Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | Next > | Last >
OfflineSA_DeMoN
Male

Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed monotubs [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #26386846 - 12/17/19 10:46 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Hey Pasty!

What would be your hole settings for a 31qt tub that is 14.5" long, 12" wide and 10.5" tall?
I've been trying to calculate it according to your original post. I'm guessing the total area of the holes (top and sub level) and the number of them must be proportional to the volume of the tub.
(Sorry for the metric system ahead.)
So far I came up with drilling 6 5mm holes or 8 4mm holes at the bottom and 2 clusters of 4 5mm holes at the top. That's about as close I can get to the original proportions.
What did you think of this?

Thanks.

Edited by SA_DeMoN (12/17/19 12:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMcDominator
Male

Loc: California
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed monotubs [Re: SA_DeMoN]
    #26390050 - 12/19/19 04:51 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

I have a question. I have 5 of these tubs going right now. If the sub was drying out because of too much FAE, how many/which holes would you tape off?

I'm thinking of the 2 in the middle on the long sides? Or do I choke off the air at the top holes?

--------------------
I'm here to learn. I'm also willing to help. If I'm wrong on something, please call me out. I am not resistant to new information, but I always carry a healthy dose of skepticism.

“It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure.”

-Albert Einstein

OfflineTonyMushrana
is that a Trich again?
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mountainly Place
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed monotubs [Re: McDominator]
    #26390763 - 12/19/19 01:51 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Mine happens to dry out sometimes, I just mist the top layer lightly

--------------------

OfflineMcDominator
Male

Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed monotubs [Re: TonyMushrana]
    #26390771 - 12/19/19 01:56 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

I was misting but now I have pins coming in. Can I mist pins? Sorry, I realize this is a newb question but I have seen conflicting information.

--------------------
I'm here to learn. I'm also willing to help. If I'm wrong on something, please call me out. I am not resistant to new information, but I always carry a healthy dose of skepticism.

“It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure.”

-Albert Einstein

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed monotubs [Re: McDominator]
    #26390791 - 12/19/19 02:12 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

You should post a pic. Be sure there are no fans or excessive air movement in the room. If you haven’t drilled the optional holes then I would look at taping up two of the holes on the hole clusters on the short sides.

InvisibleSpunkyMonkey88
Stranger
Male

#26390894 - 12/19/19 03:37 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
You should post a pic. Be sure there are no fans or excessive air movement in the room. If you haven’t drilled the optional holes then I would look at taping up two of the holes on the hole clusters on the short sides.

So you drill 3 holes on the long side, on each side and 5 holes uptop on each short side?
Sorry if that was clear in the OP but it didnt see it...

InvisibleSpunkyMonkey88
Stranger
Male

Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed monotubs [Re: SpunkyMonkey88]
    #26390905 - 12/19/19 03:43 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

I'm assuming that the type of tub u use .makes a big difference because I followed this tek except I used 3/8th inch holes and my tub was still way too wet and I ended up with pseudomonas bacteria.

I was using the gasket tubs like bod uses.  I ended up flipping the lid in attempt to rectify the problem and sub dried put quick.

Thinking I'm just gonna tape up the holes one by one until shits right with the flipped lid.

OfflineCybin_man
Circle the Wagons

Loc: In the bathroom
    #26390934 - 12/19/19 03:58 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Yes there are 3 holes on the long sides evenly spaced, and it does say you need a 66qt tub.

--------------------
mushrooms + my morning jacket = awesome https://youtu.be/xkY4isMi2Zc

OfflineMcDominator
Male

#26392059 - 12/20/19 07:51 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:

Thank you! So the tubs are getting messier by the day. Here is what they look like now:

My buddy was trying to look for side/bottom pins and had an oops on this one:

Yellow lines? I think this may just be lighting, verifying with my buddy. (grow is not in my house, at his house)

All along I had this feeling like there just was not enough condensation. I squeeze tested the substrate. 2-5 drops came out when squeezing really hard.

And I don't want to talk about the 5th bucket. Experiment gone wrong :frown:

--------------------

-Albert Einstein

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed monotubs [Re: McDominator] * 1
    #26392070 - 12/20/19 08:00 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

The good news is that those all are looking okay. It’s a little dry but not dead. Hit it with a mist to get a few more beads of water on the surface. Then for the next project work on getting the field capacity up.

InvisibleComebackKid
Multispore Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: ked in the trunk of a car
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed monotubs [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #26392076 - 12/20/19 08:10 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

McDominator said:
I was misting but now I have pins coming in. Can I mist pins? Sorry, I realize this is a newb question but I have seen conflicting information.

And just for the record you CAN mist cubensis pins. So no need to do anything funky trying to avoid the pins while you're taking care of your substrate.

--------------------
:amanita2: Substrate surface conditions / Monotub prep and care :sporedrop:

Look around you... Everything you see exists inside the mind.
Consciousness, the awareness that is experiencing this mind,
is peering in from outside the universe.

Our individual experiences are all part of the universe's experience of itself

Edited by ComebackKid (12/20/19 08:16 AM)

OfflineMcDominator
Male

Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed monotubs [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #26392092 - 12/20/19 08:25 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ComebackKid said:
Quote:

McDominator said:

And just for the record you CAN mist cubensis pins. So no need to do anything funky trying to avoid the pins while you're taking care of your substrate.

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
The good news is that those all are looking okay. It’s a little dry but not dead. Hit it with a mist to get a few more beads of water on the surface. Then for the next project work on getting the field capacity up.

I love you guys. Thank you for taking the time to help me out, I really appreciate it.

I watched the "let's grow mushrooms" field capacity video and a few others and shot for that, but in my gut it still didn't feel right. Should have listened to my gut. Being a newb I try to listen to the gurus though :tongue2:

I will up the moisture content a bit next time! Thanks again! I'll keep everyone up to date on this harvest and the next. I bet you the next one is going to be great :smile: Working out all the kinks with this grow.

--------------------

-Albert Einstein

InvisibleSpunkyMonkey88
Stranger
Male

Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed monotubs [Re: Cybin_man]
    #26392221 - 12/20/19 10:12 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Cybin_man said:
Yes there are 3 holes on the long sides evenly spaced, and it does say you need a 66qt tub.

I'm talking about the lid though, my tub is only slightly smaller but it has a gasket on the lid.

I'm assuming that the imperfect lid helps alot with air exchange too.

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #26394109 - 12/21/19 02:22 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Finally had time to make one. I only had one spare tub that was a mini.

So are people spawning, leaving as is then just let it fruit. Or are you covering the holes with tape during colonization? I’d Rather not use tape.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

InvisibleAyePlus
Stony Danza
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fairfield, Connecticut
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed monotubs [Re: eatyualive]
    #26394332 - 12/21/19 04:43 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

No tape here, might have to add a couple more holes to get proper fae in my damp cold garage space but the ones I made like this are all starting to fruit or pin RN so we will see, just spawned another 10 so I hope they work as is.

Not using tape is the best part about this tek IMO, but if you need it for colonization I bet painters tape would be the cheapest and easiest to remove..

--------------------
Learn about breeding

C10’s agar guide
Good surface conditions = Good pinsets
Read more, post less.
🅂 🄰 🄼 🄴  🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼
🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼  🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed monotubs [Re: AyePlus]
    #26394500 - 12/21/19 06:37 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

I’ve never used tape during colonization and don’t plan to. Thanks for the info.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

OfflineCybin_man
Circle the Wagons

Loc: In the bathroom
    #26394793 - 12/21/19 11:15 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SpunkyMonkey88 said:
Quote:

Cybin_man said:

I'm talking about the lid though, my tub is only slightly smaller but it has a gasket on the lid.

I'm assuming that the imperfect lid helps alot with air exchange too.

I see what you mean, his with the purple latches look like the ones that just clamp down the lid with no gasket.

--------------------
mushrooms + my morning jacket = awesome https://youtu.be/xkY4isMi2Zc

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed monotubs [Re: Cybin_man]
    #26394800 - 12/21/19 11:26 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Purple handle sterilites are the 💣

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

OfflineTonyMushrana
is that a Trich again?
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mountainly Place
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed monotubs [Re: eatyualive]
    #26396718 - 12/23/19 02:59 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

This TEK is a 💣

Never before I was pulling + 1000g from flush

--------------------

OfflineDoyledozo
Humble student
Male

Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed monotubs [Re: TonyMushrana]
    #26397201 - 12/23/19 11:00 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Ill be out hunting for a purple handle after the holiday. Just made a T5 to Pasty's ez LC jar. Time to graduate from cakes and shoeboxes to a full mono. Very excited. Have some random wbs jars colonizing at different stages to keep me busy while I put everything in order for my first well planned out grow.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | Next > | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder