Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTenzin66
Male
Advice needed. Has anyone EVER heard of a similar experience?
    #26274160 - 10/24/19 02:17 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

This happened a few nights ago. I’ll keep it as concise as I can and get to the point as this is one I really need advice with.

I took my first herpoic dose of psilocybin. Trip sitting with me was my girlfriend and my dog. It took over two hours for any noticeable effects. Very few visuals which seemed odd but soon things got a little weird with the dissolution of the walls and floor. But this wasn’t to last very long. I tried to meditate in the lotus position but my body was very restless. I couldn’t get settled. Then, as I was on the floor, my dog started to react to something. He started to growl and frantically back away from me, something he never does.

This got more intense and visual distortions appeared. Fluctuations and ripples in my vision. As they got more intense my dog started to become more visibly distressed and started to scan the room as if his eyes were following some invisible energy emanating from me. He was following what seemed like tracers around the room, all coming from me. He was very scared and this was, again, very unlike his him. I immediately went outside to calm the situation. After a while I returned and it was clear that myself and my dog were experiencing something together. Something I was feeling and he was seeing, completely out of the ordinary. He has been with me in over two years worth of tripping and this has never happened before. I decided to go for a walk in the park for ten minutes.

The first thing I felt upon walking outside was the most electrifying energy of my life. I could feel the trees and grass. I could sense the birds flying in the air. I tried to stumble forward but the feeling became so intense I got the fear that things were changing for everybody and everything, something that has always manifested in my mind on heavy doses. Real end of the world fear. As I tried to get back to my house a woman walked past me. Her dog went crazy. Fearfully barking and backing away from me. He saw it too.

I convinced my girlfriend to come with me outside to see if she could see any influence I was having on the outside world. We were both aware that whatever was happening was visible by animals but not by people, I felt like a current of electricity was running through my body and if lightning had came out of my fingers at this point I wouldn’t have been surprised. It was unlike anything I have ever experienced on psychedelics as it was beyond a subconscious experience. We were truly convinced that something paranormal was happening. As a result I started to get extremely emotional but kept it together as best I could. What followed was at least three hours of ripples back and forth and a real dull pain in the left side of head. Every time I had a ripple, my dog reacted.

On reflection, a magnetic field being generated from me is the most logical explanation. Dogs can see magnetic fields and the human body, the heart in particular produces such a field. But I have never heard of anything like this on psychedelics which is amplified to such a degree. And I'm not a scientist so this is amateur guesswork at best. Does anyone here have any experiences similar to this or know of any literature that deals with this subject?

I truly need some advice, if there is any. Thanks for reading.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblekleinerPilz
fungiBuddy
Male

Re: Advice needed. Has anyone EVER heard of a similar experience? [Re: Tenzin66]
    #26321570 - 11/15/19 04:58 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tenzin66 said:
This happened a few nights ago. I’ll keep it as concise as I can and get to the point as this is one I really need advice with.

I took my first herpoic dose of psilocybin. Trip sitting with me was my girlfriend and my dog. It took over two hours for any noticeable effects. Very few visuals which seemed odd but soon things got a little weird with the dissolution of the walls and floor. But this wasn’t to last very long. I tried to meditate in the lotus position but my body was very restless. I couldn’t get settled. Then, as I was on the floor, my dog started to react to something. He started to growl and frantically back away from me, something he never does.

This got more intense and visual distortions appeared. Fluctuations and ripples in my vision. As they got more intense my dog started to become more visibly distressed and started to scan the room as if his eyes were following some invisible energy emanating from me. He was following what seemed like tracers around the room, all coming from me. He was very scared and this was, again, very unlike his him. I immediately went outside to calm the situation. After a while I returned and it was clear that myself and my dog were experiencing something together. Something I was feeling and he was seeing, completely out of the ordinary. He has been with me in over two years worth of tripping and this has never happened before. I decided to go for a walk in the park for ten minutes.

The first thing I felt upon walking outside was the most electrifying energy of my life. I could feel the trees and grass. I could sense the birds flying in the air. I tried to stumble forward but the feeling became so intense I got the fear that things were changing for everybody and everything, something that has always manifested in my mind on heavy doses. Real end of the world fear. As I tried to get back to my house a woman walked past me. Her dog went crazy. Fearfully barking and backing away from me. He saw it too.

I convinced my girlfriend to come with me outside to see if she could see any influence I was having on the outside world. We were both aware that whatever was happening was visible by animals but not by people, I felt like a current of electricity was running through my body and if lightning had came out of my fingers at this point I wouldn’t have been surprised. It was unlike anything I have ever experienced on psychedelics as it was beyond a subconscious experience. We were truly convinced that something paranormal was happening. As a result I started to get extremely emotional but kept it together as best I could. What followed was at least three hours of ripples back and forth and a real dull pain in the left side of head. Every time I had a ripple, my dog reacted.

On reflection, a magnetic field being generated from me is the most logical explanation. Dogs can see magnetic fields and the human body, the heart in particular produces such a field. But I have never heard of anything like this on psychedelics which is amplified to such a degree. And I'm not a scientist so this is amateur guesswork at best. Does anyone here have any experiences similar to this or know of any literature that deals with this subject?

I truly need some advice, if there is any. Thanks for reading.

Hey buddy,

I had to smile while reading this. I don't really have "advice", but I can add my own experience.

I was outside with a friend. I took 5 g and it was a heavy trip. We were chilling under some trees about 10 m from a trail. There were people with dogs walking by every now and then. The dogs went totally nuts. They were barking and running into our direction. The holders seemed really worried and angry with their dogs, as if they wouldn't normally show that kind of behaviour towards strangers.

This is just one specific situation I have been through. I have observed this kind of thing again and again. That's why I am careful about tripping in public places, even parks and so forth, since weird things always tend to happen.

My guess was that those animals are just more involved in the experience of the here and now and not so into their thoughts. So they might just pick up more things than civilized [or humans per se] notice.

It could be different things - maybe even a funny smell you give off in those situation.

-kP

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Advice needed. Has anyone EVER heard of a similar experience? [Re: Tenzin66]
    #26326105 - 11/17/19 06:37 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Tenzin66,
I am no expert. But I trip fairly regularly and it’s always with my two labradors. And I always take upwards of 3.5g cubensis, to get “the magic”. And I always feel an empathy with both dogs. It’s like I can suddenly understand them and feel their energy. And I can feel their fears. It’s like a strange animal telepathy. Only once or twice have I noticed them looking at me strangely, almost in fear.  But they’ve never freaked at me as yours did. What I would guess is that whatever energy was emanating from your body ‘ psyche, it wasn’t generated by you but from elsewhere, hence the dogs fear.

That’s my guess, dude.

Take care, and safe tripping.

Paul.

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Advice needed. Has anyone EVER heard of a similar experience? [Re: DJ Ed]
    #26331052 - 11/19/19 12:28 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

dogs can smell your mood and will track your eyes and follow the gestures you make.

getting ripped will affect your animal companions this way.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineOrioncat
C student of the Golden Teacher
 User Gallery

Re: Advice needed. Has anyone EVER heard of a similar experience? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #26332976 - 11/20/19 08:51 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

My guess would be that the dog was reacting in the way a service dog does with regards to changes in mood or biology. For example, people with epilepsy have service dogs who are trained to detect seizures before they begin, allowing the person to go somewhere safe before they seize.

I'm just guessing here but it's possibly along the lines of the same mechanism. Dogs are really good at reading body language and picking up on changes in mood. It would make for a good lab controlled experiment. No pun intended :grin:

--------------------
Things I've learned so far:

Death with consciousness can be boring. Balance is important. Set intentions, not expectations. Sad trips can be helpful as well as challenging trips. Stick with your first dose. We learn more when we listen rather than speak. Be kind. The small moments in life that tend to go unnoticed are sometimes the most beautiful.

OfflineVillageBoomer
Stranger

Re: Advice needed. Has anyone EVER heard of a similar experience? [Re: Orioncat]
    #26353313 - 11/30/19 07:52 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

MY EXPERIENCE: Whenever i'm tripping to hard to pay attention to my dogs they usually just lay there on the couch and stay put. They watch me the whole time, they look as if they care. This particular example I was calming myself down. when I came down the dogs were happy to except pets, but when I was borderline overwhelmed they gave me my space and behaved sending positive vibes.

I think they just sense your vibe and if your having intense feelings like that it might cause them to react stronger. As for the barking maybe that dog does not like the vibe you give off in that state of mind.

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Advice needed. Has anyone EVER heard of a similar experience? [Re: VillageBoomer]
    #26353477 - 11/30/19 09:48 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

VillageBoomer said:
MY EXPERIENCE: Whenever i'm tripping to hard to pay attention to my dogs they usually just lay there on the couch and stay put. They watch me the whole time, they look as if they care.

I get that with my two labradors, dude. A real special kind of empathy / telepathy?

There was a real funny (afterwards) moment a few weeks ago. Max the chocolate Labrador was led at the front door, as per usual when my wife and daughter are out. Skye the black Labrador was laid next to me on the settee with my eyes shut on the come up listening to Pink Floyd - Meddle. I got the strangest kind of sense; opened my eyes and there was Max stood staring right into my eyes. Freaked me the heck out, I can tell you!

A mate of mine fell over one of his dogs last week. Knocked himself out on the table, gashed his forehead, broke his nose, loads of blood loss. Can you imagine that on mushrooms? And on his own!

Take care y’all.
DJ Ed.

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract