Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Tantrika]
    #26621722 - 04/23/20 09:49 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

It wasn't some profound statement.  I've known a lot of people in my life.  I've seen men and women both cry.  The only men I know who are so adamant about "men don't cry" are insecure man-children.

It was anecdotal, sure...but it is an opinion formed from a half century on the planet.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Enlil]
    #26621735 - 04/23/20 09:54 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
It wasn't some profound statement.  I've known a lot of people in my life.  I've seen men and women both cry.  The only men I know who are so adamant about "men don't cry" are insecure man-children.

It was anecdotal, sure...but it is an opinion formed from a half century on the planet.

if you used "insecure man-children" in your initial comment, would not have evoked my response

just interested in why you chose the word "pussy" as a substitute for "insecure man-children"

Khajiit are big enough to cry

am even tossing you a softball -- have memed about the source of pussy before

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Tantrika] * 1
    #26621746 - 04/23/20 10:01 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

Well, you're free to project your particular sensitivities onto anything anyone says.  You're old enough and smart enough to know that others may not share your sensitivities nor the underlying information that you may have about those sensitivities.  You're also old enough and smart enough to know that by approaching the discussion in this way, you are transparently shifting the focus to your cause du jour in an attempt to raise awareness of it.

I applaud the goal and the motivation, but your subtlety could use some work.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Enlil] * 1
    #26621757 - 04/23/20 10:06 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Well, you're free to project your particular sensitivities onto anything anyone says.  You're old enough and smart enough to know that others may not share your sensitivities nor the underlying information that you may have about those sensitivities.  You're also old enough and smart enough to know that by approaching the discussion in this way, you are transparently shifting the focus to your cause du jour in an attempt to raise awareness of it.

I applaud the goal and the motivation, but your subtlety could use some work.

the man who tried to call me out on use of the word "make"
referred to sensitivities, rather than providing an etymological account

credit where it is due, appreciate you putting a respectful post up for people who interpretted it as a feminist rant this time tho o:
just being annoying, really :lol:

:heart::hug:

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26621765 - 04/23/20 10:11 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

Again, I think you're shifting the focus to fit your agenda.  My use of the word "pussy" had literally NOTHING to do with the etymology of the word. My use of the word was because I am keenly aware of my audience.  When I used that word, I was speaking to Shenmue. 

I doubt I have to say more.  I know you can extrapolate everything else that went into my thinking.  Indeed, your own screenshot illustrates my thinking.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #26621776 - 04/23/20 10:15 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Again, I think you're shifting the focus to fit your agenda.  My use of the word "pussy" had literally NOTHING to do with the etymology of the word...

Oh most certainly,
my agenda is to have fun and you are normally interesting to speak to (or at least read posts from) about words and their implications

Quote:

Enlil said:
...My use of the word was because I am keenly aware of my audience.  When I used that word, I was speaking to Shenmue. 

I doubt I have to say more.  I know you can extrapolate everything else that went into my thinking.

So you decided to get down to his level and beat him with your experience?

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26621788 - 04/23/20 10:21 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

Well, at the risk of exposing myself some, I decided to use a keyword to invoke a particular thought in his head.  By using the word pussy instead of simply explaining that the ability to cry is an indication of an emotional strength.  Sure, I could have pointed out that the inability to cry is really a fear of entering an emotionally vulnerable spot.

My goal was to instantly and succinctly communicate to him my contempt and disdain for anyone incapable of crying.  To insinuate a world where such a person is so weak and loathsome that nearly anyone would castigate him.  Explaining the underlying rationale, of course, would undermine the entire presumption that I'm trying to portray because it acknowledges that an explanation is necessary.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #26621812 - 04/23/20 10:31 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Well, at the risk of exposing myself some, I decided to use a keyword to invoke a particular thought in his head.  By using the word pussy instead of simply explaining that the ability to cry is an indication of an emotional strength.  Sure, I could have pointed out that the inability to cry is really a fear of entering an emotionally vulnerable spot.

My goal was to instantly and succinctly communicate to him my contempt and disdain for anyone incapable of crying.  To insinuate a world where such a person is so weak and loathsome that nearly anyone would castigate him.  Explaining the underlying rationale, of course, would undermine the entire presumption that I'm trying to portray because it acknowledges that an explanation is necessary.

plussed this for the honesty of the first paragraph
but unplussed it for the egotism in the second paragraph

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26621821 - 04/23/20 10:35 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

NEWSFLASH: ENLIL HAS A BIG EGO!

(Just in case you never noticed my self-determined status as a "God-King")

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #26621835 - 04/23/20 10:43 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:

The Dalai Lama has a huge ego
it takes a big ego to survive through to egoless identity
not to assert either of you have reached such, just that it is a necessary first-step
as the alternative historically leads to madness
nothing wrong with it, would assert my own as well, but, well, went mad before making it bigger and now it's just flaring megalomania

but the egotism involved in engaging someone at the level of opinion, then thinking a simple statement of opinion can sufficiently paint a world
left something to be desired, and was likely the factor resulting in it being so easily brushed off in the first place

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26621842 - 04/23/20 10:48 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

Yeah, that's a misread of what I said.  I didn't say that my opinion paints a world that comports with that opinion.  It was a bit more meta than that, but I couldn't go into the specifics without admitting to an intentional violation of the rules of this forum.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #26621853 - 04/23/20 10:54 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Yeah, that's a misread of what I said.  I didn't say that my opinion paints a world that comports with that opinion.  It was a bit more meta than that, but I couldn't go into the specifics without admitting to an intentional violation of the rules of this forum.

:devilslist:

at least you have the capacity to catch on to my playing dumb before painting yourself into a corner :lol:

it's been fun tho, will take whatever duration trolling ban you see as fit :heart:

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26621869 - 04/23/20 11:02 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

When one is a mod, one does not concern oneself with such corners.  I hover above the paint.  It's more about leaving the illusion of integrity.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
    #26621877 - 04/23/20 11:09 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:

A lawyer with an ego?
Get the fuck outta here.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.”

InvisibleballsalsaM
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: SirTripAlot] * 2
    #26621921 - 04/23/20 11:44 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

I don't cry often out of sadness.  I cried at my aunt's funeral, but that's pretty much it.  If I cry it is generally out of frustration at an inability to affect the outcome of something important to me (see: helplessness).  Sometimes a film can bring a tear.  2 days ago I got misty because one of the 2 cats that live in a field near my work got run over and the other one was crying at him from the side of the road like he was waiting for him to get up and come on.  Made me cry a little just thinking about it now.  Of course, I'm anthropomorphizing the cat at least a little bit, probably.  It just made me sad because I felt like the kitty was sad.  Then again, you don't see me crying about starving africans without access to clean water or a damned toilet.  Emotions don't always make sense

--------------------
Don't click this link                                         

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: ballsalsa]
    #26621927 - 04/23/20 11:46 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

I used to cry at commercials for long-distance telephone companies, when such things existed.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleballsalsaM
Male User Gallery

#26621941 - 04/23/20 11:54 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

I still use the phrase "drop a dime".

I don't even think a dime has been able to buy a phone call in my lifetime.  Maybe when I was really little.  I used to call a cab from a payphone to get home from elementary school and it was a quarter back then in the early 90's.  I do have vague memories of Murphy Brown hocking sprint long distance service at 10c/min around that time though

--------------------
Don't click this link                                         

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: ballsalsa]
    #26621947 - 04/23/20 11:57 AM (2 months, 18 days ago)

I remember 10 cent payphones, but I was very young.  When I was in high school, my brother and I stole a payphone and made a key.  We'd go around emptying payphones.  They had about $80 in them on average.  That was the quarter days, though.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleballsalsaM
Male User Gallery

Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Enlil] * 1
    #26621966 - 04/23/20 12:06 PM (2 months, 18 days ago)

My dad and his friends would steal dimes from newspaper machines when they were kids.  Apparently it could be done with a popsicle stick and a piece of gum in those days.  Also, his dad gave him a bunch of quarter slugs that he had punched from scrap brass and instead of using them to do laundry, my dad converted them to dimes and nickels via the change machines.  I guess laundromats actually used those denominations back then so there was a need to make change for quarters.  I never really stole anything as a kid.  I stole a watermelon jolly rancher stick by accident when I was 3 or 4 and caught a ration of shit for it that I never forgot.

--------------------
Don't click this link                                         

InvisibleShenmue
Dark Lord of the Sith 
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: dizzy_simmons]
    #26622262 - 04/23/20 02:37 PM (2 months, 18 days ago)

Quote:

dizzy_simmons said:
Quote:

Shenmue said:
Before the virus the world was basically the same...The economy was doing better and I received a better tax return...It's not like he's going to be the president forever.

This is actually the major crux of what bothers me about Trump and so many of his supporters. All they seem to focus on is "here" and "now", it's all short-term "push the problem down the line" mentality.

So Trump threw us a couple bucks this year, that doesn't negate the FACT that the personal tax cut disappears in a few years, while giant corporations get off without paying their fair share. The average taxpayer and the environment is worse off in the long run.

Actions have consequences beyond your immediate gratification, my friend.

Speaking of which, plenty of scholars point to Obama's policies as the reason for that "great economy" you were talking about, it was a trend continuing from the PAST president's actions.

-An independent voter

@Enlil & Tantrika

Y'all are both way off. It's gonna go like this:

Biden: "My wife who'm I was car crashed too for many many years from now wanted me to be presedent of the American state of the union, and I'm proud to tell her, honey, I dids it!

Trump: "IT'S A LIE! JOE NEVER EVEN HAD A WIFE! HE'S GAY AND I HAVE THE PROOF! ITS ALL IN HILLARY'S DELETED EMAILS, WHICH I HAVE ON VHS BUT THE DEMS ARE HIDING FROM US ALL BECAUSE THEY HATE FREEDOM GOD BLESS AMERICA CHURCH SOUNDBITE TWELVE HUNDRED DOLLARS MAGA YOUR VERY WELCOME!

Trump supports:

Everyone else:
:whateverhuman:

Give me a better option than trump and I'll pick that person!!! Your side picked joe Biden!! The guy has dementia for fuck sakes!!! Your talking shit about trump supporters while your side picks that!!! You guy's had a chance to pick a better option and you fucked it up. Bernie supporters didn't care enough to vote so I don't want to hear anymore crying!! The far left created president Donald Trump and when it came to casting him away they did nothing about it. So no I don't feel sorry for you guys.

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

General Interest >> Political Discussion