Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLizards
Stranger
 User Gallery

A smashing good time
    #26394436 - 12/21/19 07:47 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Turns out its easier to shatter those long jars than the short ones, when banging against the tip of a chair...
After discovering this, I got to clean up broken glass from all over my bedroom, and then  grab clumps of mycelium by hand for theit dubtub.
Now I get to see to what extent I can contaminate fully colonized wbs with free handling (with zero prior sanitation :wink: ) in pure coir.

I also managed to lose a few kernels into my coir hydration chamber (a huge cooler), so I look forward to seeing what happens there.

At this point I may even be trying to contaminate a tub. Coir just seems like it doesn't give a shit.
I am thinking I will start simply adding some to my grain  jars to spawn.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSir Pentinite
Stranger all the time.

Loc: ation Location Location
Re: A smashing good time [Re: Lizards]
    #26394511 - 12/21/19 08:46 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

At least you didn't get hurt. I once accidentally bumped an empty, old (lots of heat cycles + internal stresses) canning jar against a tile countertop while holding it. That thing covered the kitchen in glass and cut up my hand. Luckily it didn't require medical attention. I'm leery of slapping jars against my palm for that reason.

Also as a PSA: the open end of a jar is the weakest area followed by the sides. The sides are become weaker as the jar height increases.

--------------------
"I thought to myself 'Boy, I'm sure glad there's nobody here to see this because this is exactly the sort of thing that gets people riled-up and they assume you're dying and that something has to be done. Where if you're alone, you know, you either come through it or you die, but in any case you avoid the fuss.'"
- Terrence McKenna

OfflineLizards
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: A smashing good time [Re: Sir Pentinite]
    #26394733 - 12/22/19 12:33 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Was mostly worried about my pets, yeah. Have a large dog who likes to hang out while I work.

OfflineSamiam76
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: A smashing good time [Re: Lizards]
    #26394784 - 12/22/19 01:06 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

That just sucks.  I've been using a slightly underinflated basketball to pound jars on. Good luck with the dubtub.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation