Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDrW0mbat
cleansed

Loc: texas
first time
    #2639133 - 05/05/04 12:17 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

hellow there, just welcoming myself to the board, you guys seem to be a very large resource for the shrooms. I live in houston, and I've done shrooms 3 times. Im unsure about how successful the second and third times were though and had a few questions about what im doing.
A)im picking up what i believe are magic mushrooms from local cow pasteurs
B)im making tea out of all of them whether they are identifed or not I usually boil them in the pot or pour hot water over them for like 5 to 10 min then pour it in a cup drinking both the mushroom and the tea.
the first time i did shrooms i ate ~3g id like to say then drank about a half a cup of this concentrated tea prepared the way above.
the first time i tripped it felt alot like rolling, or atleast similar and a hell of alot cheaper. but these second and third times where i havent eaten any shrooms seem rather dull and more of a body stone kind of weed like feeling. anyone know if its just my body getting used to the drug or is there some error in my process?

edit: i was unsure where to post this and didnt want to double post so i left it in this section.

--------------------
Im 82% addicted to crack how about you?

Edited by DrW0mbat (05/05/04 12:18 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline0xYg3n
topdawg
 User Gallery

Re: first time [Re: DrW0mbat]
    #2639253 - 05/05/04 12:50 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

heat damages psilocybin. If your boiling the mushrooms then you won't get as much as you would have.

And make sure you know what you are consuming! There's a section here where you can have people help ID your mushrooms.

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #2639267 - 05/05/04 12:53 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

First off welcome aboard.

Check out the hunting forum. May get a little more help there.  :thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineDrW0mbat
cleansed

Loc: texas
    #2639280 - 05/05/04 12:56 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

alright then thanks, and i feel for the most part that mushrooms are part of the most natural ring of life...just the opposite side...and the mush around here isnt much to be worried about nothing puking up couldnt handle...right?

--------------------
Im 82% addicted to crack how about you?

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #2639314 - 05/05/04 01:04 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hey, I'm not gonna answer that. Nobody is dying cause of my advise.  :shrug:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
    #2639550 - 05/05/04 01:55 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

wooah, woah, WOAH!

If you are not absolutly sure what it is that your eating, then dont eat it. htere are mushrooms everywhere that can kill you.

-Loop

--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

#2639572 - 05/05/04 02:01 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DrW0mbat said:
hellow there, just welcoming myself to the board, you guys seem to be a very large resource for the shrooms. I live in houston, and I've done shrooms 3 times. Im unsure about how successful the second and third times were though and had a few questions about what im doing.
A)im picking up what i believe are magic mushrooms from local cow pasteurs
B)im making tea out of all of them whether they are identifed or not I usually boil them in the pot or pour hot water over them for like 5 to 10 min then pour it in a cup drinking both the mushroom and the tea.
the first time i did shrooms i ate ~3g id like to say then drank about a half a cup of this concentrated tea prepared the way above.
the first time i tripped it felt alot like rolling, or atleast similar and a hell of alot cheaper. but these second and third times where i havent eaten any shrooms seem rather dull and more of a body stone kind of weed like feeling. anyone know if its just my body getting used to the drug or is there some error in my process?

edit: i was unsure where to post this and didnt want to double post so i left it in this section.

Please, please, please, please, don't pick your own and eat it.

You need someone who is VERY experienced to go with you the first few times to point out to you the basics of identification.

Eating the wrong mushroom can lead to the most horrible of deaths.

Don't chance it friend.

OfflineAkrobatik
Chillin

#2640021 - 05/05/04 03:54 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I would never eat unidentified mushrooms bro. Not safe at all. But good luck with findin the mushies!

--------------------
:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

InvisibleMykey
spectraltraveler

#2642750 - 05/05/04 08:19 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Welocome to the Shroomery DrwOmbat! You are a perfect example of why the people here bend over backwards to empart their experience and wisdom. I mean that you,though grossly missinformed,and naieve are probably otherwise harboring plenty of intelligence in that noggin of yours since you came here seeking info. You definately came to the right place and can learn everything collectively known about every aspect of shrooms. In the meantime dont listen to anyone who told you that all the shrooms in the field are generally harmless. You need to instead learn all you can here and go back to them and set them straight before somebody dies a horrible death!!! Good luck with your studies and speaking for myself I will be glad to help with anything I can!

MYKEY

Remember That: Knowledge Is Always Power,But,In This Case Ignorance Can Kill Your Ass!!!! :mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
    #2642804 - 05/05/04 08:38 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Howdy Wombat ....You are doing shrooms the way all us old Houston pickers did before we got edumacated...I cant tell you how many times i boiled shroms in a nylon stocking :tongue2: The shrooms you will get from our fields will vary in potency a lot so you might do a shitload an just barely feel it ....Be fucking carefull about what you are putting in the boil pot :nonono:because if you lived elsewhere you might be dead...fortunatley we dont have any bad killers that emerge from cow poop...do yourself a favor and throw them field shrooms in a blender with some fresh cool orange juiceWelcome to our Shroomery

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

InvisibleMykey
spectraltraveler

Re: first time [Re: OldSpice]
    #2642893 - 05/05/04 09:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Wow! I guess I stand corrected,I didnt realize that there are places where bad shrooms dont grow on poop! ---I think it is about time I visited my relatives in Houston! Ha! Ha! Sorry for sounding like a know it all Dr.w,just trying to look our for ya. Dont want anyone getting a toxic surprise while in persuit of psycoactive bliss! :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinechris_likes_shroms
Stranger
Re: first time [Re: Mykey]
    #2643556 - 05/06/04 12:01 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

MUST HAVE HELP ive been wanting to grow psilocybe azurescens for a while now and i was reading the magic mushroom growers guide it said somthing about bulk substrate growing it said to place a fully colonized cake in to steralized grain rye until the grain is colonized and put the new colonized grain in to more grain to get MASSIVE amounts of colonized grain would psilocybe azurescens mycelium colonize the rye??

OfflineCornelius
Heinous Anus
Male User Gallery

Loc: T.O.
    #2643608 - 05/06/04 12:12 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DrW0mbat said:
alright then thanks, and i feel for the most part that mushrooms are part of the most natural ring of life...just the opposite side...and the mush around here isnt much to be worried about nothing puking up couldnt handle...right?

don't eat wild mushrooms unless you're an expert or are accompanied by one. Poisoness mushrooms kill you slowly. You may throw up at first and then feel you have recovered, meanwhile your liver and/or kidney's are being irreparabily damaged - You're usually dead about a week after eating a deadly mushroom from liver failure. There are edible mushrooms out there that are identical to deadly ones - only experts can discern between the two - it's just not worth it man....

--------------------
Even as the nineteenth century had to come to terms with the notion of human decent from apes, we must now come to terms with the fact that those apes were stoned apes. Being stoned seems to have been our unique characteristic.

- Terence McKenna

1946 - 2000

OfflineAkrobatik
Chillin

#2643679 - 05/06/04 12:28 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

chris it sounds like you are very new at growing mushrooms, Azures are VERY hard to grow indoors. There are only a few known people to actually acheive fruits growing azures indoors. I would stick to cubensis if I where you untill you get the hang of things. Start with the PF Tek or MMGG and follow it to the "T". Grow small at first. You need to get some experience under your belt Before you can think about growing pounds and pounds of mushrooms. After you get results using the PF tek, and you actually see the growing proccess happen, you will have the knowledge to shoot for better. Patience is the key to this hobby, if you dont have patience then you will surely fail. Good luck with your endeavors, and if you have questions we will all be here to help! Oh by the way, welcome to the shroomery!! Peace.

--------------------
:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #2643707 - 05/06/04 12:36 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Picked alot shrooms while I was at Sam Houston(Huntsville).
Damn goood shrooms in East Texas.
Look for the brusing or blueing.
Out of all my years of shroom hunting there's only one shroom that does this on cow shit
Be Safe
:goodluck:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation