Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Chocolates
    #2613465 - 04/28/04 09:24 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I've got a couple of questions regarding mushroom chocolates:

1. What would be the process for turning 2 1/8ths of mushrooms into 2-4 chocolates?
2. Are mushroom chocolates drug-sniff-dog-detectable?

Lots of travelling plan, and I want my fungi nice and compact!

Thanks a lot guys.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Chocolates [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #2613752 - 04/28/04 10:16 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

#1 Melt chocolate, grind mushrooms into powder, mix well, fill mold, let solidify.
#2 No. Dogs can't smell mushrooms, well they can smell them but are not trained to identify them.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
    #2613781 - 04/28/04 10:25 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well first you want to grind them bad boys up real good in a coffee grinder. Then, you need to find yourself a mold that you want your chocolate to be in the shape of. I like stars, simple chocolate bar mold is quite on the downlow though. Then you need to go out and buy yourself some chocolate. Hershey's bars work fine, and you can use a one hershey bar to one eigth ratio. There are probably better chocolates to use out there, hersheys melts easily, but they work fine. Use more chocolate if you need to keep it more underwraps. Now, basically you want a small saute pan, smaller the better. Keep the heat real low, you want the chocolate to barely melt. Once it starts to ooze, dump your mushroom powder in there, and mix it up real quick being careful not to burn anything up. Then get it poured and scraped into your mould of choice. You have to be quick about it, otherwise the chocolate will start to turn from ooze back into a solid state in the saute pan... Which isnt good  :crazy: I'm sure there's better ways but this way has worked well on a small scale for someone..

:mushroom2:

And be careful if you're thinking what i'm thinking...

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2613940 - 04/28/04 11:13 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

...hmmm, I'd have sworn there was a recipe for this under the recipes thread last year but it's gone now, go figure...

Dry the shroomies under a ceiling fan with a black cloth over them. Light makes them weak or so I've been told. Then dry them in an Igloo type cooler till they are completely free of moisture by keeping Damp rid (dessicant)near them while they are drying. Keep the cooler lid cracked so the air circulates a tiny bit. Don't let them touch the pellets of Dri-Rite cuz the stuff's greasy and won't come off. When they're ready they will crumble into a powder like a cracker might when crushed in the hand. Grind them completely, mortar and pestle style.

Heat the chocolate slowly in a covered saucepan. You don't want it too hot. With a rubber spatula, mix the powdered mushies 1.5-2 grams to an ounce(1 dose) of melted choc(semi-sweet covers the taste best), accepted dose by most cool ppl...

You may want to use a cupcake tray. Line the cupcake holes with a square of aluminum foil big enough to wrap around one dose. Drop the spiked, melted choc into the hole & pat the tray on your palm till the chocolate is nice and flat. Let the choc cool. When it's hard, fold the foil around it tightly. Keep frozen or on ice. They're very tasty when cold.

I hope this helps someone. :smile:

Edited by wandrnshaman (05/24/04 03:28 PM)

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
    #2615011 - 04/29/04 04:14 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

chocolates

Peace

--------------------

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: Chocolates [Re: @cro]
    #2634516 - 05/03/04 09:31 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

That's a good recipe too. I've just always used the Damp-rid dessicant instead of the coffee grinder. Personal choice, I guess, but you can't taste or see the shrooms in the chocs this way.

Edited by wandrnshaman (05/24/04 03:28 PM)

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2635452 - 05/04/04 01:03 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

easiest way if you're only doing 2 eights is forget the pan and stove and all that mess and get some chocolate and a plastic cup, melt the chocolate in the cup in a microwave be careful not to melt the cup though. once the chocolate is melted just add the shrooms stir them in even and bang the cup on a counter to get it flat and even and put it in the fridege to get solid. once it's nice and hard just cut away the plastic cup, quick easy and no mess, the ones i make are always perfect little circles with the name of the cup imprinted to the top of it, looks pretty cool :stoned:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
Re: Chocolates [Re: John]
    #2669404 - 05/12/04 04:04 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

phenethyl said:
easiest way if you're only doing 2 eights is forget the pan and stove and all that mess and get some chocolate and a plastic cup, melt the chocolate in the cup in a microwave be careful not to melt the cup though. once the chocolate is melted just add the shrooms stir them in even and bang the cup on a counter to get it flat and even and put it in the fridege to get solid. once it's nice and hard just cut away the plastic cup, quick easy and no mess, the ones i make are always perfect little circles with the name of the cup imprinted to the top of it, looks pretty cool :stoned:

Wow, thats pretty easy. I might try that next time I need a couple made up real quick.

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract