Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLazaro
Stranger
25 grams of "strong" truffles?
    #26392209 - 12/20/19 10:05 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Greetings, fellow travelers. This is my first message here.

I've had a few psychedelic experiences. In the past year there's been more than in any previous year (2cb, lsd, magic truffles twice) all this after a long break: for about three years I had not delved into anything more visionary than cannabis. These substances have found me again, finally. I certainly didn't find them. As I'm not a very sociable person and I don't attend to many parties, it is not easy.

It is great that in my country some of these substances are on the grey line of legality; now that I've started working and are more or less independent I have discovered I can acquire something like truffles or salvia legally from certain websites quite easily.

One of these websites has a pack that combines "Hollandia" and "Utopia" truffles, considered the strongest, in 25 grams.

I have already tried this pack from the same seller before. It was last summer. They told me it's possible that it was due to the heat (shipping takes a few days) but 15 grams did not feel particularly strong to me. I'd say they qualified for a level 2 trip, according to the guide from Shroomery.

I barely had any visuals. I'd say the CEV I had were lower than when I smoked cannabis the other day. Or perhaps on the same level, but it can't be too great, because I honestly can't remember whether I had them or not.
It was a thought-driven trip. I certainly crossed to the other side. I had lot's of fascinating ideas and looked at the world and myself very differently. I thought a lot about identity, and jungian archetypes... Later it had some extremely dark moments that were in the end the most rewarding (my computer crashed, I thought it had broken - it hadn't, but at the beginning I was not able to re-start it- and I got into a very depressive mood).

It felt rather short. Maybe the depressive part killed it, but after three hours I don't think I was tripping anymore, and cannabis couldn't help much.

I am thinking about going for the 25g all together. I would do it alone in a few days. I generally prefer to travel to these universes on my own.

Then again, even considering the other substances I've tried, this might be my strongest trip yet.

I would like -according to how it is written on this website- a level 3 or 4 (perhaps closer to 4) trip. Help me, please, with the following:

- Is it a huge difference between 15g of truffles and 25g?

- If I go for the 25g, is it advisable to eat them gradually over, say, the period of one hour, instead of eating them all at once? What would the difference be between eating it all at once -as I've always done- and eating, say, 5 grams every 10 minutes?

- I've gotten some dry salvia leaves as well, and I am thinking about chewing them during the trip, if I feel like it. Has someone tried this? I have never really tried salvia, only very mild (never extracts), but I've read chewing it is both less intense but longer lasting. It does not sound bad to try this. I would probably do it in the come down to prolongue the trip.

My thanks.

Edited by Lazaro (12/20/19 10:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
Re: 25 grams of "strong" truffles? [Re: Lazaro]
    #26392731 - 12/20/19 04:22 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Welcome to the Shroomery! :mushroom2:

Quote:

One of these websites has a pack that combines "Hollandia" and "Utopia" truffles, considered the strongest, in 25 grams.

I have already tried this pack from the same seller before. It was last summer. They told me it's possible that it was due to the heat (shipping takes a few days) but 15 grams did not feel particularly strong to me. I'd say they qualified for a level 2 trip, according to the guide from Shroomery.

Sclerotia potency, especially the commercially sold stuff, can be very variable. I made a very rough chart to give some idea of relative potency with cubes:

1g cubes = 3g ultra strong sclerotia
1g cubes = 4g very strong sclerotia
1g cubes = 5g strong sclerotia
1g cubes = 6g medium+ sclerotia
1g cubes = 7g medium- sclerotia
1g cubes = 8g mild sclerotia
1g cubes = 9g weak sclerotia
1g cubes = 10g very weak sclerotia

Even the fairly decent stuff I buy seems to be in the medium potency range these days - it's been a while since a standard 15g dose gave me a jolt.

:trippinballs:

Quote:

- Is it a huge difference between 15g of truffles and 25g?

It should be enough to make a fairly big difference. In terms of weight it's an increase of 66% if you want to think of it like that. Also, it takes a certain amount of psilocybin to bring you up to a threshold level that you would actually notice, so maybe half of a 15g dose is needed to get you to that point - anything you add above that amount is directly intensifying the trip.

I usually find that if you double the dose of an underwhelming trip, it becomes a lot more lively! In short, 25g seems reasonable if 15g was disappointing.

Quote:

If I go for the 25g, is it advisable to eat them gradually over, say, the period of one hour, instead of eating them all at once? What would the difference be between eating it all at once -as I've always done- and eating, say, 5 grams every 10 minutes?

I wouldn't do the "5 grams every 10 minutes" - it will delay any meaningful onset and having to stop and eat more will get distracting.

On doses of 30g+ I usually split the dose 50/50 and take the second portion after 60 to 90 minutes (60 minutes for milder trips, 90 minutes for stronger trips).

You could try this with 25g (split it into 15 + 10 or 12.5 + 12.5) or just eat them all at once. Eating them in one go will maximize the intensity of the experience; splitting the dose will extend it a little bit (if you don't like the abrupt comedown) but it won't hit with the same intensity (although you will feel the trip strengthen soon after you redose).

I started re-dosing mainly because the potency was so unpredictable and I didn't want to take a big dose without knowing how potent it was first, but if 15g was underwhelming then 25g is not going to be too excessive if you just want to eat it all in one go and see if you get some decent visuals e.t.c.

:awecid:

I have no idea about combining it with salvia, I think they are two different things - I doubt it will 'prolong' your trip as such but who knows...

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

OfflineLazaro
Stranger
Re: 25 grams of "strong" truffles? [Re: Aldebaran]
    #26393474 - 12/21/19 04:13 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Appreciated, Aldebaran. I have never tried "real" mushrooms, truth be told, but I am aware of the doses having read a lot about them.

I think I will split it in two. I'm not sure I want the sudden, extremely intense start. I like being quite aware of what is going on, at least for the first time for such a dose. I've certainly never enjoyed the abrupt comedown.

After 90 min., wouldn't I already have tolerance? When does the tolerance show up, more or less?
I guess I'd eat the second half after 60 min. just to be sure.

I'm also getting some incense from the same shop. I have never tried it while tripping, I am quite excited. For the last few trips I've been partially motivated by the idea of listening to classical music. I was never so aware of the complexity and genius of it while sober. Moreover, I can't imagine a better cure for a bad trip than listening to Mozart. Maybe I'll write a post about my experiences with it later, as I imagine it's not very popular and people tend to prefer stereotypically "trippy" music, but then again, Aldous Huxley recommended it too.

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #26393552 - 12/21/19 06:28 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Lazaro said:
Appreciated, Aldebaran. I have never tried "real" mushrooms, truth be told, but I am aware of the doses having read a lot about them.

I think I will split it in two. I'm not sure I want the sudden, extremely intense start. I like being quite aware of what is going on, at least for the first time for such a dose. I've certainly never enjoyed the abrupt comedown.

After 90 min., wouldn't I already have tolerance? When does the tolerance show up, more or less?

I’ll let Aldebaran reply to that, he has a wealth of truffles experience.

I'm also getting some incense from the same shop. I have never tried it while tripping, I am quite excited. For the last few trips I've been partially motivated by the idea of listening to classical music. I was never so aware of the complexity and genius of it while sober. Moreover, I can't imagine a better cure for a bad trip than listening to Mozart. Maybe I'll write a post about my experiences with it later, as I imagine it's not very popular and people tend to prefer stereotypically "trippy" music, but then again, Aldous Huxley recommended it too.

I can not recommend incense highly enough. I really like White Sage incense cones, and not because the Red Indians use it to banish evil spirits (honest!).

Take care,
DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

OfflineLazaro
Stranger
Re: 25 grams of "strong" truffles? [Re: DJ Ed]
    #26394073 - 12/21/19 01:56 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DJ Ed said:

I can not recommend incense highly enough. I really like White Sage incense cones, and not because the Red Indians use it to banish evil spirits (honest!).

I am getting something called "Aroma Therapy". As someone with little experience with incense, I probably would not notice much difference, but thank you, I'll keep that in mind for next time.

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

#26394174 - 12/21/19 03:02 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Most of all enjoy, Lazaro. People always talk about the emotion enhancing properties of mushrooms. But for me I would go further and say they also enhance the senses. All of them. And smell is a sense we often overlook. I had a mad couple of years way back taking MDMA. I used to have a burner with cranberry essential oil: the smell was simply heaven. I first smelt it walking past a shop and I was overcome with feelings of Christmas. Good white sage gives me a similar feeling and a boost of confidence.

Mush love,
DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”

Terence McKenna

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

#26394254 - 12/21/19 03:52 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I think 60-90 minutes is a reasonable window to avoid any significant tolerance. Tolerance gets worse after the peak, certainly.

Usually I wait until the initial effects have begun and the trip feels like it has 'started' which usually takes about an hour. I can usually feel the trip start to 'plateau' a little bit soon after this point - i.e. the trip comes on, and then it settles down. With a stronger trip it can take a while for the initial onset to calm down, so I don't always feel like re-dosing at 60 minutes, it takes a while to get used to the headspace.

Quote:

Yeah, that makes sense, do it as close to 60 minutes as you can, once you feel comfortable with the initial effects. :thumbup:

Quote:

I've certainly never enjoyed the abrupt comedown.

I think that is mainly dose-related. I find higher doses produce a fairly long-lasting euphoria / manic feeling which comes on after the peak. The visuals often die down during this phase but the trip still feels strong, and gradually calms down into a pleasant afterglow without coming to an abrupt halt.

Quote:

I would like -according to how it is written on this website- a level 3 or 4 (perhaps closer to 4) trip.

You might find 25g is not quite where you were aiming for but it shouldn't be too far off; it really depends on potency.

Looking at the level system:

Quote:

Level 3

Very obvious visuals, everything looking curved and/or warped patterns and kaleidoscopes seen on walls, faces etc. Some mild hallucinations such as rivers flowing in wood grained or "mother of pearl" surfaces. Closed eye hallucinations become 3 dimensional. There is some confusion of the senses (i.e. seeing sounds as colors, etcetera). Time distortions and "moments of eternity".
---------------------
Level 4

Strong hallucinations, i.e. objects morphing into other objects. Destruction or multiple splitting of the ego. (Things start talking to you, or you find that you are feeling contradictory things simultaneously). Some loss of reality. Time becomes meaningless. Out ofbody experiences and e.s.p. type phenomena. Blending of the senses.

I've never been a big fan of these levels, they seem to be a case of "throw in everything you've ever heard of about psychedelics" :wink:

I think the real 'marker' for open eye visuals is when you start to see a kind of "word-soup" or "glyphs" that look like strange symbols in the walls, floor, fabrics e.t.c (some surfaces work better than others depending on texture). I find the open eye visuals can be quite subtle - you get some interesting things happen, sometimes in your peripheral vision, but I rarely get "kaleidoscopes on walls" type visuals with truffles unless the dose is very heavy.

"Closed eye hallucinations become 3 dimensional" is not an unreasonable expectation. I find that CEV go through three distinct stages as the trip builds:

1) Points of light form into a sort of grid. You get the feeling that  there is something going on, but you can't really see anything yet.
2) Random imagery which can sometimes be a bit cartoonish, or vivid images of things which are strange and sometimes hard to interpret.
3) You start "seeing into" the visuals as though you are looking into some strange dimension inside your mind. For me there is usually an inky black backdrop which is filled with glowing, moving shapes made up of smaller elements. Some very beautiful and weird things appear if you keep your eyes closed and "look at the back of your eyelids" as though you were watching TV.

Level 4 stuff  - some of that sounds dubious, but things start to feel very weird!

There's a post here I wrote trying to explain a trip in general terms. Towards the end of it is a description of a 30g sclerotia trip which was split the way I describe. I split the dose into 15g + 15g and redosed at the 70 minute mark. The section extracted from my trip journal starts at the eighty minute mark and covers about 40 minutes of the trip as it strengthens.

Those truffles (white diamonds) were pretty good but not as strong as some of the stuff I've taken in the past!

Music is all about personal preference and what works for you, but personally I do like something with a beat which helps to bring on a kind of trance state. Some of these tracks are less about being 'stereotypically trippy' and more about working well with psychedelics and sometimes influencing the visuals. Re: Suggested tunes to trip to???

Enjoy your trip! :peace:

:awecid:

--------------------

OfflineLazaro
Stranger
    #26394976 - 12/22/19 04:38 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

I think it depends a lot on the person as well, and the day.

You know, only by smoking a joint (a joint made purely of cannabis) I have had once or twice 3D CEVs (of those that are more real than reality). 2D CEVs I can get without any substances in my body, although not often. Who knows (it always depends on the day) but I think it's likely I would reach something similar to this level 4.

I agree that these levels are too simplistic. Actually I am convinced the experience varies so much from person  to person, and depending on many other factors as well, that it is not possible to generalize. For example, having tried a variety of psychedelics and having had very vivid CEVs with them, I have never had them in the stereotypical psychedelic colours that you see in the typical LSD inspired painting.

I'm not so interested in OEV, although they are fun. They never have the same intensity or depth as CEV unless you are in a dark room (which is basically the same as having your eyes closed). And yet there is something that always works: looking at people, people's pictures. I experience wild things there, specially if it's people I know, even if the rest of the external world remains rather calm. And then, of course, the mirror. It's a fascinating thing... I see my face transform into other people, sometimes it turns very devilish, which can be quite scary.
As a lover of art, I enjoy looking at classic, world famous paintings; they suddently become so deep. I have not done that much yet, though, but I would like to.
Aldebaran, I see you like David Lynch. I believe it would be terrifying to watch something like INLAND EMPIRE on shrooms... would be fascinating too, but it is something I'd do on LSD... there's not enough time with shrooms to watch a film, in my opinion.

About the music, I am aware that some music is really good at influencing visuals. But actually I am not sure if when the purpose is to induce weird CEVs music is best: a collection of more or less random sounds (for example alien sounds, nature sounds, cosmic sounds,  all mixed up) might work even better. Well, you could add a beat to that perhaps, and I guess music like this does exist.

In any case the music you posted (I've listened to the first) seems worth a try.

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

#26396207 - 12/22/19 07:22 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

The CEVs I get from shrooms tend to have a slightly alien quality to them, they are geometric but in a more organic way than the hard angles of a kaleidoscope, for example.

Often I am looking into some kind of architecture, strange rooms or cavernous spaces where everything is made up of something that glows from within and gives off its own light.

There does seem to be a lot of personal variation with what people actually see, I agree with that.

OEVs, apart from the persistent 'word soup' effect, sometimes seem to creep up on me when I am concentrating on something else. I like this feeling that something strange is going on in the background. At higher doses they can become a lot more vivid which sometimes takes me by surprise.

I think any music you can "get lost in" would work well when you are tripping, also it can influence the mood of a trip. I feel the emotional content of music quite strongly when I'm tripping - some tracks put me on edge, others are more relaxing, some feel as though they are helping me to connect to the 'beyond' in some way through the kind of trance state I mentioned.

Quote:

I think it's likely I would reach something similar to this level 4.

I hope it goes well and you get an interesting trip :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineLazaro
Stranger
    #26411947 - 01/02/20 06:30 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

The trip has taken place. It was unexpected... As I should have expected. Maybe it was not the best day for me, or maybe I was actually too receptive and was overwhelmed.

There were some great moments, but about half of the peak was spend lying in bed, my sensation was that I was waiting for this kind of "death" that people talk about (in a metaphorical sense, I never feared something could go bad with my health); but this metaphorical death never fully came; I just kept on feeling extremely weak, so weak I couldn't enjoy the visuals even though they were amazing. I lacked energy. It was like when one is watching an amazing film, but is so tired that he just can't pay attention. I felt the shrooms had "handicaped" me, which was quite unfair; at the same time I felt bad because I can't experience them fully and I knew the effects would be gone soon.

Maybe it had to do with not having enough energy, even though I slept (I think) normally the night before (but I did feel tired before I started the trip). Perhaps I should have eaten something soon after eating the shrooms, or drunk coca cola, or a coffee for energy. Perhaps I should have smoked weed (this time I didn't take cannabis until the come down; I wanted to experience only the shrooms).

On the other hand, there were some great moments.

Highlights:
- The start of the trip went quite well. I took half of 25 grams and 70 min after took the other half, with orange juice. After feeling quite weird in my body for a while and not knowing very well what to do /what was happening, everything became fascinating.
- I realised, at least in my case, that shrooms make me very confident. During the trip I was thinking "this is not random, this has been well thought: this should be extremely scary, but it's not, I feel brave and fine in this world, they have something that is making me brave". I felt the same in my other trips.
- Connected to that, I actually felt quite handsome looking at myself in the mirror; even sexy. I seem to become more femenine too (it happened to me too the last time).
- Like in my previous trip, the scariest, and quite depressing part, is how I feel, really powerfully, that nobody understands anything. People are just living in their own invented problems, customs, etc. But that deep down everyone could be completely broken quite easily. It's hard to explain.
- At the same time, I felt quite amazed with the achievements of humanity. I was watching some bottles of cologne and perfume that my parents have, for example, and I thought it all fits so perfectly. It is saying so much, in a very mysterious way;; the shape, the smell, the materials used for the bottle, all was so connected, so developed, such a feat. And I could feel the same for many other things. But I wasn't sure if this was well thought, or just through trial and error, through testing what has effects on people time and time again, they've discovered, without actually knowing why, what designs work best for X products, what words work best to sell X products, etc, etc.
- The "collective unconscious". Even though I consider myself in a way a very religious person (fascinated by all religions), I have never had a truly religious experience with psychedelics. In any case, I was seeing a lot of faces of Gods. They were very ancient Gods, tribal images; it reminded me of African, or totems (native american); in some occasions I perceived some hindu Gods. They appeared with my eyes open and the lights on. On the surfaces: the floor, the walls. Often it seemed that they were all the same; the same face, not showing any emotions, serene, primordial and at the same time powerful.
I felt sometimes, as in Hinduism, that it was all "One" precense, one "God" which had many faces. At the same time it did not feel alive. It was only images, it/they didn't communicate, even when I literally spoke to them. I interpreted it as images from the collective unconscious, and I felt they are much more ancient not only than Christianity, but also than something like the Greek gods. I also felt like dancing in circles, like they do in tribes; it made sense, because those faces surrounded me, I did it for a bit, but without music, without singing.
- I was laughing a lot throughout most of this part.
- Cause or effect? Was I laughing because of how amazing things were? Or the laughing made me feel that what I saw was more amazing than it actually was? Was the body load, the burning in the eyes, the headache/tiredness, caused by all the powerful visuals, or were these visuals precisely caused by that body load, that burning in the eyes, the headache... ?
- While I was mostly brave, I still did not dare to be alone in the complete dark; I could only do it for a short time. Still, I felt they are making me more brave than usual. Actually, when I'm completely sober I'm still afraid often to be alone in pitch black darkness without phone or anything. The mushroom world feels in a way funny, childish; often it felt less scary than being plain sober.
- Here is when maybe I made a mistake. I am not sure what time it was, but at some point I decided I had to lay down; I felt tired, I wanted to have a religious experience too, I thought I needed to experience that "death". I think lying made my energy decrease a lot somehow, and made me feel worse, and I just did not feel like standing again (maybe I should have). After about an hour I stood up, but I felt quite bad, and depressed, not caring about anything because of tiredness. I didn't move much (I think I should have) and went back to bed for probably another hour. Eventually I stood up, decided to take a hot bath, started eating, smoked a bit of cannabis and drunk some cannabis milk I had, and I immediately felt wonderful, with energy again. Sadly, at this point the effects had started to wear down.
- I tried listening to music many times but it was pretty much impossible until the come down. The shrooms didn't allow me to focus on this dose. Actually, pretty much all the plans I had (going outside, listening to music, watching some paintings and pictures) ended up not happening, which made me quite frustrated and contributed to making me depressed.
- When I was lying I had strong visuals. It hurt a bit. My eyes were as if they wanted to come out; whether opened or closed, I believe it is that they were so curious, trying to see more and more; I had tears, probably to cool them down, not because of sadness at all, only because they were "burning". This also made it hard for me to focus on the visuals; I would open my eyes and close them the relieve that heat I felt in my eye, and hence "killing" the visuals. This may sound bad, but it was in the end still pretty mild, I never really worried. It was similar to when you've been looking at the  computer screen for hours and you just can't look more.
- One problem throughout the trip was feeling very cold. My home was at about 19ºC when I started, and my efforts to bring the temperature up did not work very well. Maybe this little thing contributed a lot to make the trip worse.

Edited by Lazaro (01/02/20 09:50 AM)

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

#26412212 - 01/02/20 09:48 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Lazaro,

I’ve been that exact same place, and more than once. One particular trip, I’d had enough after an hour so went to bed and slept! WTF? This was from 5g dried Ps Cubensis Ecuador. The next trip was equally disappointing so I threw the stash in the bin and grew B+ (which contrary to popular opinion, I believe gives an awesome experience)

About 2 to 3mmonths back, I had an heroic liberty cap dose. And liberty caps can be quite a scary trip though this trip was not scary, but it was intense. I mean, really intense. As soon as they kicked I told my wife these are going to be super strong. Oh shit lol. So I retired to the conservatory on my own and put a Shpongle album on - whenever I need grounding or safety, Shpongle always takes over the trip and brings me back safe. But not this time. The visuals were so intense I could see nothing. Everything was overwritten with a sort of fine fractal mesh. And my body felt like it was racing. By the second song, I felt myself relaxing and this release of stress let me laugh. But even as I was laughing, I felt the trip and intensity suddenly ramp up again. My only respite was therefore to sit alone with the music off, and my head in my hands, elbows on knees. For 3 hours. When it was safe to lift my head again, the peak was waning. I did carry on “tripping” for another 3 hours, but the magic had gone. The music was enjoyable though.

I’m not sure either, what, if anything, can be learned from these type of trips. For me, not a lot. Just write it off as one of those trips (they’re all different, and all random in that you never know what type of trip you will get). If it happens gain though, from sclerotia, then it would seem that for you there is not a good synergy, so maybe stick to above-ground mushrooms!

Mush love,
DJ Ed

--------------------

Terence McKenna

Edited by DJ Ed (01/02/20 09:49 AM)

OfflineLazaro
Stranger
    #26412229 - 01/02/20 10:04 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DJ Ed said:

I’m not sure either, what, if anything, can be learned from these type of trips. For me, not a lot. Just write it off as one of those trips (they’re all different, and all random in that you never know what type of trip you will get). If it happens gain though, from sclerotia, then it would seem that for you there is not a good synergy, so maybe stick to above-ground mushrooms!

Mush love,
DJ Ed

So far I've only ever tried sclerotia (different kinds): this was my 6th trip in about eight years, although two of those trips were with heavy tolerance, so maybe it could be considered my 4th trip. I suppose I had quite low doses before, though. I might have never had 15 grams before; perhaps last summer, but I think it was probably more like 14 grams, and this time it was 25.

Do you think not eating it all at once could have contributed at making me more tired, having more "body load", etc? As in, the body having to go through the digestion twice.

Perhaps I will try to cultivate shrooms. I'm quite scared of these things, because I'm terrible at making things work (I am afraid I will ruin them somehow). But those "Mycelium boxes" should be easy to handle, I suppose.
I have to find out if it's possible to get them in the country were I'm living (not where I'm from: where I'm from grow kits are easy to get from Holland); both in the EU, though.

Before these last trips with shrooms, back in May I had an LSD trip (not a high dose) and it was so enjoyable; I could try whatever I wanted, I felt the same intensity for at least 10 hours, I was able to go to the nature, come back home, listen to music, watch things, have fascinating thoughts, even read a short story by Borges (quite "trippy").

I think next time I will make things more simple. In this trip I was moving my speakers (it took ages every time) from room to room. Same with incense, some candles... I think I should make it so I don't have to move objects: placing them in a good spot and just tell my self I can only move myself, and accept what is there in every room.

EDIT
I'm also thinking maybe cannabis can make things better. I would prefer to explore mushrooms solely, but it's typical to read that cannabis takes away this heaviness, body load, etc..

Edited by Lazaro (01/02/20 10:09 AM)

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

#26412260 - 01/02/20 10:27 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I wasn’t aware you have only taken sclerotia. Your use of ‘shrooms’ fooled me, but I guess you’re right; they’re all from mycelia! I’m hypothesising now, but by a process of elimination, dear Watson, it could be related to the variety / strain of sclerotia, and / or your existing tiredness.

Regarding the eating them not all at once, i’ll defer to Aldebaran et al. - who I believe has some really good experience with sclerotia.

Cultivation. I am only recommending this to you because you sound lacking in horticultural confidence. So get your self a grow kit. It all comes with everything you need, and is really easy. It will give you confidence to order a spore syringe and try a simple monotub grow. Again, real easy once you grasp the concept of keeping everything sterile.

LSD. I’ve been reading a lot recently about LSD, and this additional energy and control that you described is possibly why LSD is advocated as an excellent tool of choice for self exploration, analysis, and therapy. And the music is AWESOME on LSD.

Regarding your trip setting, yes absoultely get everything you think you may need ready beforehand. I always roll 4 joints, get my bottle of pop ready, phone connected to speaker, and apple TV set to music, multi-stereo, get my blanket ready, and write out instructions for cooking some steak and cheese rolls in the oven about 4 hours in to the trip. I even get incense cones out and sitting next to the little metal plates they go on, ready for lighting. I make sure all my (hollow) ornaments have candles in them in case I fancy candles during the trip. And if you then trip alone, knowing you have done all the prep work, you can RELAX INTO THE TRIP EASIER AND GO FURTHER ✊🏻

Regarding the 4 joints that I roll, that is because for me, they work so well with mushrooms. They extend the peak, and increase the visuals, generally for about an hour each joint, though I do smoke them faster as the wearing off of the peak speeds up!

Let us know how you get on.
Mush love,
DJ Ed

--------------------

Terence McKenna

OfflineLazaro
Stranger
    #26487870 - 02/16/20 03:53 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

I've experienced a few new things since last time I wrote here. I've also managed to get my hands on a grow kit (Golden Teachers) and had a first flush of about 10 grams dried, and a second flush coming. May not sound like much, but I'm quite pleased, as I tend to be very clumsy and I'm always feeling I have done something wrong.

I wasn't sure if to open a new thread, but well, I might as well post my experiences with truffles here.

In any case, I have had two more trips on Sclerotia; albeit a different kind: "Atlantis". I believe my first trip ever (even before I had even touched cannabis) had been with this kind.

I had 15 grams of Atlantis two weeks ago with my girlfriend, and I had the most intense trip I've had on any substance. I can't say it was pleasant, the taste was more horrible than ever and stuck to my mouth for what seemed hours. I can't wait to try shrooms, which I believe will taste different... With truffles now it's for certain I'm going to switch to tea from now on.

In terms of the awe I felt (also intense fear) and the visuals, it was no doubt stronger than those 25 grams of the supposedly stronger "Hollandia". Probably it has to do with not having taken those 25 grams all at once, as I explained back then.
It seems to me quite mysterious. I had also had 15 grams of Hollandia previously (all at once, and with a lot of cannabis) and it wasn't even close.

There's a lot I could say, some of it too personal, but it's the only experience I've had that came close to a mystical experience or an encounter with "something" that did no feel from this world.

There were some moments in which I felt that I was in the presence of the divine; it is extremely hard to describe. I was in the room of some Airbnb, already experiencing a lot of visuals (the wall had become like one from an egiptian temple or of a similarly ancient culture, full of motives), had quite a lot of anxiety, my body felt very strange, and all of a sudden it was as if the "doors" were being opened. It felt as if this room was being elevated (and it felt as if "someone" or "something" was doing it) to another plane, a higher plane; I seemed to hear some buzzing noise too when this happened. There was a big face covering the whole wall. As in dreams, and because I didn't write it or perhaps it was, although amazing, too scary to process, I have forgotten most of it.
In this moment I felt completely alone, I did not feel my girlfriend's presence. It felt as if anything could happen. I was feeling that this face was "God" and that people like Moses might have had experiences not very different from this. But even though it did not feel evil, the feeling of being alone in a completely ultra-terrenal place, made me too scared. I was a coward, ended up taking some valium (never had done that in any trip) and urging my girlfriend to change the room.

Everything is mixed up in memory, as time was pretty much non-existant during the trip. I believe (although I'm not sure) that this, this "divine entity" trying to communicate with me (if it is that) actually happened twice, but both times I was too scared to fully embrace it.

There's a lot more I could tell about this trip. But I am curious if this is typical, this moment in which where you are suddently stops feeling planet Earth, as if the "divine" or "magical" had covered everything. And I'm not talking about visuals, it is more about this feeling: that two seconds ago you were in planet Earth, and now you are not, and you could never have imagined something like this. I can imagine this feeling happening without a lot of crazy visuals.

To make a parallel, I believe those people who experienced abductions probably have a similar feeling in the moment it happens or the moment right before it happens. Rick Strassman argued that those experiences of abductions could have been DMT trips (as the body seems to be able to create it).

Maybe what I experienced is what people call "breaking through"; I was in the same room, but it felt right to the core like another universe.

Edited by Lazaro (02/16/20 03:59 AM)

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

#26487883 - 02/16/20 04:54 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

I believe you’re right, with the breaking through. It is sometimes described as “the magic”. And yes it is scary, and yes you are alone. So many factors affect how I perceive this breaking through; sometimes it is like a massive relief, like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders; other times it can feel like “all the laws of the universe no longer apply”! That last one is particularly scary for me.

But with experience, you learn to accept the fear and to move beyond it. That’s when the magic really starts to be come useful.

I had a super strange and super potent trip a few weeks ago off a measly 3.8g dry B+; first time in years I got in touch with my wife and asked her to come home to ride it out with me: a couple of times I asked her if I was dying, and at least once I asked her if we had any Valium in the cupboard.....

So I reckon what you’re experiencing is pretty typical.

Mush love
DJ ed

--------------------

Terence McKenna

OfflineLazaro
Stranger
    #26489424 - 02/17/20 04:41 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

And what do you think about this 15 grams being stronger than 25 grams? It's even more strinking when the 25 grams were Hollandia and Utopia, which are said to be the strongest truffles, and the 15 were only Atlantis.  The method of consumption was roughly the same: eating them, chewing them.

Differences: With 25 grams I consumed first half, and one hour later, the other half. I also used orange juice to hide the taste. The second time I had had ginger tea before. Also I smoked a bit of weed immediately after ingesting, which I hadn't with 25 grams, but it was just like two puffs; I manily did it for the nausea.

It really felt as if the "Mushroom" "God" or an agent of some sort wanted me to experience what I experienced; or as if I were destined to experience it in that moment.

There is also a narrative: in my 25 gram truffle trip that I reported after new year I saw many faces that looked tribal, african or perhaps mesoamerican, but they were completely lifeless, just like motives on walls. This time, this big face I've mentioned felt quite alive; and I also sensed other figures that seemed to be coming out of the walls into the room which also felt somewhat alive.

But I believe I am becoming more sensitive in general. Two days ago I had 5 grams of truffles and while it was mild, I would still call it a trip. I went for a little hike on a hill/little forest near where I live and the trees and sunset were amazing.  I noticed my auditory perception being better; I spotted a lot of birds on the top of tall trees, I am usually quite bad at doing that. The colours looked quite different. I did not have any fear at all, I would say, less than if I had been completely sober (I was alone, and it was turning dark in the forest, plus I am not living in my country and I don't speak the language of this country).

After this little trip I've decided I'm going to stay away from weed, though. It all went bad after I smoked, already home, luckily (for I had brought it with me to the forest!). The trip became significantly stronger, it made me tired, but unable/unwilling to sleep, and suddenly I started to feel scared of my hallucinations.  This time , for the first time I saw very clearly how I went from a very clear mind to a foggy, cloudy and scared one.

I've been having bad experiences with cannabis lately; also when I smoke it by itself.

Edited by Lazaro (02/17/20 04:46 AM)

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

#26489738 - 02/17/20 10:09 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

That’s so much I could say about many things in your post; I’ll try to cover them one by one......

First of all there are differing opinions on splitting doses. My opinion, and I think the majority here, is that s-litting the dose only extends thentrip created by the first dose. That is, the trip strength doesn’t become dose 1 plus dose 2, only dose 1 plus amount of time in between doses.

Weed: with experience, I have learned not to smoke weed during the come up. First, yes it is strong, but affects the trip in so many weird ways. Once it stopped my come up until the 2 hour mark, then all of a sudden I was in the peak, absolutely blown away!. But cannabis is so good and helpful with mushrooms. I roll 4 joints while the tea is simmering, and smoke the first at roughly the 2 hour mark, I.e. when I am sure I am at the peak. You still have to be careful, because the intensity ramps up, along with the visuals. It’s from now I put my desired playlist on. I have also noted that cannabis 9 times out of 10, increases the body load. Most times I. Am led down for the rest of the trip. And weed is extremely nice, relaxing, and helpful on the comedown. (With a glass of red wine 👍🏻)

The style and content of trip you have is affected by an infinity of variables, so it would be wrong to put it down to one thing. One thing I have noticed impact of “set”; one trip I’d been reading Graham Hancock Fingerprints of the Gods the week before. The entire trip had an Egyptian feel to it and loads of the visuals involved Egyptian hieroglyphics!!

Nice trips / coming back to mushrooms trips. I’m going to put this out there (and risk getting slated!), but I am a firm believer that the mushrooms are somehow sentient. And at times, say when you particularly need it, or say you’ve had a challenging trip and are considering whether to trip again. Well in those scenarios I have noticed that the mushrooms are always kind to me. I’ll have loads of energy, I’ll completely transcend time and space, and I’ll completely connect to the collective. Yep, I’m convinced. I always thank the mushroom gods after those trips.....

Finally on the strength of the sclerotia; you can never guarantee how strong it is going to be; unless you own a scientific laboratory and can get a complete breakdown of the various psychoactives and the relative ratios. Shouldn’t happen, but if you remember ny statistics and probability from maths, then I think occasionally really poor “strong” shrooms will be ingested, and equally as happened to me, sometimes you can get really strong “weak” mushrooms.

Hope some of the above makes sense, Nd is helpful.
Mush love
DJ Ed

--------------------

Terence McKenna

OfflineLazaro
Stranger
    #26493126 - 02/19/20 09:46 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for sharing your experiences and opinons, Ed.

Quote:

The style and content of trip you have is affected by an infinity of variables, so it would be wrong to put it down to one thing. One thing I have noticed impact of “set”; one trip I’d been reading Graham Hancock Fingerprints of the Gods the week before. The entire trip had an Egyptian feel to it and loads of the visuals involved Egyptian hieroglyphics!!

You know, what fascinates me about mushrooms is that in my experience this has not happened at all. Unlike all the other substances I've tried (not that many, and very few times) mushrooms seem to have their own agenda. On my New Year trip I was so puzzled that I was seeing all these faces resembling African masks or Totems. If anything at all (because of course I had learnt that it's better not to expect anything), it should have been Christian, because lately I have been interested in learning about Christianity and I had been reading Christian books, including the New Testament; or perhaps Buddhist, Indian... As in the past I have delved a lot into those realms and I'm still interested. Almost nothing of that either. I have never researched or had a specific interest in anything similar to what I saw.

The recent, strong trip had, as I said, a more judeo-Christian feel, but funnily enough I was not expecting it at all this time. After my first trip I was somehow convinced the mushrooms showed a very primitive religion: animism, the equivalent of tribal religion of cultures that have not learnt how to write, at most, perhaps, something resembling aztec or egyptian. I had this idea that monoteism was in a way a construct, i.e: that it was not possible to experience it in the (I don't know if you are familiar with Jung) "collective unconscious". (I thought of what the mushrooms had shown me as the "collective unconscious"). By construct, I mean that monoteism had been a creation of reason, not direct experience or feeling. And when I was convinced of this, I experienced something that felt like monoteism.

Of course these are my interpretations of what I've experienced. I suppose what I mean is that this face I saw seemed to me closer to God in a monoteistic sense, and even a personal one, like Yavhé. To be sure, I did not see any specific Judeochristian symbols and it is also about the feeling it gave me, of authority, causing me fear and awe.

What I've gotten seems to me completely unrelated to "set".

--

About cannabis, I don't know exactly what has happened, but I have been getting a dark feeling from it lately. Actually, it is quite striking to me how un-paranoid I am under mushrooms (less than sober! As I said after my NY trip, I have the feeling they actually make one braver); with weed it never had been much of a problem (at least that I was aware of -- until now I had quite mindlessly used cannabis in most of my trips), but during the last month or two it has started to be. Perhaps it is that my life probably is somewhat darker now, somehow, and I am more open to negative emotion. I have been reading online and it's not that uncommon that it gives bad trips, though -- and it is known to cause paranoia on many people.

I'll stay away from it completely for a few months, and then I see if I can develop a normal or positive relationship with it again.
I will have my fun: since I've grown Golden Teachers for a few sessions and still have about 25g. of Fresh truffles left, I'm planning to be visiting their realm every two weeks or even a bit less.

Edited by Lazaro (02/19/20 09:51 AM)

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

#26493159 - 02/19/20 10:13 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Really interesting, Lazaro, that yournset doesn’t seem to have influenced your trip. The Jung collective subconscious is something that crops up a lot with tripping; I would also refer you to then”archetypes” that Jung describes. I think this relates very closely to your comment; “mushrooms showing you a primit9ve religion”. I think you’ve hit the nail on the head, dude. I feel the exact same way about the psychedelic headspace: to me it also feels very “tribal”. I’m convinced this is what is wrong fundamentally with today’s society, that our “tribes” have gotten too big.........democracy falls down in a tribe over about 50 population. Just a thought.....

Why not next trip wait until you positively feel the come down starting, and lucidity returning, then smoke a joint and see how that feels. My aim for this year, amongst many aims, is to pack in cannabis completely, EXCEPT for when I am tripping. I do believe it has so much synergy with mushrooms, for me it definitely enhances the experience. Yes there are times when it can go a bit South, but in those cases I stop smoking and the intensity will usually calm down in under 5 minutes.

Good luck, and mush love
DJ Ed

--------------------

Terence McKenna

OfflineLazaro
Stranger
    #26495424 - 02/20/20 03:14 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

But! Reread what I said in my previous message: This "tribal feeling" referred to my new year trip. The recent one had a "monotheistic" (and sometimes utterly alien - those figures that I mention which seemed to come out of the walls and stand there), therefore more "modern", feel. Then again, there were also a lot of seemingly "Egyptian" (or similar) "paintings" on the wall I was looking at. But those were very different from the ones I got in the former trip, which had been much more primitive than Egyptian: resembling African masks.

I wonder if the surfaces in which I look (I've spent a lot more time with open eyes during these last two trips) affect a lot or not what I see... Because both trips took place in different buildings. I wonder if I would have the same visuals if I looked at the same surfaces in the future.

About the tribes, yes, in a way probably you are right... But I cannot conceive in any way the possibility of returning to 50 people "tribes" (or even 3000!) in our modern world, with such a plurality of ideas and hence a possibility of big conflict or in the best case scenario, having endless discussions to decide what to do, never achieving some "common goal". In those older times people were extremely unified by some beliefs (their mythical stories); all within a tribe (or almost all) basically shared the same religion and beliefs, I think. The world was in a way much more simple.

Quote:

Why not next trip wait until you positively feel the come down starting, and lucidity returning, then smoke a joint and see how that feels.

It is a good advice, but at least for my next trip I want to stay away from it completely. I am trying to write more reasons why, to make myself understood better, but it is a bit too personal... let's just say that I feel a very dark aura over cannabis at this moment of my life. Hopefully it will go away. I've never been a regular smoker, so it's not very hard to "quit".

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals