Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleRhizomorph
Psychedelic Researcher
Other

Re: Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers. [Re: eatyualive]
    #27003324 - 10/25/20 06:28 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

That agar looks mean as hell :eek: Awesome!!

--------------------

:cookiemonster: Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: Why 'Psychedelic People' and the Psychedelic Movement Sucks:elmo:

:awesomenod: Easiest No-Pour Agar Method: Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers:awesomenod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDoctor Mario
πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„
Male Unread Journal

Loc: πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers. [Re: Rhizomorph]
    #27003834 - 10/25/20 11:10 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Should I have left the lids slightly unscrewed on these? I had 2 plates that warped like this and they were both on the very bottom of the stack. Thr only thing I did differently was PC for an hour at 18psi. Would 1 psi really make that much of a difference?

--------------------

InvisibleJHOVA
Post whore
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers. [Re: Doctor Mario]
    #27003856 - 10/25/20 11:31 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

same happened to me when i screwed those bitches on all the way. i think you gotta leave em a screwed a slightly loose.

--------------------
πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό    πŸ„² πŸ„» πŸ„Έ πŸ„½ πŸ„Ά πŸ…† πŸ… πŸ„° πŸ„Ώ

InvisibleDoctor Mario
πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„
Male Unread Journal

Loc: πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers. [Re: JHOVA]
    #27003860 - 10/25/20 11:39 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

JHOVA said:
same happened to me when i screwed those bitches on all the way. i think you gotta leave em a screwed a slightly loose.

I figured thats what the problem was. Not a big deal. At least it was only 2 and not all 24.

--------------------

InvisibleRhizomorph
Psychedelic Researcher
Other

Re: Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers. [Re: JHOVA] * 1
    #27003907 - 10/26/20 12:49 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

JHOVA said:

I've been doing the same thing and it has solved the issue for me :thumbup:

--------------------

:cookiemonster: Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: Why 'Psychedelic People' and the Psychedelic Movement Sucks:elmo:

:awesomenod: Easiest No-Pour Agar Method: Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers:awesomenod:

InvisibleMr. Alien
I will abduct andprobe your anus
 User Gallery

Loc: Star Wars Galaxy
    #27003952 - 10/26/20 02:13 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

damn, that have never happened to me before like that and i always screw them all the way closed :shrug: should i remove that from the OP? Maybe 18 PSI is too much?

I will modify the OP, then. Screw the lids a slightly loose.

Edited by Mr. Alien (10/26/20 02:19 AM)

Offlinekarri0n
Mind Traveller
Male User Gallery

Re: Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers. [Re: Doctor Mario]
    #27004392 - 10/26/20 10:54 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Doctor Mario said:
Should I have left the lids slightly unscrewed on these? I had 2 plates that warped like this and they were both on the very bottom of the stack. Thr only thing I did differently was PC for an hour at 18psi. Would 1 psi really make that much of a difference?

I had this happen with one. I think it has to do with slight variations in manufacturing, and a few end up actually airtight. I have noticed a couple of my plates that don't work with the "shake trick" unless the lid is unsealed first as well.

--------------------

Panaeolus Bisporus

InvisibleRhizomorph
Psychedelic Researcher
Other

Re: Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers. [Re: karri0n]
    #27004558 - 10/26/20 12:27 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

None of mine have warped as bad as Dr. Mario's plate but running 20 of them through the PC had about 4 of them come out mildly warped my first run through. Unscrewing the lids slightly has prevented this from re-occurring since then.

I think mentioning to slightly unscrew, say an 1/8 of a turn in the OP isn't a bad idea

--------------------

Edited by Rhizomorph (10/26/20 12:28 PM)

InvisibleRhizomorph
Psychedelic Researcher
Other

#27004565 - 10/26/20 12:31 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

karri0n said:
I have noticed a couple of my plates that don't work with the "shake trick" unless the lid is unsealed first as well.

Do you have the "defective" lid ones? All of mine have the "defective" lid and I can do it for all of them. I wonder if the other style make the shake trick more difficult.

I'm glad you found a way to make it work for ya nonetheless :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinekarri0n
Mind Traveller
Male User Gallery

#27005442 - 10/26/20 09:20 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Rhizomorph said:

Do you have the "defective" lid ones? All of mine have the "defective" lid and I can do it for all of them. I wonder if the other style make the shake trick more difficult.

I'm glad you found a way to make it work for ya nonetheless :thumbup:

I'm not gonna call them defective lid ones any more - the ones in the 20 pack are definitely the same as the ones in the 8 pack, at least these days.

Anyway, the only two I have seen that end up with a true full seal where I cannot shake it out came from the 20 pack. I just unscrew them the very tiniest bit to "unlock" them. I do this before the PC for all of them since getting one with a concave top out of the PC.

--------------------

Panaeolus Bisporus

InvisibleRhizomorph
Psychedelic Researcher
Other

#27005533 - 10/26/20 10:48 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

karri0n said:
I'm not gonna call them defective lid ones any more - the ones in the 20 pack are definitely the same as the ones in the 8 pack, at least these days.

I'm with ya!

Quote:

karri0n said:
Anyway, the only two I have seen that end up with a true full seal where I cannot shake it out came from the 20 pack. I just unscrew them the very tiniest bit to "unlock" them. I do this before the PC for all of them since getting one with a concave top out of the PC.

Oh I think I get what you mean. I thought you meant that with the lid screwed on fully, but without a seal, you couldn't do the shake trick. Yeah just unscrewing them before pressure cooking & preventing a seal from forming allows the shake trick to work :thumbup:

--------------------

Edited by Rhizomorph (10/26/20 10:48 PM)

OfflineCamera93
We got dicks like Jesus
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
    #27031131 - 11/10/20 06:54 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

has anyone recorded a SAB or flow session with these plates?

I bought a bunch, felt a little clumsy working with them in the box and just kept with pouring plates

but the last couple days of trying to get some plates poured in a short timeframe has left me wishing I could just make up some no pours and have the GF run the cycle while I'm at work or something to save time

--------------------
All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I’m fine.

Whatever you decide won’t really impact our survival
Close your eyes, and do the best that you can

Offlinekarri0n
Mind Traveller
Male User Gallery

Re: Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers. [Re: Camera93]
    #27031219 - 11/10/20 08:28 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Camera93 said:
has anyone recorded a SAB or flow session with these plates?

I bought a bunch, felt a little clumsy working with them in the box and just kept with pouring plates

but the last couple days of trying to get some plates poured in a short timeframe has left me wishing I could just make up some no pours and have the GF run the cycle while I'm at work or something to save time

I make up 20+ at a time and have them sitting around for if I get inspired to swipe some spores or clone something, in addition to them being ready when it's transfer time. The convenience is an absolute advantage.

Like anything they take time to get used to developing your technique around. Making sure you fully unscrew the lid and it's not caught on the last thread before flaming the scalpel is the biggest gotcha I think.

I think the taller walls than pertis and/or the complex path through the threads also help with contam in comparison with petri dishes.

If you're used to pour, you can end up disappointed by the clarity through the tops on these.

To me, not needing to parafilm/ plastic wrap dishes alone is enough to keep using these.

--------------------

Panaeolus Bisporus

OfflineCamera93
We got dicks like Jesus
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
    #27031231 - 11/10/20 08:37 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

No I get the appeal of these for sure. I started with the glad mini rounds and moved over to pour

I have used these HG plates a few times, I'm just really looking for some handholding lol and wanna view someone working with these

idc about the clarity and condensation and all those non issues tbh, its the actually handling of them when working I want to see.

someone can type out their procedure all day, but a pic or short clip of the box set up or session in progress would be worth a million words to me

--------------------
All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I’m fine.

Whatever you decide won’t really impact our survival
Close your eyes, and do the best that you can

Invisiblemayan
Atavist
 User Gallery
Loc: by the window where the l...
Re: Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers. [Re: Camera93]
    #27031492 - 11/10/20 11:44 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Mr. Alien posted a video on 12/11/19 in which he's working fron of his flowhood doing agar transfers. 

--------------------
Exuberance is Beauty - Wm. Blake

Offlinejomanda1990
Ewewazos
Male User Gallery

Loc: Argentina Flag
Re: Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers. [Re: mayan]
    #27047879 - 11/19/20 06:46 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Aight I've just ordered a bunch of these from the beebee website.
I am surprised to see that a 30 USD order gets free shipping from FedEx (it says it will arrive in about 7 working days)

Is this legit? Anyone know how in the world they ship this for free with an expensive courier like FedEx?

I'm soo excited to get these and finally get to work with some PESA spores I have lying around since forever. Oh and also start cloning more
The worst part of working with agar for me was the freaking parafilm inside the SAB. Absolutely hate it, but I could not get Pastyplates and the only PP5 containers I could get here were absolute trash. I mean, they got the job done for me a couple times but they have literally 0 visibility. I'll use them for kitchen stuff from now on as soon as I get these holy grail containers.

Thanks a lot for all the experimentation guys... this community is truly amazing

--------------------

Edited by jomanda1990 (11/19/20 06:47 PM)

Offlinejomanda1990
Ewewazos
Male User Gallery

Loc: Argentina Flag
Re: Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers. [Re: jomanda1990]
    #27048468 - 11/20/20 07:27 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

well, I just got a tracking No. from them and it's indeed shipping by FedEx and scheduled to arrive Dec. 1st.

This is awesome!

--------------------

OfflineThreads2theSoul
Inquirer
Female User Gallery

Re: Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers. [Re: jomanda1990]
    #27062061 - 11/28/20 06:59 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Newb questions wanting to understand what has happened.

I'm just starting out and decided to start with agar - I made up some LME, poured into 12 HGs, stacked 6 high taking care they were all aligned, covered with quart jars, PCd for 1 hour at 15-17psi (would 30 minutes have been better?) and followed cooling instructions. Condensation wasn't too bad, the nice blue coloring I had added disappeared though, going back to the color it was before adding. I'll try adding more food coloring next time, although I had added 1/2 of one of those little bottles (maybe there are different types of food coloring).

Two HGs had what looked like fine dark sand on the bottom and, they didn't set up. Any idea why?

I mixed the LME in room temp water until throughly dissolved (or so I thought). In a separate bowl I added the agar to water, stirred, microwaved 30 seconds, stirred, repeated until the liquid looked clear being careful not to let it boil. Then I added the two together and stirred some more.

It was hard to tell if everything was dissolved with the liquid being cloudy, or was it supposed to be water-like clear? Judging by the sediment in those two containers I'm assuming the ingredients were not totally dissolved. But why would all the HGs set up except those two?

InvisibleJHOVA
Post whore
Male User Gallery

Re: Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers. [Re: Threads2theSoul]
    #27062067 - 11/28/20 07:03 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

i left about 6 completely sealed containers for a few months. came back to black mold on them.

--------------------
πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό    πŸ„² πŸ„» πŸ„Έ πŸ„½ πŸ„Ά πŸ…† πŸ… πŸ„° πŸ„Ώ

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers. [Re: JHOVA]
    #27062255 - 11/28/20 10:55 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Mold spores can do some nifty maneuvers to get wherever they want, you just have to give it enough time. These particles simply don't act like we logically assume they would. IME I have found that all PP5 containers are fallible and not truly hermetic, doesn't matter the size or whether they're screw-on or snap-on type.

That being said, what a fucking great tek Alien. I just wish I could get these where I am.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags