Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJimbosChoice
Stranger
Male

Questions about growing Lactarius Rufus
    #26360824 - 12/04/19 11:43 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Hey guys, thank you for taking the time to ready my post. I came across a rather curious mushroom while looking up different edible species and was wondering if anyone had experience growing, eating, or any general knowledge on the Lactarius Rufus.  I did a search for the name of this mushroom in the site search bar and there was only one post from 2010 about it being edible at all. I believe I saw one of these in the wild a month or two ago where I live in Washington State, but did not harvest it. Has anyone ever seen or heard of someone growing these? Reading the wiki page, they might do well on Pine sawdust, which is in abundance here in WA. I think it could be cool to have a "condiment mushroom". What do you guys think? Would this even be a species I could get spores or a culture for or is it so out of the ordinary? This video is where I first heard about them. Been curious about them ever since! I love spicy food and think they could be a very cool mushroom to experiment with in a dry powdered form to add some healthy heat :crazy2:. Cheers!

Edited by JimbosChoice (12/04/19 11:44 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleinskiM
Cortinariologist
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Questions about growing Lactarius Rufus [Re: JimbosChoice]
    #26360861 - 12/04/19 12:02 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

The Genus Lactarius is ectomycorrhizal so it requires a tree host to form a symbiotic relationship for mushrooms to form, some Lactarius species have been cultured and successfully grown but it is quite difficult.

I suspect if not properly prepared, the species you mention will likely cause gastrointestinal issues.

--------------------

OfflineJimbosChoice
Stranger
Male

Re: Questions about growing Lactarius Rufus [Re: inski]
    #26360891 - 12/04/19 12:20 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Thank you so much for pointing out that they are "ectomycorrhizal", which I am reading more into now, but which I take to mean their underground mycelium grows in relationship with the roots of living trees, hence their difficulty to grow under artificial means.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms