Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]
InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? * 1
    #26334417 - 11/20/19 08:27 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

So in the spring the plan is for me to finally go out and do some solo camping.

So I was thinking earlier -- in a hypothetical scenario, what would be the most terrifying wild animal that you could encounter on this planet?

Let's say you're by yourself. All you have is a hunting knife. You're hiking. And then all of a sudden around a bend you come face to face with it.

What would it be?

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Nifflerz] * 2
    #26334429 - 11/20/19 08:38 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

The worst would probably be a Lion in Africa. Or a Rhino.

But in the US, it would be the Mountain Lion. They creep me out with their sneekiness.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Nifflerz] * 1
    #26334432 - 11/20/19 08:39 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I know that wolf attacks are exceedingly rare in reality (unlike in the movies and in books), but I think, if you were strolling through the remote woods in wolf territory, and came across a pack of these (an average pack of wolves is like 6 but has been known to go as high as 30)

I think that would be about as frightening as it gets.

Wolves eat nothing but meat (of course), and take down much, MUCH larger prey than us. So a lone human surrounded by a pack of wolves would be...not good. You'd have to think that you'd be squarely on the menu. I guess their gripe would be is that you'd only qualify as a snack.

Looking up and seeing 6 adult wolves eyeing you, to me, would be right up there at the top as far as most terrifying.

--------------------

Edited by Nifflerz (11/20/19 08:42 PM)

Invisiblealaskappalachian
Entitiologist

Loc: The 49th Dimension
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Nifflerz] * 9
    #26334446 - 11/20/19 08:49 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Two years ago I took a piss about twenty yards away from my tent (in the Chugach Forest) at 230AM, and about five minutes after laying down, I got visited by an enormous brown bear.  My backpacking tent is like a teeny coffin, and it sniffed my head right through the tent fabric (poked it with its nose right at the top of my skull) before tearing my pack apart that I had forgotten to bring back in due to extreme exhaustion from covering about 40miles with 50lbs or so on.  You could see it's shape very clearly through the fabric against the glow of the midnight sun.  When it was done, it came right back and started sniffing me AGAIN, so I had to make a split second decision and gave off a battle cry in desparation.  When it took off (like greased lightning), it caught a paw on the stake holding down the foot of my tent and jerked it like a bastard and the part of me that was not dead inside already died two or three times over.  I about shit myself.  It proceeded to huff and grunt even louder in aggravation maybe ten or fifteen yards down the hill below the little level spot I'd pitched on, and I sat up and yelled again as I watched it through a small opening between the two zippers as it ran back uphill past me and never returned.  I've had dozens of close encounters with brown and black bears, but that was as close as I ever want to get.  I was alone with zero protection.  It was horrifying.  Being charged by a thousand pound cow moose isn't fun either.  I got rushed so fast a couple miles form my house once that my boots came off int the stiff, deep snow (it was like zero degrees out that day) and I had to run in my socks to a safe place and wait while she stood on top of my boots for a qhile before finally leaving with the yearling travelling with her.  Nothing fun about scary wildlife encounters.  Also got followed by a very predatory-acting black bear that was maybe five hundred pounds (enormous) during a particularly bad berry/fish year when we had a lot of attacks- which I had to spray liberally with bear spray.  Still not nearly as scary as the tent encounter.  That may have been the scariest moment of my life.

--------------------

THE 49TH MYCOJOURNAL: EXOTICS, AURORAS,  & ENTITIES

ISO:Gym punctifolius spores for trade :pm:

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Nifflerz] * 2
    #26334447 - 11/20/19 08:49 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I had a group of 3 wolves walk past me pretty close one time. But they didn't really seem to acknowledge me and kept going. This was by a tree planting camp in a game preserve. They had been right in the middle of camp earlier.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 2
    #26334450 - 11/20/19 08:50 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
The worst would probably be a Lion in Africa.

Yeah a an African lion...yikes.

Upwards of 500 plus pounds of pure killing machine (300-ish for females).

I saw a video of a male taking down a cheetah (cheetah was caught by surprise) on National Geographic and I swear it was over in less than a second. I could feel the power through my damn TV.

--------------------

OfflineJonnyBtreed
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northeast
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Nifflerz] * 3
    #26334451 - 11/20/19 08:54 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I would have to go with Mountain Lion as well. A pack of wolves would be right up there too. Or a grizzly bear.

We're pretty lucky where I live. Nothing animal wise that are all that dangerous to people. No poisonous snakes or spiders, no bears or mountain lions. I'm a hunter, and it's a pretty creepy feeling walking into the middle of the woods in the pitch black at 4:30 am. Every single little noise just creeps you the fuck out. A fisher scared the shit out of me one time with it's cry right when I got into my stand.

Crazy to imagine being in other places and knowing there's things out there potentially hunting me on that walk. Sketchy shit.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: psi] * 3
    #26334453 - 11/20/19 08:55 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

alaskappalachian said:
Two years ago I took a piss about twenty yards away from my tent (in the Chugach Forest) at 230AM, and about five minutes after laying down, I got visited by an enormous brown bear.  My backpacking tent is like a teeny coffin, and it sniffed my head right through the tent fabric (poked it with its nose right at the top of my skull) before tearing my pack apart that I had forgotten to bring back in due to extreme exhaustion from covering about 40miles with 50lbs or so on.  You could see it's shape very clearly through the fabric against the glow of the midnight sun.  When it was done, it came right back and started sniffing me AGAIN, so I had to make a split second decision and gave off a battle cry in desparation.  When it took off (like greased lightning), it caught a paw on the stake holding down the foot of my tent and jerked it like a bastard and the part of me that was not dead inside already died two or three times over.  I about shit myself.  It proceeded to huff and grunt even louder in aggravation maybe ten or fifteen yards down the hill below the little level spot I'd pitched on, and I sat up and yelled again as I watched it through a small opening between the two zippers as it ran back uphill past me and never returned.  I've had dozens of close encounters with brown and black bears, but that was as close as I ever want to get.  I was alone with zero protection.  It was horrifying.  Being charged by a thousand pound cow moose isn't fun either.  I got rushed so fast a couple miles form my house once that my boots came off int the stiff, deep snow (it was like zero degrees out that day) and I had to run in my socks to a safe place and wait while she stood on top of my boots for a qhile before finally leaving with the yearling travelling with her.  Nothing fun about scary wildlife encounters.  Also got followed by a very predatory-acting black bear that was maybe five hundred pounds (enormous) during a particularly bad berry/fish year when we had a lot of attacks- which I had to spray liberally with bear spray.  Still not nearly as scary as the tent encounter.  That may have been the scariest moment of my life.

:thisisheavyman:

Can't even imagine. Yeah a grizzly encounter would obviously be way at the top too. There would really be nothing at all you could do if an adult grizzly wanted you.

Quote:

psi said:
I had a group of 3 wolves walk past me pretty close one time. But they didn't really seem to acknowledge me and kept going. This was by a tree planting camp in a game preserve. They had been right in the middle of camp earlier.

what an amazing memory though

not many can say that a trio of wolves walked right by them

--------------------

OfflineKinko
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26334454 - 11/20/19 08:57 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Seriously ? A mountain lion ? A wolf ? Are you guys high ? The most dangerous animal you can encounter in USA is a bear .    In the world is an elephant followed closely by a hippo.    Excluding marine life

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: JonnyBtreed]
    #26334456 - 11/20/19 08:58 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I'd be more afraid of a hippo than a lion. Also polar bears.

--------------------

OfflineMpSeph
Cow Field Creature
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Nifflerz] * 1
    #26334457 - 11/20/19 08:59 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

The Bili Apes Would Be On My Top 10 Most Terrifying Animals You Could Encounter. They Call Them Lion Killers/Leopard Killers.

Pretty Much Giant, Aggressive Chimpanzees, That Have Been Rumored To Kill Big Cats & Have Been Caught On Video Killing Other Smaller Apes.

I Wouldn't Doubt It If They Would Take Small Children & Even Kill Lone Adults.

Hypothetically Speaking, If They Were Proven To Exist - I Would Think A Sasquatch Would Also Be Terrifying To Encounter. Considering Some Of The Stories & Encounters I've Heard/Read.

Any Giant Ape Would Freak Me Out.

--------------------
Tips For A Beginner Mushroom Hunter

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27146775

One Who Hunts Mushrooms Is A Mushroom Hunter. One Who Eats Them Without Knowing What They Are, Is A Dumb Mushroom Hunter. - Seph

OfflineKinko
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #26334458 - 11/20/19 08:59 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
The worst would probably be a Lion in Africa. Or a Rhino.

But in the US, it would be the Mountain Lion. They creep me out with their sneekiness.

Not even close

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: JonnyBtreed]
    #26334459 - 11/20/19 08:59 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JonnyBtreed said:
I'm a hunter, and it's a pretty creepy feeling walking into the middle of the woods in the pitch black at 4:30 am. Every single little noise just creeps you the fuck out. A fisher scared the shit out of me one time with it's cry right when I got into my stand.

Crazy to imagine being in other places and knowing there's things out there potentially hunting me on that walk. Sketchy shit.

See this is why I don't know if it would be possible to camp solo in an area that has large, top tier predators.

I did camp in the Yellowstone a region a few times, which is grizzly/wolf/cougar country, but that was with friends. Even though the scenario in reality is just as dangerous, having someone with you distracts you from that thought. By myself though out there?

Don't think I have the bravery required for that

--------------------

Entitiologist

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: psi] * 1
    #26334462 - 11/20/19 09:00 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

psi said:

I bet that was fantastic.  I got to see one wolf in my life.  We used ot have an older white wolf that roamed around Far North Bicentennial Park near Anchorage that I got to see out by the Beaver Ponds one day with a group of people I took out from out of town.  We were all very stoked.  Seeing three would be friggin killer...  Jealous.

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Kinko]
    #26334463 - 11/20/19 09:01 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Kinko said:
Seriously ? A mountain lion ? A wolf ? Are you guys high ? The most dangerous animal you can encounter in USA is a bear .

A grizzly bear, yeah. A black bear, no.

But a pack of wolves could decimate you into food as fast as a brown bear could if they had their minds made up on doing so.

They can take down buffalo, dude.

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Nifflerz]
    #26334466 - 11/20/19 09:03 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Anyway this isn't a question as to what is pound for pound the most dangerous. It's a question to each individual what wild animal would terrify them most personally. There's no wrong answer.

Well unless you answer a duck or something.

--------------------

OfflineMpSeph
Cow Field Creature
Male User Gallery

#26334468 - 11/20/19 09:05 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I Can't Watch 1 Episode Of Survivorman Les Stroud Without Getting The "I Wanna Go Camping By Myself" Fever.

--------------------

One Who Hunts Mushrooms Is A Mushroom Hunter. One Who Eats Them Without Knowing What They Are, Is A Dumb Mushroom Hunter. - Seph

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: MpSeph]
    #26334469 - 11/20/19 09:05 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MpSeph said:
I Can't Watch 1 Episode Of Survivorman Les Stroud Without Getting The "I Wanna Go Camping By Myself" Fever.

I used to adore that show.

--------------------

Entitiologist

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: alaskappalachian] * 1
    #26334472 - 11/20/19 09:07 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Bears are usually incredibly docile normally.  I saw four grizzlies in eight hours climbing Shaman Dome/The Wing/Tail Feather Peak this summer.  One ran out of a patch of hemlock crap I'd just bushwacked through right behind me when I crossed the creek and couldn't have cared less.  Before that I saw a large boar up a slope on the route in.  Before that- a sow and cub on my way over Ship Pass.  Earlier that spring I woke up to two bears meeting on a slope above me when I camped about 3.4 of the way in to scramble up Mount Williwaw.  They're everywhere and almost no problems ever.  So many bear stories omg- I foret how lucky I am sometimes having moved here years ago.  Sooooooo lucky.  For the record- whoever said apes... I'm terrified of gorrilas for some reason.  Also, count me out in hippo territory.  Just no.  Also- more scared of black bears than grizzlies.  They like to sneak up behind you and are far more prone to predatory behavior (as referenced in my first post in this thread...).

--------------------

InvisibleSARAtonin
Violent Dreams
Female User Gallery

Loc: Deutschland
    #26334475 - 11/20/19 09:08 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

A wendingo.

--------------------
“The problem with the Bourgeoisie is that they’re not relatable. They can not read the room and it isn’t a good look. This should have stayed in the drafts. #tonedeaf” - Karl Marx

Want to join a cult? Click for details…

Entitiologist

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: SARAtonin]
    #26334478 - 11/20/19 09:09 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SARAtonin said:
A wendingo.

:lolsy:

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: SARAtonin] * 1
    #26334481 - 11/20/19 09:11 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SARAtonin said:
A wendingo.

This? Does it really carry a spine with a a skull of spikes at the end of it in its natural habitat?

And what's with the antlers?

--------------------

Entitiologist

#26334485 - 11/20/19 09:13 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Ah fuck it's my mother in law... :awewtf:

--------------------

OfflineBANANA.MAN
Turd Ferguson
Male
Loc: Ontario Canada
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Nifflerz]
    #26334487 - 11/20/19 09:14 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

a bear if we are talking land. a great white shark if we are talking water.

also a bull moose during mating season, a rhino or a tiger would be up there too.

Edited by BANANA.MAN (11/20/19 09:35 PM)

InvisibleSARAtonin
Violent Dreams
Female User Gallery

Loc: Deutschland
    #26334492 - 11/20/19 09:17 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

They aren’t skeletal traditionally.

Quote:

The wendigo (/ˈwɛndɪɡoʊ/) or windigo (also wetiko) is a mythological man-eating creature or evil spirit from the folklore of the Native American Algonquian tribes based in the northern forests of Nova Scotia, the East Coast of Canada, and Great Lakes Region of Canada. The wendigo is described as a monster with some characteristics of a human or as a spirit who has possessed a human being and made them become monstrous. Its influence is said to invoke acts of murder, insatiable greed, cannibalism and the cultural taboos against such behaviors.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendigo

I’d imagine more like this.

--------------------
“The problem with the Bourgeoisie is that they’re not relatable. They can not read the room and it isn’t a good look. This should have stayed in the drafts. #tonedeaf” - Karl Marx

Want to join a cult? Click for details…

OfflineDebacle
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Idaho
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: BANANA.MAN]
    #26334496 - 11/20/19 09:20 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

a salt water crocodiles bite is unmatched in the animal kingdom. It would be comparable to trying to lift a truck off your body.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: SARAtonin]
    #26334500 - 11/20/19 09:21 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Aren't Wendigos only native to Newark?

You're like 1,500 miles away. You're safe.

:trustme:

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #26334515 - 11/20/19 09:33 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Polar bear. They don't kill you before they eat you, and they will totally eat humans given the chance.

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: nooneman] * 2
    #26334540 - 11/20/19 09:55 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

A group of Gang Members, A hippo, Any large cat, Sharks and Jellyfish.

Where I live now my biggest concern is a mountain lion, which actually isn't much of a concern because I've never seen one and I know they have seen me. Bears don't scare me too much. I have had the most problems with angry cattle.

When I was in Florida we would eat shrooms at night and then go tubing down the river at Ginnie Springs which is beautiful at night because they light up the springs, but not the river. In the river all you can hear on both sides of the banks while you're floating down is large alligators croaking. That is some terrifying shit to know you could float into one and next thing you know is you're being death rolled and eaten alive. We always got too scared and bailed out before the very end. Almost made it all the way a couple times. That really makes you feel ALIVE!

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Lophosaurus] * 2
    #26334542 - 11/20/19 09:56 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

The Great white shark.

If you see it you're probably ok.

My father and I have always had a hunting knife strapped to our legs when diving.
He used to say if happened he would use the knife to stab himself in the heart and get it over with.
I reckon I'd put up a fight.

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26334624 - 11/20/19 10:59 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Well, if we're talking supernatural creatures then then the Skinwalker would be my pick. Those giant supernatural wolves scare the fuck outta me!

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: alaskappalachian] * 1
    #26334656 - 11/20/19 11:24 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

alaskappalachian said:
Quote:

psi said:

I bet that was fantastic.  I got to see one wolf in my life.  We used ot have an older white wolf that roamed around Far North Bicentennial Park near Anchorage that I got to see out by the Beaver Ponds one day with a group of people I took out from out of town.  We were all very stoked.  Seeing three would be friggin killer...  Jealous.

This was in the Chapleau game preserve in Ontario. Camped at this gravel pit there once or twice for tree planting and another time as part of a 4 man crew doing forest surveying. With the wolves I was kind of robbed of the mystique because I had seen them right in the middle of camp not long before I saw them in a natural setting. They were hanging out near the kitchen bus when we got back to camp at the end of the day but scattered off when we got in. The cooks were getting concerned before we got back though.

A bit later on I was not really thinking about that any more and I went for a walk out to this spot where I had a fire before, in these low rolling hills with a lot of exposed rock. They passed maybe 20 or 30 feet away but were in view for a pretty short time, so my thought process didn't get too far beyond "well, I guess those are the wolves that were in camp before" by the time they were gone.

I had another experience when I was there with the smaller camp that felt a lot more spiritual so to speak. I was near the edge of this large flat area with a small pond in the middle and this animal came to the water to get a drink. Couldn't figure out what it was at first but from the way it moved I realized it was some kind of cat. It had black on the tips of its ears and tail. I guess probably a lynx though I thought it seemed like a larger animal. But I'm not sure there are any mountain lions there. Like with the wolves I was totally dumbfounded in the moment, but more so because I wasn't sure what I was even seeing.

For the main question I would say a Siberian tiger encountered somewhere it isn't native so you wouldn't even remotely expect it.

Invisiblecannabinated

Loc: Outside Flag
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: psi]
    #26334662 - 11/20/19 11:30 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

hog

InvisibleEminence
Male

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: cannabinated]
    #26334702 - 11/20/19 11:51 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I'm just glad we live in the era we're in, where we don't have to deal with 12 foot long scorpions that hang out in the bottom of creeks, or birds big enough to kill horses, or giant carnivorous hogs the size of a bull with jaws that can bite you in half.

--------------------

Invisiblecrackbaby
shitpost aficionado
Male

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Eminence] * 2
    #26334715 - 11/21/19 12:12 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

sometimes i worry about OD'ing in my tent when i'm in Hawaii, then getting eaten by wild boars.

i ain't afraid of no stinkin bears cause i got moves, son

--------------------
:awedance:

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: crackbaby] * 1
    #26334774 - 11/21/19 01:15 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I've ran into a few bears and moose in my day running around the woods in Alaska.

Most terrifying would definitely have to be some kind of large cat like a cougar. A machine designed specifically for killing.

I was actually thinking today about how terrifying being in the woods and stumbling across certain animals could be a death sentence. You could literally be pushed into a kill or be killed scenario and you don't have a choice.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#26334797 - 11/21/19 01:33 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
Quote:

JonnyBtreed said:
I'm a hunter, and it's a pretty creepy feeling walking into the middle of the woods in the pitch black at 4:30 am. Every single little noise just creeps you the fuck out. A fisher scared the shit out of me one time with it's cry right when I got into my stand.

See this is why I don't know if it would be possible to camp solo in an area that has large, top tier predators.

I did camp in the Yellowstone a region a few times, which is grizzly/wolf/cougar country, but that was with friends. Even though the scenario in reality is just as dangerous, having someone with you distracts you from that thought. By myself though out there?

Don't think I have the bravery required for that

I think it's always just a good idea to take a companion or 2. Most of the horror stories are people who went alone. Which really there is no need to not use the buddy system when fucking with the great outdoors.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Entitiologist

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: crackbaby] * 1
    #26334802 - 11/21/19 01:37 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

crackbaby said:
sometimes i worry about OD'ing in my tent when i'm in Hawaii, then getting eaten by wild boars.

i ain't afraid of no stinkin bears cause i got moves, son

I head they get fairly large there.  I used to run into boar here and there when hunting in NC and you just haven't lived until you're higher than a giraffe's ass walking through a thick strand of longleaf pine when suddenly a crazy screeching noise starts and a whole sounder rumbles through the understory... :eek:

--------------------

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
    #26334803 - 11/21/19 01:38 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Any/all Yeti! :cool:

--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

OnlineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #26334832 - 11/21/19 02:24 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

My 11 year old daughter reckons bogans.

:lol:

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Northerner] * 1
    #26334898 - 11/21/19 03:38 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I'm gonna have to go with polar bears and tigers. Both swim, highly aggressive, very fast and hungry. Mountain lions are more local but you can't compare a full size tiger to a mountain lion.. you can potentially scare a mountain lion. With a tiger, no way you're getting up a tree. Only way to survive is a lucky stick with a blade as it lunges for the jugular. They're also known to eat human and stalk prey. I can imagine bending down to tie shoe and looking up to a pair of eyes stating at you between some bushes. A polar bear is gigantic, and thrives in locales virtually impossible to save yourself. There's no running. Only guns, big ones. Then the last thing you see is a fat blue tongue crushing your skull like a walnut

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #26334905 - 11/21/19 03:44 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

For real though, imagine just hiking in the snow, and BAM, YETI!!!

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Northerner]
    #26334939 - 11/21/19 04:18 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Bogans? :lol:

The guy on the left looks Samoan :strokebeard:

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #26334940 - 11/21/19 04:18 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Loaded Shaman said:
For real though, imagine just hiking in the snow, and BAM, YETI!!!

:lol:

It would be rather startling that's for sure.

--------------------

Invisibleazzbo

Loc: Flag
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Enjoywho] * 1
    #26334968 - 11/21/19 04:39 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

A group of chimps.
they'll be laughing at you while they rip off your dick

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: azzbo]
    #26334973 - 11/21/19 04:42 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Large snake like an Anaconda would be pretty terrifying to come across as well. Heard a story about a guy who had one coiling around him and he had his arms locked together and out in a brace flexing. Him resisting the snake was the only thing keeping him from being killed. He was stuck like that until someone came along o something like that.

--------------------

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: azzbo] * 1
    #26334978 - 11/21/19 04:44 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Or baboons. Those fucks can be aggressive. Now that I think about it a gorilla would scare me more than most bears. Nothing like getting torn apart by some giant proto-dude with a 2 inch penis.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Enjoywho]
    #26334987 - 11/21/19 04:58 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Enjoywho said:
Large snake like an Anaconda would be pretty terrifying to come across as well. Heard a story about a guy who had one coiling around him and he had his arms locked together and out in a brace flexing. Him resisting the snake was the only thing keeping him from being killed. He was stuck like that until someone came along o something like that.

There's a pretty infamous story about a guy in...I forget the location now -- somewhere in Asia -- where a reticulated python killed a man and attempted to eat him.

Its mouth got around his head but was stuck at his shoulders. The shoulder width was too wide.

So when they found the poor guy he was laying on the forest floor with a reticulated python desperately trying to fit its jaws around the man's shoulders.

--------------------

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#26335003 - 11/21/19 05:11 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Ya that's some fucked up shit right there. I don't personally like to fuck with the wild too much. I'd honestly just much rather not. Same thing with the Ocean. I have no business being on it whatsoever.

Shit I was leaving for work one morning the other day and there was a fucking raccoon outside my door. I went to take a step toward it as I had to go that way to work and it fucking charged at my ass. Hissing and shit. I noped back in the house so fast. Well shit guess i'm not going to work today. :lol:

Sorry boss i'm not getting fucking rabies for you. That thing was fucking pissed at me for some reason.

--------------------

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Enjoywho]
    #26335023 - 11/21/19 05:28 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

For where I’m at a giant brown bear would be worst case scenario, especially with cubs.

For the world, the most terrifying would be a giant great white shark and being stuck just floating there.  Something about stuff in the water messes with me.  Or even a hippo, just cruising by underneath you and you can’t get out of there.  Or a big croc, absolutely terrifying.  The water seems like you’re so vulnerable.  On land you can at least trick yourself into thinking you can fight a little, maybe put your thumb through it’s eyes before you get ripped to pieces but in the water you just bob around until it pulls you under.  Fuuuuuuuuuck that..

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Amanita86] * 1
    #26335030 - 11/21/19 05:35 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I feel like the right sized octopus could constrict you and just let you sink down to the bottom with it

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #26335041 - 11/21/19 05:47 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

That would be a nightmare similar to the large pythons mentioned.  With the large snakes you can fight off 8 feet of snake here while still having 10 feet of snake over there still wrapping you up.  An octopus would be like 8 times that..

--------------------

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Amanita86]
    #26335045 - 11/21/19 05:50 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I’m gonna flip da scrip..  a brain parasite.  Running into some sort of brain parasite and feeling it ‘spread it’s wings’ in your brain and not being able to do anything about it..:omgz:

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26335054 - 11/21/19 05:59 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

larry.fisherman said:
I feel like the right sized octopus could constrict you and just let you sink down to the bottom with it

Being taken by a giant squid would be terrifying. Those things are huge and very fast.

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #26335059 - 11/21/19 06:01 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Quote:

larry.fisherman said:

Being taken by a giant squid would be terrifying. Those things are huge and very fast.

I hope it takes me somewhere nice the last giant squid took me to a dump.

--------------------

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #26335064 - 11/21/19 06:05 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Quote:

larry.fisherman said:

There’s documentaries on Humbolt Squid where they get aggressive and attack divers.  The footage is always at night so they come out of nowhere.  Check them out they’re terrible :nojustno:

--------------------

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

#26335080 - 11/21/19 06:16 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Bogans? :lol:

The guy on the left looks Samoan :strokebeard:

I think he's Maori or something. Funny show.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Housos

InvisibleAntigov
Male

Loc: Deep within the BibleBelt Flag
    #26335097 - 11/21/19 06:28 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Although this isn’t a wild animal, but a large rabid dog, the Cujo type, without a weapon to protect myself. With all the pit bulls running loose in my area, I’m surprise it doesn’t happen more often.

--------------------

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Antigov] * 1
    #26335099 - 11/21/19 06:30 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

...El Chupacabra!!!

--------------------

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
    #26335119 - 11/21/19 06:48 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

koods

--------------------

Invisiblecannabinated

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Crazy_Horse] * 1
    #26335128 - 11/21/19 06:58 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cannabinated said:

Mouse deer w/ fangs

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: cannabinated] * 1
    #26335159 - 11/21/19 07:29 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Crazy_Horse said:
koods

Quote:

cannabinated said:
Quote:

cannabinated said:

Mouse deer w/ fangs

--------------------

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Antigov]
    #26335327 - 11/21/19 08:46 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Antigov said:
Although this isn’t a wild animal, but a large rabid dog, the Cujo type, without a weapon to protect myself. With all the pit bulls running loose in my area, I’m surprise it doesn’t happen more often.

I realize it's personal opinion and stuff and I realize a pit can break bone, but realistically a dog isn't much of a threat.. Unless it's like bigger than you. You can isolate the head and if a dog went truly ham on me I'd be slamming it on the ground like mad. I would feel sorry for most canines attacking any human willing to set aside "aww cute doggo" vibes. And doggos are well aware of that.

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

#26335337 - 11/21/19 08:49 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

That being said I know a guy who had a pure German rottweiler , like 180lbs of muscle. Head like a basketball. I don't know what he did to it but I know it went retarded on his girlfriend the one day, he ended up stabbing the shit out of it then locking it in the house. She got all sorts of stitches

OfflineMpSeph
Cow Field Creature
Male User Gallery

#26335466 - 11/21/19 09:32 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Since Some Members Have Ran Into Wolves, I Figured I'd Share This Video I Found On Youtube.

I Have No Idea What Kind Of Wolf This Is Or How Big It Actually Is, But I Know It's Bigger Than Any Wolf I've Ever Seen In My Life Or In Pictures.

Imagine Running Into This Thing, Or A Pack Of Them.

--------------------

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: MpSeph]
    #26335477 - 11/21/19 09:35 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Timber wolves get gigantic.  That guys a dumbass for not calling off his dog, it would be no sweat at all for the wolf to tear it apart.  It almost looked like a boar hunched down.

--------------------

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Amanita86]
    #26335490 - 11/21/19 09:39 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Prob being in the water with a hippo

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

#26335501 - 11/21/19 09:43 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Apparently a black coat in wolves is a trait that was crossed back in from domestic dogs.

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #26335505 - 11/21/19 09:44 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:

The hippo would rape you.

--------------------

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Loc: Casa Bonita Flag
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Crazy_Horse] * 1
    #26335568 - 11/21/19 10:04 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Bears are so sketch.  Polar bears will actively hunt a human if possible.

This guy walked back after being attacked twice by a grizzly bear.

--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Herbologist]
    #26335571 - 11/21/19 10:04 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Here is a follow up interview.

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

#26335643 - 11/21/19 10:28 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MpSeph said:
Since Some Members Have Ran Into Wolves, I Figured I'd Share This Video I Found On Youtube.

I Have No Idea What Kind Of Wolf This Is Or How Big It Actually Is, But I Know It's Bigger Than Any Wolf I've Ever Seen In My Life Or In Pictures.

Imagine Running Into This Thing, Or A Pack Of Them.

An average wolf can is around 100 to 150 pounds. Big males can approach 200.

Let's say a particular pack of these runs 10 deep.

Wolf packs in Yellowstone, for example, have been known to takedown bison.

Bison can weigh anywhere from 1,000 to 2,000 pounds.

A mere human, if they wanted to, would be made very quick work of.

And while attacks are rare, there are documented incidents where humans were hunted and ultimately killed and eaten by packs of wolves.

--------------------

InvisibleEminence
Male

#26335708 - 11/21/19 10:51 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

larry.fisherman said:
Quote:

Antigov said:

I realize it's personal opinion and stuff and I realize a pit can break bone, but realistically a dog isn't much of a threat.. Unless it's like bigger than you. You can isolate the head and if a dog went truly ham on me I'd be slamming it on the ground like mad. I would feel sorry for most canines attacking any human willing to set aside "aww cute doggo" vibes. And doggos are well aware of that.

Actually just a few weeks or so ago some rottweiler mix, by the looks of it came roaming around my property around 12 am while I was on my porch. I went to check it out and the thing started lunging at me and getting really aggressive. I just kicked it in the head when it started running at me and that's all it took to get it to back off. I just wanted to pet the little bastard

--------------------

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

#26335732 - 11/21/19 11:02 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleEminence
Male

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Crazy_Horse] * 2
    #26335744 - 11/21/19 11:13 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineMpSeph
Cow Field Creature
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Crazy_Horse]
    #26335816 - 11/21/19 12:04 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

That's Crazy Lol, There's An Army Of Them.

--------------------

OfflineMpSeph
Cow Field Creature
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Eminence]
    #26335817 - 11/21/19 12:05 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

What The Hell Might Those Be?

--------------------

Offline1uptoadstool
procrastinator

#26335857 - 11/21/19 12:24 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Tigers fuck tigers. Most animals attack in self defense only but a tiger will hunt you down and eat you and you can't outrun it.

--------------------

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: 1uptoadstool]
    #26335871 - 11/21/19 12:29 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Not only that but they're smart enough to wait for the most opportune moment. Maybe you'll be sleeping, taking a piss ect :uhoh:

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: 1uptoadstool]
    #26335882 - 11/21/19 12:35 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

1uptoadstool said:
Tigers fuck tigers. Most animals attack in self defense only but a tiger will hunt you down and eat you and you can't outrun it.

Even Usain Bolt isn't outrunning a tiger.

--------------------

Entitiologist

#26335899 - 11/21/19 12:45 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
Quote:

1uptoadstool said:

Even Usain Bolt isn't outrunning a tiger.

Fact.  I have a friend who is a fellow photographer who showed me a video of his convoy of guides on elephants he was traveling with through a refuge in India.  A tiger popped out of the treeline into the clearing they were traveling through and attacked a guide that was traveling behind them.  From the time it erupted from the treeline to the time it jumped ONTO the man on TOP of the elephant, maybe three or four seconds elapsed.  I'd gather fromt the video the distance was around fifty yards.  It was quite remarkable. (the man did not survive, and nor did the tiger, for reference).  Usain Bolt wouldn't even be able to react, let alone run away.  Mind-bpgglingly fast.  I was stunned.  That said, I'd like to put tigers up at the top of my list with hippos.  Fuck.  Tigers.

--------------------

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: alaskappalachian]
    #26335901 - 11/21/19 12:46 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Thats an old video.

--------------------

Entitiologist

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Herbologist]
    #26335908 - 11/21/19 12:50 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Not the video.  Same situation.  Distance was smaller.  Cool vid though.  This was in 2017.

--------------------

Entitiologist

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: alaskappalachian]
    #26335910 - 11/21/19 12:51 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

The y have been trying to ban elephant-guided tiger viewing tours for some time now becasue this happens every few years, and elephants often get injured as well.

--------------------

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

#26335918 - 11/21/19 12:53 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Wow thats funny that it sounded identical and crazy that it was a different time.

Im all for banning those elephant guides.  It puts everyone in danger.  The people, the elephants and the tigers.

--------------------

Entitiologist

#26335926 - 11/21/19 12:58 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

It's one of many exploitative forms of "wildlife mangement" in India.  I have zero respect for their handling of wildlife refuges and the respective wildlife.  That video is similar enough...  I can't believe my friend even went to do this as he is employed with ADFG and works thus with wildlife here.  I find that the allmighty dollar compells photographers to do things they are morally opposed to.  This is a guy that warns people not to go to (x) or (y) every year becasue of increased bear activity during salmon spawning.  Go figure.

--------------------

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: alaskappalachian] * 2
    #26335930 - 11/21/19 01:03 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Its unfortunate the way tourism fuels the endless suffering those animals go through.  There are other countries doing the same thing.

I could never give my money just to "pet" a sedated & abused tiger or ride an elephant who's spirit is broken.  Its disgusting.

--------------------

Entitiologist

#26335946 - 11/21/19 01:12 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Utterly.  The video you just showed got my ire up.  A perfect segue to how elephants are treated in India and East Asia.  Horrible, horrible, horrible.  More on topic (I'm awful at tangents)- I'm mortified of giant jellyfish.  Can;t even stand getting in the ocean, but for whatever reason I have a mortal fear of jellyfish.  Gay AF, I know... :shrug:  Am I the only one- as I suspect- who is this scared of jellyfish?  Assuming yes...

--------------------

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

#26335950 - 11/21/19 01:14 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

If i was swimming open ocean I would be scared of running into a big group of jelly fish.  That would mess you up

--------------------

Entitiologist

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Herbologist] * 1
    #26335958 - 11/21/19 01:17 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Herbologist said:
If i was swimming open ocean I would be scared of running into a big group of jelly fish.  That would mess you up

:ewaahh:

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

#26335964 - 11/21/19 01:23 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah that video of that tiger attempting to take that guy right off the elephant is insane

Here's that video I mentioned of African lions taking two unfortunate cheetahs.

Start at 1:14 and then after that kill go to 2:10

Now yeah cheetahs are the smallest of the big cats, but they still go anywhere from 80 to 140 pounds...and those male lions just rag doll'd them.

The raw power is just incredible.

--------------------

Edited by Nifflerz (11/21/19 01:23 PM)

OfflineJennyBaker2
Jibber
Female

#26335967 - 11/21/19 01:24 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

probably a grizzly bear … bears are surprisingly fast and u cant outrun them

Invisibleforagedfungus
 User Gallery

Loc: out there
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: JennyBaker2] * 3
    #26335982 - 11/21/19 01:36 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

The Rabbit of Caerbannog

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: foragedfungus] * 1
    #26336010 - 11/21/19 01:50 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

foragedfungus said:
The Rabbit of Caerbannog

:whattefuck2:

--------------------

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

Loc: CA Flag
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Crazy_Horse] * 2
    #26336303 - 11/21/19 04:15 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Crazy_Horse said:

When I was living in Florida with a creek in my backyard my wife and I were just getting in bed for the night when we heard a lot of comotion outside. I grabbed a flashlight and checked it out. It was literally at least 10 raccoons in a circle. They were watching the 2 raccoons in the center of circle fucking. These horny bastards were running a train on this one slutty raccoon right in my backyard.

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #26336320 - 11/21/19 04:21 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Holy shit!  It’s like a swarm of Ewoks!  :snipershot:

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

#26336382 - 11/21/19 04:46 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

This is a really stupid question, and obviously I know some really, really brave people (or perhaps just crazy) have done it, but do people really camp out there in Africa? In lion country? In a tent?

--------------------

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

#26336437 - 11/21/19 05:05 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I remember watching a program describing animal attacks and these people camped out as you describe. Late in the night a pack of cackling hyenas takes a nab at their head and just drags them off. I think they survived

InvisibleShroomopotamus
Happy Mushrooming
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Funkotron
    #26336561 - 11/21/19 05:51 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Lice

--------------------
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #26336598 - 11/21/19 06:02 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

A wild horde of juggalos.

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Patlal]
    #26336609 - 11/21/19 06:07 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:

Juggalos typically don't attack humans unless they're sick or injured. But if you do encounter one do not turn your back. Don't run or else it will trigger its predatory instinct. Make yourself appear as large as you can and make lots of noise and hope it flees.

Playing dead is not an option because they routinely feed off carcasses anyway.

--------------------

OfflineAegis
Stranger
Male

#26336857 - 11/21/19 07:58 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Fucking tigers! Those things are next level killers. No chance of survival. None.

--------------------
"We are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.” - T. Mckenna

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Aegis]
    #26336887 - 11/21/19 08:13 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Aegis said:
Fucking tigers! Those things are next level killers. No chance of survival. None.

Siberian tigers are like some stuff from prehistoric times.

From nose to tail as long as a Cadillac sedan and can approach 800 pounds.

Think about that...an African male lion, which is a beast in its own right, can potentially nearly double an average male lion in weight.

Actually yeah, I think encountering a large male Siberian tiger would be the scariest encounter on earth.

If I saw one face to face in the wild every ounce of bodily fluid in my (and waste) would exit immediately. It would dump out like a waterfall.

--------------------

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#26336893 - 11/21/19 08:17 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
Quote:

Aegis said:

Think about that...an African male lion, which is a beast in its own right, can potentially nearly double an average male lion in weight.

Actually yeah, I think encountering a large male Siberian tiger would be the scariest encounter on earth.

If I saw one face to face in the wild every ounce of bodily fluid in my (and waste) would exit immediately. It would dump out like a waterfall.

Graphic.

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

#26336898 - 11/21/19 08:19 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Enjoywho said:
Quote:

Niffla said:
Quote:

Aegis said:

Graphic.

:trustme:

:shitmypants:

--------------------

Invisiblemycosis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSA Flag
    #26336929 - 11/21/19 08:30 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Tigers man!

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: mycosis]
    #26336953 - 11/21/19 08:39 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mycosis said:
Tigers man!

first time I ever heard that 

Good stuff, thanks for sharing

--------------------

Invisiblecannabinated

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL] * 1
    #26336955 - 11/21/19 08:39 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:

apparently this thing is the ancestor of the hippo :barbershreds:

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: cannabinated] * 1
    #26336960 - 11/21/19 08:42 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cannabinated said:
Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:

apparently this thing is the ancestor of the hippo :barbershreds:

--------------------

InvisibleEminence
Male

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Patlal]
    #26337325 - 11/22/19 01:00 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:

That's Tila Tequila's most terrifying animal encounter as well.

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Eminence]
    #26337420 - 11/22/19 04:46 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I havent heard that name in forever!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #26337517 - 11/22/19 06:48 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I would be rather alarmed by a frantically horny gorilla, even if they only have 3 inch dicks.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineFungiMaster
Entrepreneur
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bay Area, CA, USA Flag
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Asante]
    #26337605 - 11/22/19 08:13 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know man, if it was a bear I'd make noise like no other to scare the damn thing away. I went camping last time and it was in bear country. Took some acid and dmt and got spooked. Didn't sleep well. Let the next day though. Fuck that. Doing psychedelic's in the forest ain't that much fun for a city boy.

--------------------

https://tinyurl.com/wjuxagb

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: FungiMaster]
    #26337679 - 11/22/19 08:47 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FungiMaster said:
I don't know man, if it was a bear I'd make noise like no other to scare the damn thing away. I went camping last time and it was in bear country. Took some acid and dmt and got spooked. Didn't sleep well. Let the next day though. Fuck that. Doing psychedelic's in the forest ain't that much fun for a city boy.

I did a low dose of mushrooms while camping with a friend in grizzly country. We were in a campground so there were quite a few people not far from us so we didn't really dwell on the thought too much but it was certainly in the back of your mind

--------------------

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

#26337905 - 11/22/19 10:33 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

shrooming in bear country with just a tent would have me freaking.

I'd have to sleep in a vehicle, if I could sleep at all.

--------------------

Offlinechemsick
chemsick

Loc: usa
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Nifflerz] * 3
    #26338038 - 11/22/19 12:07 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Sophemore year I snuck out to see a girl 1 hour 30 minutes away. I walked there just fine and in 10 minutes her mom came In and I dove out the window, no shoes, no phone. hour later I'm crossing some train tracks and this big grown cyottee came out of a ditch and is now following me. I assume its 50-80 pounds, and worst comes to worst I'm a 120 pound boy and probably wouldn't die. I look again and its only a block away, BUT NOW A BIGGER FUCKING ONE IS COMING OUT OF THE DITCH, the first one was just his bitch. this cyottee was the alpha fucking male:eek: I was out numbered and this is the suburbs outside Chicago, these are not normal animals, they feed on cats and dogs and shit. I just kept walking as to not initiate any fight/ flight type of response in them, then as a fence came by, I sprinted along side it, so to not let them see me. and climbed over a few fences and ran a few blocks.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: chemsick]
    #26338046 - 11/22/19 12:14 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

chemsick said:
Sophemore year I snuck out to see a girl 1 hour 30 minutes away. I walked there just fine and in 10 minutes her mom came In and I dove out the window, no shoes, no phone. hour later I'm crossing some train tracks and this big grown cyottee came out of a ditch and is now following me. I assume its 50-80 pounds, and worst comes to worst I'm a 120 pound boy and probably wouldn't die. I look again and its only a block away, BUT NOW A BIGGER FUCKING ONE IS COMING OUT OF THE DITCH, the first one was just his bitch. this cyottee was the alpha fucking male:eek: I was out numbered and this is the suburbs outside Chicago, these are not normal animals, they feed on cats and dogs and shit. I just kept walking as to not initiate any fight/ flight type of response in them, then as a fence came by, I sprinted along side it, so to not let them see me. and climbed over a few fences and ran a few blocks.

Not trying to make lesser out of your encounter, as I'm positive it had you really on edge (I would've been too), but the biggest coyotes top out at around 40-ish pounds. An extremely big coyote could probably approach 50 pounds but that would likely be very rare.

--------------------

Invisibleforagedfungus
 User Gallery

#26338111 - 11/22/19 12:48 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Coywolves get pretty big...

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: foragedfungus]
    #26338137 - 11/22/19 01:01 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

foragedfungus said:
Coywolves get pretty big...

Yeah but something tells me there's not a wide selection of wolves for coyotes to mate with in the suburbs of Chicago :wink:

--------------------

Invisibleforagedfungus
 User Gallery

#26338208 - 11/22/19 01:43 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Some copy/pastes:

Quote:

With the emergence of coyote-wolf hybrids, called the coywolf, millions of these wily predators now roam at the edge of cities like Chicago and New York.

In recent years, residents of larger cities, such as Chicago and Toronto, have begun to notice a new neighbor living in their midst. This neighbor is the coywolf, a coyote/wolf hybrid whose presence has become more and more noticeable as urban population numbers of this animal have skyrocketed.

According to wildlife officials, in recent years at least two wolves have been shot by Illinois hunters who mistook them for coyotes, which are legal to hunt year round. Another animal that was shot was confirmed as a wolf-coyote hybrid.

Offlinechemsick
chemsick

#26338220 - 11/22/19 01:48 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

yeah I don't know anything about them, I was just thinking what a big ass dog would weigh. but it was the biggest ive ever seen

Invisibleforagedfungus
 User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: foragedfungus] * 1
    #26338249 - 11/22/19 01:59 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

My scariest wildlife experience was with coyotes (or maybe coywolves I never actually saw them).

Out mushroom hunting, I woke up a den of sleeping coyote pups.
It was nearing dusk, I was sloshing around the marsh looking for fungi, at least half a mile from the nearest road or house.
Their den was inside/under a big old stump. As I approached the stump they started to yip. Then I hear a howl from maybe 50 yards away. I was in between the mother and her pups.

I felt a chill like I never have before.

Went as quickly in the opposite direction as I could. Trying not to run and panic. Making as much noise as I could, banging my walking stick against every tree. Being as big and loud as I could be, so they wouldn't want to follow.

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: foragedfungus]
    #26338258 - 11/22/19 02:05 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Cane corso doggies are scary.

--------------------

Edited by Crazy_Horse (11/22/19 02:58 PM)

InvisibleLarabar
Crack Addicted Whorsicle
Female User Gallery

Loc: Koryo Kingdom
    #26338623 - 11/22/19 05:23 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

the whistling humans in trees. humans terrify the turds out of me. i suppose the scariest animal encounter to me would be a pack of blood-thirsty humans hungry for only me...chasing me...not stopping until the get me. i'm not sure whether the city or the woods would scare me more as a setting, but i'm purtty  sure it'd be the city/suburbs. who knows though...I've been in the wrong woods before, and i'm sure there must be worse :justdontknow:

Offlinechemsick
chemsick

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Larabar] * 3
    #26338748 - 11/22/19 06:18 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

imagine the feeling of the woods in the citys. all those scary peoples, and a concentrated dark forest in which no one can hear you

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: chemsick] * 2
    #26338751 - 11/22/19 06:18 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Wild City Man in the bushes?!

Ohhhh Fuuuuuuck :badtrip:

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

#26338756 - 11/22/19 06:20 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Zombies

--------------------

OfflineGorlax
Male

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Crazy_Horse]
    #26339298 - 11/22/19 10:42 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Wandered into a pack of coyotes tripping balls on shrooms. I was scared as fuck from the howling but think they were as scared of me as well. Stepped on a rattle snake and didn’t get bit. Being fucked up in the desert isn’t a good idea.

OfflineMpSeph
Cow Field Creature
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Gorlax]
    #26339323 - 11/22/19 11:11 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I've Heard About Giant 3 Ft Spiders In Other Countries. I Wouldn't Even Know What To Do If I Ran Into One Out In The Congo.

I'd Probably Either Run Like Hell Or Fight It Off With A Big Stick.

Edit: Imagine Getting Caught In A Giant Web, You Look Over & There's A Big Ass Spider Scrambling Towards You.

--------------------

Edited by MpSeph (11/22/19 11:12 PM)

OfflineJennys Island
R

#26339327 - 11/22/19 11:16 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

snakes

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Larabar]
    #26339558 - 11/23/19 06:53 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Larabar said:
the whistling humans in trees.

I have never seen any of these whistling tree humans at the zoo that you speak of

:notamused:

--------------------

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: Larabar]
    #26339559 - 11/23/19 07:00 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Larabar said:
the whistling humans in trees. humans terrify the turds out of me. i suppose the scariest animal encounter to me would be a pack of blood-thirsty humans hungry for only me...chasing me...not stopping until the get me. i'm not sure whether the city or the woods would scare me more as a setting, but i'm purtty  sure it'd be the city/suburbs. who knows though...I've been in the wrong woods before, and i'm sure there must be worse :justdontknow:

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: What would be the most terrifying animal to encounter in the wild by yourself? [Re: MpSeph] * 1
    #26339560 - 11/23/19 07:05 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MpSeph said:
I've Heard About Giant 3 Ft Spiders In Other Countries. I Wouldn't Even Know What To Do If I Ran Into One Out In The Congo.

I'd Probably Either Run Like Hell Or Fight It Off With A Big Stick.

Edit: Imagine Getting Caught In A Giant Web, You Look Over & There's A Big Ass Spider Scrambling Towards You.

Just read about this. Natives/tribal people near the Congo speak of spiders that are big enough to take small antelope and even the occasional human

--------------------

InvisiblePhantom45
Traveler
Male

#26339593 - 11/23/19 07:40 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Horney bigfoot

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag