Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinethirtygoats
Male
Fk Lenovo
    #26399721 - 12/24/19 09:39 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

When Lenovo is selling a Lenovo Ideacentre 510a-15arr for 155 euros, they should add "Also, this computer's power connector/plug is proprietary to our company and therefore, you cannot ugrade this computer in any way. Attempting to do so will void your warranty and it looks like you took longer than 2 weeks to realize that you wanted to take action and attempt to return it, which, fortunately for us, is how long we give you to be qualified for a refund, but it's December 24th, and by the time the Lenovo store is open, it will have been so far past the requirement date to return it, that you'll be questioning whether to attempt to get a refund at all, and have begun to browse your short-term memory for sites that you can possibly sell this actual piece of garbage to.", so I'm sorry, but, you can go fuck yourself."

:feelsbadman:

Edited by thirtygoats (12/24/19 09:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTulipslave
Homo sapiens sapiens, lol

Re: Fk Lenovo [Re: thirtygoats]
    #26399744 - 12/24/19 10:05 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

thirtygoats said:
When Lenovo is selling a Lenovo Ideacentre 510a-15arr for 155 euros, they should add "Also, this computer's power connector/plug is proprietary to our company and therefore, you cannot ugrade this computer in any way. Attempting to do so will void your warranty and it looks like you took longer than 2 weeks to realize that you wanted to take action and attempt to return it, which, fortunately for us, is how long we give you to be qualified for a refund, but it's December 24th, and by the time the Lenovo store is open, it will have been so far past the requirement date to return it, that you'll be questioning whether to attempt to get a refund at all, and have begun to browse your short-term memory for sites that you can possibly sell this actual piece of garbage to.", so I'm sorry, but, you can go fuck yourself."

:feelsbadman:

next time read the fine print :shrug:

Never heard of not being able to upgrade a Lenovo.  They make laptops like tanks and often with features that other companies don't have.

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Fk Lenovo [Re: Tulipslave]
    #26400499 - 12/25/19 01:35 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think that their other laptops were nearly as upgradeable as their Thinkpads, and I'm not sure whether they're even really building their Thinkpads like that anymore.  I forget where it was, but I think that somebody referred to the T420 series as "the last true Thinkpads" or something like that (before they sort of shifted gears to go and try to compete with the Macbook series).

The old, classic Thinkpads are super easy to upgrade and service though.  They're basically built for it.  And that keyboard is fucking awesome...

InvisibleTulipslave

Re: Fk Lenovo [Re: chibiabos]
    #26400516 - 12/25/19 01:53 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

chibiabos said:
I don't think that their other laptops were nearly as upgradeable as their Thinkpads, and I'm not sure whether they're even really building their Thinkpads like that anymore.  I forget where it was, but I think that somebody referred to the T420 series as "the last true Thinkpads" or something like that (before they sort of shifted gears to go and try to compete with the Macbook series).

The old, classic Thinkpads are super easy to upgrade and service though.  They're basically built for it.  And that keyboard is fucking awesome...

that's a bummer.  i had an 08 or 09 Thinkpad bought used in 2014.  If it would've been possible to replace the MB on it and be able to run UEFI, i'dve spent the money to do it.  it even had a light at the top of the screen that was perfect for illuminating the keyboard.  i dropped that thing from 4-5' so many times and it never had a problem or a chip in the plastic.

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

#26400542 - 12/25/19 02:32 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

You can probably find a motherboard for it.  Lenovo still sells motherboards for the T420 (as far as I know).

https://www.amazon.com/63Y1989-Lenovo-ThinkPad-Laptop-Motherboard/dp/B01IDUHCN6

InvisibleTulipslave

Re: Fk Lenovo [Re: chibiabos]
    #26400561 - 12/25/19 02:52 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

chibiabos said:
You can probably find a motherboard for it.  Lenovo still sells motherboards for the T420 (as far as I know).

https://www.amazon.com/63Y1989-Lenovo-ThinkPad-Laptop-Motherboard/dp/B01IDUHCN6

wish i'd known.  i gave it to a buddy for free a couple years ago, as he was running a desktop that still had windows XP on it :lol:

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

#26400569 - 12/25/19 03:01 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

That sucks.  I fucking love my T420.  I need to do some serious overhauling on it, but it's all super easy to do.

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Fk Lenovo [Re: thirtygoats]
    #26400622 - 12/25/19 04:08 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

I bought a Lenovo because it was the cheapest laptop at Best Buy, except for the small screen ones. I got what I paid for. It's a POS.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
Re: Fk Lenovo [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26400633 - 12/25/19 04:19 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

I want an IBM thinkpad.

--------------------

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: Fk Lenovo [Re: Crazy_Horse]
    #26405715 - 12/29/19 05:27 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

I've been buying X1Carbons, t590s and t490s. They've all been pretty solid. Their docks are having issues with W10 updates though and I've had to replace several that have just totally bricked when doing firmware updates. 0 issues with the warranty and support though.

HP has really gone to hell with the ProBook range, been kinda scrabbling a bit to find good machines. Ordered some enterprise Dells recently. Can't say if they're any good yet though. Time will tell.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

OfflineSugabearcrispS
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Loc: maybe I had too much, too fast
Re: Fk Lenovo [Re: Northerner]
    #26405734 - 12/29/19 05:54 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Have a Lenovo yoga 3 convertible tablet. The power connectors are notoriously bad. Had the whole motherboard after sparks from the connector fired it replaced under extended warranty at 1.5 years. At 3 years it did it started acting up again. I bought a new power connector and replaced it myself. Still going strong now but it doesn't get moved much so the power connector seems to be lasting longer. It was originally my kids laptop for college but it just couldn't handle the strain put in it by a kid. Now it just sits in the office and we got her a asus.

OfflineSugabearcrispS
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Re: Fk Lenovo [Re: Crazy_Horse] * 1
    #26405735 - 12/29/19 05:56 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crazy_Horse said:
I want an IBM thinkpad.

You will need a time machine

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: Fk Lenovo [Re: Sugabearcrisp]
    #26405741 - 12/29/19 06:09 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, the Yoga didn't look good to me when I considered it. Trying to do too much rather than do well.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

OfflineSugabearcrispS
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Re: Fk Lenovo [Re: Northerner]
    #26405764 - 12/29/19 06:30 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Northerner said:
Yeah, the Yoga didn't look good to me when I considered it. Trying to do too much rather than do well.

Other than the power connector it has been a solid machine, tbf

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
    #26407848 - 12/30/19 02:13 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

I looked at the specifications of the computer before buying it.
The specifications that I saw were fairly good; Ryzen 5, 8gb ram, SSD drive, but the computer I received contained different parts that were the cheapest type of model in their category.

My previous computer was a Dell Vostro 260 with 4GB of RAM (Two sticks of " Kingston 2GB 1Rx8 PC3-10600U-9-10-A0 " RAM), an i5-2400 processor ( Can be found for as low as $40 ), and a " Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA Hard Drive ", and the disk drive disconnected in an attempt to allow the other parts to use the power that was going to go to the disk drive. The Dell Vostro 260 did not have a graphics card, yet could handle the game " Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory " with no problems in terms of lag or ability to handle the game so that it can perform/operate well enough for me to be satisfied with my performance.

When I overclock this Ryzen 3 @ 3.70GHZ with 4-cores processor, 12GB of RAM ( 8GB 2400MHz RAM and 4GB Crucial ), and " 1 Terabyte Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive " and it is having problems with " Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory ", ( I know that it was overclocked because I can clearly see the temperature indicator on AMD Ryzen Master ( Program that can be used to overclock the processor and change lots of settings,  increasing to nearly 70C ) I know that I have made a mistake, and would have been better off building a computer.

Well, it's not a total loss. It was only 155 euros. The computer actually doesn't run that badly, but yes, it has frozen up a number of times over seemingly small tasks or problems, I did spend like 35 on an 8GB stick of Vengeance RAM so I wasn't expecting to run into those problems, and I did notice increases in performance, compared to how it was before increasing the RAM to 12GB ( Only 10.9GB is usable ). I also ordered a Corsair VS450 power supply, and a 2GB GT 1030 Graphics Card. I looked everywhere on Ebay and Amazon and Google for graphics cards around 100, and ended up spending 98 euros on the GT1030, 45 on the Corsair VS450 PSU.

So, soon I will be attempting to buy a motherboard that will be compatible with the parts that I have, and I have found one, actually. It's called the " MSI Z390-A PRO ",( but after looking at some of the more expensive ones, seeing that it would still compatible with my parts, I want to spend more to get a better one ), and it is compatible with most of the parts I have. I think the parts I have will be good enough for a given amount of time, but like everyone and anything else, I would like something better.

I eventually found that there was a model number that I was supposed to search for. I saw the same computer, with the same exact model number on other websites for 480 euros. I eventually found the website that actually does have my exact computer and the specs on the site are exactly what I was sent.

Edited by thirtygoats (12/30/19 03:03 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale