Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Kerry Purple Heart Doc Speaks Out
    #2637611 - 05/04/04 04:23 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

May 04, 2004, 4:26 p.m.
Kerry Purple Heart Doc Speaks Out
The medical description of his first wound.

By Byron York

Some critics of Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry have questioned the circumstances surrounding the first of three Purple Hearts Kerry won in Vietnam. Those critics, among them some of Kerry's fellow veterans, have suggested that a wound suffered by Kerry in December 1968 may have made him technically eligible for a Purple Heart but was not severe enough to warrant serious consideration, even for a decoration that was handed out by the thousands. Whatever the case, Kerry was awarded the Purple Heart, and, along with two others he won later, it allowed him to request to leave Vietnam before his tour of duty was finished.

Kerry was treated for the wound at a medical facility in Cam Ranh Bay. The doctor who treated Kerry, Louis Letson, is today a retired general practitioner in Alabama. Letson says he remembers his brief encounter with Kerry 35 years ago because "some of his crewmen related that Lt. Kerry had told them that he would be the next JFK from Massachusetts." Letson says that last year, as the Democratic campaign began to heat up, he told friends that he remembered treating one of the candidates many years ago. In response to their questions, Letson says, he wrote down his recollections of the time. (Letson says he has had no contacts with anyone from the Bush campaign or the Republican party.) What follows is Letson's memory, as he wrote it.

I have a very clear memory of an incident which occurred while I was the Medical Officer at Naval Support Facility, Cam Ranh Bay.
John Kerry was a (jg), the OinC or skipper of a Swift boat, newly arrived in Vietnam. On the night of December 2, he was on patrol north of Cam Ranh, up near Nha Trang area. The next day he came to sick bay, the medical facility, for treatment of a wound that had occurred that night.

The story he told was different from what his crewmen had to say about that night. According to Kerry, they had been engaged in a fire fight, receiving small arms fire from on shore. He said that his injury resulted from this enemy action.

Some of his crew confided that they did not receive any fire from shore, but that Kerry had fired a mortar round at close range to some rocks on shore. The crewman thought that the injury was caused by a fragment ricocheting from that mortar round when it struck the rocks.

That seemed to fit the injury which I treated.

What I saw was a small piece of metal sticking very superficially in the skin of Kerry's arm. The metal fragment measured about 1 cm. in length and was about 2 or 3 mm in diameter. It certainly did not look like a round from a rifle.

I simply removed the piece of metal by lifting it out of the skin with forceps. I doubt that it penetrated more than 3 or 4 mm. It did not require probing to find it, did not require any anesthesia to remove it, and did not require any sutures to close the wound.

The wound was covered with a bandaid.

Not [sic] other injuries were reported and I do not recall that there was any reported damage to the boat.

Golly!

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDigitalDuality
enthusiast

Re: Kerry Purple Heart Doc Speaks Out [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2637620 - 05/04/04 04:30 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Douchebag vs. Idiot Son of an Asshole

Served vs. Went AWOL

'nuff said.

Edited by DigitalDuality (05/04/04 04:30 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Kerry Purple Heart Doc Speaks Out [Re: DigitalDuality]
    #2637635 - 05/04/04 04:35 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

So the proof is in on the AWOL claim? Must have missed it.

Try again.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Kerry Purple Heart Doc Speaks Out [Re: DigitalDuality]
    #2637686 - 05/04/04 04:49 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Killed innocents vs Did blow and flew jets

is that anymore?

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #2637690 - 05/04/04 04:50 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

How about

Went to Vietnam vs. Went to Texas Natl Guard

And where has Kerry claimed that it was a severe wound that he received that purple heart for. The article says he technically earned it. If you think they hand out too many purple hearts, take it up with the system. As for him requesting enough purple hearts so he could go, thats understandable since he clearly didnt think anyone should be there. once again AT LEAST HE WENT. and even after he came back, did he sit on a chickenhawk pedestal and get all gung-ho about the military like so many military people do? no, he was conscious enough to realize we never should have been there (which we shouldnt) and took time to protested the war to get his former fellow fighters out of there too. the fact you think these two guys are even comparable on this issue shows how blind your conservative bias makes you.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: Kerry Purple Heart Doc Speaks Out [Re: Tao]
    #2637707 - 05/04/04 04:53 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

^^^

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Kerry Purple Heart Doc Speaks Out [Re: Tao]
    #2637743 - 05/04/04 05:02 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TaoTeChing said:
and even after he came back, did he sit on a chickenhawk pedestal and get all gung-ho about the military like so many military people do? no, he was conscious enough to realize we never should have been there (which we shouldnt) and took time to protested the war to get his former fellow fighters out of there too.

Yea i agree he choose to be all gung-ho during the war when he supposedly killed innocent villagers. Even a lot of his comrades have said he was probably the most gung-ho fighter they had seen during the war.

Hrmm taking one stance and then completely changing it right after. Sounds like Kerry to me all right.

Quote:

the fact you think these two guys are even comparable on this issue shows how blind your conservative bias makes you.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with joining the national guard. It was a completely legal alternative. Now if Bush's unit was called for duty and he dodged or went AWOL then you would have a point.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #2637974 - 05/04/04 05:42 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

..And the mud flies on both sides. And with Nader in the running, this is sure going to be an interesting election!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Kerry Purple Heart Doc Speaks Out [Re: Le_Canard]
    #2637985 - 05/04/04 05:45 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

How is "mud flying" when it's the guy who treated Kerry, and quite a few of those who served with him making the claims?

Granted it's not proof but it is evidence.

--------------------

OfflineDigitalDuality
enthusiast

Re: Kerry Purple Heart Doc Speaks Out [Re: d33p]
    #2637994 - 05/04/04 05:47 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

d33p said:
Killed innocents vs Did blow and flew jets

is that anymore?

I was basing my claim on the reasoning that the arguement about their record exists in the first place, and that is one of military experience, and being a "war time president".

I don't think war is a great thing, i think Vietnam was stupid, and Iraq was stupid, but we should stay now that we went.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2638034 - 05/04/04 05:53 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

You're right. Kerry was a pussy compared to Bush.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Kerry Purple Heart Doc Speaks Out [Re: Learyfan]
    #2638046 - 05/04/04 05:56 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

No blue diamonds, or purple horseshoes?

--------------------
This space for rent

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2638079 - 05/04/04 06:06 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

You're right.

Too bad you're wrong. I didn't call him a pussy.

You can do better.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#2638110 - 05/04/04 06:12 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I'm just saying that no matter how severe Kerry's injuries were, his military career was WAY more impressive than Bush's.

Bush supporters are barking up the wrong tree by bringing up military history.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2638127 - 05/04/04 06:18 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I missed Vietnam by a few years. I probably would have went for the guard as well.

And coming from Kerry, I suspect the true reason was he thought he could use Vietnam to advance his political goals.

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #2638134 - 05/04/04 06:19 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well, on the distaff side, we have an incumbant who's hard pressed to even prove he showed up for National Guard Duty. No proof - just evidence.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Kerry Purple Heart Doc Speaks Out [Re: Le_Canard]
    #2638140 - 05/04/04 06:22 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

No proof - just evidence.

It's nice to see you know the difference. It seems to escape so many here.

--------------------

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2638199 - 05/04/04 06:35 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

what point does this *evidence* prove?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#2638201 - 05/04/04 06:35 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

No matter what Kerry's movtives for joining the military were, he did and he did a great job.

I can't believe Bush people bring up military history. That's a subject that they need to stay far, far away from.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Kerry Purple Heart Doc Speaks Out [Re: afoaf]
    #2638283 - 05/04/04 07:02 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

afoaf said:
what point does this *evidence* prove?

None. That's why it's called evidence.

But if you mean what does the evidence add up to.... factor in the stories from those who served with him, and his much ballyhooed Vietnam stories smell a bit foul.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom