Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMach z 800
Stranger
 User Gallery
Blacking out after a dab
    #26284305 - 10/29/19 08:33 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Whats going on guys? I had an interesting experience yesterday while taking a dab. Well basically what iv beeen doing is taking keif an dipping my dabs in to the kief. It gives you allmost a visual high at least for me.

Any who i my uncle gets off of work an im like yo you wana dab man ? He gose heck yes so i get him his dab an he rips it. Then i go an i take my dab next.

well about 15 mins i started to feel extremely baked an then very light headed an it got pretty intense an my stomach felt really up set. Well i must have blacked out because i woke up my uncle yelling my name an he was panicking .  I woke up like i felt like i was being woken up from a dream an kina took me a few min to catch my bearings.

After that he told me he was yelling my name an said he allmost called 911 be how i just blacked out. Then i ran to the bathroom an threw up what ever dinner i had in me. After that i felt better but i was really tired an baked after words.

Now iv been on some heavy acid an mushrooms tripps 100s of times combined an this was way more scary of ride than them both. Lol i smoke an dab daily so idk what the deal was. Maybe that keif dab combo is way over kill.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: Mach z 800]
    #26284350 - 10/29/19 08:58 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

some of uncle's dab was left in on the nail (or pipe) so your effective dose was up higher than usual.
it is not unusual to blackout at your momentary maximum.

I once fell face first into a big plate of Chinese food in a restaurant after smoking a big chunk of hash - then when I got up I started throwing money on the table and floor because my friends were taking me out of the restaurant and I did not want to be a slouch.

Missed a great meal there.

oh well.

just back off the dab size.

too much is too much.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineMach z 800
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: redgreenvines]
    #26284367 - 10/29/19 09:09 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
some of uncle's dab was left in on the nail (or pipe) so your effective dose was up higher than usual.
it is not unusual to blackout at your momentary maximum.

I once fell face first into a big plate of Chinese food in a restaurant after smoking a big chunk of hash - then when I got up I started throwing money on the table and floor because my friends were taking me out of the restaurant and I did not want to be a slouch.

Missed a great meal there.

oh well.

just back off the dab size.

too much is too much.

well i was pretty baked when i took that dab lol but iv never blacked out ever on dabs like that. I have once on mushrooms an woke up to every one haveing a 3rd eye ball in the middle of there forhead that blinked when there other eyes blinked that was pretty cool lol.

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

#26284391 - 10/29/19 09:26 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I’ve been getting increasingly strong weed highs off literally minimal amounts
Like less than a gram sometimes it feels like I’m low key tripping
Like I lm meditating deep with my eyes open
My point being, THC is a strange and random thing

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: Tripsten]
    #26284399 - 10/29/19 09:28 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I haven't ripped a dab so big that I've incapacitated myself, but I've essentially reached that point with edibles (cookies) on my first time around. Shit was insane. Essentially a low-level trip peaking for 6 hours with no let up. I woke up even more high the next morning. I've never, ever been that thoroughly cooked since lol.

--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
    #26284591 - 10/29/19 10:56 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Dabs are dangerous. Potheads will never admit it, though

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #26284617 - 10/29/19 11:08 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Honestly I second this ^^^
After I went through a dab phase I feel like my breathing became slightly complicated

What color was your dab too
That’s also a huge thing

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26284661 - 10/29/19 11:24 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

With no tolerance one dab will basically put me in a LSD headspace. Never visuals but I get spun. When i had a big tolerance to dabs, my brain wouldn't be able to digest all the THC and eventually would make me psycho. Regular bud is totally safe and should always be smoked over using dabs or wax pens

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

#26284746 - 10/29/19 11:54 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Is regular bud still safe tho ?
I hear the increase  in THC has made it more dangerous but I don’t know much technical stuff about weed like some people get into it

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26284815 - 10/29/19 12:17 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I believe it is. Everyone has a different threshold for tolerating psychoactives, though.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#26284957 - 10/29/19 01:22 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

the danger is if you go driving, or operate machinery or attempt to cook a banquet of perform surgery after a dab.

don't

being flattened or blacked out is not in itself dangerous, however, if you get stuck in a loop thinking you are dying and gasping for air (all psychologically) then the body may just give up because you went frantic too intensely.

stay calm

--------------------

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26284991 - 10/29/19 01:47 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I think it can be mentally dangerous when used daily and in large amounts. but I don't know anyone personally(besides myself) who has been burned by it, but you see the news stories of it causing psychosis and things like that.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#26285075 - 10/29/19 02:25 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mach z 800 said:
...Now iv been on some heavy acid an mushrooms tripps 100s of times combined an this was way more scary of ride than them both. Lol i smoke an dab daily so idk what the deal was. Maybe that keif dab combo is way over kill.

It's very likely that this happened because of low blood pressure and it can happen to anyone.

Cannabis/THC in general will lower blood pressure....but high doses of cannabis THC, especially when it slams into the system rapidly like dab delivers, can cause a rapid drop in blood pressure causing one to faint/collapse/black out momentarily.

I've fainted/collapsed from taking a dab before....it happens :shrug: . This happens to folks on mushrooms quite a bit too (mushrooms tend to make blood pressure super wonky). Sometimes shaking/convulsions occur along with the fainting/syncope, which makes some people freak out thinking they or their friend is having a seizure (but it's not a seizure).

Next time you start to feel that lightheaded feeling, sit down somewhere and just follow your breathe for a while...sometimes eating something can help a bit.

-OM

--------------------

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #26285104 - 10/29/19 02:41 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I've greened out a couple of times just from regular flower. It happens and is a known thing, and I doubt it's anything particularly harmful. I think bloodpressure just drops too far too fast or something.

It's just like passing out in general: vision gets all staticy like an old TV, then goes dark, then you feel like you're asleep, and then a little later you wake up all like "wtf?" I remember one time when it happened, when I was waking up I immediately said "sorry, I fell asleep" because that's exactly how it felt.

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: nooneman]
    #26285372 - 10/29/19 05:00 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Potheads love normalizing the negative effects of concentrates. It's amazing how much we as people will justify what we do just because we do it, and how we demonize the things we don't do.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#26285749 - 10/29/19 08:00 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

yes chronic use makes us duller than we would be otherwise, and in that dullness we may be screaming inside which is not healthy

--------------------

OfflineJustABoxOfRain

Loc: Under my LSD bedsheets
    #26285771 - 10/29/19 08:13 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Your story made me laugh, I'm glad you're okay

--------------------
Brotherhood of Eternal Love

I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe. I was not offended, for I knew I had to rise above it all, or drown in my own shit

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#26287377 - 10/30/19 02:24 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
Potheads love normalizing the negative effects of concentrates. It's amazing how much we as people will justify what we do just because we do it, and how we demonize the things we don't do.

It's not just concentrates that can cause low blood pressure :shrug: . The herb alone can do it as well. I've fainted/passed out and have gone into convulsive syncope from just a bowl of weed before, and another time from taking a massive bong hit of weed and standing up after (almost guaranteed to faint when doing that).....And experiencing a brief period of low blood pressure is not something that's detrimental/damaging to the body, it's mostly harmless (so as long as someone doesn't hurt themselves by falling if they faint/pass out).

And like mentioned in my previous post, mushrooms can cause low blood pressure too...LSD has done it to me also....I've fainted/passed out from mushrooms once before, and another time on LSD I was right on the verge of passing out/collapsing for a brief moment (my blood pressure dropped super duper low during the come up one time for like 10 to 15 minutes and I was barely hanging on trying to remain conscious, my field of vision was almost entirely black, full on tunnel vision, I couldn't stand up, ears ringing, super dizzy, super pale/white in the face, lots of cold sweat, lots of dysphoria and feeling unwell).

Lots of different drugs influence blood pressure, some folks are just more susceptible to such things.....Mix in other possible variables like low blood sugar or dehydration, and the issue of low BP will only be exacerbated.

-OM

--------------------

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: Bill_Oreilly] * 1
    #26287965 - 10/30/19 06:37 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:

It is amazing at what lengths some will go to persecute the “other side”
Why does it bother you so much that people love their weed in different ways than you do Bill?
Do you have to demonize everything that you do not condone?

THC oil in its various forms is no more dangerous than the herb itself. It’s all in how it is made and the material that it was made from. Any chemist will tell you the same thing.
Smoke a blunt or have a dab; it’s about the same amount of THC.
In fact concentrates and extracts are BY FAR healthier than smoking plant matter. Cannabis has hundreds of compounds in it. Lots of carcinogens. Extracts have virtually none when done correctly.

--------------------
Take it easy man.... But take it!

OfflineCosmic Eye
The 2nd tallest
Male User Gallery

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: SocalJosh]
    #26288067 - 10/30/19 07:13 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

This is crazy because I have never been there or have even heard of anyone passing out from a bong hit or a dab. Ive been smoking for 15 years and have been around some serious potheads. All of it, all types of bud to super concentrates. I can only remember one time where a dab hit of live resin left me in shambles. I felt like a crackhead because I was jittery and generally got high as fuck way too fast off of one hit. But, never have I slumped and passed out or even been close to that. Only that synthetic shit that I hit only a handful of times and once unknowingly, made me feel truely fucked up with serious tunnel vision and other negative effects.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures