Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMycellenium
Stranger
 User Gallery
Casing edible mushrooms? Oysters and Hericium
    #26342442 - 11/24/19 02:59 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Had a success with hericium, but it fruited in jars. How do you make it to not to pin inside a jar? Is it possible to case it with coconut wastes ?

And with oysters, jar with grain can be cased with coconut waste/coffee waste? Should it be pasteurized or sterilized is ok? I just transferred it from agar to grain and thinking how to get most of it. LC is still a bitch for me. It just always contaminates in my new "lab" and get blurry.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFergent
Stranger

Re: Casing edible mushrooms? Oysters and Hericium [Re: Mycellenium]
    #26342848 - 11/24/19 06:00 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

In my experience, Hericium makes primordia all over the substrate when conditions are right. I've never seen hericium cased.
If you expose only a small area to the right conditions, you'll encourage it to fruit there.

I've cased Pleurotus eryngii but didn't notice an increase in yield. also, it's annoying to get the casing layer off the fruits.
regular oysters don't need a casing layer either. however, it is usefull to retain moisture close to the substrate to induce primordia formation.
I've done it for very small substrates and it works. I've used straight vermiculite but also pasteurized coir etc.

Good luck.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms