Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEgoTripping
journeyman
3 friends, 3/8th's, and a lake: A Trip Report (w/pics)
    #2629023 - 05/02/04 07:41 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Long, but worth it, I think. :joint:

The day started beautifully, stopping off to get some food and then quickly to the lake to begin the adventure. We got the cabin, hit the restrooms, and then decided to not waste any time and eat. We started to trek around the lake.

Katherine and Dave started coming up really fast, while mine lagged. Since I just shroomed about 10 days ago, I was afraid of not tripping too hard, or at all. We decided to keep wandering around, and I noticed I started to yawn a bit. I closed my eyes and got some patterning, but that was it. The moment I knew I was starting to trip somewhat was when my own voice sounded foreign and weird. I also couldn't think straight at all, as if my thoughts were as stationary as the wind.

After stopping off at some weird looking rocks, we located a great little spot off the trail.

We sat down on the rock and let the trip start to sink in. The wind kicked up and blew Katherines hat off into the rocks. We thought we lost it (and it was Dave's special hat), but I managed to get it with a stick and Katherine pulled it out from beneathe the rock using another stick. This was an incredibly daunting task at the time, and we felt like fucking champions when it was completed, not caring that someone sober would have done it in 1/3 of the time.

Around this moment was when I really started to trip.

I sat back up on the rock and took a look around me...The view we had was about 60 ft. from the Lake water, and had 3 mountain ranges surrounding it, rocky ones to either side and one bare in the middle, behind the first two and in the distance a bit. The mountains become a much brighter orange around the rocky areas were all 'converging' into the middle.

The sky was a deep, deep saturated blue, which started to patterning and twisting rainbows all throughout it. I lied back a few times just to watch the sky, but had to stop due to the overwhelmingly swirl of colors and patterns, almost made me nauseous.

One of the best parts of this trip was the absence of music. Normally I always trip with music around me, and that usually makes the trip. But this time, all I had was the sound of water lapping and hitting the rocks, the wind blowing past my ear, the rustling and swaying of trees and leaves, and my favorite, the constant songs of the birds. The area we picked suddenly stopped being this random occurance of nature, and began to piece together into this elaborate clockwork of events. Every single sound and sight was planned and meant to happen exactly at the moment it did. Birds (eagles, vultures, cranes, crows, and hummingbirds) would dart and drift through the blue sky, leaving a myriad of trails in their flight. Many times, it seemed as if the birds were flying in their own personal "tunnels" of time and space, and their flight was nothing less than majestic.

Katherine eventually went wandering and exploring, leaving Dave and I to sit and chat a bit. After a while we decided to join her and trekked our way across the 60 ft (which seemed much longer at the time) of shrubbery to get to her. Once we did, I situated myself again on a rock and took in the enviroment from my new vantage point. It was even more incredible, and the trip was starting to peak now, as the world around me became a breathing, swirling, magical little pocket of existance. I never knew the intrisic connection you obtain with shrooming in nature, but now I do. It's far beyond the justice of any spoken or written words, and is so overwhelmingly beautiful, it must be felt. This sense of peace I had while sitting in this spot was and is unmatched to any stage of my life thus far.

Katherine and Dave both decided they were in need of some food, beer, and water, so we decided to head back to camp, thinking the trip was mostly over (as it felt like hours). The trek back was just as fun, and I decided to lag behind a bit and explore. At one point, I picked a small flower and held it in my hands as I walked, feeling the misc. textures. I started to roll it between and my fingertips and was astounded at the level of detail this dime sized yellow flower had. It broke down what seemed to be like a thousand pieces, and in my state of mind and even now, extremely significant about how we see the world, or what we don't see, to be more specific.

When we arrived back at camp, some people in the cabin next to us were playing some ZZ Top, which sounded good. I was still tripping like crazy, but definately coming down since I could speak now. We decided to crack open a few brews and relax. I grabbed the guitar and sat outside, tripping, drinking, jamming and soaking up the warm afternoon. Every thing seemed so calm and collective, and the visuals were still going strong. I sat on one of the bunk beds, waving my hand around, amazed at the time length the trails would stay. After about 30 mins though, we decided to not stay overnight since we were so tired and head back home.

This is where the trip started to get a bit weird. The ride home started really well and exciting, but none of us realized how much we were tripping. Dave decided to break out the weed, and I had the bubbler stashed in my bag in the back, beneathe all the crap. I started digging through them, and finally got it. We started packing the first bowls when Dave asked us to stop IMMEDIATELY as there was a cop behind us. After the cop passed, we starting lighting up again. At this point, I was at the maximum adrenaline level. Music going, shrooming, smoking, a bunch of kids out doing drugs on the road, about to do more drugs. I felt I was in the middle of some movie. This period of carelessness came to a quick end however when I noticed Dave driving a little erratically, speeding, tailgating, and cutting people off. Suddenly, the vibes in the car changed dramatically. I got these flashes and visions of us getting into an accident, and the sinking feeling of the reality of it.

Dave was driving terrible, and I realized how much the trip was still in effect. Katherine noticed this as well. Something at that point was saying "Lars, if you don't change circumstances RIGHT NOW, you won't see the end to this day." And at the same time, I felt something saying, "You wanted excitement, now feel the consequences of it." Even thought it was awkward, I called David out on his shit, and told him he that if he couldn't drive to pull the fuck over, and either let me drive or just relax. I realized he was still shrooming, had 2 beers down, and a few bowls. The vibes turned very negative, and it was high-strung for quite some time. Dave was still driving obviously badly, missing exits, turns, and still cutting people off. Eventually, things mellowed out and we got home safely. Once home, we all talked about it, and realized that it was only 7pm when we got home. Since we ate the mushrooms at 2pm, that means we WERE still tripping, and were tripping even more when he was driving home. After some awkwardness though, things turned out OK, Dave apologized, and all was well.

This trip was by far the most enjoyable, despite the scare towards the end. One cool thing, I finally did pinpoint the visual effect the mushroom gives and leaves on you: a swirling/curled up rainbow. I noticed this effect takes over everything, and lingers for hours after the trip. It covers everything, and seems to work on a large scale like the sky and the mountain scapes, all the way down to the smallest details on a rock. This trip was a learning experience, with lessons learned through good and bad circumstances and really gave me a reality check when I needed one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: 3 friends, 3/8th's, and a lake: A Trip Report (w/pics) [Re: EgoTripping]
    #2629215 - 05/02/04 08:19 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

By 3/8ths, do you mean that each one of you took 1/8th?

Beautiful pictures too, and nice trip report. Don't drive tripping though, that's a good plan to get a bad trip, injuries and arrested.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineEgoTripping
journeyman
Re: 3 friends, 3/8th's, and a lake: A Trip Report (w/pics) [Re: Ravus]
    #2629337 - 05/02/04 08:42 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks dude. Yea, we took one 8th each.

We din't even realize what time it was, and I trusted Dave wouldn't have endangered us knowing he couldn't drive. I know better now, that's for sure.

OfflineFatVsAsia
missing thehappy days...

Loc: Bolinas, California
    #2629400 - 05/02/04 08:57 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

great trip report... glad you had fun

--------------------
Smoke The Weed

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #2630446 - 05/03/04 12:47 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Gorgeous pictures, I'm jealous.

Glad you had a blast, I enjoyed reading your trip report !

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Offlinetrippysmurf
Smurfette'sSugar Daddy

#2630709 - 05/03/04 02:42 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

:shocked:  That's absolutely beautiful.  I'm so jealous.

--------------------
I like your Christ, but I do not like Christians - they are so unlike Christ. -Gandhi

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

#2630872 - 05/03/04 06:58 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Great Post.  Loved the pictures of your experience.  The last part with the guy driving recklessly reminds me of a friend who was driving while tripping and saw giant holes in the ground and proceeded to swerve all over the damn place.  Scary.  Happy trails.  :smile:

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

OfflineNickatina
journeyman
Male
Loc: Bay Area, California.
    #2632355 - 05/03/04 02:44 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

where is that lake?

--------------------
"Make the most of the hemp seed, Sow it everywhere" -George Washington

Offline0xYg3n
topdawg
 User Gallery

#2632685 - 05/03/04 03:43 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

lol good report............. and yeah very jealous

OfflineEgoTripping
journeyman
Re: 3 friends, 3/8th's, and a lake: A Trip Report (w/pics) [Re: 0xYg3n]
    #2636230 - 05/04/04 08:29 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

The lake is here in San Diego, CA. It's called Lake Morena. Don't be jealous people, I'm sure there are some prime tripping nature locals where you live too! This lake is only about 1 hour east of San Diego.

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

#2636662 - 05/04/04 12:03 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I live in Maine, the whole state is a great nature setting. Beautiful.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
    #2636930 - 05/04/04 01:25 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Wow. I bet that was a blast! I'm going up to Lake McConaughy with my friend this summer and a whole bunch of shrooms and some ayahuasca. I wish I could take pictures, yours rule man. :mushroom2:

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Re: 3 friends, 3/8th's, and a lake: A Trip Report (w/pics) [Re: Ravus]
    #2640881 - 05/05/04 09:02 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, thanks for posting that. You made me cry! What a beautiful day. You are lucky.

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #2641461 - 05/05/04 11:52 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Wow..Beautiful pics, awesome report!!

OfflineEgoTripping
journeyman
Re: 3 friends, 3/8th's, and a lake: A Trip Report (w/pics) [Re: ekomstop]
    #2641963 - 05/05/04 02:18 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

You guys are too kind! I didn't think it was that great of a write up either, hehe.

Does anybody happen to know what I mean by the 'curly rainbow' effect though?

OfflineIrijes
Dankwoman
 User Gallery

Loc: Happy Trails
    #2643185 - 05/05/04 08:42 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Great report. Nature and shrooms are definetly an awesome combo. Driving and mushies, bad. I could never do that, I tried it once and had to pull over because all of a sudden it was Mario Kart in real life. I'm glad you all made it home safe. Happy tripping, kiddo.

--------------------
"Apparently there is a great discovery or insight which our culture is deliberately designed to supress, distort and ignore. That is that Nature is some kind of minded entity. That Nature is not simply the random flight of atoms through electromagnetic fields. Nature is not the empty, despiritualized lumpen matter that we inherit from modern physics. But it is instead a kind of intelligence, a kind of mind."

-Terence McKenna

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies