Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineacillatem998
Adventurer
Female User Gallery

ID Request
    #26395429 - 12/22/19 11:15 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Habitat:
Where does it grow? Eg. woods, pasture, state, province, country, altitude, etc. What does it grow on? Eg. soil, dung, wood (dead, living, what kind of wood?), etc.

First group
These we're found growing at the base of a big tree I posted a picture of the tree I'm not a hundred percent sure what kind.

The second group was found growing off of the living tree directly above the ones growing at the base.

Gills:
Color, attached/not, gills/pores, etc.

The gills on the first group are tan-colored and appear unattached the gills on the second group are similar in color but I can't see if they were attached or not I can check when I get home.

Stem:
Length, diameter, color, texture, hollow/solid, thin/thick, etc.

The stems on the first group are dents and white approximately 2 to 3 in Long and the stems on the second group we're also white but seemed more Halo and split apart when pinched off.
Cap:
Diameter, color, texture, conical/spherical, convex/concave, etc.

The Caps of the first group were tan to caramel colored while the Caps of the second group were lighter tan both are smooth and about 3 to 4 inches across. The first group are more bell-shaped well the second group were conical on the prematures and flattened as they grew.

Spore print color:
Very important!

Spore prints are currently underway I checked after a couple hours in the prints were still pretty light but they appeared they were going to be either a darker purple or maybe black.

Bruising:
Color that the mushroom bruises, if any.

No bruising I could see

Other information:
Scent of the mushroom, anything else you think is important, large close-up pictures showing stem, cap and gills.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineacillatem998
Adventurer
Female User Gallery

Re: ID Request [Re: acillatem998]
    #26395544 - 12/22/19 12:25 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

The pictures uploaded in the wrong order so just to clarify the first group is referencing the cluster of four with the thick stems and the second group is referencing the pics of the two alone. Also I forgot to add the overall location which is the Seattle area. Thanks everyone!

Edited by acillatem998 (12/22/19 12:31 PM)

Offlinepyrolight
I like mushrooms
 User Gallery

#26395853 - 12/22/19 03:45 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Psathyrella sp.— hard to say which one.

--------------------

OfflineAnglerfishM
hearing things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Norvegr Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: ID Request [Re: pyrolight]
    #26396104 - 12/22/19 06:22 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

pyrolight said:
Psathyrella sp.— hard to say which one.

Possibly Homophron spadiceum (formerly P. spadicea).

--------------------

Offlineacillatem998
Adventurer
Female User Gallery

Re: ID Request [Re: Anglerfish]
    #26397552 - 12/23/19 01:53 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the info. First time I've seen these so was intrigued when I spotted them.

--------------------

OfflineAnglerfishM
hearing things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Norvegr Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #26397737 - 12/23/19 03:24 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Bear in mind that Psathyrella and the closely related genera (several were separated quite recently) are
very often hard to tell apart by mere eyesight. Many, if not most species require a microscope or possibly DNA
sequencing to determine with certainty. The few species in genus Homophron are relatively easy to point
out by their lack of a partial veil and their habit of growing on stumps and the base of living trees.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds