Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKorean Jesus
Kanye West 2020 🇺🇸
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
How much mushrooms to ego death?
    #26367607 - 12/07/19 08:35 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

I did 5g and I didn't even get close. How much would one have to take to have absolutely no perception of self?

--------------------
:rastamon::getstoned::rastamon:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShroomhunts
Hunter Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: PA
Re: How much mushrooms to ego death? [Re: Korean Jesus]
    #26367644 - 12/07/19 08:53 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Depends on the potency and you. I'd say get a bag of gold caps and start munching till you get there if that's what you are looking for

--------------------

You never kno

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#26367649 - 12/07/19 08:56 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Korean Jesus said:
I did 5g and I didn't even get close. How much would one have to take to have absolutely no perception of self?

5g+ does it for most people. 5g+ of average potency mushrooms will have most folks pretty well "dissolved" .

It is possible that your mushrooms are relatively weak and/or you have a high "natural tolerance" to psychedelics and you require much larger doses than most people.

-OM

--------------------

InvisibleSmartattackS
C'mon man
 User Gallery

Loc: A thought
Re: How much mushrooms to ego death? [Re: openmind]
    #26367662 - 12/07/19 09:00 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Nobody can tell you this. I know people that go to the post office on 5g.

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
Re: How much mushrooms to ego death? [Re: openmind] * 1
    #26367666 - 12/07/19 09:02 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

IMO, set and setting have a large impact on achieving a non dual state.

I personally can't have much of anything going on around me, no music or lights or people for gods sakes. Usually happens in near darkness or with eyes closed with heavy intention of introspection until there's no more self to examine.

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

Edited by HamHead (12/08/19 12:15 AM)

OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

Loc: GPS signal lost.. Flag
Re: How much mushrooms to ego death? [Re: HamHead]
    #26367745 - 12/07/19 09:44 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Very true. Even on smaller doses I am able to get pretty lost if there's no distractions. 

But I will always listen to music while I trip. Never will go without music

--------------------
:greyalien:

OfflineKorean Jesus
Kanye West 2020 🇺🇸
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
    #26367766 - 12/07/19 09:51 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

openmind said:
Quote:

Korean Jesus said:

5g+ does it for most people. 5g+ of average potency mushrooms will have most folks pretty well "dissolved" .

It is possible that your mushrooms are relatively weak and/or you have a high "natural tolerance" to psychedelics and you require much larger doses than most people.

-OM

It was very intense for me so I don't think this is the case. I saw many things like my life playing out before my eyes, but I always recognized I was me.

--------------------
:rastamon::getstoned::rastamon:

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#26367787 - 12/07/19 10:04 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:

I personally can't have much of anything going on around me, no music or lights or people for gods sakes. Usually happens in near darkness or with eyes closed with heavy intention of introspection until there's so more self to examine.

:werd:  And this, totally.^

Set & setting can go a long way in taking one to that point .

Certain settings can be an "anchor" while others can be much more conducive to reaching such a state.

I mean I don't have much doubt that there is a certain point in the dosage for everyone where they will be laid out and wiped out regardless of where their body is at or what's going on around them...but set & setting & intention can do a lot for catalyzing such a thing with a relatively lower dose.

-OM

--------------------

Offlinegrati
Explorer
Male

#26367826 - 12/07/19 10:31 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

I read your 5g trip report. You have weak shrooms, I get similar trips like yours on like 2g. It gets much more intense than that, trust me.

Right now I have not so good cubes, but I worked with very potent ones and I needed like 4-5g for ego death (not ego dissolve but full ego death!). Yeah, I've experienced it. The real thing

--------------------
The eyes are useless when the mind is blind

:trippinballs: Candyflipping :omgawesome:

Edited by grati (12/07/19 10:32 PM)

InvisibleR.I.P.Zappa
Myco Melyco

Loc: In Between Space and Time Flag
    #26367901 - 12/07/19 11:20 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

You're way of quickly delivering the actives can play role as well.
I am sure many will agree that you want those tryptamines taking over ASAP within the first hour if you want to actually go somewhere with cubes without beating around the substrate.

:teareally:

--------------------
-The heaviest thing one will ever carry is a thought-
-"Like a Blind man In an orgy you gotta feel things out.".-
-When we agree about our hallucinations, we call it “reality".-
-If you defy authority because your told to, that's no better than blindly trusting authority.-

psychonautwiki.org

How it should & shouldn't look - NEW CULTIVATORS GUIDE
BOD's Easy AF OAT prep tek.
Principles of mushroom growing for beginners

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male

Loc: UK Flag
Re: How much mushrooms to ego death? [Re: grati]
    #26368270 - 12/08/19 05:15 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

I briefly got an ego death on Friday night from 3.7g dry Psilocybe cubensis B+!

Getting really different trips from the same dose same batch same settings; in the house alone with my two dogs. The trips are at two week intervals. This last one I knew was really surprisingly strong for 3.7g by 30 minutes in. Standing at the back door, the dark sky was covered in fractals, the houses were bright colourful and misshapen. And the clouds morphed into a Michelin Man type creature with a mouthful of razor teeth that then leans down and starts eating the sky and houses. I had to go inside and get my blanket.

The next hour I was keeping myself composed and discussing internally to let myself go. As soon as I did, I was no longer in the living room; I was floating in the darkness of eternity realising I exist simply as consciousness.

But then a couple of years back I took 8g dry Golden Teachers and did not get anywhere near ego death, though with hindsight I was resisting!

Just my personal thoughts trip team!

Take care,
DJ Ed.

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

Offlinegrowbit
Stranger

Re: How much mushrooms to ego death? [Re: DJ Ed]
    #26374845 - 12/11/19 01:12 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Honest answer, I got there with a specific combination:

1. 5 grams of strong mushrooms blended with lemon juice and left for 15 minutes before consumption
2. Smoking a very strong bowl of high quality cannabis about 20-30 minutes in when visuals were starting.
3. A very specific ritual of lying on my bed in the dark and meditating while the effects took hold.

Also, very important: fast on the day, meditate daily for 1 week before, abstain from sex if you can, eat vegan if you can, and drink plenty of water. Preparing the body is as important as preparing the mind, and you will go as deep as the universe will allow. The final point is that there is *always* a decision in every trip to go through the doorway or not, and the decision involves letting go of yourself and everything you think you know, and letting it take hold and take you away to the place of no-self. This is how you get there.

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: How much mushrooms to ego death? [Re: growbit]
    #26374989 - 12/11/19 02:25 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

OP, the more I read your posts the more do I believe that smoking DMT is what you want.
DMT is closely related to mushrooms, psilocin is 4-ho-dmt.
But unlike mushrooms, DMT can be smoked for an instant rush. Smoked dmt can get you far far out, way deeper than mushrooms are capable of.
The smoked trip lasts only 15 to 20min or so, but it doesn't build up a tolerance so you can trip everyday or multiple times a day.

:alphabrain:

DMT can be extracted from legal plants easily. It's a few days of work only. Basically mixing three ingredients with water, suck up the upper layer the next day, let freeze overnight, done.
This way a gram is like 5 to 8 bucks, and as a full trip is less then 50 mg only, a single gram of dmt is like 20 to 50 trips.

With shrooms it's hard to say how much you need to get ego death. Forcing ego death usually leads to a rough time. Let things happen, if it happens then it happens.
I once ate 14g of shrooms in one session, and got pretty far out. Ego death, I don't know. I was no longer in my physical body, but I was still me.
On smoked dmt, with ~100mg in one big hit, I was completly ripped appart. Didn't know who I was, where I was, what beeing is, what time is, life made no sense, I made no sense..
Comming back to my body and realizing that I am me was very strange.
That was ego death for sure.
I oly experienced this confusing state of mind on smoked dmt so far.

-

Offlineenamored
I'm a teapot

#26375059 - 12/11/19 03:15 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

man I am such a little bitch, 3.5 completely fucks my world (ego death layin' on my? futon)

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
    #26375074 - 12/11/19 03:22 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Korean Jesus said:

Such a noob question. So sick of the term ego death. Its way too broad of a thing to be defined. Theres degrees of ego death. I wish that term would just die.

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Offlinefootpath
ὕδωρχοίρος

Re: How much mushrooms to ego death? [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #26375137 - 12/11/19 03:54 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Seconded.

You don't go on your first bike ride and say, 'well, non-bike-ride me is dead now.'

Just because it's common to feel like you've dissipated, it's quite inane to consider that anything close to dying or losing a part of yourself.
In fact, like your new bike skills, you come out the other side having gained something.

But to address the OP - like almost everything else pertaining to a complex biotic individual, bio-individuality will present unique set of factors. Asking 'how much' will only ever reveal inconsistencies that further lead you astray.
Just take shit and see where it goes - if it doesn't go as far as you wanted it to, take more of that shit.

OfflineLosTresOjos
Humano
I'm a teapot
Loc: Hurling Through Space
Re: How much mushrooms to ego death? [Re: footpath]
    #26375305 - 12/11/19 05:29 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

It's hard to induce. Possible but not easy.

5g will do it for me usually. Unless the mushrooms are lacking. It's unmistakable when it does. Like they said, silent darkness helps, weed can help if your into that.

Lol it shouldn't be a goal, if you get there you'll see how meaningless the pursuit was. It's a natural thing that occurs when messing around with psychedelics.

OfflineSizlChest
Padawan
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
    #26375336 - 12/11/19 05:40 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

bout tree fiddy

--------------------
PrimalSoup's Tea Tek

"I always say the tea is like eating a burning tire covered in dog shit while someone steps on your nuts. Good luck!"
"Hell, shrooms have blown up from under me and kicked my ass on 2 grams once."
"I think ill eat some shrooms right about now, and ill continue to until it doesnt feel like the right thing to do."

OfflineSizlChest
Padawan
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
    #26375342 - 12/11/19 05:41 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:

I personally can't have much of anything going on around me, no music or lights or people for gods sakes. Usually happens in near darkness or with eyes closed with heavy intention of introspection until there's no more self to examine.

:whathesaid:

When you look in with no distractions of any kind, your mind can go to amazing places, and conjure amazing things.

--------------------
PrimalSoup's Tea Tek

"I always say the tea is like eating a burning tire covered in dog shit while someone steps on your nuts. Good luck!"
"Hell, shrooms have blown up from under me and kicked my ass on 2 grams once."
"I think ill eat some shrooms right about now, and ill continue to until it doesnt feel like the right thing to do."

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: How much mushrooms to ego death? [Re: footpath]
    #26375587 - 12/11/19 07:20 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

footpath said:
Seconded.

You don't go on your first bike ride and say, 'well, non-bike-ride me is dead now.'

Just because it's common to feel like you've dissipated, it's quite inane to consider that anything close to dying or losing a part of yourself.
In fact, like your new bike skills, you come out the other side having gained something.

But to address the OP - like almost everything else pertaining to a complex biotic individual, bio-individuality will present unique set of factors. Asking 'how much' will only ever reveal inconsistencies that further lead you astray.
Just take shit and see where it goes - if it doesn't go as far as you wanted it to, take more of that shit.

Awesome post.

I guess what i am trying to say, is that there is no "ego-death" built into psychedelics. its not like you can have "Ego death" on 4 grams then everytime you take 4 grams you have "ego death." to keep the the example on bike riding...its not like theres a bunny hop in the psych experience that you can actually do and accomplish. Someone else's bunny hop is another mans wheely. feeling a loss of sense of self can happen on any dose and then it may not even happen on smoked dmt. what psychs teach you is that there is no ego in the end...so how can something die if it never existed? when i hear "Ego death" i immediately think  :underage:

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience