Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineZoda
Pilzkopf
I'm a teapot

Loc: Germany Flag
Golden Teacher - Clone Experiment
    #26349972 - 11/28/19 05:48 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Hi folks,

this being my first experience with growing mushrooms, I would like to consult you good experts on how to further proceed with my golden teacher clone experiment.

Set up:

I have ordered the golden teacher growkits online and successfully harvested 2 flushes from them so far (2x 1200cc : 30g on 1st / 11g on 2nd flush).

During the first flush, I have scrapped some inner parts of my favorite teacher into sterilized honey water and daily stirred it for 8-9 days until I thought the small lines in the honey water (i guess mycelium) were plenty enough for me to inoculate my rye grain spawn. (theres more lines than you can see in this picture its pretty cloudy actually)

I have 4 different spawn jars of which none have any sign of mycelium or contamination so far. It has been 8 days and as I understand it, even under colder conditions (and I would say I have regular room temperature here ) there should be white spots.

So my question now is, should I:

a) Wait another week
b) Repeat the process with the now even more mature clone water
c) Take a new clone from the 3rd flush

I am thankful for all constructive critique and guidance!

Thank you - peace & love

-Z

--------------------
“I’m growing mushrooms… because I can’t kill them. They just keep multiplying…and it’s like…I’m in service to them.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSmartattack
C'mon man
 User Gallery

Loc: A thought
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Golden Teacher - Clone Experiment [Re: Zoda]
    #26350138 - 11/28/19 08:04 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Don't go against the advice of the entire community would be my advice. Putting tissue in honey water is what noone said to do ever me thinks. Agar. It's the answer.

--------------------
* Smarts videos :teacher:
* :thumbup: Planet of the APES:thumbup:

I'm a fungal white supremacist.

OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

Loc: GPS signal lost.. Flag
Re: Golden Teacher - Clone Experiment [Re: Smartattack]
    #26350154 - 11/28/19 08:27 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah I'm just going to ask.. why all of this when agar is readily available? Seems like a huge crap shoot & whatnot.

I mean if you're doing it for shits a s giggles then for sure. But if you're expecting results.. look into agar. Because this is just too much.

And you're not even guaranteed clean spawn. I'm going to assume thats not even mycelium and could be 1 of a million things growing in there.

We've got so much information on this forum on how to correctly and successfully clone.. and you're over here in left field lol.

--------------------
:greyalien:

OfflineZoda
Pilzkopf
I'm a teapot

Loc: Germany Flag
Re: Golden Teacher - Clone Experiment [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #26350198 - 11/28/19 08:54 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Alright then , Ive ordered the Petri Dishes and will hopefully have 1st agar ready when the 3rd flush is grown. :smile:

But if that does not happen, if you had to...how would you go about spawning with my liquid culture?

--------------------
“I’m growing mushrooms… because I can’t kill them. They just keep multiplying…and it’s like…I’m in service to them.”

InvisibleBph
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Golden Teacher - Clone Experiment [Re: Zoda]
    #26350269 - 11/28/19 09:34 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Take prints too. I like to take clones of the largest fastest fruit so ideally first flush. I would take prints for sure. Then you can grow out the MS while your testing your third flush clones in case they suck.

OfflineCybin_man
Circle the Wagons

Loc: In the bathroom
Re: Golden Teacher - Clone Experiment [Re: Bph] * 1
    #26350375 - 11/28/19 10:38 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

“mature clone water”
:wtf:

--------------------
mushrooms + my morning jacket = awesome https://youtu.be/xkY4isMi2Zc

Offlinesan pedro guy
Captain
 User Gallery

Re: Golden Teacher - Clone Experiment [Re: Cybin_man]
    #26350482 - 11/28/19 11:55 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Just start reading up on agar.

Use the search function to search threads no older than a few years related to agar. They will talk about cloning, transferring, how to spot contam, what clean myc looks like, recipes, pour vs no pour. Read read read read.

Read entire threads because sometimes the topics go sideways and you can find hidden gems of advice from tc’s.

gluck mate!

--------------------
Noob Grow Along 2022

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals