Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
d-Lysergic acid diethylamide has major potential as a cognitive enhancer * 4
    #26381914 - 12/14/19 06:56 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/866814v1.full

Quote:

Psychedelic agonists of serotonin receptors induce neural plasticity and synaptogenesis, but their potential to enhance learning remains uncharted. Here we show that a single dose of d-LSD, a potent serotonergic agonist, increased novel object preference in young and adult rats several days after treatment. d-LSD alone did not increase preference in old animals, but could rescue it to young levels when followed by a 6-day exposure to enriched environment (EE). Mass spectrometry-based proteomics in human brain organoids treated with d-LSD showed upregulation of proteins from the presynaptic active zone. A computational model of synaptic connectivity in the hippocampus and prefrontal cortex suggests that d-LSD enhances novelty preference by combining local synaptic changes in mnemonic and executive regions, with alterations of long-range synapses. Better pattern separation within EE explained its synergy with d-LSD in rescuing novelty preference in old animals. These results advance the use of d-LSD in cognitive enhancement.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCountHTML
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Loc: Maine
Re: d-Lysergic acid diethylamide has major potential as a cognitive enhancer [Re: morrowasted]
    #26382349 - 12/14/19 10:21 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

I’ve thought it has cognitive enhancing effects since my first trip on the stuff. Mainly in terms of verbal fluency, sharper and slightly looser associations and better pattern recognition. These things seem to hang around for a couple days to a week following a trip or even a microdose. It’s cognitive/psychoanalytical in a unique way compared to mushrooms.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: d-Lysergic acid diethylamide has major potential as a cognitive enhancer [Re: CountHTML] * 2
    #26382411 - 12/14/19 11:11 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Set and setting makes all the difference, even for rodents.

OfflineBotanyChild
Cuban Frogs Gang
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: d-Lysergic acid diethylamide has major potential as a cognitive enhancer [Re: morrowasted]
    #26382579 - 12/15/19 03:03 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Is this what the rat race is all about or something? pun:smile:

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: d-Lysergic acid diethylamide has major potential as a cognitive enhancer [Re: CountHTML]
    #26382953 - 12/15/19 09:09 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CountHTML said:
I’ve thought it has cognitive enhancing effects since my first trip on the stuff. Mainly in terms of verbal fluency, sharper and slightly looser associations and better pattern recognition. These things seem to hang around for a couple days to a week following a trip or even a microdose. It’s cognitive/psychoanalytical in a unique way compared to mushrooms.

This happens with non-medicated psychosis as well.  I knew words and their meanings more than I knew the path to take.

I think there is also a religious difference between cognitive ecstasy and divine ecstasy.  One can not be at peace, in a resting state of self and be in an ecstasy like state.  Not as deep as divine ecstasy and there can be turmoil in the midst.

People are certainly touched by something bigger if they attempt psycs enough.  But a lot of people get away from those and become touched through serious searching.

As on psycs can be apparent in searching, that trying is the agony.  Being under the influence of a drug complicates.  Some people need that complication.  Because the active mind it creates, the different view.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Edited by Morel Guy (12/15/19 09:29 AM)

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: d-Lysergic acid diethylamide has major potential as a cognitive enhancer [Re: morrowasted] * 1
    #26383484 - 12/15/19 02:59 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

This is interesting because it implies that the environment after the trip affects the long term outcome of the trip which makes sense but is counter intuitive and very interesting.

It's a little bit unclear what effect increased novel object preference would have in humans, but this is still a very cool and exciting finding.

It seems like the broader effect might be to allow people to better discriminate between stimuli that they've either become accustomed to or that are not different enough for them to tell the difference between beforehand, or something along those lines. I hope more research is done soon.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: d-Lysergic acid diethylamide has major potential as a cognitive enhancer [Re: nooneman]
    #26383896 - 12/15/19 06:42 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:
This is interesting because it implies that the environment after the trip affects the long term outcome of the trip which makes sense but is counter intuitive and very interesting.

It's a little bit unclear what effect increased novel object preference would have in humans, but this is still a very cool and exciting finding.

It seems like the broader effect might be to allow people to better discriminate between stimuli that they've either become accustomed to or that are not different enough for them to tell the difference between beforehand, or something along those lines. I hope more research is done soon.

Oh, more research is definitely being done on LSD.

InvisiblePsychoReactive
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cocalero
    #26400322 - 12/25/19 10:24 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

They do take acid at Silicon Valley so :douchewink:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale