Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineHypnoToad
Stranger

Re: Could the Local Garden Center be Narcs? [Re: Saribo]
    #2655764 - 05/09/04 02:46 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

" Lately he's been buying the usual suspects there: vermiculite, perlite, bird seed, lime, and some other odd things."

Bird Seed,vermiculite,lime and perlite are all quite ordinary things a gardener might buy.Perlite is often used for rooting cuttings,growing plants hydroponically and as a carrier/retainer for fertilizers.It works very well for hydroponics because it holds moisture well but still allows plenty of oxygen to reach roots.Vermiculite is used in the same ways as perlite.Birdseed is bought by many gardeners to feed the birds in their area obviously.And lime is used to raise the ph levels in soil making it less acidic.

I dont see why anyone would be suspicious.Now if you bought items which have very limited purposes or you have no valid reason for obtaing the items like alot of chemicals or precursors.lol Then you can start being paranoid.But otherwise I wouldnt worry.

--------------------
"There is no fire like lust, no grip like hate, no net like delusions, no river like craving."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Re: Could the Local Garden Center be Narcs? [Re: phi1618]
    #2659633 - 05/10/04 01:16 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

HPS lights are completely innocuous assuming you don't wander in to the store looking like a hippy and smelling of pot.  They're a common lighting fixture, and the outdoor ones can be rigged for indoor usage with very little work and a very good safety record (assuming you can do some basic wiring/electrician shit)

As far as paranoia, seuss has it right.  Take your time....the only real way that you're going to get caught buying a bunch of licit items is if you're followed, or being tracked.  Almost all the stores i'm aware of don't keep their video records more than a day or two at a time, unless there's a robbery or some other need to keep them.  And everything you'd buy for the growth of illicit fungus is completely legal.  If you want to be paranoid, spread the purchases around....no harm in that.
Chemicals and other precursors for various clandestine chemistry methods, however, are a bit more difficult.  As was mentioned, certain combinations can be watched as well as individual chems....a basic rule is to not buy more than one item containing a precursor/solvent/whateva at a time, and NEVER keep them all in the same location, or even on the same property.
Kinda hard to track an individual, making single purchases of suspicious items (which aren't even that suspicious) in cash, at multiple locations.
Just food for thought....i wouldn't be worried about it, unless you're going to the same store 3 times a week for 10 pouonds of parakeet seed. :laugh:

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

OfflineSaribo
journeyman
Re: Could the Local Garden Center be Narcs? [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #2668724 - 05/12/04 01:39 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for all the responses everyone. This place still seems pretty creepy, but you guys are right, the supplies aren't that unusual and mushroom growing is not that high on the radar. Still, I think my friend will limit the amount of times that he shops there as he feels conspicuous and out of place compared to shopping at larger stores.

Offlinepazuzu
Shroom-o-Vision
Re: Could the Local Garden Center be Narcs? [Re: MOTH]
    #2802716 - 06/17/04 02:47 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah the same thing happened to me at a hydro store: I was buying two large bags of hydroton and the hippy behind the counter looked at me as if to see into my soul. As I was leaving, she said, "Have a great time." It must be a hydro store thing. They can smell a stoner a mile away.

Anonymous #1

Re: Could the Local Garden Center be Narcs? [Re: pazuzu]
    #2803595 - 06/17/04 08:36 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

ask a guy who works at a hydro store how many people use the lights for legal grows and they'll probably tell you none. hydroponic shops basically exist for pot growers. hands down. very very few people actually buy a hydro setup and light to grow tomatoes or herbs or whatever.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Could the Local Garden Center be Narcs? [Re: ]
    #2803679 - 06/17/04 09:11 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

jono1 said:
ask a guy who works at a hydro store how many people use the lights for legal grows and they'll probably tell you none. hydroponic shops basically exist for pot growers. hands down. very very few people actually buy a hydro setup and light to grow tomatoes or herbs or whatever.

you should really rethink that... I'm setting up several greenhouses and like many others across the nation we are the largest purchaser of hydroponic equipment, grow lights included... this allows us consistant growth all year even if we soil grow our produce... these companies couldnt remain in business if they depended on a hand full of pot growers for their income...

the average greenhouse is 24x96 feet, you do the math on the number of lights it will take to fill 30 greenhouses to produce a crop of anything and then come back with the same answer... do we buy from the manufacturer.. occasionaly but we would generaly get the same price as if we purchase from a local and by purchasing from locals we have additional service options not available through the manufacturer.

walk into any hydroponics shop I am aware of and ask about who grows and yu will most likely be asked not to return... Southern Lights and Hydroponics sold to many people that grew african violets, they were also raided by the DEA (both the customers and the store) and the owners jailed with no evidence of complicity or cultivation... do you think other shops arent aware of this...

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Could the Local Garden Center be Narcs? [Re: ]
    #2804764 - 06/18/04 07:42 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

> very very few people actually buy a hydro setup and light to grow tomatoes or herbs or whatever.

I've had a small hydro setup as a hobby for years. I have never once grown cannabis with it. Saying that only cannabis growers buy hydro equipment is like saying only bank robbers buy guns at gun stores... maybe the police think that way, but it isn't true.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale