Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Help! First-timer, Scared and Alone.
    #2628830 - 05/02/04 08:42 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hi, this is only my second post. Honestly i was scared to write anything because I wasn't sure how i'd fit in. Everyone seems to know so much about everything. I don't know shit. I didn't think i'd have much to say. Right now, I feel like theres so much to talk about, that there isn't enough space on this site. So, I'll start with something thats bothering me the most right now.
  A friend of mine, recently offered me some mushrooms. Now, I've heard many stories about these "magical mushrooms", psychedelics, hallucinogens, either way you say them,they alter your sensory perception. Sounds interesting, also sounds scary. I've heard more bad trips than any other. I also heard that you should never do them alone,especially for the first time. The very few but awesome stories i've heard, is definately enough to convince me. I want to do them. I can't wait, but i'm terrified at the same time. The girl who's giving them to me doesn't do them. There isnt anyone else I know that would do them with me. So, do I take the chance and do them alone? Or do I toss them? Please someone tell me what i should do.  :confused:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

Re: Help! First-timer, Scared and Alone. [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #2628874 - 05/02/04 08:57 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

First of all, if you do decide to do them, being freaked out before you even eat them is definately not going to help. You have to be very open, let the mushrooms do what they will. Secondly, if the girl who is giving you the mushrooms DOESN'T DO MUSHROOMS, I would strongly recommend that you have them identified by an experienced mushroom-lover. Nothing like eating the wrong mushrooms and dying to bring you down. The decision is up to you.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #2628903 - 05/02/04 09:07 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Be sure you are in a secure friendly happy enviroment, where you dont have to worry about people coming you dont want to talk to, or rowdy groups who give bad vibes to tripping people.

Ive tripped alone a few times. It wasnt bad for me, the only "bad trip ive had" was with my buddies. For a first time tho, id definatly recommend doing it with an expierenced person, or atleast some cool real chill people you 100% trust.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
    #2628913 - 05/02/04 09:09 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

You should definatly do the shrooms man... but remember to take a low dose the first time... like 2 grams.

But before you decide to trip, make sure you read up as much about magic mushrooms as possible.

You should definately do the shrooms, dont turn your back on this wonderful opportunity because you will see and learn things you could have never imagined.

I suggest you don't trip alone because it might just become too much, so you should find people that are willing to trip with you, that you are very close and confortable with. Try to get one or two of your friends to do it with you for the first time, because that way you can all journey to unknown territory together. Also see if u can get an experienced friend with you so that you have some guidance.

If you cant do any of that just try to get a person to watch over you while yo uare tripping.

id say 50% of the trip has to do with set and setting, the other 50% has to do with how good you are feeling. Find a place that you feel confortable and that you know you wont be disturbed by random sober people. I suggest a place in the wilderness or a park but not somewhere you can get lost. If you don't want to be outside find one of your buddies house that is willign to let you trip at their place without any interuptions (parents, guests, etc...).

Now, there's really no way you can prepare yourself mentaly for the trip except to ACCEPT the fact that you are going to experience something completely new, and remember that when you are tripping if things begin to get hairy, tell yourself "everything is going to be OK, anything that happens is the result of me eating these magic mushrooms, this is what is supposed to happen".

Do not pass up this opportunity to try something so new and amazing, even if you have a bad trip, you will still get positive things out of it. Trust me.

It's all good my friend, and remember, just goooooo with the flowwwwwwww (of the trip).

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2629091 - 05/02/04 09:52 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

DM Turner wrote some informative stuff:
http://www.erowid.org/library/books_onli...lic_guide.shtml

"I've used LSD more often than mushrooms because it's suitable to more diverse environments, and almost always produces the expected results. I've felt mushrooms to be more "sacred," and have reserved them for occasions when a more significant, mystical experience is desired."

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/essential_psychedelic_guide/psilocybin.shtml

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
    #2629309 - 05/02/04 10:37 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I highly recommend trying them alone, although not for your first journey into the mushroom world. Both of the times I've done them alone lying in the dark, I've had the most powerful and unbelievable egoloss and universal merging trips, the first even before being introduced to the cencept of egodeath. Honestly, I don't think I'll ever waste mushrooms by doing them with people again.  :mushroom2:

--------------------

Edited by deff (05/02/04 10:38 PM)

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Loc: out of my element
Re: Help! First-timer, Scared and Alone. [Re: deff]
    #2629321 - 05/02/04 10:39 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldn't do them alone. I just had my first real trip this past Friday (trip report is in Trip Tips forum if you want to read about my experience) and if my best friend hadn't been there I probably would've lost it. Not saying you will have trouble with it necessarily, but I would suspect it takes a strong mind to handle a strong trip the first time around.

--------------------
"Many times I've lied - Many times I've listened,
Many times I've wondered how much there is to know."
-Led Zeppelin (Over the Hills and Far Away)

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: Help! First-timer, Scared and Alone. [Re: Ginseng]
    #2629940 - 05/03/04 01:02 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you all for the advise. I'm definitely going to do them and i'm going to find someone close to me to experience this with. Whether it be good or bad, I'm down. I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes. And as far as if they are real or not, I'll definitely have them checked out before I do anything. Much luv to you all, till next time.

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

OfflineTrippinNinjaBuddha
ShroominSamurai
    #2634080 - 05/03/04 10:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Remember, positive thinking = positive energy  :laugh:  Happy journeys

--------------------
Jumped in a river, what did I see?
Black eyed angels swimming with me
Moon full of stars and astral cars, all the figures I used to see
All my lovers were there with me
All my past and all my futures
We went to heaven in a little rowboat
There was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD