Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Eating huge amounts of shrooms
    #2634723 - 05/03/04 10:29 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I was just wondering what would happen if you decided to eat a huge amount of shrooms. I'm talking about eating as many shrooms as you could before you got really full - atleast a few ounces.

Would there be any point to this or would you just pass out and not remember anything (assuming you could hold it all down)? What's the most shrooms that anyone has ever eaten?

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

Re: Eating huge amounts of shrooms [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #2634730 - 05/03/04 10:31 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I go for quality, not quanity.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Eating huge amounts of shrooms [Re: McKennaFan200]
    #2634918 - 05/03/04 11:05 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Thats good McKenna but he doesn't care about that lol. I'm pretty sure if you ate that much the come up would be VERY intense and you would wake up the next morning wondering wtf happened.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2634938 - 05/03/04 11:08 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sure you'd forget most of it, but it'd still be very spiritual ego loss

You'd return and meld with the source of the universe and energy is my guess

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
    #2635045 - 05/03/04 11:26 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

whats the most you have taken?what kind of mushrooms?How many times have experienced mushrooms?

If your answers are,an ounce,cubes,plenty!Hell,yeah,run it till it stops!!

I personaly feel that if the mushrooms are of decent quality there is really no need in injesting over a 1/2 ounce,thats plenty,at least for me it is!But I'm a little on the wild side of life so take that advise with extreme caution!

--------------------

Offlineshrooms777
    #2664809 - 05/11/04 06:45 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

The most I took was about 120 wet grams. whoa strong trip but also the physical effects became very strong. Id imagine while you wont experience a leathal overdose unless you eat like 10+ pounds of shrooms, youd feel so crappy eating a dry ounce or 200+ wet grams. your body load would be super intense youd just lay down trying to relax and hoping the trips over

OfflineWizdum
8-bit nitwit.

#2665009 - 05/11/04 07:23 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I heard somewhere that after a certain amount of mushrooms (let's hypothetically say 15 grams dry) that you don't gain any more type of stimulation from the mushrooms - the duration of the trip just seems to last longer.

I'm not sure if this is correct though.

OfflineSilverparrot
    #2665055 - 05/11/04 07:32 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I would think you would be praying that you would get sober and be wanting to puke it all up.

Offlineshrooms777
Re: Eating huge amounts of shrooms [Re: Silverparrot]
    #2665459 - 05/11/04 09:01 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I think you just get diminishing returns, but more shrooms still gives you more stimulation up to the leathal overdose. I heard of a story of one guy who found a shroom field, he and his friends ate tons of shrooms, he ate the most by far. he kept eating and eating and musta eaten easily a kilogram of them, thats like 100 dry grams. he triped harder than anyone has ever. he was so delarious his friends had to carry him home. when he sobered up he said if he ate one more shroom he woulda OD

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Eating huge amounts of shrooms [Re: shrooms777]
    #2665524 - 05/11/04 09:13 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Ehh I think the story is bull shit...theres no way in he would of remembered a trip like that...also he would have no idea of how much more he needed to OD. Dont believe everything you hear.

Offlineshrooms777
Re: Eating huge amounts of shrooms [Re: Osker246]
    #2665691 - 05/11/04 09:41 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I think he remembered what he saw before he became delarious and unconcious and then while he was comming down from the trip. also isnt being unconcious dangerously close to an OD? could shrooms make you stop breathing, paralize you or give u a stroke? how much does it take to OD to death? to OD to unconscious?

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2668062 - 05/12/04 10:11 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

No, beyond a certain dosage there are no more mental effects. Your brain only has so many brain receptors. Tim Leary would give people enormous doses of LSD when they thought it was 250mics and no-one ever knew the difference.

Trouble proving this with mushrooms is people can generally tell how much is in the dose so the placebo effect comes into play. They think to themselves "I've eaten twice as much so I must trip twice as hard". Psychedelics arn't like beer where more always has more of an effect. I think Leary said the limit was something like 500ug of LSD - beyond that there was no further effect. What the dose is for mushrooms would probably be comparable.

The lethal dose is multiple lbs, forgotten exactly how many.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Eating huge amounts of shrooms [Re: shrooms777]
    #2668068 - 05/12/04 10:16 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

he ate the most by far. he kept eating and eating and musta eaten easily a kilogram of them

I'd take that with a pinch of salt. If he managed to eat 100 grams fresh I'd be VERY surprised. I've seen a kilo of mushrooms - no-one is going to get that into their bellies without vomiting long before they got anywhere near a kilo.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
Re: Eating huge amounts of shrooms [Re: Xlea321]
    #2668087 - 05/12/04 10:31 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

what would compare to a thumbprint i wonder?is'nt there a point of saturation to where it just does'nt have any effect?i rember china cat saying there is a huge difrence in being puddled and a thumbprint i guess the same would go for shrooms to, would it not?

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

Offlineseethe303
enthusiast

Loc: over the rainbow
Re: Eating huge amounts of shrooms [Re: peleg]
    #2668392 - 05/12/04 11:58 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think there could be a "thumnprint" for mushrooms, unless you were eating pure psilocybin...otherwise there is just too much mass of material to eat. you would puke it all up long before reaching a comparable level to a thumbprint.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Eating huge amounts of shrooms [Re: Xlea321]
    #2668606 - 05/12/04 01:16 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
No, beyond a certain dosage there are no more mental effects. Your brain only has so many brain receptors. Tim Leary would give people enormous doses of LSD when they thought it was 250mics and no-one ever knew the difference.

Trouble proving this with mushrooms is people can generally tell how much is in the dose so the placebo effect comes into play. They think to themselves "I've eaten twice as much so I must trip twice as hard". Psychedelics arn't like beer where more always has more of an effect. I think Leary said the limit was something like 500ug of LSD - beyond that there was no further effect. What the dose is for mushrooms would probably be comparable. 

I've read this as well, but from hearing stories from people who have taken way more than 500ug of LSD, I believe that there is a BIG difference... perhaps the LSD doesn't just bind to the seratonin receptors in the brain, but actually has some other effects on the mind/body that science hasn't/cannot discover? Just read the "thumbprint" post by ChinaCat if you want the opinion of somebody who has taken large doses, or ask ChinaCat or WhiteRasta what they think...

doses that large... i can only dream :rasta:

--------------------

Offlineshrooms777
Re: Eating huge amounts of shrooms [Re: Krishna]
    #2670848 - 05/12/04 08:23 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

The most I have eaten before was 120 wet grams, yes I know hella lot and I tripped so hard too. arent mushrooms 90% water? a kilo of them would be similar to drinking a liter of water, something within possibility that the stomach can hold. Maybe there is a saturation point mentally, but what about physically?

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2671270 - 05/12/04 10:10 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

hallucinations, watery eyes, sleep...a joint seems like a cig & beer seems like water.

After about 20 grams dry you may not get any higher.
:shrug:

Offlineferago2
gnubie
Re: Eating huge amounts of shrooms [Re: Krishna]
    #2675568 - 05/13/04 08:01 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

My guess about how a thumbprint would have additional effects beyond the 500ug (or whatever) "maximum dose" would be that it would last longer... even if the brain was fully dosed and couldn't absorb more, it would absorb more as soon as some wore off, continuing the effects for longer. This would probably mean that you'd be tripping for much longer, just like ChinaCat has described... the effects on your brain from being in the full out saturated state for so long could maybe account for the thumbprint experience... like even if all your receptors are full, the fact that they're full for hours or days would have secondary effects.

Not a scientist, but it seems likely to me.

Anonymous

#2675868 - 05/13/04 09:04 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i gave a friend of mine 30 grams fresh of some of my cubies grown on wbs.  He was on his way up stairs and fell down at the bottom of the steps, and i kicked him a little, and im like dude what the fuck are you doing, and he was like "what man?" then just ran up the steps and was all sweating, so i gave him a towel and asked if he was ok, i could tell he was really confused. i  told him to lie down and relax, and feel the love.  he knew he passed out and didnt understand why he did.

well the next weekend when i saw him he told me it was fucked up because he was going upstairs and thought he WAS upstairs, until he found himself at the bottom of the steps after i kicked him.

i told him he fell out of his body, there is no other explaination with the info i was given.  i think that if you took a fuckload more of shrooms, you will probably spend more time out of body than in body(if ya let go anyways) and that is not overdosing, to go out of body temporarily like that is not death.

have any of you ever fell out of your body, lmfao, that is just funny to think about.  so if ya take a shitload, you may be prone to walk right out! hahah.

im sure that some of you have laid down on higher doses, then decided to get up then on your way back you see your body still layin down, then your back in yoru body......ehh, or maybe thats just me :confused:  ive never fell out though, thats nuts.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract