Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
MAGICAL DEFENCE OF DRUG ACCUSED
    #2608135 - 04/27/04 07:07 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.westpress.co.uk/displayNode.j...ntentPK=9681026

MAGICAL DEFENCE OF DRUG ACCUSED

09:38 - 22 April 2004

An artist caught with 73 bags of magic mushrooms at the Glastonbury pop festival told a jury yesterday he was not intending to sell them - he was going to use them to make a model of a volcano Stephen Thomas, 43, pleaded not guilty at Bristol Crown Court to possessing a Class A drug with intent to supply.

And after a day of deliberating on his unusual defence argument the jury was unable to agree a verdict and was discharged.

The Crown Prosecution Service has a week to decide whether to have the case re-tried or drop the charge.

Prosecutor Paul Cook said that on June 27 last year Thomas was spotted stuffing the mushrooms into a bag by security guard James Mc-Kinney at the pop gathering.

Thomas, who at the time was high on psilocin - the fungi's hallucinogenic chemical - made a dash for freedom but was caught and handcuffed by police.

His false wig and ponytail fell off in the struggle - at which he allegedly said to officers: "That was my cunning disguise - it didn't work did it?"

They discovered he was carrying 73 bags of dried mushrooms, which he told them he intended to sell for ?10 each - although later he denied any intent to sell the packages.

In a police interview Thomas boasted that he could consume "a couple of hundred at one time because his body had got used to them," said Mr Cook.

Thomas admitted drying the mushrooms, picked near his home in Sheffield, to prepare them for consumption.

He said he only learned that magic mushrooms were a class A drug when other detained festival goers told him after his arrest.

Asked what he intended to do with the 73 bags he told the jury: "I was going to make a magic mushroom sculpture in the Green Field (the hippies' field at Glastonbury)."

"I was going to make a sculpture of a volcano and gaze up at it."

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrip
Lost Pilgrim

Re: MAGICAL DEFENCE OF DRUG ACCUSED [Re: motaman]
    #2611816 - 04/28/04 02:33 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

what a badass

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: MAGICAL DEFENCE OF DRUG ACCUSED [Re: Trip]
    #2614791 - 04/29/04 02:42 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Trip said:
what a badass

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2616070 - 04/29/04 12:08 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

His false wig and ponytail fell off in the struggle - at which he allegedly said to officers: "That was my cunning disguise - it didn't work did it?"

I fucking love it! :lol:

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #2627438 - 05/02/04 09:10 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

motaman said:
Asked what he intended to do with the 73 bags he told the jury: "I was going to make a magic mushroom sculpture in the Green Field (the hippies' field at Glastonbury)."

"I was going to make a sculpture of a volcano and gaze up at it."

Haha! :evil: I gotta meet this guy lol

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #2633150 - 05/03/04 05:11 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Its funny he got off.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #2634657 - 05/03/04 10:02 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

The jury must have just been like, "Fuck...We cant convict this guy"

Thats wild...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate