Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Re: Evolution [Re: Shroomism]
    #2626242 - 05/01/04 01:59 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I disagree, I believe that thought AND action has that same power.  
If thought and action has the same power, how come you had to "Act" on your keyboard instead of just thinking about what you wanted to type?
Life Experience naturally leads to learning, we can all agree on that?  

Thats what i m talking about.

Learning turns to wisdom over time through inner reflection and hindsight.  

Learning turns to wisdom, when you actually let it change some of your present ACTIONS, otherwise it just stays a nice theory...

Wisdom turns into evolution through thought process change, and subsequently actions change

freedom of moovement=freedom of thought 
Thought is a great enemy when it comes to returning to the source of our existance.
When we first come to life, we moove, we dont think.THO, we learn by observing mooves and changes in our surroundings, IN FACT we learn in infinite more ways than we do with thought. Thought is one way of learning, there are billions.

By entering a trance state for example and dancing, people have been learning without thinking for thousands of years now.(Tribal tribes, shamans, ravers)

Evolution has nothing to do with our thinking, just with the pressure applyed on the pre-programmed human ACTIONS :eek:

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Edited by Sterile (05/01/04 02:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2626251 - 05/01/04 02:02 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
In a nutshell, for human evolution
(note that = in this case means eventually)

Experience = Learning = Wisdom = Evolution

No, that equals maturity, not evolution. Evolution is a biological process of adaptation to one's changing environment.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineLux
Re: Evolution [Re: Sterile]
    #2626342 - 05/01/04 02:27 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sterile said:

By entering a trance state for example and dancing, people have been learning without thinking for thousands of years now.(Tribal tribes, shamans, ravers)

Yes, this is a method of getting in contact with your spirit guides which can teach you many, many things and lend power to bring back from the spirit world to heal. It DOES at times, though, take tremendous reflection...I really don't see what the big deal is though, we are all here simply sharing our spirituality and philosophies and we shouldn't necessarily try to force them upon others simply because they don't match up with ours.

Who's to say who's right or wrong here. What's it matter?

OfflineEuphoricBlue
Trance DepthExplorer

Loc: Fresno, California
    #2626345 - 05/01/04 02:27 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

"When it comes to evolving DNA though, nothing beats the Sun and multidimensional light.

Light = cellular information/transmutation "

Holy shit....do you just say that?? Sooooooo True!!!

Chad

Offlinecosmicchic
Re: Evolution [Re: silversoul7]
    #2626349 - 05/01/04 02:29 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Silver,

I think both you and shrooms are right- he is talking about the evolution of mental emotional and spiritual maturiy.

And if the outter world reflects the inner world then biological evolution follows suit. Our biology will adapt to meet the needs of our evolving thoughts and emotions.

Environment can be inner as well as outter.

I think together you both painted a pretty picture!

Love,
Cindy

Offlinecosmicchic
Re: Evolution [Re: EuphoricBlue]
    #2626356 - 05/01/04 02:31 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Chad- that was cool! Your singing my song!

Love,
Cindy

OfflineEuphoricBlue
Trance DepthExplorer

Loc: Fresno, California
Re: Evolution [Re: EuphoricBlue]
    #2626361 - 05/01/04 02:32 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Lux - "Yes, this is a method of getting in contact with your spirit guides which can teach you many, many things and lend power to bring back from the spirit world to heal."

Ohhhhhh man. Raves last year in the bay. Found my self for real. The dance... theres something coming through trance. I would dance in my costume and let the spirit world talk through my movements. It is a form of healing to a planet that needs it so bad right now.

An Army of One (Light),
Chad

Offlinecosmicchic
Re: Evolution [Re: cosmicchic]
    #2626366 - 05/01/04 02:33 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well, not MY song, I meant we must be tuned into the same broadcasting station LOL.

light = cellular information transmutation! He He

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #2626403 - 05/01/04 02:43 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Just to add a little.

Time = experience = wisdom.

We could classify things in two categories. Evolution of thought, were wisdom is and Evolution of body, where one's body changes due to it's environment.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Evolution [Re: silversoul7]
    #2626417 - 05/01/04 02:47 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

No, that equals maturity, not evolution. Evolution is a biological process of adaptation to one's changing environment.

I think he was referring to spiritual evolution.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Evolution [Re: Jellric]
    #2626425 - 05/01/04 02:49 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well then change that to a spiritual process of adaptation to one's changing environment.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Evolution [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #2627143 - 05/01/04 07:37 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Phencyclidine said:
Perhaps he just phrased it poorly but my understanding was that they're supposed to be the same things as evolution and not traits acquired through evolution.

a trait accquired through evolution could also be an evolutionary influence.

consider this:

lets say a species of bird evolves itself a super eye so that it can see prey on the ground better. This newly accquired trait may effect the evolution of the prey's species as well. Perhaps, if the prey is a small furry creature, the ones with a certain shade of fur are less likely to be spotted by the bird's super eye. Thus, their genes are selected, having been influenced by the evolutionary stressor of the bird's newly accquired trait.

Perhap's one aspect of a species' evolution could effect the other ways in which it evolves as well. Consider this:

Man develops a brain capable of concieving and implementing the combustion engine. As a result, combustion engines are everywhere, pouring noxious carbon monoxide into the air. People who tend to get cancer from overexposure to carbon monoxide begin to die off. Their genes are deselcted. Only those people whose systems are capable of processing the carbon monoxide will have a high likelihood of passing their genes on to the next generation. Thus, the human cardio vascular system continues to get stronger and more robust after many generations.

sometimes effects are causes as well. Everything is inter-related. Evolution is not a straight line, but a vast web of interaction.

Offlinecosmicchic
Re: Evolution [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2627164 - 05/01/04 07:45 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Docter,

I loved your take on seeing effects as being new causes of other effects and looking at cause and effect as a bigger dynamic of chained events. I never looked at that way before. Now you just gave me something new to trip out on! :thumbup:

Love,
Cindy

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#2628110 - 05/02/04 01:41 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

To those who argue the sun is not a catalyst of evolution: think about it for 2 minutes. I'm quite sure you'll come to terms and understand you are a child of the sun. We are all born from it, and I do believe light contains information for our DNA, and I also believe stars are very important message carriers of the Universe. Similiar to Alexander Graham Bell's expirements with light communication.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Offlinecosmicchic
Re: Evolution [Re: psyka]
    #2628204 - 05/02/04 02:16 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Psyka!

:thumbup:

OfflineParabolaChair
    #2628249 - 05/02/04 02:36 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I think lots of people are missing what evolution is.
It is not a progression towards something "good" or "right" or even "better." It doesn't start when people are finally good to eachother, and it doesn't end when we achieve world peace.

Offlinecosmicchic
Re: Evolution [Re: ParabolaChair]
    #2628439 - 05/02/04 03:42 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

opps wrong thread

Edited by cosmicchic (05/02/04 04:18 PM)

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Evolution [Re: ParabolaChair]
    #2628701 - 05/02/04 05:42 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

You say tomato, I say expanding consciousness.
Sense make this does?

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

OfflineDeepDish2
journeyman
Re: Evolution [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2629933 - 05/02/04 10:59 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Man develops a brain capable of concieving and implementing the combustion engine. As a result, combustion engines are everywhere, pouring noxious carbon monoxide into the air. People who tend to get cancer from overexposure to carbon monoxide begin to die off. Their genes are deselcted. Only those people whose systems are capable of processing the carbon monoxide will have a high likelihood of passing their genes on to the next generation. Thus, the human cardio vascular system continues to get stronger and more robust after many generations.

Genes are deselected? By what process? The simple act of dying has nothing to do with genes being selected or deselected. What is more important is whether the organism can reproduce or not. In the rest of the natural world, exculding humans, animals are subjected to highly limited resources. The organisms better able to exploit these resources, are more reproductivly successful, allowing there genes to be transferred to offspring. This is not analogous to humans, as almost every human on the planet, regardless of the "quality" of their genes is able to reproduce. For instance, lets assume you have a gene that gives you resistance to carbon monoxide related cancer, and I have one that makes me succeptible. At age 50 I die of cancer, and you live to 90. I, however, am able to pump out 10 children, while you have an only child. In a strictly evolutionary sense, I am more successful, as my genes have propogated more.

OfflineDeepDish2
journeyman
Re: Evolution [Re: psyka]
    #2629953 - 05/02/04 11:05 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

To those who argue the sun is not a catalyst of evolution: think about it for 2 minutes. I'm quite sure you'll come to terms and understand you are a child of the sun. We are all born from it, and I do believe light contains information for our DNA, and I also believe stars are very important message carriers of the Universe. Similiar to Alexander Graham Bell's expirements with light communication.

The sun is a catalyst in evolution, it causes our DNA to mutate, a well studied and documented phenomena. DNA mutations due to electomagentic radiation are almost always bad, it is only the rare one that is actually beneficial. What exactly do you mean by "information", and "message carriers".

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom