Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
OfflineMach z 800
Stranger
 User Gallery
Blacking out after a dab
    #26284305 - 10/29/19 08:33 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Whats going on guys? I had an interesting experience yesterday while taking a dab. Well basically what iv beeen doing is taking keif an dipping my dabs in to the kief. It gives you allmost a visual high at least for me.

Any who i my uncle gets off of work an im like yo you wana dab man ? He gose heck yes so i get him his dab an he rips it. Then i go an i take my dab next.

well about 15 mins i started to feel extremely baked an then very light headed an it got pretty intense an my stomach felt really up set. Well i must have blacked out because i woke up my uncle yelling my name an he was panicking .  I woke up like i felt like i was being woken up from a dream an kina took me a few min to catch my bearings.

After that he told me he was yelling my name an said he allmost called 911 be how i just blacked out. Then i ran to the bathroom an threw up what ever dinner i had in me. After that i felt better but i was really tired an baked after words.

Now iv been on some heavy acid an mushrooms tripps 100s of times combined an this was way more scary of ride than them both. Lol i smoke an dab daily so idk what the deal was. Maybe that keif dab combo is way over kill.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: Mach z 800]
    #26284350 - 10/29/19 08:58 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

some of uncle's dab was left in on the nail (or pipe) so your effective dose was up higher than usual.
it is not unusual to blackout at your momentary maximum.

I once fell face first into a big plate of Chinese food in a restaurant after smoking a big chunk of hash - then when I got up I started throwing money on the table and floor because my friends were taking me out of the restaurant and I did not want to be a slouch.

Missed a great meal there.

oh well.

just back off the dab size.

too much is too much.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineMach z 800
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: redgreenvines]
    #26284367 - 10/29/19 09:09 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
some of uncle's dab was left in on the nail (or pipe) so your effective dose was up higher than usual.
it is not unusual to blackout at your momentary maximum.

I once fell face first into a big plate of Chinese food in a restaurant after smoking a big chunk of hash - then when I got up I started throwing money on the table and floor because my friends were taking me out of the restaurant and I did not want to be a slouch.

Missed a great meal there.

oh well.

just back off the dab size.

too much is too much.

well i was pretty baked when i took that dab lol but iv never blacked out ever on dabs like that. I have once on mushrooms an woke up to every one haveing a 3rd eye ball in the middle of there forhead that blinked when there other eyes blinked that was pretty cool lol.

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

#26284391 - 10/29/19 09:26 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I’ve been getting increasingly strong weed highs off literally minimal amounts
Like less than a gram sometimes it feels like I’m low key tripping
Like I lm meditating deep with my eyes open
My point being, THC is a strange and random thing

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: Tripsten]
    #26284399 - 10/29/19 09:28 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I haven't ripped a dab so big that I've incapacitated myself, but I've essentially reached that point with edibles (cookies) on my first time around. Shit was insane. Essentially a low-level trip peaking for 6 hours with no let up. I woke up even more high the next morning. I've never, ever been that thoroughly cooked since lol.

--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
    #26284591 - 10/29/19 10:56 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Dabs are dangerous. Potheads will never admit it, though

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #26284617 - 10/29/19 11:08 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Honestly I second this ^^^
After I went through a dab phase I feel like my breathing became slightly complicated

What color was your dab too
That’s also a huge thing

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26284661 - 10/29/19 11:24 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

With no tolerance one dab will basically put me in a LSD headspace. Never visuals but I get spun. When i had a big tolerance to dabs, my brain wouldn't be able to digest all the THC and eventually would make me psycho. Regular bud is totally safe and should always be smoked over using dabs or wax pens

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

#26284746 - 10/29/19 11:54 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Is regular bud still safe tho ?
I hear the increase  in THC has made it more dangerous but I don’t know much technical stuff about weed like some people get into it

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26284815 - 10/29/19 12:17 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I believe it is. Everyone has a different threshold for tolerating psychoactives, though.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#26284957 - 10/29/19 01:22 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

the danger is if you go driving, or operate machinery or attempt to cook a banquet of perform surgery after a dab.

don't

being flattened or blacked out is not in itself dangerous, however, if you get stuck in a loop thinking you are dying and gasping for air (all psychologically) then the body may just give up because you went frantic too intensely.

stay calm

--------------------

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26284991 - 10/29/19 01:47 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I think it can be mentally dangerous when used daily and in large amounts. but I don't know anyone personally(besides myself) who has been burned by it, but you see the news stories of it causing psychosis and things like that.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#26285075 - 10/29/19 02:25 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mach z 800 said:
...Now iv been on some heavy acid an mushrooms tripps 100s of times combined an this was way more scary of ride than them both. Lol i smoke an dab daily so idk what the deal was. Maybe that keif dab combo is way over kill.

It's very likely that this happened because of low blood pressure and it can happen to anyone.

Cannabis/THC in general will lower blood pressure....but high doses of cannabis THC, especially when it slams into the system rapidly like dab delivers, can cause a rapid drop in blood pressure causing one to faint/collapse/black out momentarily.

I've fainted/collapsed from taking a dab before....it happens :shrug: . This happens to folks on mushrooms quite a bit too (mushrooms tend to make blood pressure super wonky). Sometimes shaking/convulsions occur along with the fainting/syncope, which makes some people freak out thinking they or their friend is having a seizure (but it's not a seizure).

Next time you start to feel that lightheaded feeling, sit down somewhere and just follow your breathe for a while...sometimes eating something can help a bit.

-OM

--------------------

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #26285104 - 10/29/19 02:41 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I've greened out a couple of times just from regular flower. It happens and is a known thing, and I doubt it's anything particularly harmful. I think bloodpressure just drops too far too fast or something.

It's just like passing out in general: vision gets all staticy like an old TV, then goes dark, then you feel like you're asleep, and then a little later you wake up all like "wtf?" I remember one time when it happened, when I was waking up I immediately said "sorry, I fell asleep" because that's exactly how it felt.

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: nooneman]
    #26285372 - 10/29/19 05:00 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Potheads love normalizing the negative effects of concentrates. It's amazing how much we as people will justify what we do just because we do it, and how we demonize the things we don't do.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#26285749 - 10/29/19 08:00 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

yes chronic use makes us duller than we would be otherwise, and in that dullness we may be screaming inside which is not healthy

--------------------

OfflineJustABoxOfRain

Loc: Under my LSD bedsheets
    #26285771 - 10/29/19 08:13 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Your story made me laugh, I'm glad you're okay

--------------------
Brotherhood of Eternal Love

I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe. I was not offended, for I knew I had to rise above it all, or drown in my own shit

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#26287377 - 10/30/19 02:24 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
Potheads love normalizing the negative effects of concentrates. It's amazing how much we as people will justify what we do just because we do it, and how we demonize the things we don't do.

It's not just concentrates that can cause low blood pressure :shrug: . The herb alone can do it as well. I've fainted/passed out and have gone into convulsive syncope from just a bowl of weed before, and another time from taking a massive bong hit of weed and standing up after (almost guaranteed to faint when doing that).....And experiencing a brief period of low blood pressure is not something that's detrimental/damaging to the body, it's mostly harmless (so as long as someone doesn't hurt themselves by falling if they faint/pass out).

And like mentioned in my previous post, mushrooms can cause low blood pressure too...LSD has done it to me also....I've fainted/passed out from mushrooms once before, and another time on LSD I was right on the verge of passing out/collapsing for a brief moment (my blood pressure dropped super duper low during the come up one time for like 10 to 15 minutes and I was barely hanging on trying to remain conscious, my field of vision was almost entirely black, full on tunnel vision, I couldn't stand up, ears ringing, super dizzy, super pale/white in the face, lots of cold sweat, lots of dysphoria and feeling unwell).

Lots of different drugs influence blood pressure, some folks are just more susceptible to such things.....Mix in other possible variables like low blood sugar or dehydration, and the issue of low BP will only be exacerbated.

-OM

--------------------

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: Bill_Oreilly] * 1
    #26287965 - 10/30/19 06:37 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:

It is amazing at what lengths some will go to persecute the “other side”
Why does it bother you so much that people love their weed in different ways than you do Bill?
Do you have to demonize everything that you do not condone?

THC oil in its various forms is no more dangerous than the herb itself. It’s all in how it is made and the material that it was made from. Any chemist will tell you the same thing.
Smoke a blunt or have a dab; it’s about the same amount of THC.
In fact concentrates and extracts are BY FAR healthier than smoking plant matter. Cannabis has hundreds of compounds in it. Lots of carcinogens. Extracts have virtually none when done correctly.

--------------------
Take it easy man.... But take it!

OfflineCosmic Eye
The 2nd tallest
Male User Gallery

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: SocalJosh]
    #26288067 - 10/30/19 07:13 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

This is crazy because I have never been there or have even heard of anyone passing out from a bong hit or a dab. Ive been smoking for 15 years and have been around some serious potheads. All of it, all types of bud to super concentrates. I can only remember one time where a dab hit of live resin left me in shambles. I felt like a crackhead because I was jittery and generally got high as fuck way too fast off of one hit. But, never have I slumped and passed out or even been close to that. Only that synthetic shit that I hit only a handful of times and once unknowingly, made me feel truely fucked up with serious tunnel vision and other negative effects.

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Loc: maybe I had too much, too fast
    #26288076 - 10/30/19 07:17 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Mach z,
Sounds like a panic attack. I know you are thinking that you weren't panicking, but your body was. I have had this happen when I got too baked out and went to take a final in college. Sweat pouring out vision tunneled in and I was out.

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
I think it can be mentally dangerous when used daily and in large amounts. but I don't know anyone personally(besides myself) who has been burned by it, but you see the news stories of it causing psychosis and things like that.

Bill it would seem from what I have read of yours you are predisposed to psychosis as you have repeated multiple stories of breaks. I would suggest you don't do cannabis at all. I had a friend in high school who had a bipolar break in his 20s, everyone wanted to link it to a particularly high dose trip, but those that knew him knew it was a long process of increasing psychosis leading up till then. The wild imaginative stories he would tell and crazy made up words that would have us all giggling turned into his delusions later, he just was better at reverting to normal and saying he was joking. Later he could no longer sort the truth from his unreality and we started to recognize his behavior was part of the start of his illness. The other important lesson and this goes to your comment about news reports was that he was using drugs to self medicate. Studies like the one you allude to fail to acknowledge that the majority of people who develop mental illness first try to self medicate. We watched our friend go from a social cannabis user to someone who would smoke with everyone and then smoke another bowl by himself. While we all dabbled in shrooms and acid he jumped in and also sought out dissos and this was before k was a thing, so he was doing pcp. Alcohol was another factor, he could drink us all under the table and he was half the size.

For those of us who are not predisposed to psychosis dabbing is no more dangerous than smoking a joint. I use cannabis daily for chronic pain and switching to concentrates has made my lungs much happier.

I also can't help but find irony in you talking up dangers of cannabis on a site devoted to more powerful psychedelics

--------------------
This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Another pub thread
No crying in OTD
Click

Edited by Sugabearcrisp (10/30/19 07:19 PM)

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: Sugabearcrisp]
    #26289276 - 10/31/19 08:08 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

How can dabbing be the same as a joint when one dab equals like 20 joints :lol:

If you think taking in that much of any psychoactive chemical at one time and doing it over and over again is healthy, then I don't know what to tell ya

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

#26289324 - 10/31/19 08:43 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
How can dabbing be the same as a joint when one dab equals like 20 joints :lol:

If you think taking in that much of any psychoactive chemical at one time and doing it over and over again is healthy, then I don't know what to tell ya

You should learn to do math;

Let's say you roll a half gram joint;

500mg joint of 20% thc bud = 100mg thc

Let's say you are having a really big .1gr session of some really high quality dabs

100mg dab of 85% thc = 85mg thc

In reality I get way more than 10 sessions from a gram of dab and most extract methods produce dabs of less than 75% potency, so I have overstated things. I also regularly see bud over 20% thc

--------------------

Reason:
Another pub thread
No crying in OTD
Click

Edited by Sugabearcrisp (10/31/19 08:44 AM)

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26289330 - 10/31/19 08:46 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Never tell a pothead that anything weed can be unhealthy. He will get defensive.

Can we put that in the shroomery Bible or something?

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

#26289421 - 10/31/19 09:26 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
Never tell a pothead that anything weed can be unhealthy. He will get defensive.

Can we put that in the shroomery Bible or something?

Deflection is a typical reaction to being proven wrong, your response confirms this as well as your capacity for actual discussion.

--------------------

Reason:
Another pub thread
No crying in OTD
Click

Edited by Sugabearcrisp (10/31/19 09:28 AM)

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26289479 - 10/31/19 09:59 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Do you even psycho-analyze bro?

I never said 20 joints was a fact..I said "like 20 joints" as I was obviously exxagerating.

Keep trying, though. How many times did concentrates trigger a psychosis that regular bud wouldn't have? Probably a lot based on hospital data.

Keep filling that mind with massive amounts of THC..im sure it's just great for the mind!

There's actual side effects from quitting dabs over weed. Irritability is much more apparent. Lack of sleep. All that. R u HaPpY n0w?

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26289489 - 10/31/19 10:04 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

From Huffington Post

"Adverse health effects - Dabbing can lead to rapid heartbeat, blackouts, psychosis, paranoia and hallucinations, as well as to accidents and falls. Some are also concerned about the potential for abuse posed by a drug that delivers such a rapid, potent high."

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26289807 - 10/31/19 01:11 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I just don’t understand why you have to be so negative Bill. You are spreading misinformation. Huffington Post is far from reputable when reporting on any drug.

--------------------

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

#26290061 - 10/31/19 03:17 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Bill show us on this doll where the dabs hurt you?

Isn't quoting Huffington post against your fox contract or did they let you out of it?

Seriously dude you repeatedly made the claim that dabs were some amount stronger, so if not 20x what is it?  Thc by volume dabs are between 2 and 3x stronger and that would be if you consumed the same amount, which we know is never the case. Finally I never said cannabis use is harmless, stop reacting to words that weren't said.

The addition to the shroomery bible should be
"Thou shall not engage with trolo Bill O'Reilly"

Neways I'm done.

--------------------

Reason:
Another pub thread
No crying in OTD
Click

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26290236 - 10/31/19 04:49 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Look at you guys. Denying facts.

It obviously increases heart rate.

Blackouts? Look no further than this thread.

Psychosis? Happened to me 3 seperate times when I smoked all day every day.

Paranoia? Happens to tons of people

Hallucinations? My mom hallucinated on dabs. Scared the shit out of her. She smokes Tom's of weed, too.

I guess Huffington is so biased though..

Why can't you guys just admit that it's dangerous when used heavily? This is why I'm so negative..people like u guys who are blinded by their own drug use. Just because you do it doesn't mean there's not risks.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

#26290254 - 10/31/19 04:58 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Your mom like you is genetically predisposed to psychosis, neither of you should use recreational drugs.

It is sad that your illness prevents you from recognizing your double speak and faux facts...

I am off to do some dabs and die cause omg it is so dangerous ... the guy who IVs research chems told me so and he is clearly rooted in reality not

--------------------

Reason:
Another pub thread
No crying in OTD
Click

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26290376 - 10/31/19 06:09 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

O rly?

Why are psychs totally harmless for me no matter how much I do?

And no, my mom never had any issues with anything related to psychosis. She hallucinated after smoking it in mass amounts. Both of us never had a problem with regular weed.

Way to bring up IV 4-acO-DMT when it's totally irrelevant. You must smoke too much weed. Put down the dab pen.

Your bias is laughable. You are laughable. Everything you said was wrong.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26290422 - 10/31/19 06:22 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Hold up. Listen Bill I’m Sorry. I didn’t mean for this to be a gang up on you. Really.
Please take it back a notch sugabear.

I’ll agree that there are plenty of risks involving cannabis use.
But to be logical and educated I will argue that the risks have more to do with how it is produced and grown, the unethical practices of big canna, and the capitalist industry that has sprung up recently
Nowhere has the increase in potency shown to be harmful. At least not with scientific proof backing it. When John Hopkins says that increased THC potency leads to harmful effects then I’ll listen.

There have been plenty of scholarly articles on pesticides, additives, and solvents.

To the OP: one time I passed out on bubble hash, but I had been smoking and drinking all day. I was probably dehydrated and I am sure all of that played a role in what happened.

--------------------

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

#26290449 - 10/31/19 06:32 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Bill the type of mental illness you have has been linked to genetics. Fact;

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/264715.php

Like I already said your mom, you and your children probably should abstain from cannabis and any other drugs.

I read your trip report, it was text book psychosis. Pyschs may feel totally harmless to you because you are already unbalanced chemically in your brain.

My friend who developed bipolar also was able to do tons of pyschs at much higher doses than everyone else and with more frequency. He stated one time that he felt more normal when tripping.

I hope you get the help you need.

You may not have realised this but no one on this thread argued that thc was harmless, yet you have pitched a battle.

--------------------

Reason:
Another pub thread
No crying in OTD
Click

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26290459 - 10/31/19 06:40 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I'm begging to know why psychedelics literally do not effect me at all psychologically nor does flower, yet dabs do.

And my mom is not psychotic at all. She only hallucinated that one time, but it was from her doing too much. She use to trip and she smokes everyday and never went crazy like I did. None of this is genetic. It was literally labeled a "drug induced psychosis"

Do I need to say it again? It was labeled a "drug-induced psychosis"

And you saying you hope I get the help I need is nothing but snarky :lol:

And socal Josh, I highly doubt it's the way the concentrates are made. Do we really have to blame every other thing besides the obvious answer here?

You potheads are a dime a dozen. "Maaan it's not the drug it's like totally you maaaan"

Damn hippies.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26290463 - 10/31/19 06:41 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Dude literally blacks out from dabs..others go crazy from it...biased potheads blame genetics :lolsy:

How many sources do you want proving my point? Or will you guys just say they are all fake news?

Don't tell me the sky is pink.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26290541 - 10/31/19 07:07 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Jesus man. Wtf Bill. I guess some people can’t be civil no matter how hard you try.

--------------------

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26290549 - 10/31/19 07:12 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

You are trying to blame everything but the substance. Sorry for being a dick, but c'mon man. I am not arguing about weed itself. I think cannabis in flower form is basically harmless. But when you are dealing with something so much stronger like dabs, I would think any logical person would see that it can be dangerous.

My snarkiness was aimed at sugabearcrisp. My apologies, Josh.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

#26290739 - 10/31/19 09:07 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Sugabearcrisp said:
Your mom like you is genetically predisposed to psychosis, neither of you should use recreational drugs.

It is sad that your illness prevents you from recognizing your double speak and faux facts...

I'm sorry but that is nonsense.

People should listen to both sides of the story and not always immediately dismiss warnings with oh well he was/is just a predisposed fruitcake. Millions of people dislike cannabis and have adverse reactions, especially as they get older and the realization they are not immortal begins to seep in. Cannabis is an incredibly powerful, subconscious manifesting substance, that can exhume a humans deepest fears, with brutal efficiency.

We are also talking about incredibly powerful/modern strains of cannabis combined with an equally powerful and efficient method of intake. This could easily knock a person without tolerance for a loop, more so because he may well approach it with a blasé, oh it's only harmless cannabis attitude, instead of the same respect as a psychedelic experience.

Take a huge dab, without any tolerance whatsoever, and many apparently normal people could well have adverse reactions. This does not make them mentally ill, or predisposed to psychosis.

I know tons of people outside of the teen, to 25 age group bracket who smoked weed without any problems when they were younger, all the time, but will now no longer touch the stuff.

Remember too, that cannabis works on association. Many members here, have had experience with cannabis during bad or incredibly bad trips, and when they now smoke cannabis, unavoidably, and immediately flash back to a similar state of mind, as they did during the initial terrorizing experience.

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown

Edited by wolf8312 (10/31/19 09:20 PM)

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: wolf8312]
    #26290753 - 10/31/19 09:15 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

You hit the nail on the head.

I can literally trip without visuals if I dab with no tolerance. I know many people that is the same. THC is a damn strong psychedelic when used without tolerance. We haven't even mentioned edibles..

The shit is strong and to think anyone who experiences negative effects is just "genetically psychotic waiting to happen" is just ridiculous.

It proves my point that cannabis users will go to war for it whenever anyone speaks the truth about it. I always thought it made people open-minded..I guess not. It makes people biased.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: SocalJosh] * 1
    #26290767 - 10/31/19 09:26 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SocalJosh said:

Nowhere has the increase in potency shown to be harmful. At least not with scientific proof backing it. When John Hopkins says that increased THC potency leads to harmful effects then I’ll listen.

You do realize dabbing in general is very new, within the last 5-10 years has it only become popular and vastly available to the general public in legal states.

It takes muuuch longer than that of heavy prolonged use to even begin to get studies, it will take 20-30 years before brain scans can confirm what abusive heavy dabbing does to a brain.

Cannabis isn't cannabis anymore, it's simply GMO weed. Literally genetically modified weed, to increase THC levels. It's not balanced, it has turned into a drug that is easy for abuse potential.

And let's be real, heavy dabbing over long periods of time is dangerous, I myself have even went into THC induced psychosis, it's not uncommon. Super high potencies of weed is relatively extremely new to society. It's no longer a balanced plant, it's a plant that's genetically modified by humans to have very high THC levels.

I use to dab grams daily of THC diamonds, 99% THC, and knew people who would go upwards of 5 a day, it takes a toll on the brain, and usually ends in massive anxiety and paranoia, or psychosis.

Let's also be real, a cannabis addict will do and say whatever to backup his addiction to convince himself to keep using, "oh it's medical" "I use it for sleep" "it helps my anxiety"

Whatever your defense is to why you're addicted and abuse it every day. In reality if you are using cannabis for pure recreational purposes, every single day, for no other reason than to get high you are simply an addict, if you're abusing it then that's even worse.

--------------------
"In The Material World One seeks retirement and grows Old
In The Magical World One seeks Enlightenment and grows Wiser
In The Miraculous World One seeks nothing and grows Lighter
As we all tread the Homeward Path we will explore many Realms
And one day... we will all Realize that all experiences are Simply
Different ways in which The
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: Eclipse3130]
    #26290772 - 10/31/19 09:30 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Yay score another one for good ol unbiased honesty

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

#26290803 - 10/31/19 09:44 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Cannabis is literally a GMO. We've bred it so far for its THC production(greed) that it is no longer natural. Its lost its balance. Especiallyy extraction, you're just smoking hard drugs at that point, isolating the compounds that produce psychoactive effects and smoking copious amounts of them.

If I could smoke some wild weed, it would probably be one of the greatest experiences. I don't smoke anymore because shits just too strong, I'll have a toke of CBD Dominant weed once in a blue moon

--------------------
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26291279 - 11/01/19 07:05 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Hash oil has been consumed for a long time lol. Way more than the last 10-20 years.
Back in the 70s people were making BHO. It didn’t become popular till the glass blowers started making dab rigs. Before that everyone was hot knifing or just putting it on top weed.

You guys are literally spreading disinformation.

If you guys have such a problem you should start your own thread about it instead of hijacking everyone else’s and calling them dicks.

--------------------

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26291281 - 11/01/19 07:08 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Also now we are talking about “heavy use dabbing” vs increased potency overall.
Idk where you read that I said dabbing 99%thc every day is safe? Or condoned? Pretty sure I never said that.

So thanks for proving my point that it is impossible to have a educated conversation about weed when your guys scream heretic every time.

This is exactly the kind of shit Asante was just talking about.

--------------------

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

#26291291 - 11/01/19 07:17 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SocalJosh said:
Hash oil has been consumed for a long time lol. Way more than the last 10-20 years.
Back in the 70s people were making BHO. It didn’t become popular till the glass blowers started making dab rigs. Before that everyone was hot knifing or just putting it on top weed.

It was being consumed, but mainly in the form of hash, and very very crude bho. Much lower levels of thc, and much less effective methods of consumption, on top of that, the levels it was available and used widely were extremely low compared to today.

High THC concentrates and effective methods of consumption really only became very popular since 2012.

--------------------
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26291303 - 11/01/19 07:23 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Idk a lot of people who can afford to smoke diamonds everyday man. You are just taking this convo to the extreme. 30% THC full spectrum cannabis is a whole different story than 99% rocks. Most people don’t even get that kind of cannabis.
Mostly where I am at the average THC is around 15-20%

It’s ultimately up to you what you are getting. I guess if you choose to dab 99% every day and don’t think it’s gonna have an effect that says more about you than about cannabis.

--------------------

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

#26291324 - 11/01/19 07:31 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SocalJosh said:
Idk a lot of people who can afford to smoke diamonds everyday man. You are just taking this convo to the extreme. 30% THC full spectrum cannabis is a whole different story than 99% rocks. Most people don’t even get that kind of cannabis.
Mostly where I am at the average THC is around 15-20%

It’s ultimately up to you what you are getting. I guess if you choose to dab 99% every day and don’t think it’s gonna have an effect that says more about you than about cannabis.

That's exactly what I'm trying to say, I was a medical grower for many years, and deep into the cannabis industry even most of my career growing for recreational farms, anyone in the industry or plugged in with cannabis connects is pretty much free to smoke whatever they want for very cheap prices, it's not uncommon in legal states, most people can't afford it but the ones who can, and I've surrounded myself with a lot of them and was one myself, I'm saying it's dangerous and it's a hard drug at that point is all - I literally became so severely psychologically addicted and had serious withdrawal symptoms quitting not to mention the paranoid psychosis I entered at points of abuse. I kept in my mind "it's weed it's safe" "it's just a plant" etc while I was in reality actually abusing hard drugs sleeping for up to 14 hours a day. It was an easy escape just like a opiate addict or something.

My main point is cannabis isn't just a balanced plant anymore, especially when getting into extraction, the abuse potential is very high. I'm not discrediting the benefits of moderate and proper cannabis use, especially the medical proponents and how much it does help people - that is completely fine, it's when you are using it solely for recreational purposes it becomes an addiction and you begin to abuse it.

--------------------
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26291332 - 11/01/19 07:36 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Do you drink beer recreationally without abuse? You can have one dab and not abuse it.

The term “relatively safe” comes to mind.

I don’t completely disagree with what you are saying, but I can’t demonize all of hash oil or all of cannabis because of what happens when you habitually smoke it in its purest form.

I mean really? You thought there would be no ill effects from isolating and concentrating into its purest forms?

--------------------

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26291333 - 11/01/19 07:37 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Or is it just that you do not condone recreational drug use?

--------------------

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

#26291353 - 11/01/19 07:42 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SocalJosh said:
Do you drink beer recreationally without abuse? You can have one dab and not abuse it.

The term “relatively safe” comes to mind.

I don’t completely disagree with what you are saying, but I can’t demonize all of hash oil or all of cannabis because of what happens when you habitually smoke it in its purest form.

I mean really? You thought there would be no ill effects from isolating and concentrating into its purest forms?

Again this is the main point I'm getting at, most people don't understand that, and it's being sold in shops to the general public, it has turned into just another drug for abuse just as much as it helps heal. And yes you can use dabs without abusing it or becoming addicted but that's not the case for every user, especially when it's such an easy and relatively safe escape.

I don't think recreational dabbing has any value or purpose, other than the "recreation" which is simply getting high for the enjoyment which is perfectly fine in moderation, as with most drugs, it's not entirely safe though is all, and these forms of the drug have not been widely available in the past, and by how much it is pushed into the markets, it is now officially another "hard drug" that people are having problems with

--------------------
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26291371 - 11/01/19 07:51 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Nobody needs to get that high. When you need to dab everyday, you have a problem. Regular 25-30% weed should be strong enough for anybody.

The mind has trouble processing THC in such large amounts when dabbing everyday. That's what I have noticed, anyway. But it must be genetics..

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: Eclipse3130] * 1
    #26291377 - 11/01/19 07:54 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Let me back up.
What I should have said is: Cannabis in concentrate form is much safer for the user because there are less carcinogens. By far..

Smoking pure hash as if it was regular weed is not safe. In the amounts that people currently use the oils they aren’t safe. What made you think that it was ok to dab out all day like you were puffing on a pipe?

Leaning on substance abuse for escape as you put is is not safe.

Plenty of people can come home and take one dab and put it away. Or puff on their oil pen once or twice and be done. Your case is apparently an extreme one.
To say that concentrates are not medical is just nonsense. You are saying that THC has no medical value

--------------------

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

#26291386 - 11/01/19 07:57 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Simply saying the recreational use/abuse has no medical value, but that's a given :lol:

What made me think it was ok? I was addicted.. it's hard to stop when you have to run through a week of harsh withdrawal symptoms.

--------------------
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

#26291389 - 11/01/19 07:59 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
Nobody needs to get that high. When you need to dab everyday, you have a problem. Regular 25-30% weed should be strong enough for anybody.

The mind has trouble processing THC in such large amounts when dabbing everyday. That's what I have noticed, anyway. But it must be genetics..

Yessir. It basically floods dopamine to such an extent your mind will start creating patterns that don't even exist, this is when the paranoia and sensory overload comes in, your brain is on hyper-drive trying to process too much information at one given time, and then it becomes overwhelming and the psychosis can develop from that state and especially prolonged daily immersion in that state as your brain grasps for control and grounding

--------------------
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

#26291393 - 11/01/19 08:03 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Along with the abuse we have also seen medical problems arise such as Cannabis Hypermesis Syndrome which is a rare but increasingly common condition

--------------------
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#26291544 - 11/01/19 09:46 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I think Bill is a bit extreme in reactions about this, but THC can be as strong as any other psychedelic with the added effect of sedation which can be dark and if people are inclined to fear and looping (on that day) then they will get powerful bummer experiences - This is the same as with other psychedelics.

I prefer lysergamides as they are more wakefull, so brighter than cannabis, but I am happy to toke lightly at least half the time.

--------------------

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: redgreenvines] * 1
    #26291574 - 11/01/19 10:02 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry if I was being extreme, I just hate when potheads claim that dabbing is as safe as flower. I didn't say anything that was false, did I? I just don't have patience for people who should know that simple truth, yet refute it when anyone mentions it.

Always turn shit around on me. Can I ever be right on here? It's like when people agree with me, I'm still wrong because I "was being extreme" but it's all good.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

#26291578 - 11/01/19 10:04 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I suspect we are in fundamental agreement on the main issues here anyway and don't need to fall out over it. Some people have no problems with cannabis and understandably don't need to be told cannabis is dangerous or harmful when for themselves it isn't! Lucky bastards if you ask me! 

I have a friend who never gets like I do when he smokes weed, for him cannabis is just pure fun and relaxation. I just don't think it has the potential to affect him as it does myself, but he also hasn't had my experiences with psychedelics (or life in general) and cannabis combined, nor did he start smoking or eating edibles at a relatively young age.

Rather than saying cannabis is harmful it's probably better to say instead that cannabis has the potential to be harmful in certain situations and/or personalities.

But likewise people who warn of the dangers of cannabis should not be flippantly dismissed as mentally defective, as even people who smoke cannabis now without any problems whatsoever should keep in mind that this can all change. The same with habitual use or addiction.

And one thing I really do feel very strongly about, is please take care mixing psychedelics and cannabis together.

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: wolf8312]
    #26291652 - 11/01/19 10:25 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah for some people, they just never seem high. I could never understand the ones who become extroverted after smoking. For me, it always makes me introverted. That's how I know I'm high. I couldn't imagine it any other way. I'm just saying that dabs are totally unnessassary and there's a risk involved that isn't with flower. Why take that risk? Im not telling anyone what to do..I'm just saying to not be niave and go to war for something that really can be harmful. Just because it's not harmful for every single soul who uses it doesn't mean it's not harmful, but not everyone who thinks they belong in that category are in that category. Also, not everyone who has negative effects from dabbing has schizo genetics. The dude in this thread who said me or my mom should never touch a psychedelic drug because we experienced negative effects from dabbing set me off. That's just ridiculous. People act like they want to get engaged to this damn plant. They will defend it at all costs.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

#26292027 - 11/01/19 01:10 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
Yeah for some people, they just never seem high. I could never understand the ones who become extroverted after smoking. For me, it always makes me introverted. That's how I know I'm high. I couldn't imagine it any other way. I'm just saying that dabs are totally unnessassary and there's a risk involved that isn't with flower. Why take that risk? Im not telling anyone what to do..I'm just saying to not be niave and go to war for something that really can be harmful. Just because it's not harmful for every single soul who uses it doesn't mean it's not harmful, but not everyone who thinks they belong in that category are in that category. Also, not everyone who has negative effects from dabbing has schizo genetics. The dude in this thread who said me or my mom should never touch a psychedelic drug because we experienced negative effects from dabbing set me off. That's just ridiculous. People act like they want to get engaged to this damn plant. They will defend it at all costs.

There's definitely a lot of cognitive dissonance when it comes to drug use, especially for drugs like Kratom, or cannabis where the drugs themselves are rather benign, and the user integrates them so completely into his life or lifestyle, that eventually he cannot really remember what life was like without them.

I've seen some Kratom users who treat it as if it's Ayahuasca and will defend it till they are blue in the face, swearing that Kratom has no side effects, and is not physically addictive. Others on the other hand, act as if it is heroin!

I still love and use cannabis, but when I go back home (I'm an expat) I only really need a toke to get effects. If I step over this line, it can be a real ordeal, and shock to my system, and I've always got to go through the psychedelic ritual of facing, and surrendering to death again.

The fact that I keep going back to it compulsively like this, is a manifestation of my own madness I think, not true madness you understand, but at least by Einsteins metaphorical definition of doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results.

Addictive bordering on masochistic behavior though really...

I think I stopped using Ayahusca because one day when hungover I suddenly comprehended, and remembered what it was, in everyday, sober reality. It was as if from that point I didn't need to go back, and remind myself what it actually was, because I could suddenly picture it vividly (well more vividly)!

Every time I went back to Aya before that, although I would eventually settle into it and enjoy/manage it (and so return), I cursed myself for not remembering what I had truly meant the last time, when I had told myself to never do this ever again!

Cannabis -without tolerance- if I marginally over do it, always feels as if I am balanced on a precipice upon the edge of the abyss itself. Death basically. As with Ayahuasca I will overdo it, and then swear to myself never again, only to return and repeat like some endlessly reincarnating idiot stuck in a self-perpetuating cycle of death and rebirth.

The lesson is perhaps obvious, let go, and move on...

I am glad I don't live in a country where I have access to cannabis because I would be smoking it all the time. Then it could be a problem but in a different way, as in that situation I would develop a tolerance to the effects.

Sorry to derail the thread OP! To be fair I ended up derailing my own post in the end, with my waffling, so I got my just deserts!:laugh: I think I need to go and lie down!

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#26293535 - 11/02/19 07:16 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
Sorry if I was being extreme, I just hate when potheads claim that dabbing is as safe as flower. I didn't say anything that was false, did I? I just don't have patience for people who should know that simple truth, yet refute it when anyone mentions it.

Always turn shit around on me. Can I ever be right on here? It's like when people agree with me, I'm still wrong because I "was being extreme" but it's all good.

you are right, both ways, the average person is a lazy thinker and pot will increase that leading to trubble.
also you set yourself up to be opposed, but I think that is a foil.

--------------------

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

#26293606 - 11/02/19 08:02 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:

People with social anxiety often times find cannabis an effective treatment far safer then benzos. For people like that, self included, getting high reduces anxiety and makes them more extroverted.

I never said cannabis was 100% safe, but if you are going to use it then higher potency products mean that you need to consume less, which for smoking means less lung damage (see I said it is bad for you), it's called harm reduction.

You have posted that you suffer from schizophrenia, it is a genetic disease (did you read the scientific article I linked?) your mom would likely have the same genetic predisposition. The fact, provided by you, that you both have symptoms of psychosis on cannabis was why I would say you should avoid it.

If I had haullicantions on thc I would use benzos for my anxiety and op8s for my pain, but I don't and there for I chose cannabis because it is safer based on ld.

Quote:

Eclipse3130 said:
Quote:

SocalJosh said:

You do realize dabbing in general is very new, within the last 5-10 years has it only become popular and vastly available to the general public in legal states.

It takes muuuch longer than that of heavy prolonged use to even begin to get studies, it will take 20-30 years before brain scans can confirm what abusive heavy dabbing does to a brain.

Cannabis isn't cannabis anymore, it's simply GMO weed. Literally genetically modified weed, to increase THC levels. It's not balanced, it has turned into a drug that is easy for abuse potential.

And let's be real, heavy dabbing over long periods of time is dangerous, I myself have even went into THC induced psychosis, it's not uncommon. Super high potencies of weed is relatively extremely new to society. It's no longer a balanced plant, it's a plant that's genetically modified by humans to have very high THC levels.

I use to dab grams daily of THC diamonds, 99% THC, and knew people who would go upwards of 5 a day, it takes a toll on the brain, and usually ends in massive anxiety and paranoia, or psychosis.

Let's also be real, a cannabis addict will do and say whatever to backup his addiction to convince himself to keep using, "oh it's medical" "I use it for sleep" "it helps my anxiety"

Whatever your defense is to why you're addicted and abuse it every day. In reality if you are using cannabis for pure recreational purposes, every single day, for no other reason than to get high you are simply an addict, if you're abusing it then that's even worse.

Over a gram a day is abuse, a gram lasts me a week or 2. I can't imagine how you could be functional and hold down a job like that.

Quote:

SocalJosh said:
Let me back up.
What I should have said is: Cannabis in concentrate form is much safer for the user because there are less carcinogens. By far..

Smoking pure hash as if it was regular weed is not safe. In the amounts that people currently use the oils they aren’t safe. What made you think that it was ok to dab out all day like you were puffing on a pipe?

Leaning on substance abuse for escape as you put is is not safe.

Plenty of people can come home and take one dab and put it away. Or puff on their oil pen once or twice and be done. Your case is apparently an extreme one.
To say that concentrates are not medical is just nonsense. You are saying that THC has no medical value

Yep, I fiest saw hash oil in 1991, not because it didnt exist before then, that was just the first time I'd acquired some.

--------------------

Reason:
Another pub thread
No crying in OTD
Click

OfflineFungiMaster
Entrepreneur
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bay Area, CA, USA Flag
    #26293708 - 11/02/19 08:58 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Well I'd back off the amount of dab if you're passing out because of it bro. Makes me wish I had some weed bro. Passing out from dabbing. I smoked 2 hits of extract wax in a glass device and was high a day and a half.

--------------------

https://tinyurl.com/wjuxagb

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: FungiMaster]
    #26293760 - 11/02/19 09:35 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Sugabear, if you actually read my posts, you would see that I was diagnosed with A DRUG-INDUCED PSYCHOSIS"

do you know what that means? It means that drugs caused my psychosis. No clue how it can be any clearer.

My mom is not schizophrenic...she experienced hallucinations one time on dabs.

If I was schizo I would be on medication and wouldn't be able to function without them. I am not on meds and I am totally fine mentally...besides when I start dabbing everyday. Would ya look at that?

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26293768 - 11/02/19 09:38 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Don't break your bones twisting in that pretzel, dab supporters.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

#26293777 - 11/02/19 09:43 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

A gram a day is definitely abuse if it's high potency, but sometimes I would take half gram and full gram dabs in a single dab. Some of the most terrifying experiences of my life :lol: and cannabis never cured my social anxiety, it actually made it worse by enhancing the negative voice in my head, on top of draining my energy and simply not wanting to talk anymore as well. I also didn't have a job at the time I was sleeping for 14 hours a day sometimes from the heavy dabbing. And a gram a day is on the LOW side where I'm from, I had a friend who would go up to 9 and could take 3 gram dabs, he was a concentrate plug so he could afford it too

--------------------
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

#26293829 - 11/02/19 10:09 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
That trip occured way before my mental health issues.

The very first time i experienced schizophrenia type thoughts was here on the shroomery, actually. I was in the shroomery chat and a couple users started messing with me saying i was going to be killed and all this crazy stuff i believed 100%. Then the whole chat turned on me and it made me horrified. I was reading everything everyone wrote in a different way. I took every word and spun them automativally in my head to fit the notion i was going to be killed.

I forget the user, but lurking around here is 1 user who is responsible for the start of my schizophrenia.
He thought it was funny to fuck with me but didnt know how bad he was fucking with me

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24773348#24773348

Your words^^^^

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
Sugabear, if you actually read my posts, you would see that I was diagnosed with A DRUG-INDUCED PSYCHOSIS"

do you know what that means? It means that drugs caused my psychosis. No clue how it can be any clearer.

My mom is not schizophrenic...she experienced hallucinations one time on dabs.

If I was schizo I would be on medication and wouldn't be able to function without them. I am not on meds and I am totally fine mentally...besides when I start dabbing everyday. Would ya look at that?

--------------------

Reason:
Another pub thread
No crying in OTD
Click

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26293868 - 11/02/19 10:30 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Umm ok? Do you know how much drugs I was doing at that time? I was even doing spice along with dabs at that time. That was the first time I started experiencing things. It happened when the chat was around and people were fucking with me and the drugs made me see the words in a scizo type way

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26293869 - 11/02/19 10:31 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I ended up bouncing back 100% and since I didn't know dabs was the problem, I eventually started doing concentrates again and ended up going nuts from them specifically two more times. I am totally fine doing any drug besides concentrates. They trigger my psychosis

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineMach z 800
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: openmind]
    #26294881 - 11/02/19 06:55 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

openmind said:
Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:

lol i wont lie it is pretty funny because i was not expecting that not one bit 😂.

It's not just concentrates that can cause low blood pressure :shrug: . The herb alone can do it as well. I've fainted/passed out and have gone into convulsive syncope from just a bowl of weed before, and another time from taking a massive bong hit of weed and standing up after (almost guaranteed to faint when doing that).....And experiencing a brief period of low blood pressure is not something that's detrimental/damaging to the body, it's mostly harmless (so as long as someone doesn't hurt themselves by falling if they faint/pass out).

And like mentioned in my previous post, mushrooms can cause low blood pressure too...LSD has done it to me also....I've fainted/passed out from mushrooms once before, and another time on LSD I was right on the verge of passing out/collapsing for a brief moment (my blood pressure dropped super duper low during the come up one time for like 10 to 15 minutes and I was barely hanging on trying to remain conscious, my field of vision was almost entirely black, full on tunnel vision, I couldn't stand up, ears ringing, super dizzy, super pale/white in the face, lots of cold sweat, lots of dysphoria and feeling unwell).

Lots of different drugs influence blood pressure, some folks are just more susceptible to such things.....Mix in other possible variables like low blood sugar or dehydration, and the issue of low BP will only be exacerbated.

-OM

OfflineMach z 800
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26294883 - 11/02/19 06:57 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FungiMaster said:
Well I'd back off the amount of dab if you're passing out because of it bro. Makes me wish I had some weed bro. Passing out from dabbing. I smoked 2 hits of extract wax in a glass device and was high a day and a half.

i can make a gram last about a week give or take because i do share alot lol. Thoe i do prefer some dank flower over dabs.

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26295742 - 11/03/19 08:16 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
Umm ok? Do you know how much drugs I was doing at that time? I was even doing spice along with dabs at that time. That was the first time I started experiencing things. It happened when the chat was around and people were fucking with me and the drugs made me see the words in a scizo type way

If you were doing other drugs at the time. Including Spice which has been known to have harmful effects. Even killed some people. Then how is it that you come to the conclusion that it was cannabis and not anything else? Or the combination of all the drugs including your environment?

--------------------

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26296160 - 11/03/19 12:05 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Neither. The fact that some years later after sobriety I started back up with the weed and eventually dabbed everyday. After dabbing everyday for about 5 months, I went batshit crazy. Then I came back fully again, stayed sober, then I started dabbing again because I was convinced it couldn't make anyone nuts..it's just weed right? Wrong. I went batshit crazy again. Then I beat it again and I have been fine ever since. That last time occured a few years ago.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26296688 - 11/03/19 04:11 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

But just to be clear you enjoy smoking cannabis normally? I’m just trying to understand your situation...

--------------------

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26297802 - 11/04/19 08:06 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I smoked daily from age 16 and on then i got into dabs and went nuts. Stopped. Got into it slowly and worked my way up to dabs again. Went crazy. Repeat. Then the last couple years I would hit my pen at night and sometimes during the day. Slowed down a lot. Then actually this past 2 or 3 weeks I haven't even been smoking at night. I lived most of my life high from ages 16-26

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26297829 - 11/04/19 08:24 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I don't see why my history matters so much. There's many people who have had psychotic breaks from concentrates. Do they all have family history of schizophrenia? I highly doubt it. What is so hard with believe that abusing a psychedelic drug daily will cause mental health issues?

The common thing I hear and read from "woke potheads" is that weed can't cause any mental health issues and it can only bring out preexisting issues. That is bullshit. They get so snarky about that and say it like it's a total fact.

So if weed only brings it out..then it causes it! If weed makes it happen then weed is the source. Dont give me that other crap.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

#26297865 - 11/04/19 08:42 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Of course it causes it bill, abusing unnatural amounts of THC for years at a time will cause *most* people problems rather than good down the line same with any drug really.

--------------------
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

#26297879 - 11/04/19 08:48 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Eclipse3130 said:
A gram a day is definitely abuse if it's high potency, but sometimes I would take half gram and full gram dabs in a single dab. Some of the most terrifying experiences of my life :lol: and cannabis never cured my social anxiety, it actually made it worse by enhancing the negative voice in my head, on top of draining my energy and simply not wanting to talk anymore as well. I also didn't have a job at the time I was sleeping for 14 hours a day sometimes from the heavy dabbing. And a gram a day is on the LOW side where I'm from, I had a friend who would go up to 9 and could take 3 gram dabs, he was a concentrate plug so he could afford it too

Lol til people do full gram and 3 gram dabs, I can't even imagine how that is possible, but I will trust you that it is.

Sounds akin to binge drinking, another form of substance abuse.

I've always done the snap method, that is small hits that don't leave you hacking a lung followed by a few minutes to judge effect before another. I find if I don't wait in between I miss most of the euphoria and go straight to over stoned. For me though it's about reaching a desired effect and staying there for 4 hours before re medicating.

These days I eat wiped film distillate inside little gelatin capsules. I place a small 5-15mg quantity and take them like you would take any other medication, one at a time on a schedule.

Anything can be abused. But that doesn't mean it can only be abused.

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
I ended up bouncing back 100% and since I didn't know dabs was the problem, I eventually started doing concentrates again and ended up going nuts from them specifically two more times. I am totally fine doing any drug besides concentrates. They trigger my psychosis

Glad to hear that and sorry if I went a bit hard at you.

I still think there is something genetic in what you describe, but maybe like eclipse you and her were using in quantities such that many people have problems.

--------------------

Reason:
Another pub thread
No crying in OTD
Click

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26297890 - 11/04/19 08:52 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

There is literally nobody in my family that has had mental health issues. None. My mom tripped off a massive amount of concentrates once. I have no idea how anyone could say it's genetics. I smoked too much and overdid it. Plain and simple.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26297896 - 11/04/19 08:54 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I'm really not even blaming weed. I'm blaming myself. If I didn't go so hard with it i doubt it would have happened. The only point I'm trying to make is that when abused, conconcentrates can make you temporary psych

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineThe Mycologist
Explorer

#26297926 - 11/04/19 09:11 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I will say this Bill. I have been consuming lots of concentrates for years now and Im fine. I have pushed to see if I could figure it out, and  I think your wiring just doesnt like the extreme weed space.

In conclusion, it is very possible for dabs to fuck a person up but it is not guaranteed.

--------------------
"That you are here—that life exists, and identity;
That the powerful play goes on, and you will contribute a verse.”
― Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
:acidfire::tmckenna:

Edited by The Mycologist (11/04/19 09:16 AM)

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: The Mycologist]
    #26297956 - 11/04/19 09:26 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Of course it's not guarenteed. I know people who dab daily and they seem okay. These people are also mentally hardened individuals who only smoke weed and never ventured out into the world of psychedelics. I'm not saying everyone will get psychosis from it, I'm just saying it's more common than most people think and not everyone who goes through it had schizo genetics. It's possible that my previous marijuana and psychedelic use primed me for going nuts from dabs. Not quite sure about that since I went nuts the third time from just dabbing and in the midst of a long break from other psychs.

Just saying that this stuff becomes unpredictable when used heavily for long periods of time.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineThe Mycologist
Explorer

#26298093 - 11/04/19 10:26 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I would think that the other psychs would have bothered you too.

But, Weed is pretty wild, and can sometimes be a stronger panic starter than the other psychs.

Very curious for sure.

--------------------

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26298896 - 11/04/19 04:43 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Doesn't seem like you are very curious seeing as how you are just denying the fact that if it wasn't for dabbing specifically I wouldn't have gone nuts. There's nothing to really wonder about if you are just going to make up your mind before hand :shrug:

Never tell a pot smoker that even concentrates can have something do with severe mental health issues. That's what this thread has taught me.

Whether or not psychs primed me, it was the concentrates that hit the 3rd base runner home.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#26299608 - 11/04/19 10:04 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I blame going hard at it, not yourself, anyone going hard at it.
making it more important than anything.

go easy and keep working on a good perspective.

--------------------

OfflineMach z 800
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26300193 - 11/05/19 08:33 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
I smoked daily from age 16 and on then i got into dabs and went nuts. Stopped. Got into it slowly and worked my way up to dabs again. Went crazy. Repeat. Then the last couple years I would hit my pen at night and sometimes during the day. Slowed down a lot. Then actually this past 2 or 3 weeks I haven't even been smoking at night. I lived most of my life high from ages 16-26

yes i definitely prefer cannabis to dabs. Shure dabs are an instant high. But i just love the the taste an smell of dank buds. I do dab some times every day but there small dabs. I like small dabs because i still get mega ripped an i dont destroy my tollercne. 

Tho i have friends that can blow threw an oz of dab in one week no problem. Going threw that much my lungs would hurt lol.

OfflineMach z 800
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26300197 - 11/05/19 08:35 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
Doesn't seem like you are very curious seeing as how you are just denying the fact that if it wasn't for dabbing specifically I wouldn't have gone nuts. There's nothing to really wonder about if you are just going to make up your mind before hand :shrug:

Never tell a pot smoker that even concentrates can have something do with severe mental health issues. That's what this thread has taught me.

Whether or not psychs primed me, it was the concentrates that hit the 3rd base runner home.

yeah dude iv had some crazy strong come ups on acid an mushrooms an this dab hit mad them both feels childs play lol .

OfflineThe Mycologist
Explorer

#26300543 - 11/05/19 11:55 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

The situation is curious Bill.

Maybe you are the one in denial. I imagine it would be hard to accept that your brain has some background issues.

There are 1000s of people dabbing excessively right now. Where are all the psychotic breaks. The statistics just don't support it.

--------------------

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26300888 - 11/05/19 02:33 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Nobody in my family has mental health issues besides religion :lol:

But really, I don't believe it is possible. I smoked too much and three seperate times and went nuts before I learned my lesson. But it is what it is

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

#26300929 - 11/05/19 02:49 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The Mycologist said:
The situation is curious Bill.

Maybe you are the one in denial. I imagine it would be hard to accept that your brain has some background issues.

There are 1000s of people dabbing excessively right now. Where are all the psychotic breaks. The statistics just don't support it.

There's definitely a lot more reports than there ever has been, that's saying something, all of which are using concentrated forms of cannabis. Google is your friend.

In reality the amount of people that can afford, acquire, and have the time of day to abuse copious amounts of high quality concentrates are about 5% of the entire weed smoking collective. The amount actually doing it, less than that, I was one of them and can say first hand it was no good for my body or brain, I never went "psychotic" but I definitely felt psychotic at times, especially with the excessive paranoia and anxiety that looms over you over a long period of time, eventually my highs only consisted of no positive effects, but entirely negative.

It takes months to build up your tolerance to such a degree of abuse. You will see a lot more problems on the rise, cannabis hypermesis syndrome included.

--------------------
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26300935 - 11/05/19 02:51 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

^^ very good points

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26301303 - 11/05/19 05:09 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

i just typed in "psychosis and concentrates" and an overwhelming amount of articles popped up of stories of how people went nuts from dabbing.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
    #26302017 - 11/06/19 02:17 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
i just typed in "psychosis and concentrates" and an overwhelming amount of articles popped up of stories of how people went nuts from dabbing.

This wouldn't surprise me TBH.

--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

OfflineThe Mycologist
Explorer

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: Loaded Shaman] * 1
    #26302217 - 11/06/19 06:49 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

My whole point is that its the minority of people. So since it isnt everyone, there must be other mechanisms at play.

Unless we think that anyone given enough dabs would have psychosis.

--------------------

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26302680 - 11/06/19 11:21 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I bet everyone who has the time and money to dab all day everyday will experience something negative mentally.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineThe Mycologist
Explorer

#26302702 - 11/06/19 11:33 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Other than psychotic breaks. I feel like mental things are hard to describe as being negative. I sometimes shoot to get to challenging mental states, but I dont think of them as negative.

--------------------

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26302963 - 11/06/19 01:23 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

What? Why would anyone shoot to mess with their mind? That's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. Do you know how valuable and fragile the mind is?

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

Edited by Bill_Oreilly (11/06/19 01:51 PM)

OfflineThe Mycologist
Explorer

#26303009 - 11/06/19 01:43 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Weed is a psychedellic, I use it as such.

--------------------

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26303026 - 11/06/19 01:53 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

So it's a psychedelic but we should concentrate it down to its purest form and smoke massive amounts of it? That even sounds bad

But I thought you meant that you shoot for trying to make yourself nuts or have mental issues. That's how I read it, my bad.

But really, if you honestly used weed as a psych you would take long breaks then smoke massive amounts of it in one setting. That is a lot more healthy for you than smoking it daily :shrug:

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

Edited by Bill_Oreilly (11/06/19 02:18 PM)

OfflineThe Mycologist
Explorer

#26303059 - 11/06/19 02:10 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

"We" shouldn't do anything. You cant handle dabs, they mess you up.

Since you are so scared of purity, should I trip on ergot this weekend? I wouldnt want to put that ultra pure LSD in my body.

--------------------

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26303075 - 11/06/19 02:17 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Looks like I hit a nerve

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26303083 - 11/06/19 02:19 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I can handle dabs just fine. Looks like you don't know what heavy use means.

I was doing globs one after another every day all day until I went to bed, for a few months. Go ahead and do that and try to tell me you are 100% healthy.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#26303149 - 11/06/19 02:49 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

the essence of cognitive freedom is that we can use or not use a psychedelic when and how we want without interference or attitude.

for those who find this freedom in mass quantities, then great!
Remember those Cone Heads - they came from France, right?

--------------------

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26303150 - 11/06/19 02:49 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Where did I say we shouldn't be allowed to do what we want? I just don't like when weed heads deny the facts about marijuana and act like there's no negative effects.

It fucks up your memory. Its no good for people under the age of 21 as they are still growing. Dabs overtime can cause psychosis or other mental issues that could be less severe. Coming off of long time dab use will make one irritated and not sleep very well. Shit like that.

I just want potheads to accept facts. Weed is one of the safest drugs you can do. If my kid were to do any drugs I hope it's just weed. I'm just saying that there IS consequences when abused long term in high amounts and high THC percentages

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26306645 - 11/08/19 07:08 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Well Bill we don’t like that for what has now been weeks you are trying to bullhorn your own experiences into everyone’s beliefs about cannabis. We get it you have something against cannabis lol. I think everyone here has heard your point. OP is prolly wtf happened to my thread?!

It is obviously unsafe for YOU to consume drugs lol. So please stop giving them a bad name because you had a bad time.

--------------------

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

#26306689 - 11/08/19 08:01 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Cannabis is a fantastic medicine for many people, there is just a stigma around it that "weed isn't bad" and it goes to people's head. Now we have daily cannabis tokers running around thinking they're not dependent/addicted, when it really is an addictive drug. I use to be addicted to it for years at a time, and yes it's probably one of the safest drugs to be addicted to, you can't deny your own addiction like most addicts do anyway :lol:

--------------------
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26306863 - 11/08/19 09:43 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Well said, eclipse.

No matter what I say, I am the bad guy. All I did was spit facts :shrug:

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#26307344 - 11/08/19 01:30 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

serving potheads since ah, I forget - painted right on the front of the store.

paraphernalia and a smoking lounge for years anyway.

--------------------

OfflineFungiMaster
Entrepreneur
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bay Area, CA, USA Flag
    #26307589 - 11/08/19 03:35 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Funny crap. It's like puking from taking a bunch of drugs man.

--------------------

https://tinyurl.com/wjuxagb

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

#26307611 - 11/08/19 03:50 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I have to agree tho
The cannabis community defintly does in large Orr spread great misinformation about weed , and do have that attitude of “There’s no draw backs”

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order