Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineStuckInTheLoop
Stranger
3rd trip * 1
    #26371443 - 12/09/19 07:08 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Had my 3rd trip ever this morning I wouldn't say it was bad or good in a way I enjoyed it. This trip brought up the fact that I'm poor and a recovering meth addict. I felt so fucking bad about having been addicted to meth and I had these insane thoughts where I was comparing Crystal meth to mushrooms. Not in a way that make mushrooms look bad because it's obvious that meth is worse. It's almost like the mushrooms were telling me that you think meth was powerful just look at me.

Another few things that really stood out was this thought of a perfect mushroom standing tall and perfect. It was so beautiful and sexy. Seriously, I cannot get over that thought.At the end of the trip I felt like a complete badass like I was the man. I think in reality it was the mushroom letting me know what it felt like to have confidence again.

I was told only smart people should use psychedelics cause the trip is useless if you can't understand what the trip is telling you. I don't know if I agree with that are not. But there were times in the trip where I felt that they were telling me stuff but wasn't explaining what I was supposed to know and it became frustrating. Just thought I would share.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAntigov
Male

Loc: Deep within the BibleBelt Flag
Re: 3rd trip [Re: StuckInTheLoop] * 1
    #26371486 - 12/09/19 07:24 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

I don’t subscribe to only smart people should use psychedelic, us dumb people have the right to use psychedelic too.

OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

Loc: Underworld
Re: 3rd trip [Re: StuckInTheLoop]
    #26372589 - 12/10/19 09:54 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

StuckInTheLoop said:
I was told only smart people should use psychedelics cause the trip is useless if you can't understand what the trip is telling you.

This is relative. What is "smart"?

When I was younger, before I had my ego checked, I thought I was one of the smartest people around. This made me an arrogant asshole. Then, when I was put face to face with my ego on my first trip, I came to realize how much of an ass I was. And I realized that I wasn't nearly as "smart" as I thought I was. And I was happy to be humbled. Now I realize that everyone contains wisdom. It is true that some people want nothing to do with exploring their wisdom, they rather spend their life in front of a T.V for example. But this doesn't mean they aren't capable of expressing great wisdom. Perhaps psychedelics can help some of them. Others can be helped by other things. Or maybe there is nothing to "help" and their way of life is just a right, "smart" and valid as anyone else's.

Who knows, life is a wonderful mystery.

Long story short, psychedelics aren't just for smart people. I think the only real requirement to put on it is to be somewhat educated in what they are so that you have a better understanding of what to expect (just for harm reduction purposes).

Good luck on your journey and hope you have a safe and swift recovery, mush love :heart:

Edit: And the idea that there is something specific to "understand" is malarkey. Each trip is different and can have vastly different lessons. 

--------------------
“When a man is just born, he is weak and flexible. When he dies, he is hard and insensitive. When a tree is growing, it's tender and pliant. But when it's dry and hard, it dies. Hardness and strength are death's companions. Pliancy and weakness are expressions of the freshness of being. Because what has hardened will never win.”

- Andrei Tarkovsy, Stalker

Edited by Socrateshroom (12/10/19 09:56 AM)

OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

Loc: GPS signal lost.. Flag
Re: 3rd trip [Re: Socrateshroom]
    #26372680 - 12/10/19 10:54 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Well, first let me be the one to congratulate you on your path to recovery. I know its difficult, but you've just had an experience that shined down some knowledge on you about your situation. A lot of people that are in recovery have never touched mushrooms. You on the other hand, now have received a different type of therapy that a lot will never encounter. Espically with something that is extremely havoc on quality of life.

Anyway.. I'm more than sure the mushrooms introduced you to feelings and emotions towards your past.. which is the best way to deal with things opposed to putting them on the back burner. I know what you mean about comparing the drugs. Sometimes I felt guilty about tripping. But then I remember there's literally nothing to be ashamed of.

People go out socially to bars and get tanked and waste a whole following day recovering from a few hours of drinking pretty much straight poison. Or the billions of people who smoke cigarettes. Those are all okay in society's eyes. But once you talk about psychedelics everyone loses their shit:lol:

Use this experience as a crutch in furthering your sobriety of meth. Mushrooms guided me through quitting smoking. Now, I know meth & cigarettes are apples and oranges... but it's still a  addiction.. and an easy one to feed. The mushrooms (well myself) told me that I needed to quit. I was smoking a cigarette mid-trip.. and threw it away.. took my pack and tossed it. Haven't touched them since.

The mushrooms will NOT do the work for you. They will simply give you a lens, that you can perceive what you're doing/ have done. Past or present. Then, it's up to YOU to do the work. They're a tool.. not the solution.

Please use what you've gained from some of your insights and transition it into your every day life. The "stupid vs smart" thing is a stigma. It's stupid of one NOT to utilize the insights into their every day lives. The dumb ones go back to doing whatever they were doing after their trip even though they confronted that it's an issue and need to fix it.

IQ's and textbooks don't make you smart(in the type of knowledge I'm trying to get at) Learning life lessons is what makes you smart. Touch a burning log once, shame on you. Touch it twice, you're the dummy.

Don't cloud your quality of life with something so heavy and degrading to your body. Break free of those chains.. you create and manifest what you desire. Your life will increase 10 fold when you no longer match to the rhythm of someone else's beat.

Keep on strong brother. You got this.

--------------------
:greyalien:

OfflineStuckInTheLoop
Stranger
Re: 3rd trip [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #26374524 - 12/11/19 09:44 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Vibe_Enthusiast said:
Well, first let me be the one to congratulate you on your path to recovery. I know its difficult, but you've just had an experience that shined down some knowledge on you about your situation. A lot of people that are in recovery have never touched mushrooms. You on the other hand, now have received a different type of therapy that a lot will never encounter. Espically with something that is extremely havoc on quality of life.

Anyway.. I'm more than sure the mushrooms introduced you to feelings and emotions towards your past.. which is the best way to deal with things opposed to putting them on the back burner. I know what you mean about comparing the drugs. Sometimes I felt guilty about tripping. But then I remember there's literally nothing to be ashamed of.

People go out socially to bars and get tanked and waste a whole following day recovering from a few hours of drinking pretty much straight poison. Or the billions of people who smoke cigarettes. Those are all okay in society's eyes. But once you talk about psychedelics everyone loses their shit:lol:

Use this experience as a crutch in furthering your sobriety of meth. Mushrooms guided me through quitting smoking. Now, I know meth & cigarettes are apples and oranges... but it's still a  addiction.. and an easy one to feed. The mushrooms (well myself) told me that I needed to quit. I was smoking a cigarette mid-trip.. and threw it away.. took my pack and tossed it. Haven't touched them since.

The mushrooms will NOT do the work for you. They will simply give you a lens, that you can perceive what you're doing/ have done. Past or present. Then, it's up to YOU to do the work. They're a tool.. not the solution.

Please use what you've gained from some of your insights and transition it into your every day life. The "stupid vs smart" thing is a stigma. It's stupid of one NOT to utilize the insights into their every day lives. The dumb ones go back to doing whatever they were doing after their trip even though they confronted that it's an issue and need to fix it.

IQ's and textbooks don't make you smart(in the type of knowledge I'm trying to get at) Learning life lessons is what makes you smart. Touch a burning log once, shame on you. Touch it twice, you're the dummy.

Don't cloud your quality of life with something so heavy and degrading to your body. Break free of those chains.. you create and manifest what you desire. Your life will increase 10 fold when you no longer match to the rhythm of someone else's beat.

Keep on strong brother. You got this.

Thank you! After my very first mushroom trip I haven't had the desire to use at all. I like to think it's due to the mushrooms taking me to places in my mind and mixing that with the the drugs making me very uncomfortable. I think it's pretty cool the user can experience the addiction recovery taking place. There's nothing like it!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience