Home | Community | Message Board

DoubleBlind - Learn to Grow Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLegijos
Stranger
Can CBD (smoking) reduce your hallucinations when u take magic mushrooms or truffles
    #26386554 - 12/17/19 09:20 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Once on a rave i took MDMA with 4 of my friends and me and 1 buddy smoked 2 cbd joints and we nearly felt nothing from the ecstasy while the other 3 were already having fun on the drug. Is CBD not antipsychotic? I would like to smoke some CBD before taking truffles to reduce my anxiety but im really scared that it will destroy the trip. btw a friend told me when smoked cbd once while trippin the effect reduced a little bit. Im really not sure. The cbd has 8% cbd and 0,2 thc. And i know that THC boost the trip

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Can CBD (smoking) reduce your hallucinations when u take magic mushrooms or truffles [Re: Legijos]
    #26386606 - 12/17/19 09:57 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

I doubt it would.

Anti-psychotics aren't even that great at reducing visual and audio hallucinations.  They take a long time to reduce those yet many times never do completely.

Anti-psychotics are major tranquilizers than anti hallucination. 

CBD somewhat tranquilizes.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Can CBD (smoking) reduce your hallucinations when u take magic mushrooms or truffles [Re: Legijos] * 1
    #26388508 - 12/18/19 12:45 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Legijos said:
Once on a rave i took MDMA with 4 of my friends and me and 1 buddy smoked 2 cbd joints and we nearly felt nothing from the ecstasy while the other 3 were already having fun on the drug. Is CBD not antipsychotic? I would like to smoke some CBD before taking truffles to reduce my anxiety but im really scared that it will destroy the trip. btw a friend told me when smoked cbd once while trippin the effect reduced a little bit. Im really not sure. The cbd has 8% cbd and 0,2 thc. And i know that THC boost the trip

My friend, the come up anxiety is something you’re gonna have to accept. With experience, you find ways of dealing with it, but it never goes. I certainly would not entertain taking CBD to reduce the anxiety but knowing it will reduce the trip. Better to take a lower dose, surely: for example if 4g dried + CBD gives the same level trip as 2g dried with no CBD, do you get what I mean? I believe that for most people, the lower the dose they take, the lower their come up anxiety.

Smoking weed (CBD + THC) definitely boosts a trip; I generally always have one joint before I dose, then save the rest for when the peak starts to wain. Strengthens the psychedlic headspace effect while you’re coming down, feels,like it extends the trip for me.

Good luck, stay safe, and have fun,
DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Can CBD (smoking) reduce your hallucinations when u take magic mushrooms or truffles [Re: DJ Ed]
    #26388575 - 12/18/19 01:28 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

If someone is taking drugs to live a complicated life, social or otherwise...it's not going to go as deeply.

So many people go to the doctor for drugs because they cannot resist an overly complicated life.

--------------------

OfflineSabnock
people have gone retarded
Male

Re: Can CBD (smoking) reduce your hallucinations when u take magic mushrooms or truffles [Re: Morel Guy]
    #26388662 - 12/18/19 02:30 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Use Lemon Balm tea (3 to 4.5 grams of dried leaf) for reducing anxiety and panic and come up intensity, it does not detract from the experience/dosage and allows you to handle higher dosages more comfortably ime, i've recommended it to many people, gotten a lot of great feedback and ratings from people on here, as well as from personal friends i've recommended it to. It helps.

--------------------

Offlinefootpath
ὕδωρχοίρος

Re: Can CBD (smoking) reduce your hallucinations when u take magic mushrooms or truffles [Re: Sabnock] * 1
    #26388682 - 12/18/19 02:52 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Sabnock said:
Use Lemon Balm tea (3 to 4.5 grams of dried leaf) for reducing anxiety and panic and come up intensity, it does not detract from the experience/dosage and allows you to handle higher dosages more comfortably ime, i've recommended it to many people, gotten a lot of great feedback and ratings from people on here, as well as from personal friends i've recommended it to. It helps.

No shit. I harvested a huge bush this season, goes into a general stress blend. I know it has a panacean lore around it, like many herbs, but I didn't realize it had such properties. Thanks for the info, I'll report back with my own experience.

InvisibleSonicTitan
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Can CBD (smoking) reduce your hallucinations when u take magic mushrooms or truffles [Re: footpath]
    #26388731 - 12/18/19 03:17 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

CBD may intensify  the effects I used to get a 1.1 CBD strain around  9% and on lsd it did for sure.

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Can CBD (smoking) reduce your hallucinations when u take magic mushrooms or truffles [Re: SonicTitan]
    #26388922 - 12/18/19 04:54 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

That's a 1:1.  CBD strains to me would be almost no THC to no THC. THC will always increase trip effects.

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Can CBD (smoking) reduce your hallucinations when u take magic mushrooms or truffles [Re: Legijos]
    #26391831 - 12/20/19 05:22 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Unsure. However i know CBD dampens the THC high for me. I do not like CBD because when i smoke it, it makes me feel "sober" even if i smoked a Sativa bud right before.

I would assume that there is a similar dampening effect with mushrooms but i cant say Ive tried it before.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Can CBD (smoking) reduce your hallucinations when u take magic mushrooms or truffles [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #26392025 - 12/20/19 09:14 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Different receptors.  CBD acts on the same receptors as THC.  No direct stimulation or activity on serotonin.

Anti-psychotics were designed to be an antidote for LSD.  That's why they aren't that great at biological psychosis.

There's great difficulty in studying a living brain.

--------------------

OfflineGeometric Waves
Psychonaut

Re: Can CBD (smoking) reduce your hallucinations when u take magic mushrooms or truffles [Re: Sabnock]
    #26392430 - 12/20/19 03:03 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Sabnock said:

A cup of Lemon Balm is good for general anxiety. I read that lemon balm is a mild MAOI. So surely it would potentiate a trip? Just wondering about it being combined with shrooms?

--------------------

Edited by Geometric Waves (12/20/19 03:51 PM)

OfflineSabnock
people have gone retarded
Male

Re: Can CBD (smoking) reduce your hallucinations when u take magic mushrooms or truffles [Re: Geometric Waves]
    #26392488 - 12/20/19 03:39 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Geometric Waves said:
Quote:

Sabnock said:

A cup of Lemon Balm is good for general anxiety. I read that lemon balm is a mild MAOI. So surely it would potentate a trip? Just wondering about it being combined with shrooms?

As far as i know it doesn't have any MAOI properties, i've used it with mushrooms, and with 4-ACO and didn't notice any potentiation, just a smoothing out of the come up with a bit of "flavor" added to the experience. Awhile back i read a study thing that said Harmine had been detected in Lemon Balm and something to do with bees using the fluorescence of Harmine as an indicator for some of the plants to pollinate, but that was only one study and if it does contain Harmine it'd likely be way too low to do anything, probably minute trace amounts or something. It definitely has a synergy when combined with Psychedelics, but no potentiation as far as i can tell. Passion Flower though does have some Harmine content and some bioflavonoid content and while people have said large dosages of Passion Flower work well for MAO-A inhibition, the other effects of Passion Flower overpower things so that Passion Flower is best served as an admixture plant for the synergy, like Lemon Balm, rather than a source of MAO-A inhibition.

--------------------

OfflineDuncan T31
Stranger
    #27021551 - 11/04/20 04:03 PM (3 months, 25 days ago)

How can I get these magic mushrooms? I would like to try them to see how everything is going on. I have that feeling that I need to try something new and I guess that I have found something. You know one of my friends told me about how to Hide and Seek CBD also he shared where to buy the natural oil extract of CBD. To be honest, I was skeptical at these things I couldn't believe that simple cannabis oil can help in so many things and it is great that now we have the possibility to buy and to use it so simple.

Edited by Duncan T31 (11/06/20 07:52 AM)

OfflineTyperwritermonky
shboop a doop a doop

Re: Can CBD (smoking) reduce your hallucinations when u take magic mushrooms or truffles [Re: Geometric Waves]
    #27021893 - 11/04/20 07:11 PM (3 months, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Geometric Waves said:
Quote:

Sabnock said:

A cup of Lemon Balm is good for general anxiety. I read that lemon balm is a mild MAOI. So surely it would potentiate a trip? Just wondering about it being combined with shrooms?

It's very mild, whereas passionflower, when taken in a medium-large dose, is enough of an MAOI to have effects.

--------------------
My Daily Stack: Rhodiola Rosea, True Calm, Ginkgo Biloba, Fresh Bee Pollen, Lions Mane/Reishi/Chaga/Cordyceps Complex, Kanna, Full Spectrum Multivitamin, Full Spectrum Omega Fatty Acids, Zyflamend Full Body Support, Turmeric and Black Pepper Complex, Ashwaghanda, Skullcap, Magnolia Bark, NAC, Beta-Carotene, Potassium and Magnesium.

Go ahead and PM me or ask about it, as well as microdosing LSD.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience