery’s dosage calculator, here.

Hope my two-pence-worth helps.
Take care,
DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience