Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinesuriVJD
.::: Virus :::.
Male
Loc: Snohomish, WA
Stupid Question? *DELETED*
    #2639494 - 05/04/04 11:40 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by suriVJD

Reason for deletion: wow, 6 years ago, a lots changed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecrazychemist
Spreader ofSpores

Re: Stupid Question? [Re: suriVJD]
    #2639596 - 05/05/04 12:09 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I think you need to read more teks before you post. And this is not the place for this, this is grow logs and pictures. Number three, a mushroom is not a plant, you don't plant anything. Read teks before you post.

Try this: http://www.fungifun.org/pf/pf_en.htm

and here: http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23019

--------------------
The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room.
-Waking Life

Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
    #2639786 - 05/05/04 12:53 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yea heh, do some reading on the teks. you sound a little mixed up. Good luck :smile:

OfflineAkrobatik
Chillin

#2641024 - 05/05/04 10:02 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

hehe. Yeah man good luck, but read up on the subject a little more. Its better to have a general knowledge Before you try and cultivate. If you follow one of the Teks, Ie. (the PF tek, or MMGG) you will be destined for success. Dont improvise at all, follow them to the T.
These links will show you more:
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23019
http://www.theomc.com/index.cfm?fuseAction=teks.mmgg
http://www.nansnook.com/~archives/5.html
http://www.thehawkseye.com/
http://www.magic-mushrooms.net/

THose should be enough, the hawks eye has some good pics of many types of cubensis mushrooms fruiting. Good luck.

--------------------
:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

OfflinesuriVJD
Male
Re: Stupid Question? [Re: crazychemist]
    #2641863 - 05/05/04 01:42 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

To crazychemist, like I said this is the first time for me growing $#!T, second I put the post here because it's called growing logs, so everybody here should/would know about growing. And lastly I know it's not a plant it was just faster typing plant then mushrooms. Don't have to be an @$$ about it.

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
    #2641909 - 05/05/04 01:59 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry bud, crazychemist is in the green this time. If he were being an 'ass' about it, he'd have lauged at you and nothing else. Yet he was nice enough to provide links for you.

First time growing? Thats nice. How about this. I like cars, so im going to skim through a mechanics 101 college book, jump into an advanced mechanics forum, and start asking questions on how to build my own BMW from scratch.

Sound idiotic?
I thought so too.

Mushrooms require patience and knowledge. Dont rush into anything unless you plan to fail.
Take your time, and read all the info on the main site before jumping into the forums...get a feel for the place.

Good luck.

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

Offlineredone
Errbody gettin'tRipsy
Loc: Right here^^^see, that's ...
    #2641927 - 05/05/04 02:06 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Believe me suri, they are not being asses about it . . . they are just telling the truth. Reading up on the teks and doing some searches will save you the time-n-effort of posting here and waiting. And it saves the shroomery regulars from having to entertain the same 6 questions every week. Instead of posting x number times to try and have every step of the PF tek spoon fed to you, you can check the links up there ^^^^^ or the FAQ's at this site and read the whole tek.

Since you've only posted twice, I know that before you were able to post there was a page that popped up telling you to check the FAQ's and to do a search before posting . . . and at the top of the board there is a sticky post that instructs you to do the same.

Again, noboby's being an ass . . . that stuff is there for a reason. Read up . . .

--------------------
"I'm just lying to try and get attention again."

The events in question are not to my recollection.

OfflinePsychosMind
One of thosefriendly crazies

Loc: Can't guess from the whit...
Re: Stupid Question? [Re: redone]
    #2641966 - 05/05/04 02:19 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Also, if your too lazy to type mushroom instead of plant then maybe growing something isn't the right thing for you. Mushrooms do take patience and if you can't take the time to type what you need to ask then you probably don't have the patience to actually read through a few teks and actually take in what it's trying to tell you. But if you can calm down and take your time then i would suggest the MMGG and PF Tek for dummies, it is working great for me... :grin:

--------------------
I'm one of those hugging crazies, as opposed to the stabbin' crazies

Offlinecrazychemist
Spreader ofSpores

#2642133 - 05/05/04 03:19 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I was not being an ass, I was setting you straight.  And as RuNE said I gave you links to what you should do, I wouldn't call that being an ass.  It gets old when people ask the same questions that are answered 100 times over in the FAQs and teks.  I started by reading FAQs and teks and look where I am now, last grow (first flush) yielded 5 ounces. 

Mushrooms are about patients and doing things the way they are supposed to be done, not by being lazy and taking shortcuts.  I would be happy to answer some questions, but not ones that are already answered.

Good luck with whatever you do.  :mushroom2:

P.S. Thanks for the backup guys. :wink:

--------------------
The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room.
-Waking Life

OfflinesuriVJD
Male
Re: Stupid Question? [Re: crazychemist]
    #2644176 - 05/06/04 02:16 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

K, well if I misunderstood, I misunderstood, my bad. Sorry. I've been taking notes from various websites and have the "PF Tek for newbie's" saved in my PC, and everytime I read through it it tells me to take the cake out of the jar, put it on the jar lid, then put it in a terrarium. My only question was should I leave it on the lid or make a mixture? I don't think that implies I'm trying to skip ahead to the advanced level growing. And how the hell does my typing skills have ANYTHING to do with my patience? Who the hell should really care if I type plant or mushroom? Either way I know it's a f*ing fungus. All I wanted to know was the answer to a simple question, and you all had to give me shit about it. Thanks for the help

InvisibleButterNut
Squash

Loc: Throughout the world
    #2644534 - 05/06/04 07:27 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Your Welcome

--------------------
Butternut squash are softer than acorn or other types of squash, which makes them easier to cut and prepare.

Invisiblesakura
Aussie Expat

Loc: Japan
    #2644536 - 05/06/04 07:27 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

suriVJD said:
...Who the hell should really care if I type plant or mushroom?  Either way I know it's a f*ing fungus...

People who respect the little piece of Nature they're being allowed to cultivate care...  People who respect the people who are trying to help them do it also care...

13 year olds who want to be drug dealers don't seem to care as much :wink:

(Check your ratings...  You just motivated me to make my 1st ever 1 shroomer :wink: )

--------------------
Shrooms aren't everyone's cup of tea... (Some folks just eat 'em)

OfflinesuriVJD
Male
Re: Stupid Question? [Re: sakura]
    #2649423 - 05/07/04 08:46 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Like I said I'm a newbie, I'm not some 13 year old, nice immaturity by the way. I only asked one question and people are listing off 1-2-3's of what I said wrong and what I typed wrong, and by that it seems to show to me that nobody's really helping there just pretty much saying you're an idiot figure it out. Well that's why I came here, to ask a question, to get help, which nobody has answered yet. I don't mean/want to be an ass, just people are giving me negative responses. Trust me I do appreciate the help that I am getting, you guys listing off the websites, but don't appreciate the sarcasm and remarks. I'm new, don't know what to do, looking for some help, that's it. Not trying to make enemies. So to those that tried helping me; crazychemist, Akrobatik, and redone, Thank You!

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
    #2649464 - 05/07/04 09:04 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I think the reason we're giving you 'negative' responses, is because the TEKs give a very straight forward description of what to do.

Anyway.

No, you dont put a verm+rice mixture in the terrarium. For basic humidification purposes, you put a few inches of perlite on the bottom with water. Once you birth the cakes, you put the lid on top of the perlite, and the cake on top of that. You may put the cakes directly on the perlite for hydration purposes at the proper times.

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

InvisibleButterNut
Squash

Loc: Throughout the world
    #2649473 - 05/07/04 09:09 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

yes we dont mind helping but your suppose to read some on your own,then ask questions based on what you read.We are not here to hold your hand and walk you through the whole thing,thats what the teks are for.Youve been given many links,did you read any of them?Even though Rune just answered your question,it could have been answered in the links you were given.
Read up on some things then wghen you have a grip on the process,THEN ask questions,and im sure people will be glad to answer,but the fact that your even asking about setting the cakes on rice powder,shows you havent read much of anything.Read up youll be glad you did.

--------------------
Butternut squash are softer than acorn or other types of squash, which makes them easier to cut and prepare.

Offlineredone
Errbody gettin'tRipsy
Loc: Right here^^^see, that's ...
    #2649476 - 05/07/04 09:10 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Alright already! Stop the madness! Suri, seriously, in the time it took you to read all of those replies, and type one of your own, you could have done a search or browsed the FAQ's to find an answer to your present question and probably a few that you have yet to ask at this point.

As far as the whole plant vs. mushroom thing - your typing is not the issue, but your lack of respect for the art of cultivating mushrooms - is. If you REALLY need a friendly alternative try "shroom" or "mushie" or event "fruit".

AND before you even attempts to raise a plant vs. mushroom vs. fruit "thing", a growing mushroom is said to "fruiting" hence the terms "fruit" and/or "fruit-body" . . . so don't go there.

Ahem, (stepping off my soap-box now) back when I was trying to figure out how to cultivate, I read the teks, searched the boards and browsed the FAQ's to find that you want to put your fully colonized cakes (on the tops or a piece of foil) on a bed of moist PERLITE inside your terrarium. Preferably after being dunked, cold-shocked and rolled in verm and/or double-end cased.

If you have any questioned as to the aforementioned terms (dunk & roll, double-end case, cold-shocked, etc) . . . BY ALL MEANS consult the teks, search the boards/site and read the FAQ's. (Hint, hint)

--------------------
"I'm just lying to try and get attention again."

The events in question are not to my recollection.

OfflinesuriVJD
Male
Re: Stupid Question? [Re: redone]
    #2650834 - 05/07/04 04:37 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you guys for doin your part, and I'm doin mine.  The terms I'm learning about and making notes.  After that whole ordeal, I'm checking out alot of sites before asking anything.  :smirk:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck