Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinejamboUK
A Fun Guy
Shroomy music project
    #2635972 - 05/04/04 07:38 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Fellow trippers, I need your help!

I've been reading the Shroomery for about a year, on and off, and I've tripped four times so far. I'm also studying at a University in the UK, and I've been asked to make a piece of experimental music for a unit's coursework, which will be played (from a CD) in a public concert and graded.

My idea is this: I want to take a trip report from the Shroomery, and make it into a track, using a speech program to read it in a computer voice (anyone who hasn't tried this over trippy music, it's great fun!). The piece will probably end up lasting between 5 and 10 minutes. I want it to really bring the trip to life with sounds, both illustrative and ambient.

I have made quite a few notes and ideas for things that could go in it. For example, I think a persistent heartbeat would work very well, speeding up in times of panic/excitement, fading to an ignoreable level most of the time. First of all, though, I need the perfect report!

Please, if you have a favourite trip report, or have one that you think fits the bill particularly well, post a link here. I'm looking for decent sized ones (I can always clip bits out later), and the more vivid, and the more sense of a story being narrated there is, the better. If you think a report would sound cool when related by a neutral-sounding computer while all trippy sounds are going off in the background, I'll check it out.

Thanks, guys!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Shroomy music project [Re: jamboUK]
    #2636104 - 05/04/04 09:38 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

> Please, if you have a favourite trip report

The best trip report is the one you write yourself.  :smile:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Loc: out of my element
Re: Shroomy music project [Re: Seuss]
    #2636383 - 05/04/04 11:43 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with Suess.

Perhaps it would be a lot easier for you to do it based on your own experiences?

--------------------
"Many times I've lied - Many times I've listened,
Many times I've wondered how much there is to know."
-Led Zeppelin (Over the Hills and Far Away)

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

Re: Shroomy music project [Re: jamboUK]
    #2636660 - 05/04/04 02:02 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Worked for Leary, huh?

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

OfflinejamboUK
A Fun Guy
Re: Shroomy music project [Re: Bonez420]
    #2636714 - 05/04/04 02:21 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I thought about that... but to tell you the truth, my experiences have been great, but very little has actually happened. I've read trip reports that obviously have a much better story-telling aspect than anything I could write myself, at least if it was supposed to be based on reality.

There's also the factor that I don't want the piece to be about me, or else it might seem like the Uni was advocating my drug taking by giving me a good mark, or something. I want a story obviously not about me, because then it just looks like I found it on the Internet and made a track out of it, and no one knows if I've even tried shrooms in the first place, so everyone's happy.

I've got my "well shrooms are legal in this country" line, but I don't think it's that convincing because psychedelic drugs are still pretty taboo (I wouldn't want to tell my parents I take them, for instance, even if I did buy them over the counter in a shop).

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience