Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
guitar jury :(
    #2635432 - 05/04/04 02:59 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

So ive been taking individual non-major instruction at my school, and as a requirement at the end of the year, i have to perform in front of some faculty.

i hate doing that shit, im nervous, even tho i have an A either way...i just dont want to make an ass out of myself, ya know? :smile:

Playin 2 blues songs 3x through, 2x improvisation.

--Krem

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: guitar jury :( [Re: Kremlin]
    #2635540 - 05/04/04 03:33 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I had to play last night for a duet in a senior recital. It went alright, and was an easy way for credit, but it was just a hassle. I like being on stage when it's not all tight-ass formal like Classical Music concerts...

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Re: guitar jury :( [Re: Blastrid]
    #2635650 - 05/04/04 04:27 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i wish mine were as important as a senior recital :frown: unfortunately im stuck as non-major, as i didnt try out for the USC studio/jazz program (i probably would have been rejected as ive played by ear my whole life, and couldnt demonstrate the necessary skills to be a major player).

And i definatly enjoy a relaxed jam session setting much more...i feel so confined :frown:

hehe, such is life, eh :smile:

--Krem :jamming:

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: guitar jury :( [Re: Kremlin]
    #2637815 - 05/04/04 07:16 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Wow, small world, I've got jury today too, MUS101 baby! I feel the same way, I'm pretty confident that my teacher will give me the A, but the prospect of playing alone in front of a small group of teachers who will be evaluating me really has me worried.  I'm playing a 12 bar blues, a jazz standard, a bach piece, a decemberists piece, and improvising over a B-dorian vamp, a paco de lucia progression, and all along the watchtower  :cool:  Hope yours went well, or good luck to you if you haven't gone yet.

--------------------

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Re: guitar jury :( [Re: Noviseer]
    #2638333 - 05/04/04 09:14 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for the well wishings

yah it went very well, i got great feedback from the guys.

hope yours goes well as well Nov :smile:

--------------------

-George Gissing

--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media