Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: SocalJosh] * 1
    #26290767 - 10/31/19 09:26 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SocalJosh said:

Nowhere has the increase in potency shown to be harmful. At least not with scientific proof backing it. When John Hopkins says that increased THC potency leads to harmful effects then I’ll listen.

You do realize dabbing in general is very new, within the last 5-10 years has it only become popular and vastly available to the general public in legal states.

It takes muuuch longer than that of heavy prolonged use to even begin to get studies, it will take 20-30 years before brain scans can confirm what abusive heavy dabbing does to a brain.

Cannabis isn't cannabis anymore, it's simply GMO weed. Literally genetically modified weed, to increase THC levels. It's not balanced, it has turned into a drug that is easy for abuse potential.

And let's be real, heavy dabbing over long periods of time is dangerous, I myself have even went into THC induced psychosis, it's not uncommon. Super high potencies of weed is relatively extremely new to society. It's no longer a balanced plant, it's a plant that's genetically modified by humans to have very high THC levels.

I use to dab grams daily of THC diamonds, 99% THC, and knew people who would go upwards of 5 a day, it takes a toll on the brain, and usually ends in massive anxiety and paranoia, or psychosis.

Let's also be real, a cannabis addict will do and say whatever to backup his addiction to convince himself to keep using, "oh it's medical" "I use it for sleep" "it helps my anxiety"

Whatever your defense is to why you're addicted and abuse it every day. In reality if you are using cannabis for pure recreational purposes, every single day, for no other reason than to get high you are simply an addict, if you're abusing it then that's even worse.

--------------------
"In The Material World One seeks retirement and grows Old
In The Magical World One seeks Enlightenment and grows Wiser
In The Miraculous World One seeks nothing and grows Lighter
As we all tread the Homeward Path we will explore many Realms
And one day... we will all Realize that all experiences are Simply
Different ways in which The
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: Eclipse3130]
    #26290772 - 10/31/19 09:30 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Yay score another one for good ol unbiased honesty

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: Bill_Oreilly] * 1
    #26290803 - 10/31/19 09:44 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Cannabis is literally a GMO. We've bred it so far for its THC production(greed) that it is no longer natural. Its lost its balance. Especiallyy extraction, you're just smoking hard drugs at that point, isolating the compounds that produce psychoactive effects and smoking copious amounts of them.

If I could smoke some wild weed, it would probably be one of the greatest experiences. I don't smoke anymore because shits just too strong, I'll have a toke of CBD Dominant weed once in a blue moon

--------------------
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26291279 - 11/01/19 07:05 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Hash oil has been consumed for a long time lol. Way more than the last 10-20 years.
Back in the 70s people were making BHO. It didn’t become popular till the glass blowers started making dab rigs. Before that everyone was hot knifing or just putting it on top weed.

You guys are literally spreading disinformation.

If you guys have such a problem you should start your own thread about it instead of hijacking everyone else’s and calling them dicks.

--------------------
Take it easy man.... But take it!

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: SocalJosh]
    #26291281 - 11/01/19 07:08 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Also now we are talking about “heavy use dabbing” vs increased potency overall.
Idk where you read that I said dabbing 99%thc every day is safe? Or condoned? Pretty sure I never said that.

So thanks for proving my point that it is impossible to have a educated conversation about weed when your guys scream heretic every time.

This is exactly the kind of shit Asante was just talking about.

--------------------

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

#26291291 - 11/01/19 07:17 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SocalJosh said:
Hash oil has been consumed for a long time lol. Way more than the last 10-20 years.
Back in the 70s people were making BHO. It didn’t become popular till the glass blowers started making dab rigs. Before that everyone was hot knifing or just putting it on top weed.

It was being consumed, but mainly in the form of hash, and very very crude bho. Much lower levels of thc, and much less effective methods of consumption, on top of that, the levels it was available and used widely were extremely low compared to today.

High THC concentrates and effective methods of consumption really only became very popular since 2012.

--------------------
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26291303 - 11/01/19 07:23 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Idk a lot of people who can afford to smoke diamonds everyday man. You are just taking this convo to the extreme. 30% THC full spectrum cannabis is a whole different story than 99% rocks. Most people don’t even get that kind of cannabis.
Mostly where I am at the average THC is around 15-20%

It’s ultimately up to you what you are getting. I guess if you choose to dab 99% every day and don’t think it’s gonna have an effect that says more about you than about cannabis.

--------------------

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

#26291324 - 11/01/19 07:31 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SocalJosh said:
Idk a lot of people who can afford to smoke diamonds everyday man. You are just taking this convo to the extreme. 30% THC full spectrum cannabis is a whole different story than 99% rocks. Most people don’t even get that kind of cannabis.
Mostly where I am at the average THC is around 15-20%

It’s ultimately up to you what you are getting. I guess if you choose to dab 99% every day and don’t think it’s gonna have an effect that says more about you than about cannabis.

That's exactly what I'm trying to say, I was a medical grower for many years, and deep into the cannabis industry even most of my career growing for recreational farms, anyone in the industry or plugged in with cannabis connects is pretty much free to smoke whatever they want for very cheap prices, it's not uncommon in legal states, most people can't afford it but the ones who can, and I've surrounded myself with a lot of them and was one myself, I'm saying it's dangerous and it's a hard drug at that point is all - I literally became so severely psychologically addicted and had serious withdrawal symptoms quitting not to mention the paranoid psychosis I entered at points of abuse. I kept in my mind "it's weed it's safe" "it's just a plant" etc while I was in reality actually abusing hard drugs sleeping for up to 14 hours a day. It was an easy escape just like a opiate addict or something.

My main point is cannabis isn't just a balanced plant anymore, especially when getting into extraction, the abuse potential is very high. I'm not discrediting the benefits of moderate and proper cannabis use, especially the medical proponents and how much it does help people - that is completely fine, it's when you are using it solely for recreational purposes it becomes an addiction and you begin to abuse it.

--------------------
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26291332 - 11/01/19 07:36 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Do you drink beer recreationally without abuse? You can have one dab and not abuse it.

The term “relatively safe” comes to mind.

I don’t completely disagree with what you are saying, but I can’t demonize all of hash oil or all of cannabis because of what happens when you habitually smoke it in its purest form.

I mean really? You thought there would be no ill effects from isolating and concentrating into its purest forms?

--------------------

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26291333 - 11/01/19 07:37 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Or is it just that you do not condone recreational drug use?

--------------------

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

#26291353 - 11/01/19 07:42 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SocalJosh said:
Do you drink beer recreationally without abuse? You can have one dab and not abuse it.

The term “relatively safe” comes to mind.

I don’t completely disagree with what you are saying, but I can’t demonize all of hash oil or all of cannabis because of what happens when you habitually smoke it in its purest form.

I mean really? You thought there would be no ill effects from isolating and concentrating into its purest forms?

Again this is the main point I'm getting at, most people don't understand that, and it's being sold in shops to the general public, it has turned into just another drug for abuse just as much as it helps heal. And yes you can use dabs without abusing it or becoming addicted but that's not the case for every user, especially when it's such an easy and relatively safe escape.

I don't think recreational dabbing has any value or purpose, other than the "recreation" which is simply getting high for the enjoyment which is perfectly fine in moderation, as with most drugs, it's not entirely safe though is all, and these forms of the drug have not been widely available in the past, and by how much it is pushed into the markets, it is now officially another "hard drug" that people are having problems with

--------------------
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26291371 - 11/01/19 07:51 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Nobody needs to get that high. When you need to dab everyday, you have a problem. Regular 25-30% weed should be strong enough for anybody.

The mind has trouble processing THC in such large amounts when dabbing everyday. That's what I have noticed, anyway. But it must be genetics..

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: Eclipse3130] * 1
    #26291377 - 11/01/19 07:54 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Let me back up.
What I should have said is: Cannabis in concentrate form is much safer for the user because there are less carcinogens. By far..

Smoking pure hash as if it was regular weed is not safe. In the amounts that people currently use the oils they aren’t safe. What made you think that it was ok to dab out all day like you were puffing on a pipe?

Leaning on substance abuse for escape as you put is is not safe.

Plenty of people can come home and take one dab and put it away. Or puff on their oil pen once or twice and be done. Your case is apparently an extreme one.
To say that concentrates are not medical is just nonsense. You are saying that THC has no medical value

--------------------

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

#26291386 - 11/01/19 07:57 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Simply saying the recreational use/abuse has no medical value, but that's a given :lol:

What made me think it was ok? I was addicted.. it's hard to stop when you have to run through a week of harsh withdrawal symptoms.

--------------------
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #26291389 - 11/01/19 07:59 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
Nobody needs to get that high. When you need to dab everyday, you have a problem. Regular 25-30% weed should be strong enough for anybody.

The mind has trouble processing THC in such large amounts when dabbing everyday. That's what I have noticed, anyway. But it must be genetics..

Yessir. It basically floods dopamine to such an extent your mind will start creating patterns that don't even exist, this is when the paranoia and sensory overload comes in, your brain is on hyper-drive trying to process too much information at one given time, and then it becomes overwhelming and the psychosis can develop from that state and especially prolonged daily immersion in that state as your brain grasps for control and grounding

--------------------
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

#26291393 - 11/01/19 08:03 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Along with the abuse we have also seen medical problems arise such as Cannabis Hypermesis Syndrome which is a rare but increasingly common condition

--------------------
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#26291544 - 11/01/19 09:46 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I think Bill is a bit extreme in reactions about this, but THC can be as strong as any other psychedelic with the added effect of sedation which can be dark and if people are inclined to fear and looping (on that day) then they will get powerful bummer experiences - This is the same as with other psychedelics.

I prefer lysergamides as they are more wakefull, so brighter than cannabis, but I am happy to toke lightly at least half the time.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: redgreenvines] * 1
    #26291574 - 11/01/19 10:02 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry if I was being extreme, I just hate when potheads claim that dabbing is as safe as flower. I didn't say anything that was false, did I? I just don't have patience for people who should know that simple truth, yet refute it when anyone mentions it.

Always turn shit around on me. Can I ever be right on here? It's like when people agree with me, I'm still wrong because I "was being extreme" but it's all good.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

#26291578 - 11/01/19 10:04 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I suspect we are in fundamental agreement on the main issues here anyway and don't need to fall out over it. Some people have no problems with cannabis and understandably don't need to be told cannabis is dangerous or harmful when for themselves it isn't! Lucky bastards if you ask me! 

I have a friend who never gets like I do when he smokes weed, for him cannabis is just pure fun and relaxation. I just don't think it has the potential to affect him as it does myself, but he also hasn't had my experiences with psychedelics (or life in general) and cannabis combined, nor did he start smoking or eating edibles at a relatively young age.

Rather than saying cannabis is harmful it's probably better to say instead that cannabis has the potential to be harmful in certain situations and/or personalities.

But likewise people who warn of the dangers of cannabis should not be flippantly dismissed as mentally defective, as even people who smoke cannabis now without any problems whatsoever should keep in mind that this can all change. The same with habitual use or addiction.

And one thing I really do feel very strongly about, is please take care mixing psychedelics and cannabis together.

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

Re: Blacking out after a dab [Re: wolf8312]
    #26291652 - 11/01/19 10:25 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah for some people, they just never seem high. I could never understand the ones who become extroverted after smoking. For me, it always makes me introverted. That's how I know I'm high. I couldn't imagine it any other way. I'm just saying that dabs are totally unnessassary and there's a risk involved that isn't with flower. Why take that risk? Im not telling anyone what to do..I'm just saying to not be niave and go to war for something that really can be harmful. Just because it's not harmful for every single soul who uses it doesn't mean it's not harmful, but not everyone who thinks they belong in that category are in that category. Also, not everyone who has negative effects from dabbing has schizo genetics. The dude in this thread who said me or my mom should never touch a psychedelic drug because we experienced negative effects from dabbing set me off. That's just ridiculous. People act like they want to get engaged to this damn plant. They will defend it at all costs.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder