Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleadoseofparn0z
Eye Opener
 User Gallery

Final Preps Before Innoc. (Help Wanted)
    #2630777 - 05/03/04 06:19 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

AFOAF wants to make sure everything is being done correctly before innoculation tomorrow night.. Just check over the basic procedure and tell me if it looks good to go, and I'll relay the message.

"I'm using 1/2p jars, and I punched 4 holes evenly distributed throughout the lids for each jar. Popcorn was soaked for approx. 24 hours, lightly boiled then simmered for approx. 35 minutes, and drained for 30 minutes while pressure cooker is heating up. Each jar is filled 3/4ths full with moisturized popcorn. Foil lid will be placed on top of the open but popcorn filled jar, tightened up, then then the metal lid will be placed on top of that. The other part of the lid will then be screwed on as usual. Another layer of foil will now be placed on top. After pressure cooking and allowing the jars to cool the top layer of foil will be removed from the jar, the needle will be sterilized, and approx .25CCs of spore filled liquid will be placed into each of four injection points per jar, and then the top layer will be replaced. After doing this to all jars, they will then be put in a safe place and shaken every 5-7 days until fully colonized. Jars will probably be cased using Sea of Shrooms (10-13 Jars), 60/40 Vermic/Coco-Coir (5 Jars), Outdoor (5 Jars)."

Everything sound good?

--------------------
For a reliable vendor with high quality merchandise at a great price, try BBB

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
Re: Final Preps Before Innoc. (Help Wanted) [Re: adoseofparn0z]
    #2630786 - 05/03/04 06:35 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Everything except the foil under the lid.First layer?
You need a Tyvek(envelopes)filter under your lid(They are free at the post office),then screw on your ring,then put 2 coffee filters on top of that then put on your aluminum foil(I use 2 layers).
You dont need to put .25cc's in each hole when using popcorn,just squirt 1 cc in 1 hole,and shake them up real good-the less times you put the syringe in that jar,drastically reduces your chances of contams.

Other than that--GO FOR IT!!Sounds good-keep us posted.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Final Preps Before Innoc. (Help Wanted) [Re: doc34]
    #2630792 - 05/03/04 06:40 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yep, what doc said.

And with a cooky cutter you can have enough tyvek filters to last a lifetime in about 10 minutes. (Provided you have the envelopes).

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineRacer6908
Intemediatecultivator

Re: Final Preps Before Innoc. (Help Wanted) [Re: Magash]
    #2639141 - 05/05/04 12:20 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hey quick question what this coco coir and were could I find a tek on how to make a vem/coco coir casing for a straw bulk tek I've been doing the Brf cakes for the pf tek for a little over a yeat know and want to move up, ande I was told that coco coir was the way to go thanks, Pinkeye.

--------------------
If It can grow in nature, than it's not a Drug.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation