Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineForeverGrateful
Stranger
Boomers for the kitty
    #2629699 - 05/02/04 10:08 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

hey. i was wondering about animals on mushrooms. i was talkin wit my friend about it and he said they could die or something but idk it was sketched out and i was thinkin wtf cuz ik humans cant die from boomers so i dont get why cats could. well w/e...i have an 8th and a teen left in my sack and i was wondering maybe i could share the love with my furry friend, uk being hte nice guy that i am at all. hes fat, but hey hes a cat so i couldnt imagine it would take him uch to trip. he weighs 23 pounds...i was thinkin about giving him a cap and a stem maybe...he loves to eat so i could probably find a way to get him to injest it, any ideas? i was thinkin grind it up and put it on some catfood? well lmk ur thoughts on the subject.

also, an off subject ? but ive heard a lot obout if u drink a lot (a gallon or so i hear) of orange juice during a trip, it intensifys it. any truth to this? ive tripped plenty of times (including today haha) but never rrly tried this. thanks every1.

peace out

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Boomers for the kitty [Re: ForeverGrateful]
    #2629714 - 05/02/04 10:11 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

What did your cat say when you told him of your plan?

The last I heard, the orange juice is mainly just a myth, it might help the mushrooms be absorbed quicker but that's about all

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineForeverGrateful
Stranger
Re: Boomers for the kitty [Re: Ravus]
    #2629726 - 05/02/04 10:13 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

my cat will probably like it. idk tho. before i had to quit smokin bud i got him high a couple times a day, i was thinkin hell why not share the love, im thinkin the same now. we have a bond, me and snickers im tellin ya we do. but anyway, got any ideas on how to get this fat fuck to eat these boomers, and do u think its safe? i would think it is...

OfflineForeverGrateful
Stranger
    #2629741 - 05/02/04 10:16 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

oh and also another ?, if any1 knows the anotomy of a cats brain please enlighten me, will my furry friend experence the same effects as humans do? im thinkin about just givin him a gram or something and see how he acts, lol i wanna see the fucker just do some stupid shit cuz im thinkin for a cat damn a G has to be plenty to give him a lvl 5 i mean its a cat, well if it works the same way at least. lmk any1. peace

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2629786 - 05/02/04 10:26 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

:mrt:

This is not a good idea. And if you must trip your cat out, start it off at less than a gram without a doubt, more like a quarter gram. You never know how such a small animal will react, and it's better to be safe than sorry

There's also the possibility that the cat will never be the same again, in a bad way. You'd be taking a lot of risks giving your cat shrooms, I wouldn't take the risks as you're risking a furry little critter who loves you's sanity. While people have done it, most of the time the animals don't even seem to enjoy it, rather just laying down and shitting everywhere

And I'm sure quite a few people will bitch you out for it, there's been posts like this before. I would not do it, but again if you're going to start out lower than a gram

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineFatVsAsia
missing thehappy days...

Loc: Bolinas, California
    #2629805 - 05/02/04 10:30 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

please just leave the animals alone fool

--------------------
Smoke The Weed

OfflineForeverGrateful
Stranger
    #2629809 - 05/02/04 10:32 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i dont see why i shouldnt spread the love personally. animals deserve drugs just as much as u and i do. lol yeah now i think about it a G prolly isnt a great idea since my 140 lb ass can trip off of 1.75...haha maybe like .5 g's...i think he will like it tho. i really do. he enjoys getting high a lot but sadly i cant get him high anymore:( well thanks for ur imput man i appreciate it, any more imput from any1 is also appreciated. peace

InvisibleArrakis
PsilocybinPsycho

#2629873 - 05/02/04 10:48 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Go for it, man.  Give it .5-1g if you want to see it trip balls.  Hell, at least it would break up the monotony of it's day.  If you want to do it, then do it.  I would probably mush it up in a little bit of some juice (until it's like the consistency of moist or canned catfood), and mix it with a little catfood in it's bowl.  I'd be interested to hear how this turns out. :beer:

It would also be funny to give it some catnip. :thumbup:

--------------------
Funniest shit I've read in a while:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=886829&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart

"He who controls the spice controls the universe!"

OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
Re: Boomers for the kitty [Re: Arrakis]
    #2629911 - 05/02/04 10:55 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

the thing is they dont know that there gonna trip.
with cat nip they know that it gets em high so they like it.
Unless you have a very odd cat hes gonna wig out and tear the shit out of your arm.

and smoking out you pets is diffrent, if you must start off very low.

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #2629964 - 05/02/04 11:08 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

man dont  give your cat shrooms, just eat them yourself :mad2:

OfflineForeverGrateful
Stranger
Re: Boomers for the kitty [Re: Kingkole]
    #2630003 - 05/02/04 11:16 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

idk tho im thinkin maybe get him in a good mood...i cant smoke nemore cuz of drug tests but i could get a bowl or something and make a mini cat size brownie and give it to him, get him stoned, then feed him the boomers? idk man im set on this tho i wanna see him trip off his ass. he deserves it hes 10 years old and kinda big and the doc says he has like a year left, i feel he needs the experence under his belt b4 he hits the turf and says goodbye forever. what kind of pet owner would i be if i didnt look out for my furry friend? well im goin 2 sleep then to school, so post if ne1 has more opinions. peace

Offlineesjay
Fully scunted.

Loc: Australia
    #2630387 - 05/03/04 12:35 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Dont be stupid, your cat cant choose to shroom understanding the consequences, it would most likely be terrified.

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
    #2630440 - 05/03/04 12:45 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Cats can't think logically - atleast not in the way that we can. It would have no idea what's happening to him. What do you think will happen when everything starts changing in ways it can't comprehend? 99.9% chance that it will freak out. I've never seen a cat freak out extremely bad, but I can imagine that it would do what other people in this thread have said and shit/pee all over the place. It won't just be a horrible experience for your cat, it will be a real annoyance to you (during your trip no less).

Getting a cat high is a completely different thing. That's just changing the way it feels (maybe more tired, energetic, or hungry depending on the circumstances). It will barely change the way it's thinking if at all.

In other words, I don't think it's a good idea. :smile:

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

InvisibleArrakis
PsilocybinPsycho

#2630718 - 05/03/04 03:02 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Shit, I would do it if I had a cat.  If it does funny shit, then you can videotape it & send it to Animal Planet, and they'll give you $100 & a T-shirt if they think that it's funny.  So I DO think that it's a good idea. :thumbup:

Do it, man!  Do it!  You know that you want to.  Come to the dark side. :eyemouth: :beer:

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=886829&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart

Anonymous

#2630744 - 05/03/04 03:29 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i admit i have asked this question before about my dog. cats can get high on catnip though. get him some catnip. they go nuts. its like their cocaine.

a kid told me that he fed his dog an abort, that was prolly like .25 and the dog was all shook up and scared for like 3 days straight, NOT HAVING A GOOD TIME. this was a big dog, now what is going to happen to a little cat off of a fucking g?

if you can not look at it from this perspective, then you are a fucking moron. now listen. tell me what do you think you would do if one of your buddies(keep in mind this buddy dont speak your language, no means of communication) slipped you a large dose of LSD without you ever taking LSD before to know what it was, and it was a BIG dose so you are totally going to lose your mind completely and not understand what is happening to you becuase you didnt take the drug willingly, you just think you must be going nuts.

???????????????????

InvisibleArrakis
PsilocybinPsycho

Re: Boomers for the kitty [Re: ]
    #2630755 - 05/03/04 03:46 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

You're trying to tell him not to, and you call yourself a juggalo? :what:

That's bullshit, man. You're no ninja.

--------------------

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2630855 - 05/03/04 06:37 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I would personally say don't do it. While some animals do eat mushrooms in nature (there have been studies showing that out of a herd of sheep that graze where liberty caps grow, a few of the herd continually eat the mushrooms, while most of them stay away), this is based upon their choice. If you really want to be fair about it, I guess you could put a VERY SMALL amount of mushrooms out where the cat could try eating them, and if the cat eats them by its own will (don't cover the mushrooms in tuna fish!!!) then perhaps it might be a different story. Search the Pub, there was a really long thread about this a while back...

but I would personally say that cats are already enlightened enough and have no need for mushrooms...

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Boomers for the kitty [Re: Krishna]
    #2630875 - 05/03/04 07:02 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Krishna said:

but I would personally say that cats are already enlightened enough and have no need for mushrooms...

I agree!

To the first poster, please have enough respect for your cat to not try and "trick" it into eating mushrooms. What a nasty surprise that could be for the kitty!

take care

*me*

OfflinejamboUK
A Fun Guy
Re: Boomers for the kitty [Re: MOTH]
    #2630995 - 05/03/04 07:54 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I guess you know your cat better than we do, so if you seriously believe it would be a worthwhile endeavour, go ahead, but on a low dose. I can't imagine my cats enjoying it, but then they all have different personalities, and most people I know wouldn't enjoy shrooms either :smile:

Just be really safe and start it off on a tiny amount. Oh man, I can't believe I'm dicussing dosing a cat. You know, something about this feels wrong. But what the hey, they only get to live for a couple of decades at the very most, and they spend that time sitting around, maybe you should give your cat a change. But probably you shouldn't.

InvisibleArrakis
PsilocybinPsycho

Re: Boomers for the kitty [Re: Krishna]
    #2631011 - 05/03/04 08:00 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

What if he ties it to a string, and makes it dance around in front of the cat, and the cat eats it? :lol:

Just kidding.

I read an interesting article about animals that eat hallucinogenic mushrooms, though.  It raises the question of reindeer+Amanita Muscaria=Red & White Santa Claus.  It says that people report a feeling of floating or flying after ingesting them.  In Germany they also have little "Pilzmann" (mushroom man) Christmas nick-nacks which are red & white; one of my German teachers had some.  Some say that Santa is red & white because of Coca-Cola, though.  Let me see if I can find the article...

Here ya go, it's a bit lengthy & is about narcotic usage among animals in general:

During mid and late summer the white, fragrant blossoms are frequently visited by large nocturnal hawk moths (family Sphingidae). They are sometimes called sphinx moths because the alarm posture of the larva resembles the Egyptian sphinx. Several species of hawk moths are known to visit blossoms of Datura wrightii, but two of the most common are Manduca quinquemaculata and M. sexta. The larval forms of both are better known as tomato and tobacco hornworms.

Since Datura, tomatoes and tobacco all belong to the Nightshade family (Solanaceae), the larvae are apparently content to feed on whichever plant is available to them. The larvae are remarkably camouflaged with green markings and are difficult to spot as they rapidly devour your tomato plants. After feasting on Datura (or your tomato plants) all summer, the robust, ravenous caterpillars crawl to the ground and burrow into the soil where they undergo pupation. Unlike many other moth larvae they do not spin a cocoon. Probably every tomato gardener has unearthed the large, carmel-colored pupa with its peculiar "jug handle" appendage, which is actually a case for the developing proboscis of the adult moth.

In warm regions there may be two generations per year: summer pupae produce adults after only a week or two; fall pupae remain in the ground until the following late spring or summer. The adult moth emerges from the pupal case and pushes out of the soil, eventually flying off into the night. After mating the gravid (pregnant) female lays her eggs on a convenient Datura plant--or on your prize-winning tomato plants while you sleep.

Adult moths have remarkable proboscides (tongues) up to 12 centimeters long (over 4 inches), long enough to reach the base of a 10-11 centimeter (4 inch) corolla tube. When the moth is not feeding the remarkable tongue rolls up into a neat, compact coil. The common white-lined sphinx moth (Hyles lineata) of the American southwest, with a medium proboscis of 3-5 centimeters (2 inches), can only reach nectar in the upper part of the nectar canals. Unlike the Manduca moths, its pupa lacks the characteristic "jug handle" appendage.

Drs. Verne and Karen Grant at the University of Texas have made detailed observations of hawk moth behavior (Botanical Gazette 144: 280-284, 1983). The hawk moth approaches the Datura flower with its proboscis extended, lands on the blossom, crawls onto the corolla throat, and inserts its proboscis into the nectar canal. This is somewhat unusual because on most types of flowers hawk moths feed from a hovering position. While feeding they often flap their wings against the corolla throat. The proboscis becomes moist and sticky after insertion into the nectar canal, and pollen from anthers adheres to it readily. Pollen also gets on the head and other furry body parts. Thus pollen is transferred from one flower to another as the moth rubs against sticky receptive stigmas at the tips of long exerted styles. According to the Grants, hawk moths are the only flower-visiting insect with mouthparts that fit the long, slender nectar canals of Datura wrightii.

Another fascinating aspect of the Grant's research concerns a rather unconventional type of floral reward for hawk moths visiting Datura blossoms. Several intoxicating alkaloids are known to occur in Datura, but heretofore have not been correlated with pollination. Apparently Datura nectar is "spiked" with alkaloids and the hawk moths seem to like it and come back for more. Sometimes they arrive early and hover around the flowers, impatiently waiting for the blossoms to "pop" open. Outside the windows at the WAYNE'S WORD? headquarters we have observed what appear to be intoxicated moths flying erratically around D. wrightii, clumsily landing on blossoms and crashing into leaves or falling upon the ground. With a flashlight their eyes glow bright red in the darkness.

Although the potent alkaloids of Datura have produced untold suffering and psychedelic binges among people through countless generations, they may also be an ingenious strategy to insure repeat visits by long-tongued hawk moths through the medium of drug addiction. When the moths sober up they come straight back for more nectar. Only recently are scientists beginning to solve the mysteries of plant toxins and how they may serve as chemical defenses or attractants, rather than simply nonadaptive by-products of plant evolution.

When ingested by humans, Amanita muscaria may produce visions and delirium, and it is perhaps one of the oldest known hallucinogens. Recent studies suggest that this mushroom was the mysterious God-narcotic "Divine Soma" of ancient India. Thousands of years ago, Aryan conquerors who swept across India, worshiped soma, drinking it in religious ceremonies. Many hymns in the Indian Rig-Veda are devoted to Soma and describe the mushroom and its effects. According to the Rig-Veda, Soma is without leaves, seeds or branches, with a head and stalk or pillar [the structure of a mushroom]; its dazzling red skin is like the hide of the bull [the red cap]; its dress like that of a sheep, with woolly fragments remaining when the envelop bursts [the outer membranous envelop called the universal veil breaks as the stalk grows upward, leaving white remnants on the red cap]. This is a remarkably accurate description of the fly agaric mushroom (A. muscaria). There are reports of Siberian tribesmen who ingested the mushroom to get intoxicated. Since the active chemical (muscimol) passes through the body relatively unaltered, others would drink the urine from these men to get high. This way a few mushrooms could inebriate many people relatively safely and efficiently. Lapland shamans eat fly agaric mushrooms for enlightenment, and some authors have postulated that this may have given rise to the flying reindeer and the red- and white-costumed Santa Claus legends.

Apparently not everyone agrees that the "Divine Soma" is Amanita muscaria. According to Terrence McKenna (Food of the Gods, 1992), the active alkaloid in fly agaric mushrooms (muscimol) doesn't produce the psychoactive effects described in the Rig Veda and other literature. Although the identity of the Divine Soma was eloquently presented by R.G. Wasson in 1971 (Soma: Divine Mushroom of Immortality), Terrence McKenna has continued to question the effects of Amanita muscaria, and suggested other possible candidates. Based on first-hand experience with these hallucinogens, he has suggested that a psilocybin "magic mushroom," such as Stropharia cubensis, is the true Divine Soma. In fact, he also states that the use of mind-altering psilocybin mushrooms by ancient humans in Africa may have been a catalyst in the development of language and religion in primitive cultures.

Amanita muscaria was apparently one of the sacred hallucinogenic mushrooms of the Incas, Mayans and Aztecs. [Other New World psychedelic genera included Psilocybe, Paneolus, Conocybe and Stropharia]. For the Indians of Mexico, Central and South America, partaking of these mushrooms was a deeply religious experience, enabling them to communicate with their gods. Cortez reported a mushroom (resembling Amanita muscaria) being eaten during the coronation of Montezuma, and in Guatemala stone carvings dating back to 1000 BC depict curious figures with umbrella-like tops resembling the caps and stalks of an Amanita mushroom. Mushrooms are also depicted in ancient Peruvian vessels and in the Mexican Codices. One drawing shows an animal-like messenger from god offering the sacred Amanita to a ruler seated on a throne. And a fresco in a Roman Catholic Church in Plaincouralt (Indre), France depicts Adam and Eve on either side of a tree of knowledge that is unequivocally a branched Amanita mushroom. Some scholars believe that the original story of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, where Alice speaks to a green caterpillar who is seated on a red- and white-capped mushroom, is actually the interpretation of a mushroom experience by the author, Rev. C.L. Dodgson of Christ Church College in Oxford (better known by his pen name of Lewis Carroll). Another hallucinogenic "high" that is commonly depicted in paintings and children's stories is the infamous, "politically incorrect" picture of a witch flying on a broom--the effects of a potion made from the deadly alkaloids of several solanaceous herbs, including jimsonweed (Datura stramonium).

Indole alkaloids contain the indole carbon-nitrogen ring which is also found in the fungal alkaloids ergine and psilocybin, the neurotransmitter serotonin, and the mind-altering drug LSD. [See illustration at left showing 5-sided ring with N at the bottom.] These alkaloids may interfere or compete with the action of serotonin in the brain.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag