Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
A little clarification
    #2632595 - 05/03/04 05:27 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I have seen an arguement used towards me and others with increasing frequency around here lately and although I have pointed out the flaw in it to those concerned (you know who you are) they just keep on using it.

Its along the lines of if you in anyway criticise Israel or the US' one sidedness in the Palestine issue then you suddenly support suicide bombing and the like.

This arguement is also used if you mention the fact that you think the reason terrorists may attack western targets has to do with western foreign policy.

It seems to me these people are incapable of criticising the west in any way shape or form. Surely we cant be in the right all the time can we? Its easy to think that all arabs hate us and have been brainwashed by an evil religion or that they are just jealous of our right to eat Mcdonalds but is anything ever that simple?

Id also like to point out that I do not support the murdering of innocents whoever is doing the killing. As I have said many times the minority of extremists on both sides of these conflicts are the problem. So I am not siding with one side but with the moderate, intelligent people on both sides who truly do seek peace.

I thought it would be easier to clarify this point here rather than keep repeating it over and over. I can just link to it now and save some keyboard wear!!

Peace

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: A little clarification [Re: GazzBut]
    #2632746 - 05/03/04 05:57 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Good luck. I bet you'll have as much success with this as I do when pointing out the fallacy that correcting factual errors and pointing out the lack of evidence somehow makes me a Bush fan.

Keep trying though. Wanna bet neither of us succeeds?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: A little clarification [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2632864 - 05/03/04 06:23 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Their own words are that they hate us because we are infidels and do not lead holy lives. Their leaders asked us to help them against Saddam and they hate us because we did. Who is running the show over there? Should we have let Iraq take over Kuwait? You have repeatedly tried to justify the actions of terrorists and equated our and other nations activities with theirs. I can criticize the West, but not for this

--------------------

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: A little clarification [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2632971 - 05/03/04 06:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

exactly...

or that disliking bush makes me a clinton lover.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: A little clarification [Re: afoaf]
    #2634168 - 05/03/04 10:20 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

PLUJC

Peace, Love, Unity, Jimmy Carter.

--------------------

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: A little clarification [Re: zappaisgod]
    #2635642 - 05/04/04 04:25 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Their own words are that they hate us because we are infidels and do not lead holy lives.

Who exactly are you talking about? Can you be a little more specific? What is your source that leads you to believe you can stereotype millions upon millions of people?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlinetaco
IRC Whore
 User Gallery
Loc: Arizona
Re: A little clarification [Re: zappaisgod]
    #2651083 - 05/07/04 07:56 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

If irony was susbstantial, and you could put it in a somehow very pointy bag, and throw it at my face... yeah, that's what that felt like.

A modest proposal, regarding the entire Middle East drama hive:

Let's build a gigantic dome, covering everything from where Egypt ends near the Gaza Strip, to, say, Iran. We build a few pipelines in and out.. oil goes out, supplies go in, we could even have a nice convenient pipeline into space for them, so they could dispose of corpses easily. Communication would be upheld within and without the dome, but nobody could get in or out. What would this solve? It would solve the eternal "opinions are like assholes" problem that the entire world seems to have with all it's free journalism and the like. Nobody -really- knows what's going on there, unless they live there. Articles deriding either Israeli or Palestinian terrorism have political agendas behind them, invariably, so there goes your objective media, right out the window. Let 'em fight it out, and when they're done, we'll just pull down the dome and launch everyone over 40 into space, legalize drugs, and form a worldwide hippie commune and live happily ever after.

EOF

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: A little clarification [Re: taco]
    #2651175 - 05/07/04 08:23 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I love the idea of hippie communes in space but I think that covering the middle east with a big dome and letting them get on with it might not be the best way of achieving that!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlinetaco
IRC Whore
 User Gallery
Loc: Arizona
Re: A little clarification [Re: GazzBut]
    #2651394 - 05/07/04 09:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

It's recycling!  The current administration would put the dome up, and when they all get senile, all us youngins tear down the dome, stuff the oldsters in there, and launch 'em into space.  Suddenly, peace on Earth :wink:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion